Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I think I remember him commenting on that to the team. I don't think they'll downgrade to reinforced concrete for long.

not a fan of that, it would be nice if there was a way that if you did the upgrades to the block the expensive way it breaks down from steel like it was wrapped around the reinforced concrete then reinforced concrete broke down to rebar frame then gone. Oh well :(

I see zeds sometimes clip through doors again from video. QUESTION: will the pressure plates finally work right? Last time i used them every time a zed stepped on one it killed my FPS. I cant wait to play A18 though, great videos MM

not a fan of that, it would be nice if there was a way that if you did the upgrades to the block the expensive way it breaks down from steel like it was wrapped around the reinforced concrete then reinforced concrete broke down to rebar frame then gone. Oh well :(

I see zeds sometimes clip through doors again from video. QUESTION: will the pressure plates finally work right? Last time i used them every time a zed stepped on one it killed my FPS. I cant wait to play A18 though, great videos MM

yeah the alpha 18 hype is real:cocksure: I also cant wait as well! gonna be really fun to play I think the replayability value looks high wthout me even playing it so I am very excited

Well it sounds like I could have it wrong at least in the case of steel. We'll see...I personally like the downgrading path instead of straight to air because it gives time to repair. Destroying instantly to air is a lot more difficult if you are trying to repair as you fight.

Then that is different or a change from what I heard. Madmole will have to clarify. I was under the impression all blocks will destroy to air. If they want the steel to be siding over the top of concrete....so be it. :)

You only have to have a look at the blocks.xml file. If a downgrade block is specified in the block description then the block will not be destroyed. For example, for steelBlock the downgrade block is rConcreteBlock.

You only have to have a look at the blocks.xml file. If a downgrade block is specified in the block description then the block will not be destroyed. For example, for steelBlock the downgrade block is rConcreteBlock.

That won't help me if the intention is to change the xml tomorrow. What we need is Madmole's answer on the intention....or Gazz's answer about his task list ;)

The kid isn't going to recognize a movie from the early 90's lol

My son calls every movie pre-2010....an old movie....

i used to watch some films from the 70's and 80' you know im not all about the new crap

- - - Updated - - -

also were the concrete blocks in 7dtd always 5k durability?

oh yeah laurel and hardy that was quite alright to watch was from like the late 40's i think

I clearly referenced MM's day 84 horde night video in my OP.

There he got a decent amount of demolishers and they got into his base almost instantly because they have very high block melee damage. They'll break through your walls/doors/bars with only a few hits.

In that video, they only did 500 block explosion damage. It got buffed after the video. If it was buffed before the video then MM's base would have been gone as several of them exploded inside his main room with all his crafting tables and storage.

I'm eagerly awaiting A18 to find defenses against this new zombie. At the same time I'm hoping that my fears and concerns are misplaced but only time will tell when we can try it out ourselves.

If I remember correctly they mostly just entered the base room by the door because MM was opening it again and again to shoot through. Also MM had a second room he could have retreated too. And we all know this base is rather underdeveloped for an end-game horde base, what does it tell us if it gets wrecked?

By the way, it seems they have been constantly balancing the spawn probability of the demolisher, first there were ~8, then none, and now 1-2. Sure, it could just be random variation, but balancing is one of the reasons MM plays the game, so it's quite probable

But it doesn't really matter who is right, the block damage of that zombie makes sure he will immediately have anyones attention whenever he turns up. But that is his purpose in life, he's is a designated "endboss", he isn't supposed to be easy.

oh darn I watched terminator 1 and 2 but completely forgot lol

Every kid tried going through bars wherever see on a fence for example, back when was released.

Epic scene.

Oh, and just watched a video where Neebs Gaming confirmed a new episodes of 7dtd, starting soon. Very soon. Friday.

Blocks destroy to air. If any do not do so, that will need to be a bug report as it was an oversight.

Guys, there is too much worry about enemies like Demolishers. Thanks to Conventional Ralston many people who would've had an issue won't have an issue. :)

Ok, so I misremembered. But I assume they upped the hitpoints of the blocks accordingly to not change the balance.

Ralston is the hotel, unlimited stealth on horde night or an option for zombies not to dig?

The base you suggested wouldn't be my style. This is something for someone who likes to defend himself with firearms.

I also wonder how the players will do that, prefer the melee bases.

Would you use a firearm to trigger the explosion?

A melee base player will have to move temporarily when the demolisher is coming and deal with him before returning to melee. Or have more than one space from which to melee. Redundancy always helps.

Archived