General road map of the game?

Hollowprime

I'd like to ask the developers to provide us with their update plans for the coming months. What is their schedule for how they tackle balance,terrain, RWG ,bugs etc.

Let's be frank,A17 is visually pleasing but it's an unfinished project regarding balance issues that plague the reviews and the community alike.

I already see a lot of dissatisfied people in reddit and in steam forums quitting the game . People didn't like the stamina on A17 but they hate the nerfed trading system just as much because it adds up to the overall slow leveling progress of the game.

Should you fail to acknowledge and address what people dislike and like but stay stubborn to some unknown plan people will simply stop playing the game altogether .

Yours friendly

Thank you for your request. TFP does not release their internal development schedule or priority lists. The general roadmap for the public would be as follows:

1) Fixing bugs, optimizing, and balancing will continue for Alpha 17.2

2) Finishing the new random world generation possibly for A17.x but maybe for A18 depending on how long it takes.

3) Finishing zombie pathing and AI possibly for A17.x but maybe A18 depending on how long it takes

4) Working on as of yet unannounced new features/ content for A18.

More than this is kept internally and release dates or goal dates for finishing specific tasks are not shared.

It really is okay for people to quit and play other games. Eventually the notification of an update or even the gold release will bring them back to see what’s what and often the best medicine for having fun with the game again is to take a break away from it. At any rate, the fear of players possibly quitting isn’t going to cause TFP to change their policy about sharing their internal project management info with a public that consistently cannot decipher the difference between “tentative” and “promised”...

Madmole keeps saying that A18 will be much sooner so we’ll see what “sooner” actually means when it happens.

Thank you for your request. TFP does not release their internal development schedule or priority lists. The general roadmap for the public would be as follows:

2) Finishing the new random world generation possibly for A17.x but maybe for A18 depending on how long it takes.

3) Finishing zombie pathing and AI possibly for A17.x but maybe A18 depending on how long it takes

More than this is kept internally and release dates or goal dates for finishing specific tasks are not shared.

It really is okay for people to quit and play other games. Eventually the notification of an update or even the gold release will bring them back to see what’s what and often the best medicine for having fun with the game again is to take a break away from it. At any rate, the fear of players possibly quitting isn’t going to cause TFP to change their policy about sharing their internal project management info with a public that consistently cannot decipher the difference between “tentative” and “promised”...

I'm confused. You posted a very generic but still acceptable road map which pretty much everyone already knows.I was asking specifics. But then you gave a very interesting and rather peculiar statement:

Madmole keeps saying that A18 will be much sooner so we’ll see what “sooner” actually means when it happens.

Most intriguing . Are you not part of the developing team ? If not why are you and not one of the developers giving us a road map? Or perhaps are you partially part of the developer's team and Madmole keeps you in the dark?

I don’t think you are confused. I think you are trying to make some kind of a point. But I’ll say it again more briefly.

You don’t get to know specifics about project timelines and future content.

I kept things general not because I’m in the dark about the goal date for A18 or the new content they have planned but because I’m not allowed to give you those specifics.

Now if Madmole does answer your thread and gives you specifics that’s his right. He maxxed out the Boss perk tree so he can do that if he wishes but it was also he who instigated the policy of not talking about future content until it is a sure done deal.

I always have to giggle when i see players so majorly "concerned" about other(!) players quitting. Or even be more "concerned" about TFP sales going black hole if they dont do whatever the reporting player is addressing at that particular time (private company, no stocks/shares available).

Guess they truly believe it will mask the "me! me! me!". ;)

Cheers

I always have to giggle when i see players so majorly "concerned" about other(!) players quitting. Or even be more "concerned" about TFP sales going black hole if they dont do whatever the reporting player is addressing at that particular time (private company, no stocks/shares available).

Guess they truly believe it will mask the "me! me! me!". ;)

Cheers

I'm not denying I'm not enjoying A17 as I'd like to and I've said so many times in the past. Why do you think I need to hide it? If anything I'm trying to reveal we are not few who do not like the path the game has taken at all and would like an explanation which was given. Now if the devs can deliver is what matters most.

damn, seeing the new map gen possibly pushed that far makes me sad D:

I'm waiting for map gen to be fixed because exploring the big buildings and cool maps is like 60% of the fun for me :/ hope its not an a18 project x.x

The only reason it would be put off to A18 is because it actually takes that long. If it gets done before they are ready to release A18 they will push it out to A17. They know how badly the players want awesome RWG.

Madmole also said that they aren’t going to hold things up for a huge release and that A18 will be smaller and sooner than the last few Alphas.

I'd like to ask the developers to provide us with their update plans for the coming months. What is their schedule for how they tackle balance,terrain, RWG ,bugs etc.

Let's be frank,A17 is visually pleasing but it's an unfinished project regarding balance issues that plague the reviews and the community alike.

I already see a lot of dissatisfied people in reddit and in steam forums quitting the game . People didn't like the stamina on A17 but they hate the nerfed trading system just as much because it adds up to the overall slow leveling progress of the game.

Should you fail to acknowledge and address what people dislike and like but stay stubborn to some unknown plan people will simply stop playing the game altogether .

Yours friendly

They work with a specific motto, to always:

Work

Innovate

Negotiate

Guaranty

Illustrate

Transmit

This post is why I don't usually post a POST

I'm not denying I'm not enjoying A17 as I'd like to and I've said so many times in the past. Why do you think I need to hide it? If anything I'm trying to reveal we are not few who do not like the path the game has taken at all and would like an explanation which was given. Now if the devs can deliver is what matters most.

It's not are right to know but in fact are privilege to experiance that visions path.

Just JoeBlow reporting from the Apocalypse!

The only reason it would be put off to A18 is because it actually takes that long. If it gets done before they are ready to release A18 they will push it out to A17. They know how badly the players want awesome RWG.

Madmole also said that they aren’t going to hold things up for a huge release and that A18 will be smaller and sooner than the last few Alphas.

Didn't they say a17 was gonna be a short release around the time of a16?

I agree, and fully expect A18 to also take a long time, and that's how I'd prefer it. It's exciting to come back for the yearly new game experience. There are plenty of other things to play and do while waiting.

Motto: If you don't succeed the first, second, third, fourth ...., time, try again. :fat:

Can you see if you can get permission to give us an "Everdeen" like clue? Speculating around one kept us entertained for ages, and it would be fun to have something like that again while we wait for A18.

Excellent idea. While we wait for Roland, here is an "Everdeen" from me: Ansel Adams :cocksure:

Personally, i enjoyed the longer wait for A17. Of course, it was quite a bit over the top and could have been a half a year shorter or more. I mean this in the sense of modders having the flexibility to create cool stuff and not worrying that "in a few weeks all of this will be useless".

In the same spirit, i have seen some people quitting the game, because the next big Alpha is around the corner. On the other hand, the last point release should be the best and most stable, with only a handful of non-lethal bugs present, if any, so people can enjoy the game without "vehicle dissapear" or "console spitting errors". After A16.4 i played a ton of different mods and enjoyed the game even more.

With that in mind, I AM awaiting the final point release knowing that it's gonna be more or less bug free, with the team focusing on new content, new features and cool updates to the existing ones.

Archived