RWG Just When you think it can't get any worse

Naz

I feel like from what I've heard is that there is too much "Rush" in the development team. I get it, they wanna go full release, but good games are never rushed. I would prefer they take their time and add all sorts of good stuff & polish even if it takes a lot longer.

Even AAA companies often take a LONG time to make games. For example - Final fantasy 15 was in development for TEN years, and they're still working on it even post-launch with DLC.

FF15 was also easly the most garbage final fantasy game ever as well. It looked pretty but thats pretty much ALL it had of value.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole post was good, but this is the bit I agree with the most.

If they had kept the A16.4 base, mixed in the attributes and player effects we have now, the moddability in terms of buffs/item effects, fixed the AI and added the quest system with the new POI's sprinkled in with the old ones... I would honestly consider the game damn near perfect.

It feels like they threw out a lot of good things, like how customizable A16's RWG was, for seemingly no reason.

I agree with you here, I like some of the features of a17 like the mod system, the weather survival system etc, but there are many aspects I dislike: like i said the encumbrance for inventory/armor/stamina from armor just feels like its punishing me for using it. I don't see a point to them making the inventory bigger if its going to start smaller than a16 and destroy your movement speed for using it. I hate movement speed reductions in games, even moreso in a game like 7dtd.

Thanks, but i was not the one who found it. Only the one who constructed and advertised the seed thread ^^

Sadly the maps i found by myself are mostly trash.

Like the worst seed ever

06DDB0C7344C58A810509F191B61D04F31A5175D

gimme good map = 3036 Pois

Island = 70 Pois

When it will be possible to generate maps like this one on purpose, I know that I will do a test. It's a real survival map, in a vast and empty world. The current concern is that it's difficult to find a map that fit exactly to our taste, but all maps are playable.

When it will be possible to generate maps like this one on purpose, I know that I will do a test. It's a real survival map, in a vast and empty world. The current concern is that it's difficult to find a map that fit exactly to our taste, but all maps are playable.

Yeah all maps are playable.

Enjoyable? Most of them aren't.

How do you know this? Do you work at TFP?

Some things may not have a higher priority but may still be done sooner. Maybe they're simply be easier to do, or they're doable by a programmer who isn't working on RWG.

Like you said, almost.

The one who work on RWG, also have to do bugfixing. At least to some extent.

And some time ago he had to put RWG on halt to fix bugs. Hence why i figure

fixing bugs have higher priority. Not by what they say, but by what they do.

That said, i think he does a good job. And i do like the island maps, they look almost

perfect for those who want bit more challenge. But perhaps not so good for server maps.

And the best part of this new RWG (that came with A17), is the ability to edit the biome

maps on our own. Although i've had no big success with that, i haven't tried that hard.

Really ?

i love the last map i played

AD5C915823603824FD20F6EBD4FE475BEFF80756

That is what a good map looks like.

I'm playing less and less of 7dtd since a17 hit, I like some of the changes, but others just really kill the game for me: encumbrance from inventory slots, move speed reduction from armor, the stam regen reduction from armor also sucks. These 3 issues are some of the major ones why I am losing interest in the game. Bascally I dispise moving slow in games, and it feels like its punishing me for using armor and my inventory in 7dtd.

The game needs more blood and gore, if I shoot a zombie in the face with a shotgun I expect his head to explode if its a shot that would have killed it or something. I'll even take the a16 dismemberment system over a17 anyday. Sledgehammer should be literally smooshing heads as well.

I also find it boring how everything is perk based now, I miss needing to find books to make things, it made exploration more exciting when you finally found that book you needed.

Ive almost entirely retired playing this game as well,

Speed and stam penalties are just too harsh, and I hate that you can craft everything , if high Int allowed you to read and learn from the more advanced books would have been a great way to merge these two things.

Too much emphasis on realism is destroying the " Fun Factor"

Not ready for testers but is ready for publish. This reads like a brand new meme.

TFP, please just admit pushing this was a mistake and we can all laugh at it.

Since you don't seem to understand let me spell it out.

When the game is "published" it will no longer be in "early access". 7 Days to Die 1.0 will be the published game. Nothing we have now is "published" and you are playing it at your own discretion.

Waiting until publishing time is certainly an option and probably one you should carefully consider. Just admit that you erroneously thought the game was a finished product and you don't in your heart believe in the early access model and we can all laugh at it.

<shrug>

For the record, when the game really is published, if RWG is in this state I will be angry too. I just understand that it isn't that time yet and so there is no practical use to getting angry. Play it as is, or revert to an early version, or put it away and take a break.

Have fun making your meme.

How do i paint a happy little plain's biome?

Or rather, how to paint and make it work. I tried paint.net, but appears it

screw up when saving.

I dont post much but wanted to share what I do. I generate a few worlds and look at the different biome and splat maps. Then I pick the best of the two, and copy the desired biome map into the folder of the world I want. Works well. Not sure how it works with water, I havent played 17.2E yet.

Since you don't seem to understand let me spell it out.

When the game is "published" it will no longer be in "early access". 7 Days to Die 1.0 will be the published game. Nothing we have now is "published" and you are playing it at your own discretion.

Waiting until publishing time is certainly an option and probably one you should carefully consider. Just admit that you erroneously thought the game was a finished product and you don't in your heart believe in the early access model and we can all laugh at it.

<shrug>

For the record, when the game really is published, if RWG is in this state I will be angry too. I just understand that it isn't that time yet and so there is no practical use to getting angry. Play it as is, or revert to an early version, or put it away and take a break.

Have fun making your meme.

Since you don't seem to understand let me spell it out. TFP pushed an update with literally untested changes. Pushes to content delivery mechanisms is called publishing.

>Don't you dare point out onee chan is being inflammatory and condescending on my forums!!! -- OzHawkeye<

Since you don't seem to understand let me spell it out. TFP pushed an update with literally untested changes. Pushes to content delivery mechanisms is called publishing.

You don't need to wear butthurt all over your face every time you post btw. It makes you seem even less professional, if that's somehow possible.

Since you don't seem to understand, they released an "experimental" that you had to manually opt-in to, and to treat it like it's a stable build is.. interesting.

Since you don't seem to understand, they released an "experimental" that you had to manually opt-in to, and to treat it like it's a stable build is.. interesting.

I understand that just fine. What you don't understand is that even experimental changes at least get a testing pass. You don't just throw builds at user acceptance testing. It creates anarchy in the dev process and loses the confidence of the users.

You always have a QA step before you push.

I understand that just fine. What you don't understand is that even experimental changes at least get a testing pass. You don't just throw builds at user acceptance testing. It creates anarchy in the dev process and loses the confidence of the users.

And you don't suppose that the 17.2 experimental release was to allow for greater testing of things other than RWG? I mean, clearly RWG is borked right now, zero argument there, and as someone who plays exclusively RWG, I'm still playing A16 till it all gets sorted. But an experimental release may well include components that are borked, where the goal is to stress test other systems in the meantime while the borked one gets further love.

I understand that just fine. What you don't understand is that even experimental changes at least get a testing pass. You don't just throw builds at user acceptance testing. It creates anarchy in the dev process and kisses the confidence of the users.

Not always. Sometimes things get pushed and only have minimal testing done on it, which experimental/bleedingedge is the best place for it to go. It only upsets the confidence of those looking for a reason to be upset for whatever reason <shrug>

Play stable, if it's starting to get to you. There's nothing wrong with opting out and waiting till the next build, be it experimental or stable. :02.47-tranquillity:

And you don't suppose that the 17.2 experimental release was to allow for greater testing of things other than RWG? I mean, clearly RWG is borked right now, zero argument there, and as someone who plays exclusively RWG, I'm still playing A16 till it all gets sorted. But an experimental release may well include components that are borked, where the goal is to stress test other systems in the meantime while the borked one gets further love.

The RWG changes did not need to be included. If they are even slightly competent, those changes would be in their own branch and it could be excluded from the main branch when it comes time to build/test/deploy.

Not always. Sometimes things get pushed and only have minimal testing done on it, which experimental/bleedingedge is the best place for it to go. It only upsets the confidence of those looking for a reason to be upset for whatever reason <shrug>

Play stable, if it's starting to get to you. There's nothing wrong with opting out and waiting till the next build, be it experimental or stable. :02.47-tranquillity:

I'm not mad. I'm laughing my ass off at this dumpster fire. I thought we were all laughing about it until Roland got defensive and then I realized this was even funnier.

I'm not mad. I'm laughing my ass off at this dumpster fire. I thought we were all laughing about it until Roland got defensive and then I realized this was even funnier.

It's alright, I didn't say you were mad. I just suggested you might consider opting out of the experimental build.

You just keep implying there's something wrong, that experimental things, got released in a experimental build.

All I'm doing is pointing out, there's nothing wrong with it.

It's alright, I didn't say you were mad. I just suggested you might consider opting out of the experimental build.

You just keep implying there's something wrong, that experimental things, got released in a experimental build.

All I'm doing is pointing out, there's nothing wrong with it.

Well yeah there is. It's fine if it had bugs. But this wouldn't make it last QA and the conversation above clarified it never went to QA but it did get published. This is literally the "If it builds, ship it" meme in action. Not only that, is getting defended.

This is the best thing that's happened all alpha!

Archived