FarmLifeMod

stasis78

Well I've seen the aforementioned mod video yes it looks awesome but I'm just happy to stick with your because it's awesome too and has soo much growth potential. I know you're working hard on making it visually appealing but I understand that A:) You want to get the foundation complete and B:) You have the awesome help of Syn with the textures.

# FarmLifeMod 1.7.6

Release files, click on them, don't right click download.

FarmLifeMod

FarmLifeMod_Icons

FarmLifeMod_Models

NO ICON UPDATES

NO MODEL UPDATES

New Jerky is here and it will help you with looting trips.

## Changed

- Removed a few items from creative menu. They aren't craftable and don't belong there.

- Adjusted carry capacity bonus from Coolaid

- Food tiers have changed, see Notes

- Created base items for food and water that make things more tidy

- Clean up mod tag helpers

- Started adjusting stack sizes and economic values

## New Stuff

Brined Spicy Elk

Spicy Elk Jerky

Heat Wave (buff) - Spicy Elk Jerky gives you a spicy burn and a boost to your Fortitude. Jerky also gives Carry Capacity, Lucky Looter, and Daring Adventurer

Brined Coffee Elk

Coffee Elk Jerky

Caffeinated (buff) - Coffee Elk Jerky gives you a warm feeling and increases your resistance to the cold. Jerky also gives Carry Capacity, Lucky Looter, and Daring Adventurer

Marinated BBQ Elk

BBQ Elk Jerky

Traveling BBQ (buff) - BBQ Elk Jerky has a kick and increased your Agility. Jerky also gives Carry Capacity, Lucky Looter, and Daring Adventurer

## Notes

Jerky is finished. Requires both KitchNaid and Smoker, as well as woodchips, to craft. Jerky is geared towards looting runs and expedition trips. It has large stack sizes and its buffs last as long as magazines.

I have started rebalancing food tiers and sell values. More to come before final release :)

I have a few recipes to finish adjusting, add in Spirits, do a quest to explain brewing, and then I'm gonna stick a fork in v1. Should be done Saturday or Sunday at the latest.

How do you raise animals? I found the empty animal pens in cm. I also found where to craft them. So do I just put them out and wait for animals to appear? I'm trying to test this before I put it into my regular game because I have a lot of time already invested in it.

Thank you for your time.

Also wait for my stable release this weekend before you add to your game. You can test this version for sure.

It’s really close and then it won’t break anything moving forward. Only bug fixes after stable release which won’t affect any item or block tables.

Those xml warning are fixed in the next release. They won’t cause any problems with your game tho:)

- - - Updated - - -

Feedback. Why am i only hearing of this now lol. All honesty i have seen it and keep forgetting to take a look. great job I am glad i remembered this time :-)

PS: so better to wait another couple days from what you wrote before using it yeh or

Well it depends. If you just want to look at stuff in creative you can make a test map ;)

Heya Stasis, Left a short comment on your video showing off the new pitchfork and KitchNaid, figured I'd fire off something a little more useful here. Been puttering around with the mod since you first released it, and love seeing it grow and develop. I lost hope of anything like this after Valmod was left in the dust of A16, but you've done an amazing job bringing life to the wasteland. I've gotten into a ritual of grabbing a hamburger and stout every time I trudge back to my base after roaming the world.

There is such an abundance of things to do that there are times I'm honestly annoyed when a wandering zombie comes around and disturbs me, deeply offended even. Damn rotters interrupting my batch of merlot! Can't wait to play with a proper Glenlivet distillery. About the only thing that bothers me at all is that the pens seem to produce a small amount of produce considering the amount of effort in building/maintaining them. My Huntsman is at rank 3, and getting anything more than a few cuts of meat hasn't happened. I'm a butcher/fishmonger IRL, and just from a single prime rib roast (7 bone) that's 7 good sized ribeyes off one set of ribs, not even counting the ribs themselves.

Brewing and such is a blast, the quests are simple, and get things rolling nicely. Out of curiousity, would it be possible to make actual recipe posters with ingredients and such to hang on the walls? A custom "Stasis Brewhouse" sign would be a hoot hanging on the front of my little hootch hut. :p Gin, single malt/ blended whisky, rum, tequila, moonshine, sake, (though for that you'd need a rice crop, which would open up a bunch of new cooking recipes!) all come to mind. Since we already have potatoes and corn all we'd really need are rye/barley for whisky.

I consider your mod, Manux's vehicles, and Mayic's firearms mod to be essential. Those 3 add almost everything I need to the game: hootch and grub, a trusty M1 Garand, and a wicked cool dirtbike, everything a growing boy needs in the wasteland. :)

Thanks for the feedback!

I did adjust pens to give more meat but at lower levels it’s not as good for the time spent, I completely agree. I will do some testing tonight and bump up the rewards for harvesting pens so they work better at lower levels

I want to look at adding recipes. For beer I added a quest that walks you through the process for IPA. But having an item with these ingredients, stations, and tools would be better. I’ll see what I can do :)

I would love to do custom signs. That’s a great suggestion.

Thanks again for the feedback I really appreciate it and I’m glad that it brings you more fun in the game :)

Yeah that looks really nice :) Cool that youre considering signs and such :) Was actually thinking about making recipe posters and such myself, nice both for reference and looks cool. And its really easy to make. Depends on the design ofcourse, but the Unity part is pretty straightforward for things like that.

Yeah that looks really nice :) Cool that youre considering signs and such :) Was actually thinking about making recipe posters and such myself, nice both for reference and looks cool. And its really easy to make. Depends on the design ofcourse, but the Unity part is pretty straightforward for things like that.

If you make any posters or anything, please do share them! We're always looking for more things to decorate with.

# FarmLifeMod 1.8.0 (STABLE)

Release files, click on them, don't right click download.

FarmLifeMod

FarmLifeMod_Icons

FarmLifeMod_Models

HAVE ICON UPDATES

NO MODEL UPDATES

Brewing guide is here. Spirits are here and ready for you to get your drink on. You can get your mafia style on with some Bolognese.

Also... Stable is here!

## Changed

- All quests now give 500 xp instead of 1000 xp

- Items that require cans no longer give them back on use (see notes)

- Fixed block placement for stations. They now face you when placing, except for Cooktop...

- Mojito now use White Rum instead of grain drinkJarGrainAlcohol like it should ;p

- Eating Bolognese Dish now imparts the Sicilian buff (see notes)

- Increased all meat, egg, milk harvest values. You should get some good stuff now if you have any type of huntsman bonus.

- Added economic values to drinks. Bumped up all economic values on food to a point where selling could be profitable. Needs more testing, but its better :)

- Removed Variety Seed Crate, there are quests that replace this item (it was a quick hack)

## New Stuff

11 new icons

Home Brewer's Guide (quest item)

Vodka Mash (ingredient)

Whiskey Mash (ingredient)

White Rum Mash (ingredient)

Scotch Mash (ingredient)

Raw Vodka (ingredient)

Raw Whiskey (ingredient)

Raw White Rum (ingredient)

Raw Scotch (ingredient)

Distilled Vodka (ingredient)

Distilled Whiskey (ingredient)

Distilled White Rum (ingredient)

Distilled Scotch (ingredient)

Aged Scotch (ingredient)

Vodka (spirits!)

Whiskey (spirits!)

White Rum (spirits!)

Scotch (spirits!)

Sicilian (buff) - I feel like a Made Man. I have a boost to Fortitude, Heal Over Time, and Stamina Regen.

## Notes

There is now a quest chain to craft IPA. It walks through the steps and then gives you some free beer (and xp).

There are a couple items that require cans to make which would return the can on use. Due to some changes in my modlet, I'm not longer going to support giving back the can on use. I will fix this in v2 when I have better control over generating XML. Right now the level of effort to fix this far out weighs an empty can. Sorry!

Spirits are here. You can now craft Vodka, Whiskey, Rum, and Scotch. Now before anyone get up in a bunch about the ingredients, these are ligit ways to make all of these. You can **absolutely** argue it is not "the best way" to make each item. It works and its in. I will change it in the future but not today :) Spirits will reuse the mixology buff for now.

Making the Bolognese Dish is extremely time consuming and requires a lot of work. Well now it is worth it for the Sicilian. This buff lasts half again as long as a magazine buff, gives 1 Fortitude, an aggressive heal over time buff, and some regen stamina bonuses. This buff is ideal for taking on a horde night. Often times those bleed effects are nasty and take some time to heal. This buff will help mitigate some of the bleed damage and allow even regular bandages to be viable again a horde. With more Fortitude and Stamina regeneration, you can get an edge over those green bastards.

I took a final pass at meat and economic values. They should be much better based on feedback I've received.

## What does 'stable' mean exactly?

These developery terms are absolutely confusing, and also ambiguous, so I will try to explain.

For Farm Life, stable means that I will no longer be adding or removing any items, blocks, recipes, buffs, loot tables, or quests. I may modify existing things as bug reports come in or when Syn adds new assets.

What this means to *you* is that item tables will not change if you update to any version of 1.8.x. This means that you won't suffer from any unintended item shifting.

## What are you going to do now? Whats going to happen to Farm Life?

Well FIRST I'm going to go play the game for a while. I've been focused on this mod for some time and need to take a break ;p

Seriously though. If bugs come up or Syn adds new assets, I'll post an update.

I have huge plans for the future and Farm Life v2 is going to be absolutely massive, easier to maintain, MUCH faster to add new items and recipes and growing things. It is not out of the question that I will add over 1000 items in total for version 2. Right now I need to build some tools to help me manage something on that scale. Manually editing xml files is not sustainable anymore :)

Till next time, enjoy!!!!!

:)

Thanks for the feedback!

I did adjust pens to give more meat but at lower levels it’s not as good for the time spent, I completely agree. I will do some testing tonight and bump up the rewards for harvesting pens so they work better at lower levels

I want to look at adding recipes. For beer I added a quest that walks you through the process for IPA. But having an item with these ingredients, stations, and tools would be better. I’ll see what I can do :)

I would love to do custom signs. That’s a great suggestion.

Thanks again for the feedback I really appreciate it and I’m glad that it brings you more fun in the game :)

Glad to see you adjusted the pens output. I had to harvest it twice just to complete the quest.

Absolutely awesomely frikkin literally fantasticly fabolous work sir :)

Glad to see you adjusted the pens output. I had to harvest it twice just to complete the quest.

You should be able to easily do that now with no huntsman and a butcher weapon :)

And thank you Qua!

Archived