FarmLifeMod

stasis78

Wow, thank you so much for all your hard work! As requested, more garden pictures:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27491[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27492[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27493[/ATTACH]

OMG I LOVE THE DEER PICT! That is absolutely brilliant!

- - - Updated - - -

Your map is beautiful. I would love to see a video walkthrough!

OMG I LOVE THE DEER PICT! That is absolutely brilliant!

- - - Updated - - -

Your map is beautiful. I would love to see a video walkthrough!

Thank you! The deer wandered in there while I was taking pictures and I thought it was a nice addition!

I'm not sure how to record gameplay, but perhaps I'll look into it once we've got some of the rest of the place cleaned up. We're still working on the inside of the house.

Absolutely awesomely frikkin literally fantasticly fabolous work sir :)

Im wondering how the pens work. How long do they stay on Feeding?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27494[/ATTACH]

Pens take about the max timer that the game allows. It can be over a day. The rewards are worth it now though :)

About as long as it takes trees to mature to max. Probably longer.

It’s likely that it’s a number between 0-63 and those equate to some unit of time in the game. This way they can probably pack 2 timers per byte of memory. Since they have a million timers

The first nibble is a timer and the last nibble is a separate timer :)

From what info I've been able to gather, 63 refers to real life time. But thats based on default setting for length of day/night cycle. so 1 hour day should mean 63 minutes. But I've also heard that it can vary a little bit.

@overlordpotatoe I might be able to do a guided tour or something while recording if you want. I have everything set up for recording and streaming, so that part isnt an issue.

They have to vary the timers so that a bunch of things don’t go off all at the same time and Bork up GC and processing too many things at once.

- - - Updated - - -

Drop mining is not exactly the same but an analog to why 100s of timers shouldn’t all fire at the same times.

Good point. But it should be about an hour, at default settings. Thats close enough for me to have an estimate atleast, dont need the exact time anyway:) Qas just looking into that, as I am working on a composter that among other things make soil with a growth bonus. If that is possible, had some odd results so far:p

I want to make pens something that take a long time but you earn rewards at the end. It’s definitely extreme right now in terms of time but I think the stable rewards are worth it. If you have 5 points in huntsman you will be swimming in meat now. More consistent than hunting on MP and once cooked a better product.

Angus products are now all tier 4 foods and relatively easy to grill up ;)

I know there are a lot of inconsistencies in the way things are right now. Balancing is hard. This is why I’ve tried to make stable “good enough” with maybe some tweaks based on feedback.

V2 will be mathematical perfect because I’ll be using actual units of measure to calculate everything down to the table spoon based on a metric from vanilla such as an egg or ear of corn. It will have dynamic food tiers and not static ones like are in now.

Basically every recipes will account for ingredients and reward proportionately based on the ingredients and time spent. No more guess work. That’s all just math :)

I havent gotten around to testing much of it yet, barely scratched the surface by the looks of the amount of content. Trying to finish a few projects, takes all the time I should be playing lol :p Cant wait to get really started on it all tho, I was missing more farming stuff in the game. But now the Anthem demo is out, so have to jump in there and do some dungeons and stuff.

Pens should take a long time imho, cows dont grow up in a day afterall :) But I did see a note in blocks.xml that 63, maybe a bit more, is max recommended setting. That is per growthstage tho, so should be possible to set it to the time you want.

Spunds good the plans you have for V2 too, and I think I have to make some posters with recipes soon. Lots to keep track of :)

I havent gotten around to testing much of it yet, barely scratched the surface by the looks of the amount of content. Trying to finish a few projects, takes all the time I should be playing lol :p Cant wait to get really started on it all tho, I was missing more farming stuff in the game. But now the Anthem demo is out, so have to jump in there and do some dungeons and stuff.

Pens should take a long time imho, cows dont grow up in a day afterall :) But I did see a note in blocks.xml that 63, maybe a bit more, is max recommended setting. That is per growthstage tho, so should be possible to set it to the time you want.

Spunds good the plans you have for V2 too, and I think I have to make some posters with recipes soon. Lots to keep track of :)

I might have been hasty in a v1 without such notes in game and I will definitely make up for that with online info. I did add some quests that do walk through some of the basics but honestly I'm tired of tediously editing xml all day :)

Once I have some proper tools to generate all of v1 for FarmLifeMod, I'll be adding everything everyone needs and wants much more easily :D

With the quests it shouldbt be a problem for anyone getting started imho. And without then its just to craft some stations and ceck recipes, puxxle it together. But again because of the quests and also what was in the faq already about the pens, its not an issue. Is just nice, and looks good if well made, having some posters with recipes. Or signs or something :) Just as much an aesthetic thing and to not having to check recipe in the menus whenever I forget something. Which is a thing in vanilla even :p Maybe I'll have a look at how localization works and add it there. About time I learn to use that anyway :)

With the quests it shouldbt be a problem for anyone getting started imho. And without then its just to craft some stations and ceck recipes, puxxle it together. But again because of the quests and also what was in the faq already about the pens, its not an issue. Is just nice, and looks good if well made, having some posters with recipes. Or signs or something :) Just as much an aesthetic thing and to not having to check recipe in the menus whenever I forget something. Which is a thing in vanilla even :p Maybe I'll have a look at how localization works and add it there. About time I learn to use that anyway :)

Brew is probably the hardest thing to explain. The rest well everyone should make all the tool anyway because FUN :D

Agree, why use mod and not craft any of it :p Have you seen Xyth's Better Books modlet? Would be a nice way of integrating the FAQ and recipes :)

I have but I think it’s SDX which I won’t use right now until pimps decide the direction for vanilla modding. Don’t have time to learn a tool that may become irrelevant

- - - Updated - - -

bonjour j'ai un soucie je n'arrive a installer le mod donc serai possible de faire une video tuto svp merci ;)

Hey there. You just have to extract the zip file and place in your mod directory. Check the guides forum. I’ll post a link.

Nope, the Better Books modlet is not SDX. I had a look at his template in Unity, and it should be no problem making a book, and editing the animation to fit number of pages :) Unfortunately I'm not a good artist, so not sure I could make pages with more than just basic text:p

Nope, the Better Books modlet is not SDX. I had a look at his template in Unity, and it should be no problem making a book, and editing the animation to fit number of pages :) Unfortunately I'm not a good artist, so not sure I could make pages with more than just basic text:p

Ah yes. Unity assets would be great. Until the localization issue is resolved for items I probably will have to find another way to work around this.

Ideally I would like to just have regular inventory items with descriptions containing all the recipe items, stations, and tools. Sadly there is no xml element for name description strings, only loc keys.

- - - Updated - - -

Unity assets really aren’t sustainable for me. I already have 200 recipes and need a data driven method to create the recipe tables ;)

Archived