FarmLifeMod

stasis78

@stasis78

This farm mod is incredible, really beyond my expectation so early on in a17. Having a problem with the icon mod unfortunately.

log.thumb.jpg.0305f620e34c185f8a60a6dbdc1fba1c.jpg

Not sure what the problem is but i will keep trying. Was also wondering how to use the animal pens. Very excellent work.

I’ll whip up an FAQ for pens but you can read this longer document here. It explains it.

- - - Updated - - -

https://github.com/stasis78/7dtd-mods/blob/master/FarmLifeMod/FarmLifeMod.md

Actually that doesn’t do a good enough job. Check the 1.6.0 release notes here

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?104474-FarmLifeMod/page5

Thank you!

I would check that you have the latest version of FarmLifeMod installed. 1.6.5. Those modtags didn’t exist prior to that version.

Hey hey hey, I was at 1.6.3. awesome! Thanks again Sir. Any advice on animal pens? Im putting my server together this week and i will probably have to show them how they work.

I just put it in the mod folder and it works.

- - - Updated - - -

I find seeds mostly in the trash.

Hey hey hey, I was at 1.6.3. awesome! Thanks again Sir. Any advice on animal pens? Im putting my server together this week and i will probably have to show them how they work.

I'll get that FAQ done tonight, in like an hour. About to post another update with a new crafting station I been working on :D

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder is the mod using error line 47073 and also got a bucket in inventory out of sudden with item lost?

Cause once installed after from v1.62 to v1.65 i getting this line in DS.

Not sure what you mean by "error line 47073"

It is absolutely possible that mod version updates will cause items to shift in your inventory. I apologize for that but this Mod is a huge work in progress and I will be adding 100s (literally) of more items and blocks.

I'm not exactly sure what triggers the item shifting, but it does happen sometimes. Apologies for that!

Not sure what you mean by "error line 47073"

It is absolutely possible that mod version updates will cause items to shift in your inventory. I apologize for that but this Mod is a huge work in progress and I will be adding 100s (literally) of more items and blocks.

I'm not exactly sure what triggers the item shifting, but it does happen sometimes. Apologies for that!

The line is the new items added into the game and mess up my toon inventory and EQed item which need to reset the char into new one.

Its keep getting this number as the item was not around like this.

Is okay i just wanna double confirm what happen to it.

Anyway i never use the itemicon as i leave it vanilla..

FarmLifeMod 1.7.0

ClickMe to go and get the latest release.

Crafting stations are coming! Here is the first one, Wood Grill.

Changed

- Grilled meats that used the crafting tool toolCookingGrill and campfire have been changed to use the new Wood Grill and require Tongs.

New Items

Wood Grill

Tongs

Spatula

Ceramic Dutch Oven

Notes

The first new crafting station is here, Wood Grill. This station has 3 slots for 3 new tools. Each tool is made in the forge and are gated by anvil, crucible, and tool and die set respectively.

Currently only the tongs are being used, but this will change as I add and refine recipes. I wanted to get these in now so I don't have to worry about changing any of these tools later.

Wood Grill will be required for many meat recipes and a primary station for them.

Until next time...

Enjoy :D

EDIT:

There are a couple warnings that will show in the console, those will go away next release when I add recipes to use those tools. They should not cause any issues in the mean time. Sorry!

FarmLifeMod 1.7.1

For the release file ClickMe

KitchNaid is here and you'll need its help. Also added everyones favorite, Ice Cream!

Changed

- Most items now require some sort of crafting tool (too many changes to list)

- Fixed up the recipes.xml file to have more consistent and cleaner mod tagging for tools

- Bread is now made from dough

New Items

Ground Beef

Hamburger Patty

Plain Ice Cream

Blueberry Ice Cream

Cheddar

Hamburger Fixings

Hamburger

Cheeseburger

Bread Dough

Hamburger Bun

KitchNaid

Dough Hook

Veggie Attachment

Ice Cream Bowl

Meat Grinder

Grain Miller

Pasta Helper

Notes

KitchNaid is a crafting station that has 6 different attachments. These attachments will be required for various items you will prep, such as bread dough or juices.

I'll be adding lots more recipes to use all these, but I want to finish up the Stove/Oven before I get too crazy with new recipes :)

Till the next release, enjoy!!!

FarmLifeMod 1.7.2

ClickMe to download the latest release.

Gas cooking in the kitchen just got real, and for everyone that loves it, you can now make Pizza!

Changed

- The campfire is essentially dead for all Farm Life recipes. Anything that used the campfire now requires either the cooktop or the oven.

- New stations should all be pickup-able. Meaning you can pick them up if you long press E.

- Fixed potential issue where sugar maple might not give 2 seeds.

- Rearranged some items and recipes. I'm trying to get more organization in prep for adding a million things after stations are done.

- Pies now use PyreX Bakeware

- Ground Hot Pepper now requires the grain miller

- Several recipes were changed to use the new cooking tools

New Stuff

Gas Oven

Gas Cooktop

Cinnamon Seed

Cinnamon Tree

Forum Guy (buff)

Cinnamon Bark

Ground Cinnamon

Roland's Breakfast

Stir Fry Vegetables

Cheese Pizza

Frying Pan

Wok

Baking Sheet

Pizza Stone

PyreX Bakeware

Notes

The Oven is used for baking things. The Cooktop is used for frying and boiling things. The oven has textures on all sides, but the top is "flat" looking". You can stack the cooktop on the oven, or place it on any surface. It is a sheet so you can make any surface a cooktop. This allows for complex kitchen designs with multiple cooktops and ovens in any design :) Use rotate on face for best results placing. (I plan to make the oven stackable)

I have 2 craft stations to go and then I'll be calling it quits for v1 of Farm Life.

What does this mean though? You are stopping?

Absolutely not. I want to put out a stable version that folks can use which contains most of my original vision for this Mod. New crops, new trees, new recipes, new stations, and meat. Once I have completed the remaining stations, adjusted a few things, and added any final recipes; Farm Life will be in an amazing state to use for a very long time.

For version 2 I will primarily be expanding on 2 things. More food and buffs. I don't feel that either of these are really necessary for the first version of this mod and I want to really sit down and refocus on how I'm designing all the recipes. It will take me some time to figure this all out, but I promise incremental releases just like now. At the same time, I want people to use the work that has gone into this mod so far and play on a stable map.

Till next time...enjoy ;)

Seeds are very random indeed. I am going to look at a way where you can get all the new seeds much more easily very soon.

Eventually I will have all the crops and trees spawning in the biomes for new maps. Then it will be much less of an issue.

Till then I need to make the seeds easier to get.

I’m going to be adding a new item that spawns in cupboards and is sold at traders. It will be a “Variety Seed Pack”. When you open it you will have a chance to get any or all the new seeds. It will be fairly common so should make getting all the seeds very easy!

FarmLifeMod 1.7.3

Release files, click on them, don't right click download.

FarmLifeMod

FarmLifeMod_Icons

FarmLifeMod_Models

Two releases in one day? I wasn't sure that I would get to these new icons and model, but I did. Also seeds seem to be an issue finding so I needed to get that fixed :)

Changed

- Icons have been updated for many items.

New Stuff

New Icons for 40ish things.

Pitch Fork now has a custom 3d meshfile.

Variety Seed Crate now appears fairly regularly, esp. inside cupboards, and can be purchased from traders.

Notes

syn7572 was on double duty! 40+ new icons, many more updated.

syn7572 added a custom look to the Pitch Fork! Requires the new FarmLifeMod_Models modlet.

Variety Seed Crate is a block that you place. Once it is down on the ground just smash it with an axe and get random seeds. They do not include vanilla seeds, only the new Farm Life seeds.

Archived