FarmLifeMod

stasis78

Syn is adding in more 3d stuffs. Will post a vid of the new KitchNaid soon. Meanwhile I’m rocking on the new smoker station and 2 new stations for brewing. Will support wine, beer, and adding in spirits ( whiskey, vodka, rum, scotch)

Brews are gonna be super complex to make but rewarding :)

Syn is adding in more 3d stuffs. Will post a vid of the new KitchNaid soon. Meanwhile I’m rocking on the new smoker station and 2 new stations for brewing. Will support wine, beer, and adding in spirits ( whiskey, vodka, rum, scotch)

Brews are gonna be super complex to make but rewarding :)

AWESOME. :D I haven't even been able to scratch the surface of this amazing piece of work.

Hey all!

Sneak peak at the next release. Sorry it is taking longer than normal but... quest system is weird. LOL

Anyways checkout the new

You will be able to get a quest that helps guide you on building a station, and then the all the required tools for that station!

Till next time... enjoy ;D

FarmLifeMod 1.7.4

Release files, click on them, don't right click download.

FarmLifeMod

FarmLifeMod_Icons

FarmLifeMod_Models

Smoked meats are on the menu. Brew stations are here (but don't help you, yet). You can quest your way to a better crafting station setup.

Added a Change Log! Now you can see all the release notes, for all versions (since the last couple...), in one place.

Changed

- KitchNaid has custom model.

- Pitch Fork meshfile updated (it’s facking baller Syn!)

- Fixed a few broken icons.

- Fixed issue where chicken coop was not using chicken feed to upgrade.

- Fixed textures on the oven. It now has a granite top. Will add other options later for aesthetics.

- Changed the cooktop to a plate block that only rotates on its face. If you have the old sheet version you may get super weird behavior. I apologize for this but its a WIP ;p

- Workstations, except for the oven, shouldn't stack anymore.

- Workstations, except for the oven, can't be just attached to a wall. They must have a block underneath them.

- Adjusted feather count from coops.

- Coops now has a chance to give Whole Chicken.

- Smoked items and Jerky now require the Smoker

- Ham Steak can now be carved out of Smoked Ham.

- Fixed some CraftActionName values on stations

- Setup a new modTag helper for craftingStation

- Lots of xml changes to make things "better" for me and modders

- New icons

New Stuff

Smoker

Whole Chicken

Smoked Ham

Smoked Chicken

Smoker Mat

Meat Hanger

Turkey Rack

Brew Station

Carboy

Wine Tank

Spirits Vat

Wine Filter

Oak Barrel

Aged Oak Barrel

Floor Corker

Bottle Capper

Mixing Cask

Brew Cooker

Masher

Boiler

Still

Craftable quest items:

Brew Cooker Volume 1

Brew Station Volume 1

Brew Station Volume 2

Smoker Volume 1

Gas Oven Volume 1

Gas Cooktop Volume 1

KitchNaid Volume 1

KitchNaid Volume 2

Wood Grill Volume 1

Notes

The Cold Smoker will be a primary station for dealing with meats, just like the Wood Grill. Its purpose will be to A) Cure meats and jerky B) Impart yummy flavor to your meat. It has 3 attachments that are used to gate each type of recipe.

Brewing will get super complicated, soon. There are 2 new stations, Brew Cooker and Brew Station. Cooker is for doing things with fire. Station is for things that require time but do not need heat. These are not hooked up yet, but will be in the next release.

There are now recipes to make quest items that help you figure out what tools each station needs. I may add station specific (crafting) quests but I don't think that is really necessary right now.

Attachments are something that I really like. However, I am having a hard time justifying how I have the recipes for crafting them. I feel they are not interesting to craft and they are all basically the same and boring.

That being said, I don't want to spend a bunch of time right now making attachments and their crafting "perfect". I really want to get you guys a stable release of this mod and address these issues in v2. I'm really over thinking it and I shouldn't do that right now.

To end my ramble if you skipped it, I'm not happy with how attachments are crafted right now but I'll fix it next major version.

It can be added to any existing map. I haven’t checked the craft station UI with any UI bag or station mods such as stedmans 420 simple UI.

Everything else should work. I don’t change any vanilla content except remove vanilla beer recipe. You can still loot vanilla beer but can’t craft it.

:)

Cool... we have some quality of life mods, as well and manux's vehicle mods. My wife loves the farming recipe aspect of the game.

The only issue I'd think with balance is you need a reason to use the additional recipes, or maybe be able to sell them to the trader for moneymaking rather than doing quests.

Maybe trader quest rewards need to be downgraded using this, it give people incentive to also build cook and sell/use the recipes?

Thanks for the feedback.

Right now I’m designing the systems and tools for growing plants, trees, and livestock and then making food/drinks from those resources. The way recipes are balanced right now, in terms of food/water/health/coins, is still in flux.

I’m going to be adding in more food quality tiers soon, after I get brewing hooked up later today. I’ll make it so there are more benefits to different types of food, as well as making them profitable to sell to traders or other players.

Right now I have a very basic resource system that is too coarse grained which makes things harder to balance. In v2 I am going to completely rework all recipes and the amounts of items you harvest as well. Once I have better control over recipe components, like one cup of milk, one teaspoon of salt, then I can really dial in very specific item values based on totally resources required per item. It will all be math based and consistent :)

- - - Updated - - -

I’m starting work on a tool to generate recipes and quests that will make all this much easier with 1000s of things

Hey all! Here is a sneak peak at new quests that help do a couple things.

Finding seeds is hard, I know. I want people to have an optional way to get seeds. So I'm adding a new set of quests chains that reward you with Seed Crates which have 100% chance to give all the seeds in the game. For players that want to find everything via normal scavenging, that will still remain in the game. For players that just want to get to work with growing right away, there will now be a set of quest chains that reward both plant and tree seeds!

Pens are confusing, I'm sorry for this. Now you can create a quest item that unlocks a quest to teach you all about Pens! Typing Pen or Pens into the craft list will now show a craftable quest item. This should make it much easier to figure out how things work.

I didn't see a link to Jawoodle's demo video... he spawns stuff in so it's hard to judge progression and finding everything you actually need, but he does show the potential.[video=youtube_share;LAooHkcHSI8]

I know you mentioned nerfing the combo of the food benefits, but if they are hard enough to make, they look like a lot of fun as he showed them!

The only negative thing in a HUGE number of just amazing additions was the livestock. Starvation's chicken coop was a nice way to do it... maybe theres some way to do the livestock like that, with pens of some kind?

I have 3d modeling skills as well as texturing, but I'm just learning how they work in unity. If I can help in any way, just lmk. (I'm on discord on guppy's group).

Fantastic work in an amazingly short time!

Thank you for the feedback.

The main thing I am preventing and plan to prevent are drinking alcohol and mixing those buffs. Alcohol gives and will continue to give powerful buffs and it’s difficult for me to balance that at this point :)

Right now the non alcohol drinks absolutely stack and will continue to do so. They will eventually become more expensive to craft so if folks want to mix buffs I have no issues with this. When I add food buffs they will stack as well. If someone is willing to carry 15 items in their inventory to stack buffs for 2-5 minutes I don’t want to stop that from being a thing at all!

Pens are going to change in the next version and give guarantees to harvesting with huntsman perks. You will only need one of each type of pen and always get the meat/eggs/milk guaranteed. It will be much more substantial than in previous releases.

Farms are generally large places and different animals take a certain amount of space. I won’t be adding in anymore pens than there are right now but there will still be a variety of ones you will need to harvest various meats :)

Your OP does not do this mod any justice.

That video from Jawoodle, does. Wow. Fantastic mod. Well done to yourself and anyone else working on this mod.

Thank you! This means a lot to me and I appreciate the compliment very much :)

- - - Updated - - -

Another sneak peek! Now drinking can, literally, kill you. Don't be a dumbass redneck like this chick :)

- - - Updated - - -

Another sneak peek! Now drinking can, literally, kill you. Don't be a dumbass redneck like this chick :)

I saw JaWoodles video but didn't know if it was your mod or not. Since there was no link and who he said was making it wasn't Stasis78. :D SO many online handles, too little time. ;) This is the biggest, and possibly, best mod for 7d2d.

- - - Updated - - -

Best feature in the game as of now! xD

Guppycur!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't see a link to Jawoodle's demo video... he spawns stuff in so it's hard to judge progression and finding everything you actually need, but he does show the potential.[video=youtube_share;LAooHkcHSI8]

I know you mentioned nerfing the combo of the food benefits, but if they are hard enough to make, they look like a lot of fun as he showed them!

The only negative thing in a HUGE number of just amazing additions was the livestock. Starvation's chicken coop was a nice way to do it... maybe theres some way to do the livestock like that, with pens of some kind?

I have 3d modeling skills as well as texturing, but I'm just learning how they work in unity. If I can help in any way, just lmk. (I'm on discord on guppy's group).

Fantastic work in an amazingly short time!

I saw JaWoodles video but didn't know if it was your mod or not. Since there was no link and who he said was making it wasn't Stasis78. :D SO many online handles, too little time. ;) This is the biggest, and possibly, best mod for 7d2d.

Not my mod video there. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Dust that video is not my mod lol

Some day soon I’ll have stuff like that yes.

:)

FarmLifeMod 1.7.5

Release files, click on them, don't right click download.

FarmLifeMod

FarmLifeMod_Icons

FarmLifeMod_Models

NO ICON UPDATES

NO MODEL UPDATES

Beer and wine is done. You can now do quests to get seeds and learn how to do livestock. Don't drink too much :)

Changed

Removed vanilla meat from pens

Pens now have 100% chance to give their meat products (see notes)

All Farm Life quests will now give 1000 xp

Drinking too much KILLS YOU DEAD

Mixed Drinks now give only perception buffs, no strength

Wine now requires the Brew Station and KitchNaid (well latter was in but...)

Beer requires the Brew Cooker and Brew Station!

New Stuff

Crop Seeds Crate (quest reward)

Tree Seeds Crate (quest reward)

Raising Livestock (Pens) - (quest item)

Growing Trees (Seeds) - (quest item)

Farming Crops (Seeds) - (quest item)

Liquor Master (buff)

Raw Merlot

Raw White Zin

Raw Pink Rose

Filtered Merlot

Filtered White Zin

Filtered Pink Rose

Aged Port Wine

Beer Cheap Mash

Beer IPA Mash

Beer Stout Mash

Beer Lager Mash

Beer Cheap Wort

Beer IPA Wort

Beer Stout Wort

Beer Lager Wort

Beer Cheap Raw

Beer IPA Raw

Beer Stout Raw

Beer Lager Raw

Notes

Pens are affected by huntsman perk. This means that if you have a higher skill, you will get more meat when harvesting pens. If you have no perk skill, or a low perk skill, you may not receive as much meat. At level 5 you will recieve A LOT of meat from pens now.

Speaking of Pens... there is now a quest to teach you how to use them :) New quests are here to unlock seeds. Totally optional, feel free to skip. Will be removing the "Variety Seed Crate" on final release, leaving it in for now as to not break anything.

Brewing for wine and beer is now more complex. Quests coming soon :)

Archived