FarmLifeMod

stasis78

FarmLifeMod 1.6.2

Go -> ClickMe <- to download the release file.

A quick couple of fixes/changes based on feedback from the forums. Keep it coming guys!

Changed

Fixed some drinks so that they give water values now. This was horked up due to a bad xpath, not cvars (set -> append)

Hopefully fixed the issue where full pens do not return buckets. I didn't have a chance to test this yet but it *should* be fixed.

Added

Salt Shaker and Black Pepper Tin items can now be looted or bought from traders. They can be converted to 10 salt and 10 black pepper accordingly. They should appear fairly regularly in cupboards (hopefully).

Enjoy :)

I found a few Halite, lets call them blocks, in those big rocks (not a single one in those little metal boulders), but the food seems to be bugged... I'm pressed to find piggies, so I can make bacon and eggs.

Right now halite can't be farmed from the the small boulders. Halite mines are generally deep underground IRL. While the big boulders use the same material as underground stone, it is more realistic to find halite underground than on the surface. If the game ever introduces the concept of salt water versus fresh water, I would add a way to extract sea salts. I'm hopeful this change would come but I've never seen a thread about it before :)

As a huge fan of Project Zomboid let me say that this mod is absolutely fantastic. I LOVE the attention to detail in all the foods and ingredients. Great work!

Thank you! That means a lot to me!

I try to be very detail oriented and thoughtful about the design of everything. There will definitely be unique paths for food crafting so each has a specific purpose. Right now I’m still learning all the new xml changes as well as designing things as I go. I have a plan in my head, just have to get it into XML :)

I’m going to have a huge task for adding assets when I’m done with all these items though. LOL

I added a markdown file that is going to serve as a guide to farm life. Like the rest of the mod, its a work in progress. I hope it makes more clear what my intentions are for this mod.

It won't to be a detailed guide for every recipe, rather a high level overview of what the mod does and why.

https://github.com/stasis78/7dtd-mods/blob/master/FarmLifeMod/FarmLifeMod.md

As a huge fan of Project Zomboid let me say that this mod is absolutely fantastic. I LOVE the attention to detail in all the foods and ingredients. Great work!

Awesome mod! I could generate some custom icon images for all of these items if you'd like :)

Omg that would be friggen awesome. If you can name them the same as the item I’ll get all the xml changes done for this !

Of course I would give you full credit for your work etc.

Omg that would be friggen awesome. If you can name them the same as the item I’ll get all the xml changes done for this !

Of course I would give you full credit for your work etc.

Sounds great! It will likely take a bit of time, but I've finished 9 so far. Mostly because I'm already part of a gfx business and this will be a fun side project :)

Awesome mod! I could generate some custom icon images for all of these items if you'd like :)

Sounds great! It will likely take a bit of time, but I've finished 9 so far. Mostly because I'm already part of a gfx business and this will be a fun side project :)

I’ll send you a PM BUT thank you very much for offering help. I’m a software engineer by trade and not great with photoshop ;)

Zy I feel your pain. I apologize that there are so many items and that I haven’t been able to offer better visuals. I am not an artist and really for me to fix this would be a nightmare if I had to do icons.

Maybe as temporary workaround you could maybe add the seed name across the in game icon? Not sure how difficult that would be because I've never photoshopped anything in my life.

FarmLifeMod 1.6.3

Release file on this website -> ClickMe

Changed

- apple tree now drops Apple Woodchips

- pens now give back 2 buckets instead of one, sorry about this being broken all the time

- fixed issue where saltPepper recipes could have an extra salt

- salt mod tag renamed to NaCl to fix above issue

- Olive Trees now drop 4 olives

- treeDesertShrub now drops Mesquite Woodchips on destroy, 100% chance to get some

- Elk Jerky rebalanced

- Orange Juice rebalanced

- Canned Olives rebalanced

- Olive Paste rebalanced

- Olive Oil rebalanced

New Items

Empty Pig Pen

Empty Chicken Coop

Sugar Maple Seed

Walnut Seed

Ghost Pepper Seed

Pork Belly

Ham

Pork Ribs

Chicken Breast

Chicken Wing

Smoked Bacon

Cured Ham

Ham Steak

BBQ Pork Ribs

Spicy Chicken Wings

Parmesan Crusted Chicken

Joel's Breakfast

Chicken Feed

Walnut

Apple Cider

Apple Juice

Ground Hot Pepper

Cooking Vinegar

Hashbrowns

Ghost Pepper

Maple Sap

Maple Syrup

Ketchup Step 1

Ketchup

Spicy BBQ Sauce

Maple Woodchips

Apple Woodchips

Walnut Woodchips

Mesquite Woodchips

Notes

This is a big release so lets chat.

Ingredient balance - It is becoming apparent that I need a better way to represent small ingredients like butter/oil/salt/pepper/etc. I'll be working to standardize a system so that things are more consistent. I think going to a base 10 system will work out good.

Meat - Grilling any meat will now require wood chips. This will be required because of the way I plan to do grilling once I have stations in. Cooking on a camp fire will eventually go away except for burning stuff. There will be new dedicated stations for grilling, boiling, and smoking.

Chips - Wood chips will be required for almost any grilled meat and also for preparing other food that is preserved. Will expand on this in a future release. For now all chips can be farmed except Mesquite. You *must* go and farm these from the desert biome treeDesertShrub. They have a 100% drop rate on block destroy.

Sugar Maple - Drops 2 seeds when you destroy it since you can't make seeds from either sap or wood chips...

Peppers - Eat a hot pepper and enjoy ;p

Till the next release…

Enjoy :)

Couple of things to mention.

First @syn7572 has graciously started helping add icons for all the in game items! I’ll be working on getting the first batch of these out ASAP. Thank you syn!!!!!!

I’ll be doing some testing the next day or so and push out one more 1.6.x release if there are any bugs or anyone reports anything here. Otherwise I’ll be working on 1.7 very soon and getting craft stations in.

Couple of things to mention.

First @syn7572 has graciously started helping add icons for all the in game items! I’ll be working on getting the first batch of these out ASAP. Thank you syn!!!!!!

I’ll be doing some testing the next day or so and push out one more 1.6.x release if there are any bugs or anyone reports anything here. Otherwise I’ll be working on 1.7 very soon and getting craft stations in.

There will definitely be more to come, There's a total of 61 new icons. I'll be updating the size of the seed bags to more easily differentiate between the various seeds! So don't get too used to the small size just yet :)

FarmLifeMod 1.6.5 (don't ask what happened to 1.6.4...)

FarmLifeMod -> ClickMe

FarmLifeMod_Icons -> ClickMeToo

Changed

- Added madmole buff to Joel's breakfast

- Added modtags to enable icons per item

- Fixed issue where ghost pepper chili debuff wasn't working correctly

Guys I'm super excited to announce the first pass at icons are in!

I want to give a huge shout out to @syn7572 for their work on this. It's a huge task and I would not be able to do this on my own. Please give syn7572 a thumbs up on their posts when you see them!!!

How does it work though?

I'm really glad you asked!

FarmLifeMod will continue to support vanilla icons. To take advantage of the new assets all you need to do is install FarmLifeMod_Icons next to your FarmLifeMod. Thats all you need to do.

So as an example, you should have:

Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/Mods/FarmLifeMod

and

Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/Mods/FarmLifeMod_Icons

More icons will be coming as syn can get to them.

Till the next release... enjoy :D

Attributions for syn's work here and here.

FarmLifeMod 1.6.5 (don't ask what happened to 1.6.4...)

FarmLifeMod -> ClickMe

FarmLifeMod_Icons -> ClickMeToo

Changed

- Added madmole buff to Joel's breakfast

- Added modtags to enable icons per item

- Fixed issue where ghost pepper chili debuff wasn't working correctly

Guys I'm super excited to announce the first pass at icons are in!

I want to give a huge shout out to @syn7572 for their work on this. It's a huge task and I would not be able to do this on my own. Please give syn7572 a thumbs up on their posts when you see them!!!

How does it work though?

I'm really glad you asked!

FarmLifeMod will continue to support vanilla icons. To take advantage of the new assets all you need to do is install FarmLifeMod_Icons next to your FarmLifeMod. Thats all you need to do.

More icons will be coming as syn can get to them.

Till the next release... enjoy :D

Attributions for syn's work here and here.

The new icons folder does that go into the mods folder? Your install directions aren't clear, lol at least not to me.

There will definitely be more to come, There's a total of 61 new icons. I'll be updating the size of the seed bags to more easily differentiate between the various seeds! So don't get too used to the small size just yet :)

The new icons folder does that go into the mods folder? Your install directions aren't clear, lol at least not to me.

Both modlets go into your Mods folder. So you should have:

Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/Mods/FarmLifeMod

and

Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/Mods/FarmLifeMod_Icons

- - - Updated - - -

How do you get started with this mod, on an existing save? as in where do you get seeds and so on.?

currently i see seeds, in the creative menu, but not sure where to get them from without spawning them in.

The seeds are found from looting just like vanilla seeds. You can also buy them from traders.

They should only need the icons mod. However if they don’t install both there will be warnings in the console about xpath not applying.

- - - Updated - - -

If icons are installed on the server and the client doesn’t have them installed manually, then some items will not display icons.

They should only need the icons mod. However if they don’t install both there will be warnings in the console about xpath not applying.

- - - Updated - - -

If icons are installed on the server and the client doesn’t have them installed manually, then some items will not display icons.

Okay thanks stasis, its mean till now the server still only fetch .xml file at the moment.

Really hope TFP will update the fetching of files thru server one day...

Archived