FarmLifeMod

stasis78

Hey all wanted to give an update since I don’t do releases every other day now ;)

I’ve finished up the main import and export for all items. I still have to add in food/water value calculations and economic values but those have to wait until I have recipes imported. I just did some quick testing and the items are looking great. It’s going to be so much easier for me to add and balance content.

I have blocks importing and exporting started. Part of the reason I wrote this tool was to reduce the error prone nature of adding new growable things. I’ll be working on generating growing stages soon. My plan is to have certain plants take longer to grow using dynamic growing stages. I’ll be able to generate different numbers of growing stages to help mix up the farming aspect. Things will grow at different rates.

I have exporters finished for xui and modinfo so I was able to finally test things in game which was super exciting.

Things are moving along and will probably have parity with v1 over the weekend and then quickly adding in tons of new content for everyone!

Thankyou Stallion! Sadly when I developed/released my mod, I was a bit oblivious to what else was out there. I mostly operated on Nexus, so I didn't notice this beautiful work. But I think the direction we're both taking our mods is going to compliment each other greatly! I personally, am more focused on importing custom assets, and making my work very straight forward and to the point. Small packs of goodies, but while balancing it out to TFP's version and vision of the game. With Stasis here expanding further and further down the farming path, and myself headed the way of genetic mutations, I think these two projects would be perfect together.

I've already started renaming some items on my end, like Tomatoes over to Heirloom Tomatoes, and Smoker over to Rustic Smoker. Anything I can do to help make this awesome mod run with mine, I will :D

Oh can not wait to see the end results from you both.

This is gonna be great!, i play with a server full of girls, and they love the cooking/farming. I never have to worry about food or medical stuff, as they keep a hilariously large stockpile of food and med supplies available at all times. anything that makes it more fun for them is a great thing.

Oh did forget the apple tree needs to be renamed and the grape tree and wheat. both Mods still work tho with these in there,

- - - Updated - - -

This is gonna be great!, i play with a server full of girls, and they love the cooking/farming. I never have to worry about food or medical stuff, as they keep a hilariously large stockpile of food and med supplies available at all times. anything that makes it more fun for them is a great thing.

You are a Negan arent you.. Kill the hubbies/bfs so you get the girls to yourself lol... I heard rick grimes is on his way to your server :-D :-D :-P lol

Perfect, thankyou! I'll be doing Heirloom Tomato, Vineyard Grape, Red Apple, Pitchfork (I believe he has Pitch Fork he said, so this shouldn't be an issue).

I'll also be tagging all of my item icons with a 7before each name, as to never run into a naming issue for icons for the players. Since he will be adding a lot more farming related content, and I more focused on gene splicing/animal mutations with my end of things. My direction/focus is almost entirely on my animals, and less on the crops/food.

Just want to add this in, more of a statement, but I'm loving working with this community. Even when two people come out with very similar projects, the willingness to make them work in sync, and not turn it into an epeen contest, is outstanding. Stasis, thankyou very much for being willing to work with me on this :) Really, I appreciate it greatly. You are a really great modder and it's a pleasure to work with you in making our products the best they can be for the community.

Perfect, thankyou! I'll be doing Heirloom Tomato, Vineyard Grape, Red Apple, Pitchfork (I believe he has Pitch Fork he said, so this shouldn't be an issue).

I'll also be tagging all of my item icons with a 7before each name, as to never run into a naming issue for icons for the players. Since he will be adding a lot more farming related content, and I more focused on gene splicing/animal mutations with my end of things. My direction/focus is almost entirely on my animals, and less on the crops/food.

Just want to add this in, more of a statement, but I'm loving working with this community. Even when two people come out with very similar projects, the willingness to make them work in sync, and not turn it into an epeen contest, is outstanding. Stasis, thankyou very much for being willing to work with me on this :) Really, I appreciate it greatly. You are a really great modder and it's a pleasure to work with you in making our products the best they can be for the community.

Sounds great and yes the two pitch forks are done they both work as they are the same name done different no conflicts.

I think with the both of you working together but individually on your respective farming mods the comparability issues will be squished and sorted and the enjoyment both Will bring individually and together is what this game def needs in terms of gameplay and enjoyment and beneficial.

Sounds great and yes the two pitch forks are done they both work as they are the same name done different no conflicts.

I think with the both of you working together but ind8viduslly on your respective farming mods the comparability issues will be squished and sorted and the enjoyment both Will bring individually and together is what this game def needs in terms of gameplay and enjoyment and beneficial.

Everything is all squashed! I'll be releasing an update probably tomorrow or Friday for my modlet. I went ahead and renamed a bunch of things, and downloaded Stasis's modlet and ran through everything on my end, and we seem to be golden! :D

I know Stasis is updating a few things, and I sent him over a master list of all my unity asset names for once he dives into that aspect :D All of our work should now work nicely together now.

I'm very glad we had the chance to work together and mesh this out for everyone. Stasis, thankyou once again for being so receptive, and working with me :) I'll be sure to add a special note at the top of my readme's stating our work now works together.

Everything is all squashed! I'll be releasing an update probably tomorrow or Friday for my modlet. I went ahead and renamed a bunch of things, and downloaded Stasis's modlet and ran through everything on my end, and we seem to be golden! :D

I know Stasis is updating a few things, and I sent him over a master list of all my unity asset names for once he dives into that aspect :D All of our work should now work nicely together now.

I'm very glad we had the chance to work together and mesh this out for everyone. Stasis, thankyou once again for being so receptive, and working with me :) I'll be sure to add a special note at the top of my readme's stating our work now works together.

Thanks Jayic. Shoot me your official link and I’ll add it to my readme files!

This right here is why modders are the best. Cooperation, sharing ideas, this stuff is what makes for amazing mods that blow away anything the "vanilla" version of a game has. I don't mean to take anything away from developers by any means, but they're in BUSINESS, and deadlines/cost/profit are the ultimate limits to what they can do, the game MUST come out in order to get paid, and often they just can't make things to please everyone. Modders do this stuff as a labor of love, spending insane amounts of time and effort creating entirely new aspects of a game simply for the love of creation. Brewing my own scotch and toting around an M1 Garand have utterly changed the game for me, all thanks to you two.

You two rock, nuff said!

This right here is why modders are the best. Cooperation, sharing ideas, this stuff is what makes for amazing mods that blow away anything the "vanilla" version of a game has. I don't mean to take anything away from developers by any means, but they're in BUSINESS, and deadlines/cost/profit are the ultimate limits to what they can do, the game MUST come out in order to get paid, and often they just can't make things to please everyone. Modders do this stuff as a labor of love, spending insane amounts of time and effort creating entirely new aspects of a game simply for the love of creation. Brewing my own scotch and toting around an M1 Garand have utterly changed the game for me, all thanks to you two.

You two rock, nuff said!

Unless your Bethesda lol. But yes very very true :-)

Thanks max and everyone. It’s definitely a labor of love. I do wish some things were easier to do around modding. But that fact that the pimps make it a reasonable affair, and especially Gazz give us awesome notes, and that everyone is positive on the mod forums encourages me to push on.

I’ll be honest when I did the very first post on this thread, I just was making a ton of little modlets. When I started getting feedback it made me want to do more and more. I never thought Farm Life would become so big when I made a wheat plant.

LOL

Modders do this stuff as a labor of love, spending insane amounts of time and effort creating entirely new aspects of a game simply for the love of creation.

haha, you've got that right! I've hundreds of hours of time just on the models and item icons. More to come though! Stasis is testing out a custom workbench I made for brewing and the verdict will be in tomorrow. I'm also working on other projects too, I'm in the process of learning Maya and 3ds Max since I want to stir away from Blender. It's not so very game-friendly. It tends to flip normals (the way a face ultimately faces. If it's flipped: that part of the asset will be see-through. Not good) which gets annoying when I open it up into Unity. Plus Unity doesnt recognize the materials that Blender puts on the mesh. Go figure, right? lol

Syn, your additions to FarmLife are outstanding. I've spent most of my life painting/sculpting as a hobby, and as hard as it can be, what you graphic artists go thru makes my head explode. Itr's tough enough to make a sculpture do what you need it to when its a physical object, but learning an entirely new language in order to make something on a screen just boggles me. My hat is off to you and all the other artists who make our mods look so incredible. :)

I'm eager to test this but I'm a noob on github. It seems to only allow me to download if I download from root, all your mods together. Is there a way to download one by one, like the farmlife ones specifically?

thanks!

The release files are posted as zips. Click into the zip link then click the green button and download as zip.

Hey all thought I’d give a quick update.

Work on my tool is going great and I’m exporting all my plants and trees dynamically. Just have to finish wiring up the harvest items. All trees will now drop seeds and there will no longer be recipes for tree seeds. This aligns better with vanilla trees and mixes things up from crops.

The only big thing left for me to do before I start adding new content is importing buffs and managing those with my database. The main time sinks for my work will then be fool proof! Way less time debugging and more time to focus on content.

Still not sure when v2 will be done, but when it is will be 50 new crops and trees, hundreds of new recipes, and hopefully a dozen or so new food buffs.

Wow , seriously keep going! i want to see more! Can't wait for V2 of your mod!

good job!

Thank you :)

I have a huge update for v2 planned. It will be about 5 times the amount of content of v1 and should have lots of new icons and models. And of course very detailed and realistic crafting paths for food and drink :)

Syn, your additions to FarmLife are outstanding. I've spent most of my life painting/sculpting as a hobby, and as hard as it can be, what you graphic artists go thru makes my head explode. Itr's tough enough to make a sculpture do what you need it to when its a physical object, but learning an entirely new language in order to make something on a screen just boggles me. My hat is off to you and all the other artists who make our mods look so incredible. :)

Thank you! It can get pretty confusing and does involve an intense amount of time and patience. I've been working with computer graphics for the vast majority of my life and I'm still learning a tremendous deal. I just started working with 3D art and sculpting in early January this year. Still trying to figure which program suits me the best, but each have their pros and cons.

Archived