FarmLifeMod

stasis78

FarmLife - 1.5.1

NEW

Redneck buff - Cheap beer now has a Redneck buff

Similar to the other beer buff, less stam regen and more fist damage.

CHANGED

Fixed the ragdoll so it would trigger after drinking when super drunk. Added a chance for it to happen while super drunk.

Update some of the text in the emotes while drinking.

Made the debuffs for being super drunk much more severe.

Cleaned up the buff xml file to be much more reusable and easier to add new drunk effects with emotes.

Different drink buffs no longer stack. You can get the icons to appear but the effects will not work.

Release file here -> https://github.com/stasis78/7dtd-mods/blob/master/FarmLifeMod.zip

FarmLife - 1.5.3

Fixed

Grow timer, was 2 which is wayyyy too short. Was testing and got dumb ;)

Its now 60ish to match lord GAZZ

Probably still broken because we only have a couple cycles where as trees have many. Blame me, hate me. I love it ;p

Changed

The small oak tree model is, as of 17.1 annoying AF to navigate

now all fruit trees are a giant tree, yeah it sucks, but I can't give you cool models yet so enjoy lameness ;p

Link here -> go here

Hey stasis love your work. I'm modding for Anarchy and we have some simliar things.

For wine I solved the production differently which I wanted to let you know:

I have used the model of the barrels as fermentation tanks and made them to work as a forge. You throw grapes in and they "melt" or get fermented together with some yeast. If you have enough "melted" you can let craft some wine in there. I'm sure you're capable of doing something similar if you wish to so I won't post the lines here.

Regarding trees, I have an apple tree using <property name="Model" value="Entities/Trees/OakSml01Prefab"/> . The Oak seed (which would be perfect for some fruits/vegetables) doesn't collide unfortunately which seems to be hard coded for the vehicles. At least I don't need to use the giant trees for apples...

Hmmm, stasis, have you tried asking Xyth for some models from STARVATION? I am not sure if he has access to the models, but since the STARVATION mod is not going to be remade for Alpha 17, maybe you can use the models?

Models are something I am going to look into. Right now I have some other systems to finish first. My main goal is to have a version that works without needed client downloads.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey stasis love your work. I'm modding for Anarchy and we have some simliar things.

For wine I solved the production differently which I wanted to let you know:

I have used the model of the barrels as fermentation tanks and made them to work as a forge. You throw grapes in and they "melt" or get fermented together with some yeast. If you have enough "melted" you can let craft some wine in there. I'm sure you're capable of doing something similar if you wish to so I won't post the lines here.

Regarding trees, I have an apple tree using <property name="Model" value="Entities/Trees/OakSml01Prefab"/> . The Oak seed (which would be perfect for some fruits/vegetables) doesn't collide unfortunately which seems to be hard coded for the vehicles. At least I don't need to use the giant trees for apples...

I had the small oak prefab but it’s so hard to see the trunks. I need to find another tree that works better than the giant oak :)

I’m finishing up my first pass at buffs for drinks today then adding meat harvesting. After that is crafting stations.

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it!

:)

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve been working on some other mods and also playing on my server but I will be working on this mod primarily now until it’s finished. Hopefully a couple weeks and I’ll have all the systems in place.

After all that is working and I’m happy with it then I’ll definitely be looking at custom assets for everything as a mod you can stack on this one.

FarmLife - 1.5.4

This version adds buffs to some drink items that can be crafted. It also addresses a couple bugs. Upppps.

Go to this webpage to download.

Fixed

Wine was giving the incorrect buffs.

Removed a display type tag helper that was no longer necessary and giving warnings.

Added

Updated wine, beer, and mixed drink buff descriptions with their relevant effects.

Liquid Veg now gives Vitamin B buff. Stam regen buff.

Orange Juice now gives Vitamin C buff. A miniature version of herbal meds. Will attempt to remove level 0 diseases.

Lemon Lime Coolaid now gives Sugar Rush. Basically a free level of pack mule while active. 4 bag slots unlocked.

Milk now gives Strong Bones. Instantly removes sprained leg debuff. Will apply a splint to a broken leg.

There is a new drink type in items.xml to make it easier to add things to drink.

Version 1.6

This release wraps up what I had planned for 1.5. While I know there are a lot of missing descriptions, etc. I will get these lingering issues resolved once I finish up the next 2 systems, meat and crafting stations. Till then...

Enjoy!

FarmLifeMod 1.6.0

Go to this webpage to download.

Big release to add meats! For now there are 2 types of pens you can build. Holstein for milk and Angus for beef.

The models are place holders, sorry! Empty pallets mean an empty pen. Tarp means the fellows are feeding and growing. Boxes means they are ready to harvest. These are multi-block blocks now in prep for when I add custom models. 3x3 area required per pen. They don't stack.

To farm meat and milk:

- build pens

- craft cattle feed

- upgrade the pens with feed and a pitch fork

- wait for them to stop feeding and become full

- harvest full pens to get meat and milk

Changed

Fixed fruit trees to use Maple20Prefab. I’m am very happy with the results and won’t be changing again until custom models :D

Removed powdered milk recipes

Powdered Milk is still there but doesn’t do anything anymore. Didn’t remove because don’t want to cause bugs.

Fixed food/water cvars changes for a17

New Items

Pitch Fork

Feeding Trough

Cattle Feed

Empty Holstein Pen

Empty Angus Pen

Delmontico

Rump Roast

Porterhouse

Raw Milk

Butter

Buttery Delmontico

Rump Roast Stew

Red Wine and Peppercorn Porterhouse

TODO

I am going to be adding veal, chickens, and elk. Once those are in I’ll be moving on to crafting stations, hopefully over the weekend.

After that I’ll start looking at doing icons and descriptions since there are known ways these will be handled post release of the game. Unfortunately localization changes require manual steps by the client and I’m not happy about that at all.

3d modeling will be once I have everything working and I’m happy with the results. I make every attempt to keep this mod playable on MP servers without client downloads.

Sneak peak at next release. Adding a bunch new things to play with: a new tree, new things to use milk to make, more meats of course.

Experimenting with multi step recipes for those dishes that require more than 5 ingredients. Should be a lot of fun in the kitchen next release :D

<recipe name="Bolognese Step 1" count="1" modTag="campfire,toolCookingPot">
     <ingredient name="Olive Oil" count="1" />
     <ingredient name="Butter" count="1" />
     <ingredient name="Onion" count="1" />
     <ingredient name="Celery" count="1" />
     <ingredient name="Carrot" count="1" />
   </recipe>
   <recipe name="Bolognese Step 2" count="1" modTag="campfire,toolCookingPot,saltPepper">
     <ingredient name="Bolognese Step 1" count="1" />
     <ingredient name="Veal" count="4" />
   </recipe>
   <recipe name="Bolognese Step 3" count="1" modTag="campfire,toolCookingPot">
     <ingredient name="Bolognese Step 2" count="1" />
     <ingredient name="Milk" count="1" />
   </recipe>
   <recipe name="Bolognese Sauce" count="1" modTag="campfire,toolCookingPot">
     <ingredient name="Bolognese Step 3" count="1" />
     <ingredient name="White Zin" count="1" />
     <ingredient name="Crushed Tomato" count="1" />
   </recipe>
   <recipe name="Bolognese Meal" count="1" modTag="campfire,toolCookingPot">
     <ingredient name="Bolognese Sauce" count="1" />
     <ingredient name="Cheese" count="1" />
     <ingredient name="Butter" count="1" />
     <ingredient name="Penne" count="1" />
   </recipe>

FarmLifeMod 1.6.1

Release file can be found on this webpage -> ClickMe

Changed

- Harvesting a full pen now returns an empty bucket to replace the one used creating feed.

- Blocks.xml clean up, some xml props that were duplicated or in the wrong place.

-Removed Crushed Tomatoes and Wheat Flour from cannedfood loot group. There is no reason to clutter up the loot with things you are supposed to make :)

-Salt and Pepper are still in the cannedfood loot as they are slightly harder to acquire and are required by the majority of recipes now and new ones coming down the pipe.

New Items

Empty Veal Pen

Empty Elk Pen

Olive Seed

Olive Tree

Olive

Onion Seed

Onion

Onion Plant

Celery Seed

Celery

Celery Plant

Celery Seed

Celery

Celery Plant

Veal

Elk Scraps

Parmesan

Bolognese Step 1 (see note below about cooking)

Bolognese Step 2

Bolognese Step 3

Bolognese Sauce

Bolognese Dish

Elk Jerky

Salt and Pepper (see note below about cooking)

Briney Water

Sauteed Onions

Crunchy Celery

Olive Oil

Olive Paste

Canned Olives

Notes

For this release I’ve been playing around with how to do complex recipes to make food in a more realistic fashion. Normally when you are cooking it isn’t just throw a bunch of crap in a pot and cook it all at once. You have to sauté garlic and onions. You have to add liquids then reduce, some ingredients take longer than others, etc. The idea of multi step recipes, specifically for cooking, seems like a good approach.

The main down side is the complexity can’t be really described very well in the recipes UI currently. I’m going to look at adding cookbook items that explain how to make the more complicated items more clearly, with a recipe list so you can get everything in order before you start and not have to keep going back to your boxes a million times. I’ll investigate this for the next release. I plan to keep all very complicated recipes postfixed with “Step X” to make it at least easy to find a starting point for these items.

Salt and pepper are common in many dishes, so I created a new salt and pepper item that you make (obviously) by combining salt and pepper. This reduces the clutter in recipes and, since only 5 ingredients show in the UI, helps save space for more complexity.

Cheese is a work in progress until I can add crafting stations, but the components are mostly there (raw milk, milk, briney water). Will be adding whey when I do yogurt and kimchi in a later release. Probably after crafting stations.

Veal will be a required substance for all the pasta dishes I make moving forward. I plan to rework the existing pasta meal into a veggie version, but any other pastas will require veal. Pastas are going to be something you eat at base, or have a meal with friends. They will heal and feed you fully, and stack with wine to give you other benefits, but they will have a stack size of 1. They are intended to make and eat fresh, not lug around in your bag. I’ll implement this change once crafting stations are completed.

For Elk I am focusing on different types of preserved meat. For now there is just one type, but I plan to really expand on dried meats and add specific long lasting (hour or more) buffs, increased stack sizes, etc to make them suitable for long looting trips that last more than a day. This will be quite the opposite of pasta foods :)

Until the next release, enjoy!

Is it just me, or the grilled meats don't give you anything? 0 stamina & 0 health? :-/

Also, I've broken many rocks, but have yet to find any halite (maybe it's in the big rocks only, not the "metal" ones?).

Not just the meats, the salad and some of the other foods I have tried say the same thing. I haven't tried to make any in the past few days so it may have changed. Also, I think I haven't found any halite or peppercorn seed either. I have found a few salt and a few pepper but that is about it.

Not just the meats, the salad and some of the other foods I have tried say the same thing. I haven't tried to make any in the past few days so it may have changed. Also, I think I haven't found any halite or peppercorn seed either. I have found a few salt and a few pepper but that is about it.

I found a few Halite, lets call them blocks, in those big rocks (not a single one in those little metal boulders), but the food seems to be bugged... I'm pressed to find piggies, so I can make bacon and eggs.

in 17.1 the Pimps changed the coding for food. if you guys can you can have a look in the items.xml

look for anything with

"foodAmount"

the new code pimps use is "$foodAmountAdd"

all my food became broken as well in my mod and i had to change all those values. same with water

"waterAmount" becomes "$waterAmountAdd"

Did a quick search through the modfiles, and its all using the new code. I noticed that in the vanilla buffs.xml, it uses both the new and the old tho. And in the modfiles there are no "foodamount" or "$foodAmountAdd" references at all. No idea if any of that has anything to do with things not working, just thought I could share my observations just in case :)

I updated the mod to use the new food and water cvars. I did test eating the new foods I added last night. I’ll go back and retest the other foods as well.

Peppercorn was the last seed I found on my server :)

Halite is definitely there but you have to destroy the block to have a chance at getting it.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll look into making pepper and salt more available from lootable items, like shakers that you can break down into salt or pepper. ;)

All seeds have the same % to be found. Though I’ve been unable to find any seeds at the traders except vanilla hops.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll try to do a quick test this morning while I’m at work but the latest release should fix the food and drink issues :)

It’s possible that existing saves are borked. I’ll check my server tonight. Basically you never need to eat anymore so I have not really tested on my server.

I’m adding a new modlet that once you are past a certain level of progression you have to eat and drink more often. Right now there is no reason to eat or drink except buffs once you are over level 100. This will be separate but compatible with FarmLifeMod.

Archived