FarmLifeMod

stasis78

I should have another update done, maybe tonight for sure tomorrow.

For a sneak peak I'm adding the following for 1.4 (Fruit release!)

- Grapes

- Apples

- Oranges

- Meyer Lemon

- Lime

Fruit will grow using trees and be harvested like any other tree but give fruits instead!

Also adding in salt and pepper to make cooking FarmLife recipes more detailed.

Salt will come from mining stone, small chance to drop Halite which is turned into salt. Black Pepper will be a new growable plant using one of the forest plant textures for more variety. Harvesting them will yield black pepper corns.

For 1.5 I'm going to shift my efforts to adding buffs and effects to the exiting recipes.

1.6 will be the meat release with cows, chickens, etc. Still trying to figure out how to do that, I have a couple ideas that may work with a little suspension of disbelief ;)

1.7 will be custom stations for cooking: stove, brew kit, wine barrels, etc.

Suggestions are always welcome

For 1.5 I'm going to shift my efforts to adding buffs and effects to the exiting recipes.

1.6 will be the meat release with cows, chickens, etc. Still trying to figure out how to do that, I have a couple ideas that may work with a little suspension of disbelief ;)

1.7 will be custom stations for cooking: stove, brew kit, wine barrels, etc.

Suggestions are always welcome

Use the beer barrel models already in game and make them workstations for fermenting the wine and the beer, instead of the chem station.

New Release - 1.4

FarmLifeMod 1.4 Released!

This release features fruits and wine! Its a pretty big release in terms of items so lets dig into it.

New Growable Plants:

Grape

Apple

Orange

Lime

Cherry

Meyer Lemon

New Items:

Salt

Halite

Black Pepper

Black Pepper Corn

Grape Pulp

Grape Extract

Pink Rose

White Zin

Merlot

Port Wine

Mojito

Lemon Lime Coolaid

Orange Juice

Cherry Pie

Apple Pie

Tell me all about the fruit!

Sure thing. Fruit grows on plantable trees. The trees mature like other trees you plant. When harvested they give you fruit instead of wood.

How does wine making work?

Wine requires grapes. Grapes are turned into either extract or pulp. Different types of wine require different combinations of pulp and extract. Combine water, pulp, and extract at chem stations to create batches of 15 bottles of wine. Wine can be combined with grain alcohol to create Port Wine (fortified wine).

Halite?

In order to make things more realistic without requiring RWG changes and a bunch of other wonky things, I added a small chance to get Halite from mining stone. Halite (rock salt) is normally mined from salt mines. I thought about adding a new type of mineral you had to find, however that requires a brand new map and has other issues I don’t want folks to have to deal with. The compromise was making it so you can find halite anywhere you mine rocks.

In order to extract salt, right now you simply use the chem station. I plan to make a more involved and realistic process in the future that requires the use of a specialized station that takes large amounts of stone and water, and extracts salts that way. It will be a much longer and complicated process. For now I wanted an easier but still semi realistic approach to finding salt :)

Salt and Pepper

Several recipes were updated to use salt and pepper in their ingredient lists. I feel its a bit more realistic to require salt and pepper on different dishes. It might be the apocalypse, but you can still have fancy pasta dinners with salt and pepper!

Misc changes

Add returning jars to a few drinks (bug)

Added new categories to the items.xml for drink, wine, and mixedDrink.

Added a new ingredient type to items.xml to easily mark something as a non-edible item.

Made some changes to how the food tiers work with food and stam.

Added some modTag helpers to easily add salt, pepper, and crafting station/tool to any recipe.

I gotta say, between your mod and the Firearms mod from Mayic, I've been sucked back into the game something fierce. Carrying around my beloved M1 Garand and sipping a glass of merlot is my idea of zombieland Valhalla :p. You MUST add proper honey mead and single malt Glenlivet!

Hard liquor is on my list and I’ll note mead, love the stuff.

My priorities right now are.

- add buffs so that the items are useful beyond just variety ;)

- get meat farming working in a realistic way that still works with in game assets

- crafting stations \ gating

I’m glad you are enjoying the mod. Lots more to come. Gotta have something to do when it’s dark out right?

I just thought I'd give some positive feed back and say that I LOVE your mod, it's actually one of my favourites. I look forward to what will come in the future. I hope at some point you are able to implement some new textures to both the seeds and the plants themselves. Keep up the great work.

My only very minor problem is the fact that I have to download every other mod you make just to update this one. I'm not sure if you considered doing a different way to make your individual mods available.

Otherwise keep up the mod. I'm sure there are LOTS of people out there happy with your mod.

Ideas for buffs:

Single malt - boosts charisma for trading, and intelligence for crafting, 1 hour boost. drink too much, negative 3 cha/int for 2 hours. Nobody likes a drunk :p

Honey mead - boosts strength, damage resist, cold resist. Vikings drank it for a reason.

Fruit cocktail- heat resist, energy boost similar to Mega Crush in game.

Cooking recipes could boost healing rate/disease resist, stamina rate.

Things to add possibly: banana, watermelon, coconut, peanuts, peas, green beans, spinach.

I’m glad you are enjoying it.

I have a long term plan for adding icons and textures in an add on mod that you load with this one. There is an open question with TFP about how they plan to handle mods once the game is released so I’m holding off on this work until there is some more info on asset handling.

I’m actually working on a mod packer that allows folks to take a bunch of modlets and combine them into one with a type of dependency tree. Some mods have to be installed in a specific order or they don’t work properly. Anyways the short point I was trying to make is:

I’ll start posting a stand alone zip file for this mod.

Thanks for all the ideas will keep them in mind!

FarmLifeMod 1.5.0

Notes:

Moving to a normalized version number. This will mostly make me feel better and release things more rapidly to you all without needing to build out huge systems over days and weeks!

Added buffs to drinks!

Beer, wine, and mixedDrinks now have custom buffs. Drink too much and you will feel the consequences. In moderation you will get buffs :

Beer

- EntityDamage-fists 30% dmg

- StaminaChangeOT 35% replenish

- BuffResistance buffInjuryStunned1 +1

Wine

- perkBetterBarter +1

- perkCharismaticNature +1

Mixed Drink

- attStrength,attPerception +1

Enjoy ;)

release -> here

There is a modlet from Sinz that makes snow berries farmable.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?99253-Sols-A17-Mod(let)s

I make no guarantees that any other type of farm mods are compatible with my mods. While I try hard to make mods isolated, FarmLifeMod touch’s a lot of things and is only tested with the mods I run on my server, most of which I created.

If anyone has issues with another mod and this one, feel free to post a question with a link to the other mod.

Archived