<property name="biomemap3.Range" value="0.6,0.8"/>

<property name="biomemap4.Name" value="desert"/>

<property name="biomemap4.Range" value="0.8,1.1"/>

</module>

<output module="biomeOutput"/>

</biome_generator>

Resultant map

https://imgur.com/a/CbuVg3r

I forgot to mention the stupidly easy way to get the biomes to look like b221 and earlier.

Generate the world.

Navigate to the folder where the world is saved.

Replace biomes.png -- NOTE: if you edit biomes.png you must make sure it is limited to the exact 5 colors that match the biomes. Any dithering/feathering/blending should be disabled. You will get random errors on chunk generation if even a single pixel is the wrong color when it tries to generate the region that wrong colored pixel is in.

Start New Save Game with your RWG World and the biome layout you created.

I forgot to mention the stupidly easy way to get the biomes to look like b221 and earlier.

Generate the world.

Navigate to the folder where the world is saved.

Replace biomes.png -- NOTE: if you edit biomes.png you must make sure it is limited to the exact 5 colors that match the biomes. Any dithering/feathering/blending should be disabled. You will get random errors on chunk generation if even a single pixel is the wrong color when it tries to generate the region that wrong colored pixel is in.

Start New Save Game with your RWG World and the biome layout you created.

I have had no success with this.

Always errors.

I'm using Photoshop and being as careful as possible.

Still lots of errors.

Hopefully someone comes up with an editor that works well.

I have had no success with this.

Always errors.

I'm using Photoshop and being as careful as possible.

Still lots of errors.

Hopefully someone comes up with an editor that works well.

I had issues with Photoshop as well for biomes.png

Here is one I whipped up in Gimp 2.8. No Anti-Aliasing, no blending during edits. Export as PNG, everything unchecked except Save Background Color & Save Resolution, Compression Level 3.

Colors:

ffe477 - Desert

004000 - Forest

ba00ff - Burnt Forest

ffa800 - wasteland

ffffff - snow

Size: 16384

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdss3wkacqcta0a/biomes.png?dl=0

If you check the png ou can see in the center of it is a bit of stock b240 type RWG map.

In the North East You'll find I tagged it.

Here's some screenshots:

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1440:810

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1440:810

To get more traders on large map (5 on a 16k map is way too few), just change the max_count to say 3 for each of the 5 traders, and then you get more.

Also, <prefab name="settlement_trader_05" prob=".25" /> the default is missing the prob=".25" like the first 4 have.

I missed changer trader1 to max 3, and got 13 traders on my last build, so I'll go with that. (now hopefully it won't have me trying to run 7.8km to the first trader on the quest!)

biome generation is still messed, but I'll live with that for now, until the road gen gets worked on. (those are beyond my ability, and I'm not gonna spend the time trying to figure it out) ;p

I don't think that the mixed up biome placement is that bad. But i would like to have each biome bigger, not such really small pieces. I got from the rwgmixer where i can configure the occurence of each biome type, so i can make more forrests, less wasteland, etc, but i didn't manage to make each biome simply bigger.

But what is really horrible is the street generation and how/where towns are generated. On basically every map seed you get almost only town/city and especially on bigger maps really huge areas with absolutely nothing in it, not even a single hunting cabin.

Additionally there are almost no watersources with default rwg settings. I won't even talk about rivers or lakes. But there seems to be a problem anyway as the street_gen doesn't cross rivers anymore. With tweaked rwgmixer.xml to generate rivers again, you get even larger areas of the map without anything, because the few roads can't cross the river, so half the map is empty.

I can live with patchwork RWG worlds, BUT... the biomes need to be big. I really don't want every two hundred meters to reach a new biome. That doesn't look realistic. And it really breaks my immersion, when one block is occupied with desert ("You are hot!") and the next one with snow (You are cold!").

I liked the new way in the first A17E builds, because the biome generation was more realistic. Snow in the cold north, desert in the hot south and forests between it.

What I didn't like about the new way were the patches of burnt forest and wasteland every fe meters. Oh, and I didn't like the cities, especially because the skyscrapers and other interesting POIs were missing. Don't know, if THAT got fixed now...

I never liked Navezgane. Too much wasteland and burnt forest. You have to travel too far between the biomes, and the small few buildings towns really don't look like real cities. Now, Perishton looks like okayish, but the whole map would need a lot of changes to finally getting interesting.

My opinion about 7D2D always was "awesome game, but really bad worlds".

I really hope for more realistic biomes, cities and more interesting POIs. And for a better water physics...

Does anyone know where I would look in the files to see how many traders are on my map? I'm almost to day 35, been basically everywhere and have only found 2 traders. I just want to confirm if that is the facts, or if there are more on the RWG map.
Assuming no mods and the map was generated on b240: 5 traders.

As to how to check:

Steam Client > Games Library > Right-Click 7 Days To Die > Click Properties > Click Local Files > Click Browse Local Files > Navigate Data Folder > Navigate Worlds Folder > Navigate to 'WorldName' folder > prefabs.xml > search for trader.

Replace 'WorldName' with the actual name for the World you want to check.

Assuming no mods and the map was generated on b240: 5 traders.

As to how to check:

Steam Client > Games Library > Right-Click 7 Days To Die > Click Properties > Click Local Files > Click Browse Local Files > Navigate Data Folder > Navigate Worlds Folder > Navigate to 'WorldName' folder > prefabs.xml > search for trader.

Replace 'WorldName' with the actual name for the World you want to check.

you the man! thanks!

The randomly placed biomes is good, they just need to be larger in size. It's not much of a biome if you sprint for 30 seconds in one direction and it's gone.

Really though, they just need to give players control over how the world is generated without complex XML editing. Have sliders that control aspects of generation. Give people the option to use realistic biome generation like Navesegane or completely random. Want lots of mountains? Pump up that slider. Don't want water everywhere? Turn it down. Options for POI and city rates would be good too.

The randomly placed biomes is good, they just need to be larger in size. It's not much of a biome if you sprint for 30 seconds in one direction and it's gone.

Yup! Exactly this!! ^

Increase the Biome Size and maybe down the road create mini-biomes to help dither a little.

That would do it.

Otherwise... it's coming along.

Bugs need to go but that's going to take time.

There might even be a modlet that will help with that already. :)

Heh, yeah, yours, and I missed it when I was looking for RWG stuff.

Gotta try more tests though, getting a buncha traders is nice, but they tend to cluster, and there are huge empty areas.

tis all kinda moot though, as we know that RWG hasn't been really revamped/tweaked yet.

The checkerboard biome thing is just silly. (and spots of wasteland all over like measels)

shrugh

Heh, yeah, yours, and I missed it when I was looking for RWG stuff.

Gotta try more tests though, getting a buncha traders is nice, but they tend to cluster, and there are huge empty areas.

tis all kinda moot though, as we know that RWG hasn't been really revamped/tweaked yet.

The checkerboard biome thing is just silly. (and spots of wasteland all over like measels)

shrugh

On the trader clustering. Totally agree. It was the clustering that caused me to make that modlet (I had a map with 4 traders near each other in the SW, and one in the SE. Not a single trader in the North, and none above 2000 South. At least with 10 I got 2 above the northern line on the same map).

So I tried updating my rwgmixer.xml file with Tin's code but I error out on world generation. Simply put, I want to dramatically reduce the amount of snow/desert/wasteland (since I don't care to play in them) and increase the amount of forest. Does anyone know if we can update the biomeoutput sectionof the xml to make one biome more likely to generate?

<module name="biomeOutput" type="BiomeIDMapper">

<property name="sourceModule" value="clampOutput"/>

<property name="biomemap0.Name" value="pine_forest"/>

<property name="biomemap0.Range" value="0.2,0.4"/>

<property name="biomemap1.Name" value="snow"/>

<property name="biomemap1.Range" value="0,0.2"/>

<property name="biomemap2.Name" value="wasteland"/>

<property name="biomemap2.Range" value="0.4,0.6"/>

<property name="biomemap3.Name" value="burnt_forest"/>

<property name="biomemap3.Range" value="0.6,0.8"/>

<property name="biomemap4.Range" value="0.8,1.1"/>

</module>

<module name="biomeOutput" type="BiomeIDMapper">
			<property name="sourceModule" value="clampOutput"/>

<property name="biomemap0.Name" value="pine_forest"/>
			<property name="biomemap0.Range" value="0.2,0.7"/>

<property name="biomemap1.Name" value="snow"/>
			<property name="biomemap1.Range" value="0,0.20"/>

<property name="biomemap2.Name" value="wasteland"/>
			<property name="biomemap2.Range" value="0.7,0.75"/>

<property name="biomemap3.Name" value="burnt_forest"/>
			<property name="biomemap3.Range" value="0.75,0.85"/>

<property name="biomemap4.Range" value="0.85,1"/>
		</module>

the range value is the %, and it really shouldn't go past 1. (so they all add up to 100%)

for both small and medium in the rwgmixer.

Added the tradergroup back per above AND upped each trader to max 3, so I got 20 traders in the current test.

Now to find'em all.

:)

Roads now... um, that is a total mess.

Archived