The worst way to spend the first 20 points

Roland

I'd like to know what would be the most moronic way to spend the first 20 points and in what order. I plan to spend them as I earn them and not save up and forego other ways to spend points in order to wait for the level gates to trigger and buy higher tiers of attributes.

Then I'll play it and record it.

Just +1 posts for your favorite idiotic builds and I'll count it up to find the winner.

So many possibilities.

So lets try not going the useless variant, but the funny one (you know like automatic rifles, swimmer, immunity and stuff like that)

So if I had to chose a playstyle that would be the worst but still playable:

You may ONLY strike zombies while running! (except ferals on the ground, because they will regenerate faster than you can damage them)

Guns and bows are only allowed against animals and ferals.

1. Agility 3

2. charging bull 2

3. cardio 2

4. strength 3

5. sexual tyrannosaur 2

6. fortitude 3

7. pain tolerance 2

8. healing factor 2

9. fully hydrated 1

(you may switch those to your liking)

Here's what I'd consider the worst, most moronic possible choices. I'm sure there are other/worse variants.

Lv1 (start quest): +2 PER, +2 salvage ops, +olympic swimmer

Lv2 +INT

Lv3 +INT

Lv4 +ST

Lv5 +ST

Lv6 +deadeye

Lv7 +deadeye

Lv8 +stay down

Lv9 +stay down

Lv10 +AGI

Lv11 +AGI

Lv12 +olympic swimmer

Lv13 +FORT

Lv14 +FORT

Lv15 +slow metabolism

Lv16 +slow metabolsim

Lv17 +well insulated

Lv18 +well insulated

Lv19 +the huntsman

Lv20 +the huntsman

Have fun!(?)

I'll guess you'll at least end up with a decent attribute base til level 20 and who knows maybe we're in for a surprise on the usefulness on some of these.. lol

You can play the role of Gordon Ramsay. Below are the perks to be the master chef himself. Points are from starter quest and what you get till level 20. Good luck

Intellect 3

Better barter 2

Master chef 2

Fortitude 3

Living off the land 2

The huntsman 2

Well insulated 2

Fully hydrated 2

Slow metabolism 2

Pain tolerance 2

Agility 3

Rule 1 cardio 2

You can play the role of Gordon Ramsay. Below are the perks to be the master chef himself. Points are from starter quest and what you get till level 20. Good luck

Intellect 3

Better barter 2

Master chef 2

Fortitude 3

Living off the land 2

The huntsman 2

Well insulated 2

Fully hydrated 2

Slow metabolism 2

Pain tolerance 2

Agility 3

Rule 1 cardio 2

lol...Do I have to be an utter prick while I play? Too bad I can't take calls and insult everyone. Maybe I can read forum posts and roast the people who posted them during the night time...

Intellect 3

Better barter 2

Master chef 2

Fortitude 3

Living off the land 2

The huntsman 2

Well insulated 2

Fully hydrated 2

Slow metabolism 2

Pain tolerance 2

Agility 3

Rule 1 cardio 2

That one actually looks like fun.

Edit: So I'll +1 it.

Single Player Only...

1 point Charismatic Nature

2 points to Intellect

1 point to Charismatic Nature

2 points to Intellect

2 points to Intellect

3 points to Intellect

1 point to Well Insulated

2 points to Fortitude

2 points to Fortitude

BTW... if it's a single player game, it would be nice to have something in place of Charismatic Nature.

Single Player Only...

2 points to Intellect

2 points to Intellect

2 points to Intellect

3 points to Intellect

2 points to Fortitude

2 points to Fortitude

Well....I WAS envisioning spending the points as I got them and not saving them up waiting for the level gates to open up the higher ranks of attributes. This one is more moronic than even I considered...lol

Well....I WAS envisioning spending the points as I got them and not saving them up waiting for the level gates to open up the higher ranks of attributes. This one is more moronic than even I considered...lol

Your going to need well insulated if you wanna use armor later on, as only a shirt, pants and coat won't give enough weather protection for desert/snow (I tried, even with 1 point in it, it was not enough going to need at least 2-3 without lots of armor mods).

As for most moronic lets see., all perks in agility, nothing else. You'll run fast, jump high, have high stamina, but be completly useless at anything else, no cooking, no vechicles, though u can prob swing a bike with +2 int glasses, and a greese monkey perk magazine. Most of the perception perks are useless other than, the head shot mult, and run and gun, and the base stat for a bit more damage. No str means, crappy melee/block dmg, crappy yeilds on harvesting, poor inv space. No fort, well, your pretty much a walking skeleton XD.

I also feel that huntsman and living off the land should be combined into 1 perk insted of 2 seperate ones.

Also head crusher doesn't seem to work for knives, and I don't know how reliable the bleed damage is, as I can never get the health bars to work on zombies, I know about needing Debug mode, but what do I uncomment out in the xml's to enable it?

This isin't about perks and such, but I feel the agi and perception stats need some flair added to them to make them more worth it. Maybe +stam regen 0.5/s per agi (with the final point adding 1 for a total of +5/s), as for perception... I don't know what we could add to the stat to make it better. All the gun specific perks kinda need a work over, as they aren't that attractive at all, not when you could just take run n gun. Maybe the automatic one is nice with its stam regen, that with run and gun means you could fight a horde on the ground and always stay out of their reach.

What is the point of the rep system if it's use is shoehorned into weird contests as a reward? Somebody making a build that others like doesn't mean that abusive/inflammatory/outright bad posting is excused.

Used to be that seeing a red dot next to somebody's name meant they could be largely ignored but now the waters have been muddied by stunts like this and the rep promotion thread where the same people circle repped each other.

EDIT: I spent 20 points on this post.

What is the point of the rep system if it's use is shoehorned into weird contests as a reward? Somebody making a build that others like doesn't mean that abusive/inflammatory/outright bad posting is excused.

Used to be that seeing a red dot next to somebody's name meant they could be largely ignored but now the waters have been muddied by stunts like this and the rep promotion thread where the same people circle repped each other.

EDIT: I spent 20 points on this post.

Ronald made me do it

2 - Marksmanship

2 - Explosive Weapons (i dont always blow myself up, but when i do, its with a rocket launcher on horde night)

------------

4 points

Strength

1 - Heavy Metal (find yourself a sledge and combine with charging bull for max effect!!)

-----------

1 point

2 - Fortitude

2 - Heavy Armor (use lots of heavy armor. after all, you have lots of stamina to spare)

2 - Intrinsic Immunity (infection is the least of your worries at this point)

2 - Self medicated (those drugs aren't gonna take themselves)

-----------

8 points

2 - Agility

2 - Olympic Swimmer (sounds logical, humans are 99% water after all)

2 - Charging Bull (what could possibly go wrong?)

----------

6 points

Intellect

1 - Charismatic Nature (who needs friends?)

----------

1 point

how to spec: (in order)

Charismatic Nature (1)

Marksmanship (2 & 3)

Olympic Swimmer (4)

Explosive Weapons (5 & 6)

Charging Bull (7)

Heavy Metal (8)

Heavy Armor (9)

Agility (10)

Fortitude (11)

Intrinsic Immunity (12)

Fortitude (13)

Heavy Armor (14)

Intrinsic Immunity (15)

Self Medicated (16 & 17)

Agility (18)

Olympic Swimmer (19)

Charging Bull (20)

hopefully i got the order right

Enjoy Roland!!

Single Player Only...

2 points to Intellect

2 points to Intellect

2 points to Intellect

3 points to Intellect

2 points to Fortitude

2 points to Fortitude

BTW... if it's a single player game, it would be nice to have something in place of Charismatic Nature.

This might be the winner.

I can't really think of a dumber way to spend points.

This might be the winner.

I can't really think of a dumber way to spend points.

Agreed but I want to spend them as I gain them and not save up unspent points and play to level 80 in order to unlock Tier 9 of Intellect. I guess I should edit the first page and also change how we do it so people who hold rep sacred won't feel like I'm blaspheming in this thread.

Single Player Only...

2 points to Intellect

2 points to Intellect

2 points to Intellect

3 points to Intellect

2 points to Fortitude

2 points to Fortitude

i believe you would need to be level 80 or so to spec that much into Intellect.

^^

ninja'd

yeah, what Roland said.

Agreed but I want to spend them as I gain them and not save up unspent points and play to level 80 in order to unlock Tier 9 of Intellect. I guess I should edit the first page and also change how we do it so people who hold rep sacred won't feel like I'm blaspheming in this thread.

You cannot truly appreciate the joys of level-gating unless you do this.

You cannot truly appreciate a perk for multiplayer in single player unless you do this.

Archived