So this is where roland said to go to gripe about a17 and the early release...

Scyris

Still annoyed at why streamers get first access to a17, release it for all on friday. Its bull♥♥♥♥ that they get access to it first for no damn good reason.

If, at this exact moment, the stream team is cancelled, we still don't get it till Monday. Spend the weekend not watching any streams and NOTHING in your life will be any different than if the stream team didn't exist.

Plus, market your game the way you want. Until then stop acting so entitled.

Still annoyed at why streamers get first access to a17, release it for all on friday. Its bull♥♥♥♥ that they get access to it first for no damn good reason.

Just don't say that in a streamers stream.

I tried. I pointed out modders should get access at the same time (but not be allowed to stream) so we can start poking and prodding.

I got absolutely ripped to shreds, even though most of those streamers wouldn't be playing if they didn't have mods.

If, at this exact moment, the stream team is cancelled, we still don't get it till Monday. Spend the weekend not watching any streams and NOTHING in your life will be any different than if the stream team didn't exist.

Plus, market your game the way you want. Until then shut up and stop acting so entitled.

Its not that. I Just don't see why it can't be released to all at the same time, its not like current fans need to have the game marketed to them again, we already have it. People will still be streaming a17e even after its released to all, so they might as well just have released it to all to begin with on the same date. People who don't have the game and are curious will still check it out even if its released to everyone on the same day, so again I don't see any real reason why streamers get special early access for.

Give me one good valid reason why a certan group of players should get special access to it days before the rest, when it'd be the same thing if we all got it on the same date, you could still have the streamer thing. If anyone is acting entitled it'd be the streamers in my eyes.

If the streamer thing was cancelled and we still don't get it till monday? thats fine with me, because at least everyone then gets access to it at the same time. Insted of a few streamers getting it early, while all the rest of the players/fans get shafted.

Just don't say that in a streamers stream.

I tried. I pointed out modders should get access at the same time (but not be allowed to stream) so we can start poking and prodding.

I got absolutely ripped to shreds, even though most of those streamers wouldn't be playing if they didn't have mods.

Most (but not all) streamers are self entitled asshats that only care about money these days. The bigger said streamer is, the more like this they tend to be I notice. But yeah, I could see you getting ripped pretty hard by streamers fanboys if you take away their streamers entitlement.

Its not that. I Just don't see why it can't be released to all at the same time, its not like current fans need to have the game marketed to them again, we already have it. People will still be streaming a17e even after its released to all, so they might as well just have released it to all to begin with on the same date. People who don't have the game and are curious will still check it out even if its released to everyone on the same day, so again I don't see any real reason why streamers get special early access for.

Give me one good valid reason why a certan group of players should get special access to it days before the rest, when it'd be the same thing if we all got it on the same date, you could still have the streamer thing. If anyone is acting entitled it'd be the streamers in my eyes.

If the streamer thing was cancelled and we still don't get it till monday? thats fine with me, because at least everyone then gets access to it at the same time. Insted of a few streamers getting it early, while all the rest of the players/fans get shafted.

Because the fans don't matter. It's all an attempt to get more sales for new money. The existing playerbase as you said is already sold. They want to use this for new money, which is why they said they would only allow streamers with over 5k followers to stream it (if they've changed that to the stream team which is no longer much of a team, I don't know). So just understand if you already bought the game and supported the game, or gifted copies of the game yourself, or talked bunches of people into buying it as an existing core streamer of it... you mean less than the potential for new money to the developers.

Because the fans don't matter. It's all an attempt to get more sales for new money. The existing playerbase as you said is already sold. They want to use this for new money, which is why they said they would only allow streamers with over 5k followers to stream it (if they've changed that to the stream team which is no longer much of a team, I don't know). So just understand if you already bought the game and supported the game, or gifted copies of the game yourself, or talked bunches of people into buying it as an existing core streamer of it... you mean less than the potential for new money to the developers.

I get that, but I don't see how denying the rest of us from playing a17e helps, or hurts that in anyway. The big streamers can still stream it, and still help get them sales even if everyone had it released to them at the same time. So again, I still don't see the point. It being released to all is not going to make any diffrence in my eyes in terms of marketing. If anything it'd help it, more people talking about it, the better it can be. Ahh well, I guess i'll drop it as its not going to change, not this close anyway.

Here's hoping there aren't any major issues so the rest of us can finally have a go at it on the 19th.

Last warning. Derailing this particular thread to trash talk about other 7Days fans will earn you a ban until the whole thing is over as far as I’m concerned. Go spout your envy in a different thread. Last chance.

I'm curious what envy you're referring to good sir?

- - - Updated - - -

You do know that "new money" you're crying about is what's going to fund future updates, right? So if you want more updates you probably shouldn't complain about them trying to bring in more players.

They've already stated this is the second to last update to going gold. Joel has already stated that they will be gold by the end of 2019. I'm not attempting to derail anything with this, but I mean, you should keep up with all the news about the game bud.

So this is where roland said to go to gripe about a17 and the early release...

I figured I'd just start the thread because they don't want their carefully planned and intelligently thought out announcement... of posting a locked poll instead of just making a new thread with the announcement, or having fearless leader post a twitter update...

Seriously, as I've said a million times, the way things are handled here make no sense. Though to expound on my previous statement in the other thread.

They do not care about old money or old supporters. I just can't wait till they get this game done so modders can do all the things the devs have refused to do. They just want large enough streamers showing off their product to be able to generate more sales. Before some other genius comes in and says that the new sales will push further updates... this game has at most one more update in it, and was promised to be gold in 2019 by Joel. So the fact that this game has already generated an insane amount of money for an indie title with a minuscule development team, makes you wonder what's going on.

Now, most intelligent companies, would look for creative or constructive criticism to help them not piss off their existing fan base, but these guys are only in it for the money.

I'll await my ban or whatever for having an opinion about a product that I've not only bought 3 copies of on all available platforms, but also gifted over 25 copies through my stream... because you already have my money, I don't matter.

Hi, I'm a streamer, friends with most of the main folks in the 7 days director, and usually when I'm playing hold a spot in the top 5 on twitch.

It's not the hatred of new players bud, it's the general handling of things. You've been around for all of 4 months based on your join date my friend. I'm glad you didn't see all the things that came before you.

About Envy:

I remember when MM said that allowing streamers to stream for A16 was out of respect and thanks, for showing 7D2D on a regular basis (and probably showing people new and interesting ways to play the game too).

So, MM hasn't changed, for A17 he will again, out of respect and thanks for people who showed the game (or have the discipline to stream regularly) give them a boost as they have or will give TFP a boost.

Its simply the right thing to do (of course most of us know, doing the right thing is rarely a simple task). :)

Ok, here an answer to the question you and Siveria asked:

We don't get it at the same time as the streamers because we are the audience for the streams the streamers will show on the weekend.

Not all of us, probably neither you nor Siveria nor me. But lots and lots of people will watch the streams who would otherwise just play the game if the game was available.

This is part of the deal, make the streamers happy with a exclusive deal and a large audience. Get advertisement for free.

You are not at all helpingTFP with your critisism, you are just making a monumental fuss over a measly 3 days which makes you look silly. Hopefully you will someday have your own bussiness. Maybe you'll understand then that for a deal with someone you have to give something to get something. There is no free lunch. And there is no free advertisement.

Ok, let me ask you this question mega, if you could, would you rather have a bunch of streamers who knew nothing about the game playing the game, or people who knew about the game playing the game? Currently if you look through the list of streamers who were picked for the stream early release, there was no requirement of any time played on 7 days to die, solely 5k followers. I could give a rats behind about the early release, I'm enjoying Fallout 76, and will probably be a while before I go back to this game. It's about the misinformation, misleading statements, and pure dismissive attitude they have about the existing player base.

We have a date, its close. Why does it even matter anymore. Life is too short to spend it on getting upset over something like this. Yes I used to be upset over this sort of thing, but in the end on Monday afternoon none of it will matter. We will all have access to it.

Yup and well said.

I do plan checking out the guys that are fun to watch and hopefully it serves the purpose of adding more interest for the game (and money) so TFP can do more fun stuff!

Jax, while I appreciate that stance, and I truly do respect it. For me it's not about just the timing of this issue and the 3 days with the streamers. As I said, I'm enjoying Fallout and probably wouldn't skip it to play this. My grudge/gripe whatever is the fact that they aren't actually giving a rats rear end about the existing playerbase. As I said, if there had been some requirement in the sign ups that said you had to have at least played 100 hours of 7 days to die to qualify for the early access I'd be fine with it. They just want streamers with over 5k followers for another hopeful injection of funds, which is a slap in the face, in my opinion, to people like me who have streamed this game when the directory was dead for the last year, regardless of what I thought it could do for my stream. That's my main issue bud.

Ok, let me ask you this question mega, if you could, would you rather have a bunch of streamers who knew nothing about the game playing the game, or people who knew about the game playing the game? Currently if you look through the list of streamers who were picked for the stream early release, there was no requirement of any time played on 7 days to die, solely 5k followers. I could give a rats behind about the early release, I'm enjoying Fallout 76, and will probably be a while before I go back to this game. It's about the misinformation, misleading statements, and pure dismissive attitude they have about the existing player base.

Easy answer, I don't care what the streamers know of the game because I will not watch any streamer. I never have.

But lets say, someone put a pistol to my head and said: "Watch". Then I probably would select a streamer that is a) not acting like his blood is half filled with adrenaline and talking all the time and b) has never played the game. Because I like humor and seeing someone make silly mistakes would have at least some schadenfreude humour involved.

Picking streamers that have never played the game is the best move TFP can do, by the way. Because the normal audience of these streamers is the prime target to get new people interested in the game. The audience of streamers who play 7days regularely either already has the game or is not interested.

Sure, play Fallout 76, because Bethesda is this fantastic company that never does anything for the money. Oh wait, they just f*** (that should read "forgot" naturally :cocksure:) their Fallout fanbase with 76, because multiplayer sells.

You say misleading statements? Strange, TFP (aka Roland) had told us about the streamer weekend half a year ago and everything he said then is the same he says now, to my knowledge. What misleading statement are you refering to?

Good boy.

Grudgingly following directions even with dripping sarcasm is better than nothing. You can spend the next five days here griping. That way everyone can have their own type of fun until Monday.

But even here forum rules apply and all the streamers on the list are also fans of the game and part of our community. So if there is any more insulting language or namecalling to go with your criticism then there will be bans.

Your cute little “I’ll wait for my ban now” won’t come by way of your critical opinion. It will come by way of breaking the rules. So I’ll just say I’ve got my finger on the ban button for the moment someone gets insulting. I already gave one pass for Silvera’s asshat insults in the dev diary but no more.

Just wanted to be clear why your ban will come when it does so when you make a negative review on steam and claim it was because the mods don’t allow criticism and you were banned for simply saying you don’t like the stream event I’ve preemptively called you on that particular bs.

Archived