So this is where roland said to go to gripe about a17 and the early release...

Scyris

Just a heads up there are two people right now in the directory that I saw who have less than 500 followers and seem to be streaming solo... so guess the whole thing of giving out the code was the silliest thing they could have done huh? It really shows their dedication to the real streamers... Kappa

With "directory" do you mean the official list of streamers?

It might have been possible to buy followers just for a month to fool Rolands selection process.

If they are not on the list, the most likely explanation would be that they too got access from a streamer with >5000 followers.

Having spent the weekend watching streamers i got the impression this was going to be great make-over from previous alpha's - Each streamer made it look difficult and engaging. They illuminated the so called increased difficulty that i have yet to see. (I am 5 days in and the closest iv come to death running in to a radiated zone with no warning at 1725N and E) Iv been playing since A8, and this♥♥♥♥♥♥is was easier in every way.

Points of interest:

1) Encumbrance: i stated several times i did not like the new system as i saw it. I felt as though it should have been based on weight, with perks to counter the negative affect. The results would have been the same, but a bit more realistic than having a single seed weigh us down.

2) The weapon overhual..uhg.. In the first 5 minutes i had 2 handguns, a hunting rifle, sniper, and a ak wityh all the ammo to wipe out a small town. If feels too easy and with no sense of achievement.

3) The looting im ok with. The game now strongly encourages you to roam for your loot where as previous alpha's you would park just outside a town and live there until you got bored. I think this new system encourages grouping and increases the chance for community.

4) Iv not been a fan of the physics for any of these games for at least 3+ years. It just seems silly. In these cases, more is not better.

5) Personally i like the leveling/skill tree system. it feels like the old rpg games, but with guns, blades ect.

All in all i think its fine. Its early and some adjusting is to ve expected. I think the PIMP's have left the game to the modders to improve the overall experience, and im sure they will. But for its base game in experimental....4/10 for me.

Archived