So this is where roland said to go to gripe about a17 and the early release...

Scyris

For those of us that have been here since the beginning, this is like spitting in my face. If anyone "deserves" to get the game first it should be those that were here in Alpha 1, but I still see no reason not to make it an open release for everyone to enjoy for the weekend. I don't watch others play 7DTD, so it goes without saying that I will not be watching this weekend, because I am a player. Having been a supporter from the beginning I disagree with the release to select individuals. That is the kind of thing you do for an early access title's first release, i.e. A1, which was NOT the case for 7DTD A1 because it was open to ALL of the supporters. I know this won't change how TFP will release A17, but I want you all to know that we have the right to speak our minds on this, whether TFP is listening or not. We need to make sure we rally together to keep this from happening for A18, and if TFP continues to behave this way then we need to start a collective negative media campaign against them so they will know without a doubt that the over 2 million of us that have supported them along the way are the reason they have made every alpha version of this game.

With that said, bad move pimps.

Lol. Entitled much? Let me say it again.....Lol

For those of us that have been here since the beginning, this is like spitting in my face. If anyone "deserves" to get the game first it should be those that were here in Alpha 1, but I still see no reason not to make it an open release for everyone to enjoy for the weekend. I don't watch others play 7DTD, so it goes without saying that I will not be watching this weekend, because I am a player. Having been a supporter from the beginning I disagree with the release to select individuals. That is the kind of thing you do for an early access title's first release, i.e. A1, which was NOT the case for 7DTD A1 because it was open to ALL of the supporters. I know this won't change how TFP will release A17, but I want you all to know that we have the right to speak our minds on this, whether TFP is listening or not. We need to make sure we rally together to keep this from happening for A18, and if TFP continues to behave this way then we need to start a collective negative media campaign against them so they will know without a doubt that the over 2 million of us that have supported them along the way are the reason they have made every alpha version of this game.

You definitely have the right to speak your opinion, even if it's a negative one.

Many people - myself included, have the opposite opinion, have no issue with a mere 3 day delay to A17, and will continue to support TFP's efforts to complete the game.

You definitely have the right to speak your opinion, even if it's a negative one.

Many people - myself included, have the opposite opinion, have no issue with a mere 3 day delay to A17, and will continue to support TFP's efforts to complete the game.

It's not a delay. Its been stated numerous times that we wouild get it on a Monday/Tuesday instead of a Friday with or without a stream event.

I want KhaineGB to notice that I don't really have a problem with this post. I disagree with it, but aside from a few, minor "should" statements, it's just his opinion and stating what he would prefer. He even says "like spitting in my face" instead of "our face." Kudos.

Anyway, Thoddius, it's not much different than a movie premier: The media get special access and write up their thoughts, then three days later, the rest of the people get to watch. Maybe you are not the type to read movie reviews, but that doesn't change the structure of the release.

You won't buy that metaphor or understand how accurate it is, but the metaphor is there for you if you want to take it and save yourself some frustration.

We need to make sure we rally together to keep this from happening for A18, and if TFP continues to behave this way then we need to start a collective negative media campaign against them so they will know without a doubt that the over 2 million of us that have supported them along the way are the reason they have made every alpha version of this game.

That would be interesting to witness. The opposition was much fiercer before the Alpha 16 release but when we did the event it turned out very positively. Afterward many who were initially opposed changed their minds. I realize not all did but the opposition was much lighter this time around and really seems limited to people who really don't like the whole streamer scene in the first place. So if this event turns out to be a great thing then I really expect the pool of those in favor to grow and the pool of those opposed to shrink until it reaches whatever number of people will never change their mind about the entertainment value of streaming.

The whole streaming scene is growing faster and faster and people who like streaming (and there are legions) are excited about the event. They actually prefer watching it to playing it as long as they know they'll get it a couple days later. They WANT to see what happens to their favorite streamers as they experience A17 and value experiencing together in a big happy chat room more than they care about experiencing it alone for the first time. Then there are all the ambivalent people who aren't into streaming but aren't triggered by it. They may wish they had it first but without any negative feelings about streamers they get that a publicity event like this can be good to promote the game and bring in new players and after all it's just three days. I hear this response from the most and these people just aren't angry enough to want to try and work against The Fun Pimps and see their efforts fail. The people you will try to collect on your crusade to end it are pretty much those who can't type the word streamer without adding a pejorative adjective and who can't stand the whole culture of watching someone else play instead of playing on their own.

It is inevitable that as time goes on and new gamers come into the hobby more and more of them are going to be attracted to the streamer culture and that whole form of entertainment. That is simply what the trend shows. Really what it comes down to is what the steam charts show at the public release. A lot of detractors have been predicting a flaccid release due to too long of a release schedule, so many recent negative reviews, lots of other AAA games to play right now, and bad forum moderators banning people for no good reason. I'm really feeling a lot of anticipation to look at the steam charts next week and see if we set all new records or if those beating on the doom and gloom drums for the last six months will be correct.

So go for it. Maybe those who actually want another streamer event before A18 can also rally to make sure it does happen and then we'll see what portions of the over 2 million of us will make what happen. (Oops...Neeb's Gaming has over 1.7 million streamer fans all by themselves and that's just one channel....)

Why are you trying to set off Thoddius? Why?

Thoddius? I just read Guppy's remark. Maybe the joke is too soon....

Of course, then I read backwards and found Thoddius. I don't have a problem with Thoddius other than that he dreams of a plan to work against TFP. I think it is a bit strange to call oneself a loyal fan since the beginning but then express hopes that the company they are loyal to will fail. Thoddius didn't say this but someone else in his camp stated that they hope the game crashes all weekend long. Loyalty.

But he seems to sincerely believe the event is wrongful to existing customers so I think he should try his campaign to stop future streamer events. I, myself am in the ambivalence camp on streaming. The crazy ones that Guppy has described I don't care for but some of the people who stream are downright interesting people and the banter that happens in the chat when you know people, is a lot of fun. It's funny. People have been screaming for 16 months for news and any tidbit of information they can possibly get and for gameplay videos to be released weekly and now during one weekend they suddenly don't want anything spoiled. Weird.

I'm sorry if my joke about watching streamers early was offensive. I didn't really expect anyone to take it seriously.

That would be interesting to witness. The opposition was much fiercer before the Alpha 16 release but when we did the event it turned out very positively. Afterward many who were initially opposed changed their minds. I realize not all did but the opposition was much lighter this time around and really seems limited to people who really don't like the whole streamer scene in the first place. So if this event turns out to be a great thing then I really expect the pool of those in favor to grow and the pool of those opposed to shrink until it reaches whatever number of people will never change their mind about the entertainment value of streaming.

The whole streaming scene is growing faster and faster and people who like streaming (and there are legions) are excited about the event. They actually prefer watching it to playing it as long as they know they'll get it a couple days later. They WANT to see what happens to their favorite streamers as they experience A17 and value experiencing together in a big happy chat room more than they care about experiencing it alone for the first time. Then there are all the ambivalent people who aren't into streaming but aren't triggered by it. They may wish they had it first but without any negative feelings about streamers they get that a publicity event like this can be good to promote the game and bring in new players and after all it's just three days. I hear this response from the most and these people just aren't angry enough to want to try and work against The Fun Pimps and see their efforts fail. The people you will try to collect on your crusade to end it are pretty much those who can't type the word streamer without adding a pejorative adjective and who can't stand the whole culture of watching someone else play instead of playing on their own.

It is inevitable that as time goes on and new gamers come into the hobby more and more of them are going to be attracted to the streamer culture and that whole form of entertainment. That is simply what the trend shows. Really what it comes down to is what the steam charts show at the public release. A lot of detractors have been predicting a flaccid release due to too long of a release schedule, so many recent negative reviews, lots of other AAA games to play right now, and bad forum moderators banning people for no good reason. I'm really feeling a lot of anticipation to look at the steam charts next week and see if we set all new records or if those beating on the doom and gloom drums for the last six months will be correct.

So go for it. Maybe those who actually want another streamer event before A18 can also rally to make sure it does happen and then we'll see what portions of the over 2 million of us will make what happen. (Oops...Neeb's Gaming has over 1.7 million streamer fans all by themselves and that's just one channel....)

Too bad Neebs is playing FO76 and someone mentioned they may wait until Stable to record their videos. :yo:

Too bad Neebs is playing FO76 and someone mentioned they may wait until Stable to record their videos. :yo:

Yes, they messaged me with their regrets but also desiring to have us let them know what they could do to help promote 7 Days to Die in the future. In all of my correspondence with them they have acted very much from the position of using their leverage to promote and help indie game company's. It has always been whatever they can do to help us rather than what we can do to help them. Very classy fellows who are passionate about the whole game industry.

I wasn't really referencing them in regards to this weekend specifically. I was talking about that if there ever was to be a campaign to end future streaming events and an opposing one to continue future streaming events there are quite a few on the side of wanting to continue these events. I guess only going through with it would actually reveal the relative sizes of the camps.

Thoddius? I just read Guppy's remark. Maybe the joke is too soon....

It was just funny because Thoddius said that the A1 people deserve something special, but he said that he does not watch streamers. Your special offer for the A1 faithful: watching streamers. I actually thought it was a pointed jab. (You know I'm not really worried about these people.)

It's the buggiest 3 days of a17E. You will survive and it will be ok. Any true rager would just remove the game and have nothing to do with it. I mean, right? Honestly? If you're gonna cause a stink don't just dip your toe in or what is it more than just old school qq?

The best part is the folks to heart attack like this are likely the first to complain about bugs, broken saves (while never starting fresh on updates) or something else.

in pimps we trust.

Yes, they messaged me with their regrets but also desiring to have us let them know what they could do to help promote 7 Days to Die in the future. In all of my correspondence with them they have acted very much from the position of using their leverage to promote and help indie game company's. It has always been whatever they can do to help us rather than what we can do to help them. Very classy fellows who are passionate about the whole game industry.

I wasn't really referencing them in regards to this weekend specifically. I was talking about that if there ever was to be a campaign to end future streaming events and an opposing one to continue future streaming events there are quite a few on the side of wanting to continue these events. I guess only going through with it would actually reveal the relative sizes of the camps.

Streaming events are good, but not imo when the rest get shafted and have to wait longer for the game/patch because of one. Thats my opinion on it anyway, its more the principal than the time delay. I still can't see any valid reason why it can't be released to all today (nov 16th) and still have the streaming event. I mean how is the current playerbase getting it the same time as the streamers going to hurt anything?

Just give me a good reason and then i'll be a-ok about it. Marketing doesn't count as you could market it in the same way releasing it to all and still having the streamer event. I mean is it because the streamers ego might get hurt or something?

When A16-e was released to streamers first, it was a Thank You to them for supporting TFP. The added number of views helped them financially.

Now, its partially that plus trying to get more people to buy the game so TFP can continue with 7D2D and the second game that has been hinted at after 2019. Loyalty is a big deal to TFP.

When A16-e was released to streamers first, it was a Thank You to them for supporting TFP. The added number of views helped them financially.

Now, its partially that plus trying to get more people to buy the game so TFP can continue with 7D2D and the second game that has been hinted at after 2019. Loyalty is a big deal to TFP.

Again, I don't see how letting everyone have it on the same day would effect that at all. If anything you'd have even more free marketing from even more people streaming it, so its a win-win. Not to mention word of mouth from all the people who have the game talking about it creating more buzz. So there is even more of a reason to release it to all at once.

About the only harm i'd see it doing is less money in the pocket of the streamers that were picked to stream it early. Due to less people watching=less ad revenue/possible subs if on twitch. Then again, they make way to much money as it is, I really should start streaming, it does look like easy money, and its something I can do from home.

Again, I don't see how letting everyone have it on the same day would effect that at all. If anything you'd have even more free marketing from even more people streaming it, so its a win-win. Not to mention word of mouth from all the people who have the game talking about it creating more buzz.

With YouTube, videos become more "visible" as the number of viewers, comments and likes increase. So we would help the streams directly and help TFP indirectly by watching the streamers. Also, a few videos with large viewer bases would be more effective than a lot of videos that have little "visibility".

With YouTube, videos become more "visible" as the number of viewers, comments and likes increase. So we would help the streams directly and help TFP indirectly by watching the streamers. Also, a few videos with large viewer bases would be more effective than a lot of videos that have little "visibility".

I know, but the big streamers/youtubers will still be posting videos and such even if everyone got it the same time, and people tend to go to the more well known ones then some random joe on youtube. I guess it would saturate the list a little bit if it was open to all. All that hurts though is the again the youtube/streamers income. I don't see how it'd hurt TFP. Unless I am missing something here, if someone would point it out that'd be great.

Hey siv. I'd love for you to stop by my stream. I'm being incredibly selfish again this Christmas season raising money to feed the homeless. I'm using this event to drum up support for it.

I'd love to have you there. considering we are all here for views and money, and haven't helped sell thousands of copies of a game through our videos. You can see for yourself how selfish and ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s we all are.

Without that early access, i wouldn't have quite the push to raise money (we raised 5.5k and fed over 2000 people in 6 months) and this helps us with that. But you're right, we shouldn't get early access to showcase the game as a thank you (give and take) for what we do for the industry.

and before anyone wants to try to argue that content creators don't have a huge sway on gaming markets, you should really do your research first.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinanderton/2018/01/14/the-business-of-video-games-streamers-and-refereum/#2db772536617

It's really only 3 days, just because some people have built a following and worked hard to get their channel to the point developers are approaching them with offers doesn't mean they shouldn't have early access. I get tons of emails every week from companies willing to do this.

7 days is the only place i've ever seen the community bitch so much about 3 days of early access for a select group of hard workers who earned their positions in the market.

A lot of us are here because we love what we do, and happened to become successful at it.

And don't even dare call me a shill, or defending. I've been banned twice. right roland?

Hey siv. I'd love for you to stop by my stream. I'm being incredibly selfish again this Christmas season raising money to feed the homeless. I'm using this event to drum up support for it.

I'd love to have you there. considering we are all here for views and money, and haven't helped sell thousands of copies of a game through our videos. You can see for yourself how selfish and ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s we all are.

Without that early access, i wouldn't have quite the push to raise money (we raised 5.5k and fed over 2000 people in 6 months) and this helps us with that. But you're right, we shouldn't get early access to showcase the game as a thank you (give and take) for what we do for the industry.

and before anyone wants to try to argue that content creators don't have a huge sway on gaming markets, you should really do your research first.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinanderton/2018/01/14/the-business-of-video-games-streamers-and-refereum/#2db772536617

It's really only 3 days, just because some people have built a following and worked hard to get their channel to the point developers are approaching them with offers doesn't mean they shouldn't have early access. I get tons of emails every week from companies willing to do this.

7 days is the only place i've ever seen the community bitch so much about 3 days of early access for a select group of hard workers who earned their positions in the market.

A lot of us are here because we love what we do, and happened to become successful at it.

And don't even dare call me a shill, or defending. I've been banned twice. right roland?

Another one who misses the point completly. As for streamers being hard working? you sit there and play videogames like the rest of us, Get off your high horse please. Your just a gamer like the rest of us. Nothing more, nothing less. Were all gamers here.

That said, I still don't see how releasing it to all hurts anyone. Other than streamers wanting to feel special it seems, as you've proven in that post there. Don't get me wrong I watch the odd streamer myself, mostly when I wanna check out a new game to see how it is, better to watch someone actually playing it than some docotored promo video that more often than not looks nothing like the actual game when you play it.

Another one who misses the point completly. As for streamers being hard working? you sit there and play videogames like the rest of us, Get off your high horse please. Your just a gamer like the rest of us. Nothing more, nothing less. Were all gamers here.

That said, I still don't see how releasing it to all hurts anyone. Other than streamers wanting to feel special it seems, as you've proven in that post there.

100% disagree with this, respectfully.

I'm looking into Streaming myself as a hobby and finding out it's a lot more complicated than people think.

Some of the best streamers have scripts, edits, videos to create, tons of social media to update, a lot of information to read to keep up with like technology and political/social climate... and the list goes on.

Sometimes for that three hour stream there's 8 hours of work going on behind the scenes.

Sorry but, can't agree with you one bit.

Archived