Telltale Update

The Fun Pimp

I think the fact that people still post and check this thread all the time after a year since the last update, shows dedication to the game and that the people just want more. But then again, what do i know #theconsumer. Still love the game.

Well said! We are all just frustrated about the situation & are super fans of the game. Just wanna see it grow to its full potential.

We are hanging strong & hoping for the best.

Yeah I keep looking for any news, and nothing has appeared yet.

On the plus side, the hardware specs for the PS5 are looking pretty sweet. X-Box not so much.

and i heard PS5 will support PS4 games. Perhaps we can run our beloved game on new hardware :)...

I created an account just to say I have 3 friends on Xbox and we absolutely love the game but are devastated at Telltale not handing the game back. We still play 7 Days To Die and I check monthly to see if there's been any progress. Keep trying guys, love the game and hopefully you can get the console rights back. We appreciate all the hard work put into the game and all efforts to getting the console versions updated!

I created an account just to say I have 3 friends on Xbox and we absolutely love the game but are devastated at Telltale not handing the game back. We still play 7 Days To Die and I check monthly to see if there's been any progress. Keep trying guys, love the game and hopefully you can get the console rights back. We appreciate all the hard work put into the game and all efforts to getting the console versions updated!

I'm still putting a shed load of time into this game as well, runs great on the 'X' btw, it's a shame this can't be sorted as there's nothing quite like it on console.

Ironically, if you and enough others keep beating that particular drum in your anger you might end up convincing them there is no profit to spending the kind of money it would take to continue the updates even if they obtain the rights. Better tread carefully. They need to believe that there are a lot of console players who care and would encourage friends and family to pick up copies of the game rather than being assured that at this point the market is dead.

Don't shoot yourself in the foot...

Ironically, it is hard encourage anyone about this game with the total lack of info we get regarding 7D2D for console. If TFP truly "need to believe that there are a lot of console players who care" then we need to know that TFP really care about us. Talk with us, ask us questions. That way we would both have a better understanding of what is going on regarding 7D2D for console. As well as if some of us would be willing to purchase a DLC or updates so they know if "spending the kind of money it would take to continue the updates" is worth it. One of your previous posts says to just assume the game isn't going to be updated. So no info or mixed info leads to frustration.

In talking with Martin Goodichin (not sure I spelled his last night right) with Sherwood Partners (650-454-8001) who are handling the assignment for TTG. 7D2D for console isn't even an asset to be bought.

As another poster said, if we didn't care we wouldn't be posting in the console forums.

Ironically, it is hard encourage anyone about this game with the total lack of info we get regarding 7D2D for console.

At this time it makes no sense to encourage anyone. What TFP and Roland have been asking for was mainly patience.

If TFP truly "need to believe that there are a lot of console players who care" then we need to know that TFP really care about us. Talk with us, ask us questions.

Companies as a rule do not talk about ongoing legal matters. And why should TFP ask you questions?

That way we would both have a better understanding of what is going on regarding 7D2D for console. As well as if some of us would be willing to purchase a DLC or updates so they know if "spending the kind of money it would take to continue the updates" is worth it. One of your previous posts says to just assume the game isn't going to be updated. So no info or mixed info leads to frustration.

DLC? Have you seen the ♥♥♥♥storm when Ark made a DLC for an EA game? Even mentioning "DLC" would put TFP in the hot seat.

Roland said (in different words) to assume the worst and hope for the best. Whether he has insider info or not, this is an advice that keeps people in a more relaxed state.

In talking with Martin Goodichin (not sure I spelled his last night right) with Sherwood Partners (650-454-8001) who are handling the assignment for TTG. 7D2D for console isn't even an asset to be bought.

Now THAT is interesting info. Kudos for doing this detective work

It might mean that the 7D2D rights have been kept out of the auction because Telltale assumes there is only one likely bidder (or they are still interested in the licence as income, maybe hoping for more sales when 7D2D on PC releases). So Telltale is still talking directly with TFP and probably wants more money than TFP wants to pay for it. I.e. no progress at all.

The finished auction may or may not create a new situation. If Telltale can pay all debtors from the auction (or strike a deal with the remaining debtors) they might be back as a normal company and in a much better bargaining position. If not, their position will be a lot weaker and they have to strike a deal eventually.

Now this is just an unsubstantiated theory. If I'm right, either we get some news a few weeks after the end of the auction or the wait for real news will be a lot longer.

[Ger/Eng] Eihwaz Geht?!

Today with a multi-language video in german and english, where i try to get news about the console version from Fubar_Prime :cocksure:

Removed Clickbait

I'm not familar with who he is. What is his relation to TTG, TFP, or 7D2D?

Now THAT is interesting info. Kudos for doing this detective work

It might mean that the 7D2D rights have been kept out of the auction because Telltale assumes there is only one likely bidder (or they are still interested in the licence as income, maybe hoping for more sales when 7D2D on PC releases). So Telltale is still talking directly with TFP and probably wants more money than TFP wants to pay for it. I.e. no progress at all.

The finished auction may or may not create a new situation. If Telltale can pay all debtors from the auction (or strike a deal with the remaining debtors) they might be back as a normal company and in a much better bargaining position. If not, their position will be a lot weaker and they have to strike a deal eventually.

Now this is just an unsubstantiated theory. If I'm right, either we get some news a few weeks after the end of the auction or the wait for real news will be a lot longer.

Based on that information I agree with your theory. 7D2D console publishing rights aren't for sale because TFP probably has that tied up legally and contractually. Would be difficult if not impossible for another 3rd party to even bid on it.

This is good news on the one hand because TFP might still retain enough rights that they can eventually regain full publishing rights back. From there they could self-publish or resell the rights to a new publisher.

Its bad news on the other hand because if TFP were/are the only ones who can go after those publishing rights and haven't gotten them back yet, then it definitely means that either TTG is asking too much, or they just can't simply agree with each other at all on a price point. By now as the sole real "bidder" TFP would have the rights back. Since they don't have them, it means the negotiations are at a stalemate. A state that could go on for a very long time. By the time there is a resolution we could well beyond the IP being worth the effort to rework from a profitability perspective.

As Roland said assume console is finished and the issue of future updates is dead. I'm inclined to agree. Could be years at this point before (if they ever do) TFP gets console rights back. Even if they finally did it would be far too late to do anything with it for the current 7D2D. Perhaps a sequel in the distant future, but that is also unlikely since TFP purportedly intends to move on to a new non-7D2D project once the PC version is complete.

Nobody really. He has no relation or connections I am aware of. This is just click bait advertising to get views. Since people can make money from people watching their videos, they like to throw links up everywhere they can.

Nobody really. He has no relation or connections I am aware of. This is just click bait advertising to get views. Since people can make money from people watching their videos, they like to throw links up everywhere they can.

Makes sense. Looked like just a random streamer. No way that he should know anything and if he did, there would be nothing stopping him from sharing.

An alternative theory based on 7D2D rights not being part of current auction assets... People aren't going to like this. TFP might've already resecured console publishing rights, but after evaluating the business case found any further updates wouldn't be financially feasible. As a fan that would be unfortunate, but from a business perspective I would understand.

A future update wouldn't really generate new sales. At best a paid DLC might make some money from the current installed base, but after so many years since release it would be lucky to break even on the investment.

As a general rule customer retention falls off exponentially per DLC and for every month (let alone years) that go by. Even with an update/DLC being reportedly 3/4 completed (by IG) the expense might outweigh the ROI (return on investment). If we are keeping things real.

This is still a strong possibility even if TFP doesn't have the rights back yet, but does still get them back eventually. Same argument applies.

Many are speculating as to the future of 7 Days to Die on consoles and The Fun Pimps wanted to give the community an update. The news of Telltale’s demise and insolvency was both a saddening and shocking event. With no warning, we learned the news the same day as the gaming public.

Upon hearing the news, The Fun Pimps immediately terminated its license agreement with Telltale, which only allowed publishing rights on the console ports of the 7 Days to Die game. The termination also severed Telltale’s rights to any future updates or sequels of the 7 Days to Die franchise.

In the weeks following, we've been working in good faith with the remaining management at Telltale to regain control over the console versions and allow us to provide support and updates on those platforms. So far, these efforts have failed.

Like you, we are incredibly frustrated by what has happened. We are pursuing all options to regain our rights, including legal remedies. Despite the damage that Telltale’s actions have inflicted upon our company and upon our console community, we wanted to let you know that The Fun Pimps are supremely committed to our fans and will continue to support 7 Days to Die game on the PC, as well as continuing efforts to aid console players in the future.

The Fun Pimps will keep you updated as more information becomes available.

so any news, its going on month 6.

Sorry, I was incorrect. I thought the 7D2D console port was not listed in the auction. I was corrected by Trey from Sherwood Partners today. The auction is complete and 7D2D console port was purchased. So someone owns it now, and Sherwood Partners said that buyer wanted to remain anonymous.

So no more need to talk about the auction as the asset was purchased. Sorry I misunderstood that 7D2D console port wasn't listed, it was actually sold. Now like lottery winners we will wait for some kind of announcement. Wonder who it will be........

Wonder how long we will have to wait for someone to tell us why they bought it and what their plans are for it.

Fubar_prime is Prime from TFP. I'm not sure what else he's worked on, but when he was doing a Q&A before the A17E release he mentioned working on the Quest and Electricity systems.

Sorry, I was incorrect. I thought the 7D2D console port was not listed in the auction. I was corrected by Trey from Sherwood Partners today. The auction is complete and 7D2D console port was purchased. So someone owns it now, and Sherwood Partners said that buyer wanted to remain anonymous.

So no more need to talk about the auction as the asset was purchased. Sorry I misunderstood that 7D2D console port wasn't listed, it was actually sold. Now like lottery winners we will wait for some kind of announcement. Wonder who it will be........

Wonder how long we will have to wait for someone to tell us why they bought it and what their plans are for it.

Happen to have proof of this, or?

Ironically, it is hard encourage anyone about this game with the total lack of info we get regarding 7D2D for console. If TFP truly "need to believe that there are a lot of console players who care" then we need to know that TFP really care about us. Talk with us, ask us questions. That way we would both have a better understanding of what is going on regarding 7D2D for console. As well as if some of us would be willing to purchase a DLC or updates so they know if "spending the kind of money it would take to continue the updates" is worth it. One of your previous posts says to just assume the game isn't going to be updated. So no info or mixed info leads to frustration.

As another poster said, if we didn't care we wouldn't be posting in the console forums.

My original post where I talked to Sherwood Partners. I misunderstood my 1st conversation, with it not being listed. The 650 number is Sherwood Partners if you don’t believe me look it up via google. I had to leave a dozen messages, and I did send a few emails to their [email protected] email address on their website, which you can also find via google.

If you don’t believe me call them and leave a few message about the assignment and you will get a call back. I called to see if I could bid on the 7D2D console port. I guess it is possible Martin or Trey could have been lying to me, but they seemed like legit lawyers and answered some of my questions. Includeing did someone purchase 7D2D for console. Trey said yes, and that the purchaser wanted to remain anonymous otherwise I would have said who bought it.

I am just hoping to find out one way or the other what is going to happen.

@Freestyle604, thank you for posting that information. It's certainly interesting. I can only assume that it was not the TFP who secured the console port otherwise why be anonymous? If that's correct then I suppose it's now up to negotiations between the owner and TFP.

Either way, progress has been made, which is good, and I'm still crafting away at those zombies heads. :)

For all we know, it could still have been TFP who purchased it. Keeping the information hidden is actually a good idea from a PR standpoint. That way they can announce the information when they have the full plan laid out and in place.

Look at it this way, even if they got the license, there is still legal issues to be hashed out, publishing rights, and a lot of talks with Iron Galaxy for continuing the project. (As I stated earlier, contract negotiations just for that could take months.)

Maybe a super intelligent programming gorilla bought the rights. #speculation

....also sounds like its due time to release the 7th day horde....of lawyer zombies!!! A new ps4 exclusive zombie. That explains the delay. #speculation.

-finalEdit-

you debunk me; I just come to get this really important english subs, who dont understand 99% of my videos, I dont get money from ads because I have none or a donation because - yeah they dont understand me. but now its over all my dreams about conquer the world are over ...

in the title - uppercase - fun; fun is over - you "steal my rep point" nothing else.

i always support this game / community etc with my videos for free and didnt get anything for my hours of work ~ it's just offensive. sry that I am not so funny like "idk Prime"... at least it was a video about YOUR game, that is a better advertising than nothing and since I have post it I get less question about console ~ because I told them to wait ... lol

I close this chapter for me now, we know how it will ends.

Archived