Steam forums now a joke?

Oldbolt

Steam needs a Jax.

I tried using my common sense argument twice on the Pimps Facebook when they were getting all stupid about the release date and within 2 hours I had three users pointing out how ugly my wife is and making fun of my home state.

I love the Pimps and this game but F that. Im staying right here where at least I KNOW my crazy. :D

Jesus Christ. That's fracking sad dude.

Tell her she's beautiful.

She got some roses that day, and a new purse ;) Cause I'm that kind of guy who can go purse shopping and be secure enough in my own skin to stare down any punk who would make a joke while i modelled it. :D

Would it be helpful to know the person who made that comment was the very same one who came here and tried to stir up that rally and also found himself with a nice one way ticket to Roland-Andria. Guy was a charmer.

Edit - I better get to spreading that Rep Love

I tried using my common sense argument twice on the Pimps Facebook when they were getting all stupid about the release date and within 2 hours I had three users pointing out how ugly my wife is and making fun of my home state.

I love the Pimps and this game but F that. Im staying right here where at least I KNOW my crazy. :D

That's about the 1.362.700th time I don't get why people still use fakebook. Or halfwitter.

She got some roses that day, and a new purse ;) Cause I'm that kind of guy who can go purse shopping and be secure enough in my own skin to stare down any punk who would make a joke while i modelled it. :D

Would it be helpful to know the person who made that comment was the very same one who came here and tried to stir up that rally and also found himself with a nice one way ticket to Roland-Andria. Guy was a charmer.

Edit - I better get to spreading that Rep Love

Well, you learned a valuable thing.

You now know why you need at the least 2 FB accnts.

1 private access for Fam and loved ones only.

The rest with BS info and pic's that can't get back to your private accnt.

There is a reason the average FB user has 3 accnts in this day and age.

Sorry you and your wife went through that but it became nothing more than another YT with all the trolls sniffing around.

Steam forums have always been a joke, and not just for this game. They're practically unusable, full of trolls, kids, and the illiterate. Sometimes all three in the same poster - a trifecta of idiocy.

They're only a small step above Youtube comments, in that respect.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

The Steam forums look fugly because Steam goes out of their way to make it EXTREMELY OBVIOUS when a thread has been moved or locked. If you let those threads go on it tends to read a lot fuglier than it currently looks though. Sometimes I don't completely understand the difference between what posts the mods think belong in "general questions" instead of "general discussions" when both are related to the game, but it's no bother to just check both subforums to see if there's anything interesting beyond how incompetent TFP are or how much they hate their own customers or are throwing away any good-will they once had from the community. There are a few good discussions but it can be tedious to filter through the chaff. I don't envy the mods.

At least the chaff here tends to be fun. :)

The Steam forums look fugly because Steam goes out of their way to make it EXTREMELY OBVIOUS when a thread has been moved or locked. If you let those threads go on it tends to read a lot fuglier than it currently looks though. Sometimes I don't completely understand the difference between what posts the mods think belong in "general questions" instead of "general discussions" when both are related to the game, but it's no bother to just check both subforums to see if there's anything interesting beyond how incompetent TFP are or how much they hate their own customers or are throwing away any good-will they once had from the community. There are a few good discussions but it can be tedious to filter through the chaff. I don't envy the mods.

At least the chaff here tends to be fun. :)

That´s usally not steam doing this, but actually the devs. F13 has one the worst steam communities and locking did only happen when they posted about a certain topic (Backer skin). Steam themselves only acted in REALLY bad cases, like people threatening others with violence or something like that. Not even the "naming and shaming" threads got locked by them.

That said the 7days forums on steam are a nice and cozy place compared to other games. Still a mess tough.

Maan... I have no words.

Personal attacks like that. That's really low and sad.

I bet some kid out there felt like a strong person for once... Sad...

Well Joe, you ARE here... A forum is kinda a social media :p.

But I get your point.

sorry menace, actually i erased that part from that post... where i said this forum is the closest i will get to social media... guess i should have left it in there :)

i do that quite often... write something and then delete it because some people will always take it the wrong way... again... its because of todays society and how a very very large group of people accept it. :)

sorry menace, actually i erased that part from that post... where i said this forum is the closest i will get to social media... guess i should have left it in there :)

i do that quite often... write something and then delete it because some people will always take it the wrong way... again... its because of todays society and how a very very large group of people accept it. :)

True. Sad isn't it. We are devolving when everyone thinks, others automatically answer negatively.

If you're not sure, then its equally likely positive. So why go negative?

Protecting oneself from.... What?

That´s usally not steam doing this, but actually the devs. F13 has one the worst steam communities and locking did only happen when they posted about a certain topic (Backer skin). Steam themselves only acted in REALLY bad cases, like people threatening others with violence or something like that. Not even the "naming and shaming" threads got locked by them.

That said the 7days forums on steam are a nice and cozy place compared to other games. Still a mess tough.

That's not actually what I was trying to refer to, though. I meant that it "looks" ugly because Steam's forum design uses those high contrast black graphics to show that a post has been moved or locked, not that Steam is sending people around to lock threads(I'm not sure I've ever actually seen Steam mods lock anything that wasn't in a general Steam discussion). So when the 7Days mods do their thing and keep the forum clean it ends up having those giant black bars everywhere for a while.

In most other forums I've been to, locked and moved threads just get a small note or icon to show what has happened instead of painting up the the whole screen in high-contrast colors. The fact that so much of that occurs on the 7DtD forum is because of the sorts of posts that people make of course. Most Steam forums could actually use a lot more useless threads locked.

Hopefully A17's release will mean a bit less of that for a few months, at least after the "I told you so" and "This was all we got?!" and "You broke my favorite thing" threads die out.

Unsure of your age, but I'll take a stab in the dark and say..

Welcome to adult hood! Prepare to ensure the wave upon wave of what we now refer to as.. millenials. ;d

I'm 39, but that hardly matters...

Bad parenting can never be excused. Should be some kind of penalty here...

Arrgh, I want this! Who do I have to complain to, in order to make it happen? :p

Archived