Base Design

KingSlayerGM

Hi guys,

I would like to share my current base. So new players can draw inspiration and veterans can suggest improvements!

JBlOmK5.jpg

The horde night system is described here https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?83218-Best-Horde-Night-Defense.

Then I have a multi level base with a color system and elevators to move up and down quickly. If you don't know how elevators work just google "7DTD hatch elevator".

The floors:

• YELLOW is iron bars floor, just to look down
  • RED chests and working floor
  • GREEN farm 1
  • LIGHT BLUE farm 2
  • BROW tree farm
  • BLUE roof, solar panels and generators

Electricity runs from the roof to each level.

A different views

hBImRRi.jpg

Internal views

Base

1Udm22o.jpg

Working area

N1X3dDv.jpg

Trees

MOLVpZt.jpg

Roof

mc8BW4z.jpg

Do you like it?

It is very good because random hordes just walk right underneath it without touching anything.

The horde night defense system is also very good.

KingSlayerGM

People will build cages then, if vultures act like that.

Also: "oh my god, someone want´s to play it safe in a apocalypse scenario in a SP focused game. I can´t enjoy myself anymore if others can play safe"

jeez. and this game has mods. as long as you can mod it this will always happen. no matter what TFP comes up with.

Very nice base OP. too much effort for me, but i can see something like this in our coop party maybe.

People will build cages then, if vultures act like that.

Also: "oh my god, someone want´s to play it safe in a apocalypse scenario in a SP focused game. I can´t enjoy myself anymore if others can play safe"

jeez. and this game has mods. as long as you can mod it this will always happen. no matter what TFP comes up with.

Very nice base OP. too much effort for me, but i can see something like this in our coop party maybe.

pApA's back and triggered. Did you pop in to say goodbye again....? Game still uninstalled....? ;)

pApA's back and triggered. Did you pop in to say goodbye again....? Game still uninstalled....? ;)

yep still not playing this until spawn rate comes back (mods don´t work, different saves with different spawn rates needed). gonna test a17 ofc. but seeing they still goe strongly into FPS i doubt it will be for long. still closing threads of people you don´t like for reasons that would appeal to a lot of threads that are still open?

got linked here by a friend, so ofc i am going to check.

• 1 month later...

You say pits are expensive... but

I raise you this:

Current Mining Chest (Almost full)

And you think yeah... one chest sure.. BUT WAIT there's more

And you're gonna be like.. okay that's a fair bit.. BUT WE AIN'T DONE MATEY!

And by now you're probably like.. This dude is not sane.. And you would be right, because these are 18x Chests.. Full of Iron

Edit: Wait, make that 20 because apparently I can't count for ♥♥♥♥.

And that's not to mention the 16x Iron/Steel Forges that is maxed out on iron, but I'll just leave you with the thought of that, because.. It honestly makes even me cry ...

If it was possible.. I would ♥♥♥♥ iron.. I'm fairly sure..

Bedrock multi tier spike fence floor

Thought I'd post saw some but most all above, this base is base on 13 by 13 squares which solves a bunch of problems most bases have. So the concept is to be a giant corpse separator so zero loot is lost. Each floor is 25 high or so, which makes the zombies die at progressive levels based on their health. The bottom two levels include progressive series of traps which require minimal maintenance or power. Here is list of other problems I've found it solve.

Saving on reset: it is exactly 51 by 51 total and can be saved using max size of envul plot system.

Stability: I have never had a support pillar break because they are all designed to be out of reach. If it does it still doesn't exceed 26 blocks without a support if upgraded properly.

Repairs: if you make all out of concrete it last forever. Because the way each level is designed the zombie ai is tricked to thinking there is a viable path down, and don't attack your walls. Or die trying due to traps.

Logistics: the design allows for a complete multi tier 45 by 13 farm on each side growing way more than is needed. AT BEDROCK. You could farm during horde night and be safe. The electricity is routed through a single tower and 4 battery banks can supply all lighting and defenses. Solar to recharge as well, this is again at bedrock for protection.

Ammo: the pit is designed so you can ride it out without shooting a single bullet, although it's fun too. Every tier is designed to be within range of your machete or axe. Each drop is 25 or higher depending on your elevation so it's overkill.

Future plans: to top it off I built a 51 by 9 runway 25 blocks above top tier for kicks. Lighted runway and gun turrets to keep others out. Of course all this can be kept 25 away from edge so you need some serious building skills to noon it over without dying or getting shot by turrets.

First post I'll try to attach pics.

Archived