7DTD - Will it ever leave Early Access?

Wut

The biggest problem is the lack of roadmap and the seemingly endless tactic of throwing ♥♥♥♥ at the wall to see what sticks. How many times have the redone the skill system? Mining? Guns? etc.... They need to set a course, set some deadlines and get there.

What game you talk about ?

The biggest problem is the lack of roadmap and the seemingly endless tactic of throwing ♥♥♥♥ at the wall to see what sticks. How many times have the redone the skill system? Mining? Guns? etc.... They need to set a course, set some deadlines and get there.

What exactly do you think will happen when they “get there?” What is it that you are waiting for? What happens if “there” sucks but the game is finished and released?

I was hoping for at least A42 or A69. Just for the lulz.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I'll bite. So they should just release the first version of everything they make and hope that everyone is happy enough that they've released to ignore the broken mess they'd be calling a game?

That sounds like an excellent strategy! If you're hoping to create a game that breaks all return records on Steam and leads to the downfall of your company.

Yeah, what is you said is perfect, fun and sad at the same time. Prepare to get harassed by 95% of this forum's community for your opinion.

Yeah, what is you said is perfect, fun and sad at the same time. Prepare to get harassed by 95% of this forum's community for your opinion.

Really? What does that post even mean? What problem is solved by releasing the game? Especially if it’s released prematurely due to an arbitrary deadline. That post does not identify a single thing that will be fixed by releasing the game. The reality is that smokified simply disagrees with the devs’ priorities. There’s nothing wrong with that...but it has absolutely nothing to do with the devs blindly following an unchangeable roadmap. It also completely ignores how the creative process works.

Really? What does that post even mean? What problem is solved by releasing the game? Especially if it’s released prematurely due to an arbitrary deadline. That post does not identify a single thing that will be fixed by releasing the game. The reality is that smokified simply disagrees with the devs’ priorities. There’s nothing wrong with that...but it has absolutely nothing to do with the devs blindly following an unchangeable roadmap. It also completely ignores how the creative process works.

If you can not understand it then you apply to that 95% group of people.

He said that devs try different things, remake them and then even finally delete them or leave completely broken and it's just waste of time.

He said that devs try different things, remake them and then even finally delete them or leave completely broken and it's just waste of time.

That is how development or any creative process works. Regardless, neither you nor he have answered the fundamental question: what does releasing the game change? What will be different from it’s current state.

That is how development or any creative process works. Regardless, neither you nor he have answered the fundamental question: what does releasing the game change? What will be different from it’s current state.

They will change to

YOU REALEASE THIS UNCOMPLETE PIECAE OF ♥♥♥♥

hmm somehow they will add a "we have rights" in that line

Taking time to fix something that isn't working out is a far cry from a waste of time. Most reasonable people would rather have a late, working game to play than one that is here earlier but horribly broken with poorly implemented features.

So you are saying that there is a group of people that make up 95% of the community that understand development to be exactly how the devs are doing it and then there is another group of people that make up 5% of the community that understand development to be something else and all of us are in the 95% group and you and smokified are in the 5% group and none of us can understand either one of you?

I'm okay with that.

I think people who pay for early release with the expectation of further development are fools. Once you've given the developers your money, they have no incentive to continue working on the game. Thus I only pay for products I am happy for in the state that I buy them.

I'm happy enough with 7DTD that I bought it. I noticed i has come a long way since when I first played it. However I am annoyed that the development is taking so long.

I'm happy enough with 7DTD that I bought it. I noticed i has come a long way since when I first played it. However I am annoyed that the development is taking so long.

Serious question... why annoyed? If they had released it years ago it would have released as a greatly inferior game to what it is today. A17 should improve it significantly over A16 and open up a great deal more tools for modders. In my own opinion it's like I bought a game years ago that was more than worth the price of admission and yet they continue to improve it without me having to give them more money. There are very few games that have that same track record. I sincerely wonder why anyone would find that trait annoying of all things? What is so magical about releasing the game that makes people think that's better than what we're getting now?

Once you've given the developers your money, they have no incentive to continue working on the game.

Additional Incentives Beyond Your Payment

1) They love what they do and they have fun doing it.

2) They want to be proud of the final product.

3) They have additional projects planned and desire the good will that accompanies a strong reputation.

4) They want additional sales that comes from word of mouth and positive reviews.

5) They enjoy success.

I think people who pay for early release with the expectation of further development are fools. Once you've given the developers your money, they have no incentive to continue working on the game. Thus I only pay for products I am happy for in the state that I buy them.

Why are you annoyed with the development time, when you specifically said that you were happy with the state of the game when you bought it, that it's come a long way since then (presumably making you happier), and that anyone who expects further development after purchase is a fool?

3) They have additional projects planned and desire the good will that accompanies a strong reputation.

4) They want additional sales that comes from word of mouth and positive reviews.

5) They enjoy success.

Roland how can you dare. All these words some people never have heared

fun

proud

positive reviews

success

Thats too much, if they google this with a open mind they will discover a complete new world, maybe it drives them nuts.

With the huge influx of early access games all set to leave it and release massive content updates, it's finally time to recognize what this game really is. I started playing this game in Alpha 7 or 8; in 2014. It seemed very creative and was on the right track to becoming "THE" survival-pvp game.

Oh, please! When did TFP ever say that PVP was the main focus of the game? O_o

You see your problem? If you start with the wrong expectations you will surely be disappointed. :-|

Many players actually enjoy the SP content much more than playing on-line.

That's why so many players are eagerly waiting for bandits and better AI... :-]

5) They enjoy success.

Very good point. People these days have been so often disappointed in promisses and in people in general that they forget the basics of proper and good business thinking. Money is the main motivation for sure, we all need money to survive, thats the kind of world we created. But money is not the only motivation. And I feel that is the case with TFT as well. And that is the reason why this game is so good and will only be better with time. Development takes time, takes resources, takes manpower. Every new content release I get back into this wonderful game and add up more hours to it. So, if its called early access or beta or full release, I dont really care. As long as I can play and have lots of fun doing it..... one more note, not a single crash for me since A16 :)

Oh, please! When did TFP ever say that PVP was the main focus of the game? O_o

Never. :angel:

In fact, this was the response when they were asked about increasing the supported number of players.....

speaking of which where say on the list is optimizing for 32 players?

Its not on the list. This was originally a SP game but we decided to support 8 coop, then later added 8 dedi. At some point if we can make some optimizations we'll increase it some, but optimizations can be pie in the sky, so we are never going to promise support for an unknown. Besides, most people who play this game play 2-4 player pve with friends. Its not a pvp game and never will be. The goal was to make the zombies such a threat that people would have to band together to survive and wouldn't have TIME to kill other players because of impending doom.

Since this post, they have said that they make take some considerations for the PvP play-style after the product is near the end of Beta. They're still trying to get it well balanced for the ideals that they have in mind.

This is simply the best survival game on the market. Early access or not. There are survival games that have gone full release that can't even hold 7 Days to Die's jock strap. I'm not saying they are not great games, I have played them all. But they are not 7 Days to Die great.

Am I a fanboy? Maybe. But the game made it so. It earned it. There's nothing else out there like 7 Days to Die.

The fact it's still in early access makes this even better. Every 9 months or so TFP give us a Bundle of joy in the form of crazy awesome updates. They change the game every time and for the better. I wish they would never leave early access.

PS: I couldn't wait to read the whole thread, I needed to give my 2c. Now I'm going to go read it all.

This is simply the best survival game on the market. Early access or not. There are survival games that have gone full release that can't even hold 7 Days to Die's jock strap. I'm not saying they are not great games, I have played them all. But they are not 7 Days to Die great.

Am I a fanboy? Maybe. But the game made it so. It earned it. There's nothing else out there like 7 Days to Die.

The fact it's still in early access makes this even better. Every 9 months or so TFP give us a Bundle of joy in the form of crazy awesome updates. They change the game every time and for the better. I wish they would never leave early access.

+

(But go out of my mind ^^)

Archived