7DTD - Will it ever leave Early Access?

Wut

How come u didnt like Empyrion. I bought it on sale, havent tried yet

First few hundret hours are nice when you learn how to survive and how to build bases/ships.

After that only PVP is left and that means

* Server that want real money

* Capital ships that fly like super mario cards

* No endgame Content

First few hundret hours are nice when you learn how to survive and how to build bases/ships.

After that only PVP is left and that means

* Server that want real money

* Capital ships that fly like super mario cards

* No endgame Content

Okay thanks. Not into pvp for these types of games which leaves it on par to 7 days in my book, no endgame content

Empyrion is amazing the first time you survive to build a land speeder and then progress to a spaceship and leave the planet. After that it is just mainly building. So if you really enjoy building bases and ships in a futuristic setting then you'll probably get 100's of hours out of it beyond the initial survival/progression arc. If you have it then it would be a great game to play while waiting for A17 to drop. You'll really enjoy your initial play of it

Empyrion is much like 7dtd in that once you are fully established there no real threat (even less so than 7dtd). It’s different in that you largely have to seek out the threat in the early to mid game. It’s a fun game and has a nice progression curve but it lacks mid/late game content. I also prefer the building system as it allows for more creativity. If you don’t enjoy building, then this not the game for you.

7d2d have been like a jack of all trades (and a master of none). A fine mix of fighting, building, digging, exploration,

tower defense, survival and more.

"They are Billions" have bigger hordes, but with that strong hordes, only few viable endgame solutions.

"Stationeers" have better base system building, but horrible inventory/control scheme, and no fighting.

I liked setting up gas and electrical system in this game, and building a base. But no real

desire to do it again.

"Space Engineers" have better engineering, but weak AI. More building sim then actual game.

With a better AI and enemy system, it could almost compete with 7d2d.

The AI in 7d2d might not be the best, but it has been more then good enough to make a very playable

and entertaining game. And zombies, IMO, don't need to be smart.

While i might disagree with quite a few of the changes announced for A17 and beyond, it is TFP's game

to do with as they choose. I've had my share of fun with their product, and if they manage to change

the game around enough to keep attracting NEW players, they done quite well, at least business wise.

After all, it is the NEW players that will support TFP in the future, not us old-timers, though a few will

possibly stay around.

Long development time... uhm, i don't really care that much if they spend 1 or 3 years per alpha, nor if

they call it alpha, beta or gamma. I play it if/when i like it.

Empyrion is amazing the first time you survive to build a land speeder and then progress to a spaceship and leave the planet. After that it is just mainly building. So if you really enjoy building bases and ships in a futuristic setting then you'll probably get 100's of hours out of it beyond the initial survival/progression arc. If you have it then it would be a great game to play while waiting for A17 to drop. You'll really enjoy your initial play of it

Are the maps randomly generated? Its a deal breaker to me if its static. 7 Days random Gen spoiled me :(

Are the maps randomly generated? Its a deal breaker to me if its static. 7 Days random Gen spoiled me :(

It’s varied over the course of its development. It was all procedural and then switched to heightmaps with semi random placement of POIs. Version 8.0 is about to get an experimental release and this will likely be tweaked again.

Fallout 4 = AAA Title = Release 2015

Now its 2018 and 7D2D is more stable in its Alpha than Fallout 4 >2 years AFTER release and after being abandoned by Devs except updates toward CC.

So thats a Pointless Discussion

Can't leave out X-Rebirth.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, Empyrion's current game arc.

- Mine using your drone.

- Build 2 Cannon Turrets and put them on your roof.

- Build up a Mega farm and max out levels.

- Conquer the worlds. :)

TBH some of the POI's are pretty dang hard to subdue.

That last part is what keeps me playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Next update for empyrion was anounced for last month. When it arrives it will add more Possibilitys to edit the Star system(s)

And more planet sizes. I think it's going to the new Unity engine also.

diablo 3 had 11 years of development and it was a pretty ♥♥♥♥ty game when released for 60 euro

most AAA original (not clone like fifa or cod) title has 6-7 years of development with dozens if not hundreds of people working on it

this game started with two guy and an idea, they could polish and release the game a couple years ago but they decided that 7dtd was worthy of more effort and i personally appreciated

i bought ark a couple years ago, pretty game but i abondoned when i saw the direction they want to go

release paid dlc in alpha? seriously?

pvp players could go play rust or dayz if they want, i wait here for their return

We can not forget, that devs promised we will get expanded multiplayer mode with new features, so it must added into the game.

Also many, many and many other things from the Kickstarter which are not in the game yet. I can understand that they don't want to add mountain lions, coyotes etc. but they should do it. People paid money for this and this is developer's mission to actually deliver what they are supposed to.

according to kickstarter merchants and npc could get post release, same thing for vehicles, same for clothing

wolfs and bears weren't mentioned anywhere, electricity neither

maybe they don't added mountain lions and coyote, but they bring more and more stuff every alpha so there is still time, i don't think anyone could feel robbed by TFP

regarding to multiplayer they didn't mentioned anywhere pvp, they stated multiple times that their focus would be on sp\pve

I am the same way, I prefer random gen in these types of games, Static maps like Ark Survival evolved don't interest me much. Nor does navezgane in 7dtd. I always played random gen. I might try Pixark though, its bascally Ark Survival evoled and mincraft had a baby, its a fully randomized voxel world like 7dtd is.

Mainly I am saving Navezgane for when the story part comes (if it ever does) so it'll still be fresh.

- - - Updated - - -

We can not forget, that devs promised we will get expanded multiplayer mode with new features, so it must added into the game.

Also many, many and many other things from the Kickstarter which are not in the game yet. I can understand that they don't want to add mountain lions, coyotes etc. but they should do it. People paid money for this and this is developer's mission to actually deliver what they are supposed to.

You should say what you really mean, and remove multiplayer and replace it with pvp. As the current co-op multiplayer works fine from what I can see. Only thing I could say is that there are too few people per server for how big the landmass is. 7dtd was never intended to be a pvp game, it was just tossed in as a extra. Besides pvp in games like 7dtd just turns into a gank fest, go play pubg or unreal tournament or one of the hundreds of other shooters with pvp if you really want that.

3D egoshooter game with a decent settlement/base build part would be enough for me.

Sadly all i tried failed

* Fallout 4

* Empyrion

* Ark

* The Long Dark

* Planet Nomads

(next i try is Space engineers)

Have you tried Factorio? It's some sort of base/factory-building with some survival elements in there (though minor).

My guess is that the people who keep raising this are PVPers who are under the mistaken impression that releasing the game will magically alter the fact that this game was never designed for PVP. They can’t accept that duping or other exploits might always be an issue because 7dtd was not designed for PVP.

The interesting bit is that games that are **designed** for PvP like PUBG still have massive problems with exploits and cheaters. Why do PvP players think this game could be somewhat exploit-free when even the one-trick-pony PvP games can't achieve that?

There is nothing to underestimate, 5 years later and no clear roadmap, its an observation. ...

The fun pimps are great guys, but i wouldn't back them again because i'm not waiting 5 -7 years for a finished indie title.

I'm sure they have a rudimentary roadmap (where kickstarter goals are listed for example). But having a detailed and fixed roadmap has a lot of disadvantages in games development. Just ask inXile, they once had too many stretchgoals for one of their games which seriously hampered their effort for a great game because they couldn't just remove stuff that didn't work (because it was promised). If you have the chance, go to a game cionvention and ask a successful developer if the game he produced had excactly the features he wanted from the start. You would be surprised how much experimentation is done in this industry.

I don't understand the "waiting" argument (you sure didn't sit around and waited doing nothing), but steam lets you filter out EA games. You seriously should consider that. No waiting.

Have you tried Factorio? It's some sort of base/factory-building with some survival elements in there (though minor).

I can recommend Factorio too. Have played that for hundreds of hours. Advantage: No save underground because no underground at all :fat:

Nope factorio is not even on my watchlist

Hmm but i will have a look if i add it there

Factorio is a great game. So long as you're not looking for action or even a fast paced game. It takes a long time to play a game to completion, especially with recent patches.

You should say what you really mean, and remove multiplayer and replace it with pvp. As the current co-op multiplayer works fine from what I can see. Only thing I could say is that there are too few people per server for how big the landmass is. 7dtd was never intended to be a pvp game, it was just tossed in as a extra. Besides pvp in games like 7dtd just turns into a gank fest, go play pubg or unreal tournament or one of the hundreds of other shooters with pvp if you really want that.

I didn't mean PVP. I said new multiplayer features. It could be some improvements to Co-Op, PVP, PVE, whatever associated with multiplayer. I remember there was a deathmatch in Alpha 1 (I have been playing this game since then) but they decided to delete it.

While true it's also a sad fact that a lot of us can't help with reporting bugs as we play modded games which is a big no-no in reporting bugs.

So all you vanilla players buck up.....you have to take up the slack for the rest of us :)

We still listen if modders report bugs in modded games.

These folks typically know what they did and what it changes ingame so even if the report isn't vanilla it can well highlight a bug that simply hasn't surfaced, yet.

Factorio is a great game. So long as you're not looking for action or even a fast paced game. It takes a long time to play a game to completion, especially with recent patches.

Seconded. Factorio is like crack for my OCD about making a base efficient as possible I reckon.

And so I don't have to report myself for a shamelessly off-topic post, I do predict that it will leave Early Access with fewer Alphas ahead of us than behind us. ;-)

I liked Empyrion and I played it for about 80 hours (I played 7d2d for around 800). I will play it again once they add some more content.

I liked their interface better - an essential part of a crafting game, IMHO - but I didn't like the lack of a persistent danger. What's the point of building an impenetrable base if nobody/nothing attacks it?

Archived