Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Hi Khaine,

I see that you have recently uploaded the experimental mod. I saw the technology class now has an explanation of the different perks and I saw that you need 10 research notes to get it. Are these notes already implemented in the mod? I'm at day 27 and I still haven't found a single one. Are they only lootable in specific places? (if so, which ones?).

Also, the blue generic schematics that have substituted the "normal" schematics are not showing up that much. I've only been able to find 20 and I've looted quite a lot of libraries. Are they a rare drop? It's gonna take a while having all mods for my armor and weapons :p

I want to report an issue with repairing the advanced forge, sorry if that's a known issue.

I couldn't repair it. To fix the problem, I modified the blocks.xml :

<property class="RepairItems">

<property name="forgedIron" value="50"/>

</property>

<property name="resourceForgedIron" value="50"/>

</property>

Thanks for the mod!!!

I only died once at the beginning so haven't noticed that - I just had couple of meat stews and it was night time anyways when i died :). I ll try to die more to make full use of it :D

And must compliment you again on skill tree - lvl 120+ yet still having fun leveling and exploring.

BTW - are those generalschematics fixed in loot drops now? Looted most of the libraries so i only looted few of bookshelfs lately ( it would be good if you would be getting those only from safes ( like you go loot a bank safes like in A16 to find schematics ), weapon bags, lootcrates... ofc like couple of those? )

I gave them the same drop rate as paper, but I don't mind looking into adding them to safes. That's actually a good idea. :)

Hi Khaine,

I see that you have recently uploaded the experimental mod. I saw the technology class now has an explanation of the different perks and I saw that you need 10 research notes to get it. Are these notes already implemented in the mod? I'm at day 27 and I still haven't found a single one. Are they only lootable in specific places? (if so, which ones?).

Also, the blue generic schematics that have substituted the "normal" schematics are not showing up that much. I've only been able to find 20 and I've looted quite a lot of libraries. Are they a rare drop? It's gonna take a while having all mods for my armor and weapons :p

Research notes only drop from Lab zombies and in the new desks/filing cabinets in the 2 bunkers.

I want to report an issue with repairing the advanced forge, sorry if that's a known issue.

I couldn't repair it. To fix the problem, I modified the blocks.xml :

<property name="forgedIron" value="50"/>

</property>

<property name="resourceForgedIron" value="50"/>

</property>

Thanks for the mod!!!

Already fixed in experimental ;) But thanks for letting me know. I went and checked and it's fine.

I am very confused with what is happening in my game and i've seen it more than once. So I am in my base which has one entrance with a winding corridor/path and the only way to get on top of it is to go around. I hear a zombie down there, so I go down, and here it is by the entrance on top of my iron bars, how did he get there? He was chasing me, and there is a clear way to get to me, yet I found him loitering around the entrance that has no way for a zombie to get up there without going all the way around, and I got the walls lined with barbed wire, so even if they were to go around it'd take some time.

I've also had a time when I had a bloodmoon horde and I was in a place with no visable way to me, suddendly teleport to the floor I was on, the entire horde just literally poofed into existance bascally in front of me. After I got out and day hit I looked around to try to see how they got in, and what did I find? there was literally no way for those zombies to have gotten where they were, all the walls were intact, there was no way to the 3rd floor in this building without busting down the entire thing or them creating their own stairs as they tend to do in a17. Yet these zombies somehow teleported right onto the floor I was on. This a mod feature? or is something really wonky going on with my game.

I've actually heard of that happening to other folks, both modded and non-modded. I saw a let's player have 2 bloodmoon zombies spawn INSIDE their cage-base and start beating on them.

I'm not sure that land claim/bedrolls are blocking spawns properly.

I wanted to report some bugs with the trader.

Uncertain about if first one is mod related, I think so as I don't run into problem in vanilla.

1) Using a microsoft xbox controller in darkness falls, the menu chat screen with a trader, if opened by the controller, limits where I can move cursor preventing me from selecting missions or selling and trading. To fix I have to make sure I initially open chat with traders by mouse and keyboard till I reach barter screen, then can sit down and use the microsoft controller.

2) The guards don't attack zombie animals or behemoths, perhaps more than that, those confirmed. Or the added special zombies. Generally they seem to only identify regular zombies as threats.

3) The guards don't turn, face 1 direction.

4) If deciding to make the traders base as your own, there are approximately 40 guards in each, maybe 1-4 sniper postions, and... insane difficulty all zombies on bloodmoon never reach the wall. Usually like 5-8 blocks near it, so very far, death by the guards. On,...insane... difficulty. The ones who make it through are dogs, bears, animals, special zombies, as guards dont fire at them.

5) By day 15, I accepted I had to do it... I slaughtered 30 guards and kept 10, 2 per wall side, and 2 sniper. It fixed lag.. I rebooted game next day....and

THEY RESPAWNED.

That was the deal breaker for me. But I guess traders don't need defense afterall then. I did enjoy the process and building up their bases, before finding out , they REALLY don't need any help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pet peeves of the mod I have are mostly bringing back the old crafting recipes.

-Alpha 17.2 Vanilla> Get 3 ingrediants, make stone arrow, DONE.

-This mod> Get 3 ingrediants, morph 2 of them into 2 different ingrediants, then... make stone arrow. done...

I would have to side with fun pimps in terms of unnessesary complexity. I don't nessesarily enjoy collecting 3-5 pistol parts to make a pistol all over again, (this mod, last seen alpha 15, brought back).

Finally, if I didn't mention anything else bad, then maybe what Im saying is I actually enjoy. Everything else, and feel it made game more fun. I'm in one of those moods where I spent days making a beautiful base out of traders to find out it would be invincible with no help. that guards are too much, AND THEY RESPAWNED, at least for me! I had to call the mod quits till at least thats changed, I was allured by the mod allowing to build at traders.

Hi Khaine,

One question; where can I find uranium?

Also, any chance you could make normal paper be of some use later in the game? :p

Uranium is rare in the wasteland and can be found on the surface in the new radiated biome.

Normal paper should also be used in the books, like class and skill books, but i'll see what I can do.

I wanted to report some bugs with the trader.

Uncertain about if first one is mod related, I think so as I don't run into problem in vanilla.

1) Using a microsoft xbox controller in darkness falls, the menu chat screen with a trader, if opened by the controller, limits where I can move cursor preventing me from selecting missions or selling and trading. To fix I have to make sure I initially open chat with traders by mouse and keyboard till I reach barter screen, then can sit down and use the microsoft controller.

2) The guards don't attack zombie animals or behemoths, perhaps more than that, those confirmed. Or the added special zombies. Generally they seem to only identify regular zombies as threats.

3) The guards don't turn, face 1 direction.

4) If deciding to make the traders base as your own, there are approximately 40 guards in each, maybe 1-4 sniper postions, and... insane difficulty all zombies on bloodmoon never reach the wall. Usually like 5-8 blocks near it, so very far, death by the guards. On,...insane... difficulty. The ones who make it through are dogs, bears, animals, special zombies, as guards dont fire at them.

5) By day 15, I accepted I had to do it... I slaughtered 30 guards and kept 10, 2 per wall side, and 2 sniper. It fixed lag.. I rebooted game next day....and

THEY RESPAWNED.

That was the deal breaker for me. But I guess traders don't need defense afterall then. I did enjoy the process and building up their bases, before finding out , they REALLY don't need any help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pet peeves of the mod I have are mostly bringing back the old crafting recipes.

-Alpha 17.2 Vanilla> Get 3 ingrediants, make stone arrow, DONE.

-This mod> Get 3 ingrediants, morph 2 of them into 2 different ingrediants, then... make stone arrow. done...

I would have to side with fun pimps in terms of unnessesary complexity. I don't nessesarily enjoy collecting 3-5 pistol parts to make a pistol all over again, (this mod, last seen alpha 15, brought back).

Finally, if I didn't mention anything else bad, then maybe what Im saying is I actually enjoy. Everything else, and feel it made game more fun. I'm in one of those moods where I spent days making a beautiful base out of traders to find out it would be invincible with no help. that guards are too much, AND THEY RESPAWNED, at least for me! I had to call the mod quits till at least thats changed, I was allured by the mod allowing to build at traders.

1) Not fixable. The dialogue menu had to be changed to support the new NPC's and they don't have code to support controllers as far as I'm aware. I will double check that, but I remember having that discussion with sphereii when he was wondering about radial menus.

2) That's because I haven't finished the AI yet. The ones they don't target typically have special entityclasses that the standard AI can't target without crashing. I'm looking at changing them all to faction based.

3) That's because they're the first ranged NPC's I ever made so the animations aren't great/aren't properly finished.

4 & 5) And? Most folks who live at the trader are aware that the guards are a thing and tend to like it because of the fact the mod is more difficult than vanilla. They respawn becaue the only way to place an entity in a prefab, like the trader, is to use the trader spawn block... and TFP altered the code for those blocks is so they will respawn if the entity disappears. Unfortunately, not being on the block by even a MILIMETER counts as disappeared.

If you want it harder, you have two choices...

- Don't live at the trader.

- Copy the trader prefabs from the SERVER build to the single player build. The guards are not present there due to a server bug that meant the log file reached up to 1GB pretty fast and caused a lot of lag.

Hey, i'm playing experimental.

Experience gained gone forever?

Bandits with machete are a little OP in the beginning, IMO.

Only the indicator. XP works fine.

Bandits had a bug where they were spawning in the safe zone that a new player generates. Hopefully that will NOT be happening again.

I suspect the zombies will eventually manage to get inside on higher bloodmoons. Wait till you got like demons and such stampeeding in. Me? I use a modlet to disable behemoths, they have way to much hp. move to fast (at least they always seem to catch me), and do way to much damage.

Once they get inside, then you have to deal with them as the turrets, yes I call the guard npcs turrets as thats what they bascally are in their current state. Won't move to go after them at all. If a behemoth shows up you can bet its getting inside almost guarnteed. Though if you see one in a horde night my advice? run like hell. They will demolish your base and you easly. They have something like 9000 hp or so. Also, once zombies get right up against the wall the guard npcs usually won't/can't shoot at it.

Hello,

I'm installing this on a server and I'm looking for a readme or an example config. What are the map names for the config? Are they DFalls-Medium. and small.....small2?

Hello,

I'm installing this on a server and I'm looking for a readme or an example config. What are the map names for the config? Are they DFalls-Medium. and small.....small2?

and world gen size for medium is 8k?

So BANDITS and/or adjustable BLOOD MOON RANGE will be in the coming update maybe ?

Thank you in advance when it's done :)

Yep. They're in 2.1 experimental right now. :)

Hello,

The map names are the names of the folders under Data/Worlds. :) So DFalls-Small, DFalls-Small2, DFalls-Medium.

Yep. They're in 2.1 experimental right now. :)

The map names are the names of the folders under Data/Worlds. :) So DFalls-Small, DFalls-Small2, DFalls-Medium.

ok i found it and its a little misleading, the medium is a 12k map which is really big! small is 8k so that what we went with

its loaded on the server and running but we just hang at the starting game point and hear crickets....but dont spawn in and no errors no eac

Clients have the mod installed too? Also, if it's a game server provider, make sure they allow 8k maps. :) Some don't. They have a 6k limit.

they allow an 8k we ran 8k prior to this mod everyone has it installed and can load up in sp

when we try to join it goes all the way to create player we hear the little sound and cricket and nothing happens, it doesnt crash we just sit there.

they allow an 8k we ran 8k prior to this mod everyone has it installed and can load up in sp

when we try to join it goes all the way to create player we hear the little sound and cricket and nothing happens, it doesnt crash we just sit there.

I'd check what's in your output_log and see if there's any hints there. If not, it might be worth talking to your host and see if they have any ideas. It sounds like the SUPER old creating player bug I had that was resolved with an SDX patch.

Does experimental and the regular version have the same game options as vanilla? I like making blocks stronger and the more random horde nights.

Experimental actually has slightly more options for the horde nights than the regular version, and I'm likely going to be adding some more. :)