Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

@ KhaineGB

OK m8 totaly understand.

I need a replacement trader because the block he was stood on was removed after i moved him to new location and now when i re-join SP the trader is no longer there?.

Kinda messed that up also happend with a couple ok guards on the wall are now fallen down and are out side the main compound... lolz

OK so i guess i will have to restart once again and be more careful this time... :smile-new:

Meh, i can´t load the mod. Clicked Presync in the ModLauncher now it is "Refreshing mods" for an hour already.

Manually putting that 3 folders in gives me a blackscreen when starting the game, i only see the game mouse pointer.

WIN 7 ain´t a problem i hope?

My wife is playing on W7. But mods in 7DTD eat a crapton of RAM. Make sure you have nothing open. It can take a LONG time to load a mod if your on a slow HDD as well.

And DL this took a long time the first time i did the synchronization.

You said you didn't want to add a way to have more guards because you prefer turrets but WHAT IF. You put a crafting box like for the animals where you require to feed them or craft their bullets. That way it's harder to maintain. Less cheap but more powerfull or something along those lines.

btw are "workbench/campfire" icons hardcoded ? Would be neet for all the workstation to have their own icon.

EDIT : saw my first spider. Run quite fast but outrunable. Size is kind of like the small ones in Skyrim for those like me kinda arachnophobic but still like to kill them

@ KhaineGB

OK m8 totaly understand.

I need a replacement trader because the block he was stood on was removed after i moved him to new location and now when i re-join SP the trader is no longer there?.

Kinda messed that up also happend with a couple ok guards on the wall are now fallen down and are out side the main compound... lolz

OK so i guess i will have to restart once again and be more careful this time... :smile-new:

I didn't even know it was POSSIBLE to destroy the trader block.

Well I just learned something. :D

Food that gives "health" like can of pears or chicken ratio does not give health

Yes it does.

<item name="foodCanBeef">
<property name="HoldType" value="31"/>
<property name="DisplayType" value="food"/>
<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Misc/parcelPrefab"/>
<property name="DropMeshfile" value="Items/Misc/sack_droppedPrefab"/>
<property name="Material" value="Mmetal"/>
<property name="Weight" value="5"/>
<property name="EconomicValue" value="60"/>
<property name="Stacknumber" value="50"/> <!-- STK food -->
<property class="Action0">
	<property name="Class" value="Eat"/>
	<property name="Delay" value="1.0"/>
	<property name="Use_time" value="..."/>
	<property name="Sound_start" value="player_eating"/>
	<property name="Create_item" value="drinkCanEmpty"/>
</property>
<property name="Group" value="Food/Cooking,Food/Cooking2"/>

<effect_group tiered="false">
	<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$foodAmountAdd" operation="add" value="15"/>
	<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="foodHealthAmount" operation="add" value="7"/>
	<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="AddBuff" target="self" buff="buffProcessConsumables"/>
</effect_group>
</item>

<item name="foodCanChicken">
<property name="Extends" value="foodCanBeef"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$foodAmountAdd" operation="add" value="15"/>
	<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="foodHealthAmount" operation="add" value="7"/>
	<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="AddBuff" target="self" buff="buffProcessConsumables"/>
</effect_group>
</item>

<item name="foodCanLamb">
<property name="Extends" value="foodCanBeef"/>

</effect_group>
</item>

It's just not instant.

Meh, i can´t load the mod. Clicked Presync in the ModLauncher now it is "Refreshing mods" for an hour already.

Manually putting that 3 folders in gives me a blackscreen when starting the game, i only see the game mouse pointer.

WIN 7 ain´t a problem i hope?

Sphereii found an issue with the launcher and large mods. He's working on fixing that.

Regarding black screen and manual install, turn EAC off. The mod uses edited DLL's and EAC is not happy with that. ;)

Hey question,

In the perks tab you got all the things that take books and the ones related to skills.

But how do the skill ones work?

In particular the workbench ones, that ones really limitting what I can do right now.

Mouse over the lock icon and it'll tell you what you need. Pretty sure workbenches are Construction Tools 15 & Tool Crafting 1 (for level 1) and Construction Tools 30 and Tool Crafting 2 (for Level 2)

You said you didn't want to add a way to have more guards because you prefer turrets but WHAT IF. You put a crafting box like for the animals where you require to feed them or craft their bullets. That way it's harder to maintain. Less cheap but more powerfull or something along those lines.

btw are "workbench/campfire" icons hardcoded ? Would be neet for all the workstation to have their own icon.

EDIT : saw my first spider. Run quite fast but outrunable. Size is kind of like the small ones in Skyrim for those like me kinda arachnophobic but still like to kill them

I actually want to do that with the guards eventually, but currently having issues with EntityAliveSDX + ranged attacks...

...to the point my ranged NPC ran up to a behemoth and started kicking it in the crotch instead of using her bow. Soooooo.... yeah. :D

Are night stalker what you call behemoth ?

And what about the metalworkebench or tailoring station in recipies. Is htat possible to add ?

For the food that's pretty strange because i ran 1km with 14 health. Chugged two cans with "health" and when i arrived at my base, i was still at 14. Weird

I am having a issue no zombies in the game even when i go do a clear quest or a fetch quest. How do I get them back in game? Please need help

You hit the max zombie count. Working on a way to add this to the main menu as a user-configrable option. In the mean time, press F1 to open the console and do this.

sg MaxSpawnedZombies 80

You can set it to 100 if you want, but be aware it can impact performance. :)

Are night stalker what you call behemoth ?

And what about the metalworkebench or tailoring station in recipies. Is htat possible to add ?

For the food that's pretty strange because i ran 1km with 14 health. Chugged two cans with "health" and when i arrived at my base, i was still at 14. Weird

Nope, night stalker is the night stalker. You'll know the behemoth when you see it. ;)

Those two recipes are already in. They're workbenches level 2.

I did not see this in the lastest update notes, but may have missed it. The compound bow at level 8 has a lower damage and projectile speed than it's level 6 counterparts without any in-game mods applied to either version.

Will double check the code for that. May have derped. I'm pretty sure those are NOT tier-related, but you never know. Always worth a check.

EDIT: Ok, me and a couple of the testers tried this out. Compound Bow is working absolutely fine locally at T6 and T8. We had a suspicion there might be an issue and then found it was related to the difficulty level.

But base damage, without mods, is working fine.

If you're using a modlet that changes weapons to have different damage based on tier, that might be why.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Hi Sphereii thanks for asking about my controller issue, it is very frustrating and keeping me from playing DF. My controller works okay on the base game now, up until recently it also malfunctioned on the base game. I don't know about any associated logs. The controller just acts very slugglish. I often have to double tap the left stick to rotate view. Even on the highest sensitivity settings in game looking around is slow. Looking up and down is very jerky and imprecise. In times past there seemed to be a conflict between Steam big box mode and controller settings on my non steam games. I have been able to resolve those issues but not for DF. I wish I could tell you more but I'm not really pc savvy. I really appreciate your launcher I use it all the time.

Hi Sphereii thanks for asking about my controller issue, it is very frustrating and keeping me from playing DF. My controller works okay on the base game now, up until recently it also malfunctioned on the base game. I don't know about any associated logs. The controller just acts very slugglish. I often have to double tap the left stick to rotate view. Even on the highest sensitivity settings in game looking around is slow. Looking up and down is very jerky and imprecise. In times past there seemed to be a conflict between Steam big box mode and controller settings on my non steam games. I have been able to resolve those issues but not for DF. I wish I could tell you more but I'm not really pc savvy. I really appreciate your launcher I use it all the time.

Which controller are you running? Are you starting the Mod Launcher through Steam's Big Picture mode? You can add the Mod Launcher as a non-Steam game.

Those two recipes are already in. They're workbenches level 2.

=> No sorry i meant special icons for recepie. Like there's a campfire icon, a tool for forge etc... Custom icon for the requiried workbench

Ah and Guards do not fire at dogs

Possible to do that? Yes.

Am I going to? No, because I'd have to rebuilt the ENTIRE UI_icon atlas and have it all as seperate icons in the mods folder.

I did that in A16. It was an absolute pain in the arse. :D

I know they are very attractive and it's hard not to abuse them :p

Anyway this is intended.

I don't get why. Especially RadDogs. It's really really hard to kill them solo at our level. Because they regenerate faster than solo dps. So i guess it's because Dogs are "animal class" and guards would should at everything including does, stags, cows etc...

So i need to find a way to build turrets at level 15 :p

Possible to do that? Yes.

Am I going to? No, because I'd have to rebuilt the ENTIRE UI_icon atlas and have it all as seperate icons in the mods folder.

I did that in A16. It was an absolute pain in the arse. :D

Oh that's too bad. Sometimes things that looks really easy to do are the most time consuming :p i get that.

Edited by FFW_Rude (see edit history)

Oh that's too bad. Sometimes things that looks really easy to do are the most time consuming :p i get that.

So I slept on it, and now I have an idea.

What I CAN do is use already existing UI icons. So theres a cooking pot in the perks section. I could make that apply to the oven. I could use the wrench for the metal workbench. There's a "leather tanning" icon I could use for the tailoring bench, etc.

Worth looking into I think.

Yesterday I had my first Horde at day 7 with DF 2.2. Really? It was harder than a horde in 2.1 at day 35 or more. About 40 radiated, exploding dogs, spitting policeman, vultures, burning, blue, deamons ( I don#t know really, cause I died instant as I heard a strange fearing sound) all the heart wishes.

May it's a bit overstated? I was lvl 30 more or less at this point Warrior/90min, may something is wrong with the gamestage.

I have played the Mod for some times now and i love it..

But when i try to assemble a gun it says..: ( crafting area: LATHE ) but i cant find the Lathe any where.. when i typr in Lathe nothing comes forward.. can only find it if I use cheat-mode

so how can i make it or find it.. so i can begin to use guns.. ?

I have read the Pistol Book so i can assemble the gun.. but Lathe is no where to find.. :(

I have played the Mod for some times now and i love it..

But when i try to assemble a gun it says..: ( crafting area: LATHE ) but i cant find the Lathe any where.. when i typr in Lathe nothing comes forward.. can only find it if I use cheat-mode

so how can i make it or find it.. so i can begin to use guns.. ?

I have read the Pistol Book so i can assemble the gun.. but Lathe is no where to find.. :(

Lathe is loot only. You can find all weapon parts also in loot. You can find lathes in "hidden stash boxes"