Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I have played the Mod for some times now and i love it..

But when i try to assemble a gun it says..: ( crafting area: LATHE ) but i cant find the Lathe any where.. when i typr in Lathe nothing comes forward.. can only find it if I use cheat-mode

so how can i make it or find it.. so i can begin to use guns.. ?

I have read the Pistol Book so i can assemble the gun.. but Lathe is no where to find.. :(

Lathe is NOT needed to assemble a complete gun.

It is only needed for the gun parts. Pretty sure the complete gun says Crafting Area: Backpack or Workbench.

It is only needed for the gun parts. Pretty sure the complete gun says Crafting Area: Backpack or Workbench.

I only have gun parts.. so damn.. need that Lathe.. just see a youtuber loot it.. so yes need to loot it.. but damn thats not easy hehe :D

hope i can take on 7 days horde with a normal bow and normal arrows.. :) and hope i dont get to strong Zeds.. or to many Redi-Zeds.. :(

I actually want to do that with the guards eventually, but currently having issues with EntityAliveSDX + ranged attacks...

...to the point my ranged NPC ran up to a behemoth and started kicking it in the crotch instead of using her bow. Soooooo.... yeah. :D

I have been messing with that myself trying to create a proper follower Fallout style using the code in there!

Used the seasoned survivor skin/smg gun and named her etc .. works fine shes using only ranged atcks ... the issue is

1 She kills everything on sight

2 she does 2 much damage

3 If i m in the line of fire » RIP

4 The AI is a bit clunky

Would be great if i find a way to solve the 3rd point.. cuz damn its insta kill if she fires at me XD

So in your case if your using the base Archer AI i think you will have to remove the special atcks or the aproach and atch funtion so it only atcks with melee if the target is 2 close

IDK i m newb at this

Edited by Tarkkh (see edit history)

I only have gun parts.. so damn.. need that Lathe.. just see a youtuber loot it.. so yes need to loot it.. but damn thats not easy hehe :D

hope i can take on 7 days horde with a normal bow and normal arrows.. :) and hope i dont get to strong Zeds.. or to many Redi-Zeds.. :(

I think you misunderstand me.

You need the Lathe to make GUN PARTS. If you have all the parts for a gun, you can just build the gun in your backpack or workbench. If you don't have the parts, check the trader or do more looting... just like A16 used to be. ;)

I have been messing with that myself trying to create a proper follower Fallout style using the code in there!

Used the seasoned survivor skin/smg gun and named her etc .. works fine shes using only ranged atcks ... the issue is

1 She kills everything on sight

2 she does 2 much damage

3 If i m in the line of fire » RIP

4 The AI is a bit clunky

Would be great if i find a way to solve the 3rd point.. cuz damn its insta kill if she fires at me XD

So in your case if your using the base Archer AI i think you will have to remove the special atcks or the aproach and atch funtion so it only atcks with melee if the target is 2 close

IDK i m newb at this

She's not intended to be hired. She's intended to be an NPC quest giver. That's why she does a lot of damage. :p

Issue is almost fixed. It was an issue within EntityAliveSDX.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried to heal a guard and got this error

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28793[/ATTACH]

That's odd. I tested it on the guards and it worked absolutely fine. But I had that issue reported on players.

EDIT: Just re-tested locally with all 3 bandages and both first aid kits. Still working with no NRE... so... I'm confused.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

As you can see on the pic. i have all parts.. and learn the crafting but still i Cant make the pistol in my backpack.. when i click on a parts it says Crafting Area: LATHE.. so.. what do i have to do to make the gun ?

I try to set a pic. in but i cant its need to be 20 KB kb i cant make my pic that small.. why cant i set in a pic normal size ?

its 86 KB.. and it says...:

7daystodie.com says

pic.jpg Exceeds your quota by 65.6 KB

Edited by Dّller (see edit history)

I try to write what on the pic....:

in pic. 1 you can se I click on a gun parts ( i have all 4 parts).. and it says...: Crafting Area: LATHE

( if i had read the right book )

in Pic. 2 you can see i have read the right book and you can see the Pistol is white that i can make it

but it dont have a complete or crafting i can click on...

so it like i only can make it in the workbench or another place...

Edited by Dّller (see edit history)

im trying to find the bunker in the wasteland and i read that i need to find many tents so i found thisA17.4_2019-07-16_22-25-33.jpg.ac46c7b47c21f2fe5fc2c4db3c6fa29f.jpg but i cant find the entrance to the bunker anywhere, is that the wrong poi?

EDIT:

ok i found the entrance under the tent, went all the way down the bunker and theres a room with a portal in it that does nothing when i walk into it, does this portal have any use later? do i need to activate it somehow?

Edited by sersko (see edit history)

Ok, I was slightly wrong. Guns are made in the WORKBENCH. Not a metal workbench, the normal workbench. That's a minor derp on my part.

And here's the video to prove it.

Crafting Area: <whatever> refers to the recipe you have SELECTED. So when you select a gun part, you make THAT gun part in the Lathe. NOT the gun. As you can see with the P225 which says Backpack or Workbench (and is wrong, it should be workbench only).

So apparently I have some localization to fix to reflect the fact guns are made in the workbench. But you still don't need a lathe to make a gun. ;)

im trying to find the bunker in the wasteland and i read that i need to find many tents so i found this[ATTACH=CONFIG]28794[/ATTACH] but i cant find the entrance to the bunker anywhere, is that the wrong poi?

EDIT:

ok i found the entrance under the tent, went all the way down the bunker and theres a room with a portal in it that does nothing when i walk into it, does this portal have any use later? do i need to activate it somehow?

Portal can be destroyed and looted.

Other than that, it spawns demons.

@KhaineGB is there a way to spwan permanent npcs back into the world?

My trader somehow disapeared along with 3 guards ..and if i comand menu them back in after a game restart they will be gone again...

was looking up to see if there was a solution somewhere but couldnt find one...

Trader should respawn automatically. The spawn block is set to respawn them at their inventory reset time, which is 6am.

Guards are intended to NOT respawn.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention this. When respawning stuff from the F6 menu that you want to stick around, make sure you tick "From Static Spawner." That should fix it... no guarantee, but should. :)

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Trader should respawn automatically. The spawn block is set to respawn them at their inventory reset time, which is 6am.

Guards are intended to NOT respawn.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention this. When respawning stuff from the F6 menu that you want to stick around, make sure you tick "From Static Spawner." That should fix it... no guarantee, but should. :)

I was indeed selecting that option.. My guess is since i used the trader POI to build my base i prolly destroyed their spawn blocks. oh well

Thanks btw

Having a great time with this game now that i finaly got to mess with mods XD

Portal can be destroyed and looted.

Other than that, it spawns demons.

oh i have seen the red portals in demon bioms that spawn demons but the one in the bunker was white and build with technology so i guess i was expecting something else then just destroying it for loot

A question. I have mining tools 100 and miner 69'er 5. But titanium picaxe with 5 modify does damage to block 375. Should I? In 2.11 was damage to more than 550... In the settings of the game damage on the block 100%.

Base damage is 100, mining tools adds 100%, miner 69'er adds another 100% and then mods add more damage but the game has an odd way of calculating mods/perks for damage.

So yes, that's about right.

Also, more block damage is a BAD THING on tools like fireaxes and pickaxes. It gives you less resources (tested and confirmed in vanilla).

I was indeed selecting that option.. My guess is since i used the trader POI to build my base i prolly destroyed their spawn blocks. oh well

Thanks btw

Having a great time with this game now that i finaly got to mess with mods XD

Yeah, I dont recommend using the trader as a base at all. It's good for the first couple of days to store stuff while you build or find anothe POI, but there's too many random things the game does with trader POI's (like randomly resetting them, deleting claim blocks, guards counting against max zombie count, etc) that it's just not a good idea. ;)

What's annoying is it wasnt an issue in A16.

oh i have seen the red portals in demon bioms that spawn demons but the one in the bunker was white and build with technology so i guess i was expecting something else then just destroying it for loot

They do spawn demons, especially in DF V2.2. The bottom floor is almost all demons.

Wait what ? Traders can reset ? 'CAuse i'm replacing all guards that dies by turrets. and double quest seller is really cool to have.

So do we need to move out of the trader ?

Also question, are the new biome found in every map ?

Wait what ? Traders can reset ? 'CAuse i'm replacing all guards that dies by turrets. and double quest seller is really cool to have.

yes they can just had that hapenning on my base »_» rip it was cut in half lmao

Hello,sorry for my ignorance,but what are the differences between maps Navezgane and Dfallnavezgane(except for added bunker) ?

Also,could it be that this newest DF version sometimes drains more fps than previous one ?

I noticed some drops from 60 to 40-50 for short times(5-10sec) in my favorite places,biome forest by the lake,where before i never had 40 fps in these places.

Cheers

Edited by PrivateHudson (see edit history)

Yep, it does reset for some reason. No idea why.

New biomes should be in every map, yes. :)

Hello,sorry for my ignorance,but what are the differences between maps Navezgane and Dfallnavezgane(except for added bunker) ?

Also,could it be that this newest DF version sometimes drains more fps than previous one ?

I noticed some drops from 60 to 40-50 for short times(5-10sec) in my favorite places,biome forest by the lake,where before i never had 40 fps in these places.

Cheers

DF-Nav has the small bunker (3), the large bunker (1), Caitlin and I deleted the vanilla rad biome and replaced it with mine.

That MIGHT be spiders spawning... maybe. Will need to double check.

Hi there Khaine. I am really enjoying your mod for 7d2d and I think we all should be thankful to people like you who put alot of hard work and dedication into mods otherwise we would be restricted to just what the developer wants us to play. LOL Anyways, I have a question. I have been trying to find a way to make the inventory icons bigger. At their current setting they are to small for me. I have tried finding the xml or configuration file to adjust their size without any luck. Could you please assist me in changing this? As much as I love the mod its hard for me to play like this. This is the screen of the current icons.

Darkness-Falls-Image.jpg

BTW Its funny you called this mod Darkness Falls. That has been one of my game usernames for years. lol :)

Edit: Upon further investigation I have found this forum link to do pretty much what I need to do. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?77526-Backpack-UI-Size-Needs-to-Be-Smaller I need to increase the box sizes within the inventory screen. Seems very complicated because there is alot of other references that need to be changed along with it. Does anyone else have a problem with the size of the boxes and icons within the bag inventory? On every other inventory screen they are normal other than the bag inv.

Edited by Flashepix (see edit history)

Hey Khaine! First of all thanks for the great mod!

Can you maybe tell me the name of the spiders in the xmls? I would really like to disable them spawning entirely. I met 2 until now, and I have serious arachnophobia and I get sweaty hands and slight panic seeing them in game - that probably sounds about right bc it makes me terrified of an enemy in a horror-survival game - but belive me, it's a really unpleasant experience and would like to turn them off... Thanks!

Best

Preak