Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Having a slight problem in my current game. I'm level 80 and I've never found a lathe (loot has been kind of mediocre all game, despite me having loot goggles and having all loot perks, except for the watch I found when I was level 23). I have all Better Barter and Charismatic Nature and the traders just aren't getting any lathes either.

The only coil weapon I have is a level 37 coilsniper and since gamestage keeps rising, I think I'll soon run into severe problems if I don't get better weapons.

Are there any particular good places to look for lathes? Until this game I've always just found them early on, so I haven't really noticed where I found them. Not had any luck with Shotgun Messiahs or Working Stiffs so far, but maybe they're the best places?

6 hours ago, Similar said:

Are there any particular good places to look for lathes? Until this game I've always just found them early on, so I haven't really noticed where I found them. Not had any luck with Shotgun Messiahs or Working Stiffs so far, but maybe they're the best places?

Working stiff crates, Secret Stash crates are the best source for these.

Look if the trader got mission for hardware stores or do mission for other POI if you know a secret stash location there.

Coil weapons alone don't help against demons, you need a laser or legendary to stop the regeneration.

For all other Zs other weapons are fine, coil just got more DPS.

But even without coil you should be fine. For mellee weapons NiCd battery works wonder. A shocked Z can't harm you or move toward you when used by a range weapon.

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Canute said:

Working stiff crates, Secret Stash crates are the best source for these.

Look if the trader got mission for hardware stores or do mission for other POI if you know a secret stash location there.

Thanks. I'll see if I can remember where to find secret stashes (I don't think I've memorized very many POIs with them, sadly).

1 hour ago, Canute said:

Coil weapons alone don't help against demons, you need a laser or legendary to stop the regeneration.

For all other Zs other weapons are fine, coil just got more DPS.

But even without coil you should be fine. For mellee weapons NiCd battery works wonder. A shocked Z can't harm you or move toward you when used by a range weapon.

hmm. I have a decent M4 and a level 27 M60 and I don't really feel they do enough damage, My titanium spear does, but doing the first lab with melee doesn't seem like a great idea based on past experiences. But yeah, I should make a NiCd mod for it, and I should be able to make Blessed Metal soon too.

Last time I did the first lab I at least found some laser swords and laser pistols which would help when the demons start to appear.

Odd RNG this game. I haven't found any shotguns at all, I've only found 7 hazmat fibers in all (last game I had four hazmat mods at this point), no drones.

Traders don't have anything good. Treasure chests have basically been all crap (I even tried taking a bunch to the desert and reading them there for the higher loot stage, but except for one, the game just placed them 10km away in the forest biome...).

42 minutes ago, Similar said:

but doing the first lab with melee doesn't seem like a great idea based on past experiences.

Did you mean the Bunker at the ice biome ? Why not. Sure a spear or other blade don't got the stoping power like blunts. But special at the bunker are many doorways you can use.

Try to watch Snowbee's youtube video about farming the Bunker.

Bring serveral iron hatches with you, place them before the door and open it. That should block the way, and you can safty stab over the hatch. Like i mention before NiCd battery is a must have for mellee weapon. The shocking doing little extra damage and keep the Z at place.
Robotic turrets can  add decent extra damage too.

But you come close to the stage you will encounter more and more demons. If you don't have any laser or legendary weapons so far. I suggest to do some lvl 5 buried supplies quest. The chest can have some laser weapon/tool + ammo.

Just do chicken run tactic, dig until Z appear then run/drive 200m+ away and come back for digging.

No need to fight the spawn, since you don't need to stay in range (no quest objective for that.)

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Similar said:

Having a slight problem in my current game. I'm level 80 and I've never found a lathe (loot has been kind of mediocre all game, despite me having loot goggles and having all loot perks, except for the watch I found when I was level 23). I have all Better Barter and Charismatic Nature and the traders just aren't getting any lathes either.

The only coil weapon I have is a level 37 coilsniper and since gamestage keeps rising, I think I'll soon run into severe problems if I don't get better weapons.

Working Stiff and Shotgun Messiah.

Joel has a really good chance of selling them.

5 hours ago, Cherry Poppinz said:

Does anyone else feel like an Incubus one shotting you with 300 wellness and modded out titanium armor is a bit much? It kinda sucks to work your way up to that wellness and armor and not be able to recover from a fireball. Not even a fighting chance

I wanted them to remain a threat no matter what. And now they are. Better get parkouring 😛

4 hours ago, Thundy said:

Hi does DFalls-KrunchMap-Large-12K have CP POIs? :)

No idea.

5 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Working Stiff and Shotgun Messiah.

Joel has a really good chance of selling them.

ah, thanks. I haven't found a Joel yet, so I'll go exploring more (it's one of your Large maps, which really is rather large, and I think there must be at least two separate road networks, of which I've only discovered one, with six traders. Either that or the snow biome, which I haven't even found yet despite much travelling, has no towns at all).

Edit: heh. After about an hour and a half's drive I found a Joel, and he had a lathe. yay.

Edited by Similar
Update (see edit history)

2022-06-16T20:29:36 1566.037 WRN numberSpawned: 28/10|overflowPrevention: 28/10
2022-06-16T20:29:36 1566.037 WRN numberSpawned: 28/10|overflowPrevention: 28/10
2022-06-16T20:29:36 1566.037 WRN numberSpawned: 27/10|overflowPrevention: 28/10

What is this and can it be fixed? Twice now I've tried to do the Research Lab quest. I start out ok but after a while reloading or changing weapons stops working reliably and I quickly die. You might say "it's only a warning, ignore it" but I get this warning thousands of time. I saved the log from the first run and counted over 27,000 of these warnings in the short time before I died. Memory doesn't seem to be a problem, and I'm still getting reasonable fps and can run around, so it's not like my pc is chugging. I've searched for this warning and only found one mention on the discord from someone else that had it in the Research Lab. He  was told to ignore it. Maybe this is not related to my loss of control, but it would be nice to rule it out.

On 6/15/2022 at 10:50 PM, Cherry Poppinz said:

Does anyone else feel like an Incubus one shotting you with 300 wellness and modded out titanium armor is a bit much? It kinda sucks to work your way up to that wellness and armor and not be able to recover from a fireball. Not even a fighting chance

Of course it's stupid, it's not even really a question. In close quarters like a 5x3 room, or low framerates, the projectile will hit you before you can even observe it exists. The incubus also prioritizes firing that insta-kill off every time the cooldown is gone over moving to and engaging the player in melee - so if it gets into or near melee range of you and the cooldown is up, it will instant kill you with an unavoidable ranged attack from 2 feet away. Just change DFhandDemonIncubus in Items.xml Damage Entity value to something reasonable like 50-150 depending on your progression, instead of 250 damage. Line 37572.

10 minutes ago, wormxwood said:

Of course it's stupid, it's not even really a question. In close quarters like a 5x3 room, or low framerates, the projectile will hit you before you can even observe it exists. The incubus also prioritizes firing that insta-kill off every time the cooldown is gone over moving to and engaging the player in melee - so if it gets into or near melee range of you and the cooldown is up, it will instant kill you with an unavoidable ranged attack from 2 feet away. Just change DFhandDemonIncubus in Items.xml Damage Entity value to something reasonable like 50-150 depending on your progression, instead of 250 damage. Line 37572.

I agree 100%. Don’t get me wrong @KhaineGB, I truly appreciate this overhaul mod. It’s super fun, but it just feels a little ridiculous to be that geared up to get one shot. I get if it was one shot with 200 wellness and health and below, but when you start putting points into health nut it feels less rewarding getting one shot. Again, don’t  get me wrong, I appreciate the work you put in and the wonderful community. Hopefully it’s something to look at in the near future. Cheers!

So I have a small problem... I recently installed the mod pack on my hosted server, everything works great except for when I get close to "Some" buildings, they disappear and you can walk through them like they don't exist. All three members of my server who are playing at this time report these buildings disappearing also...any fix for this?

That seems to be the map not loading properly not a mod issue. Usually when the map isn’t loading there’s issues with the amount of ram being allotted to your game server if you are on a shared machine or VDS specially if it’s a large map.

usually reloading a new game save with the map can potentially fix that.

19 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

It is definitely not related to your loss of control because that ONLY triggers in the small bunker, not the big one. Because the spawner is disabled in the big one.

So ignore it.

Are you saying that warning only triggers in the small bunker? This is definitely at the Research Lab, where Anna sends you for the last quest in the story line. I had set the total zombies to one step less than default before this to try and get a bit better performance in cities. Maybe that was too low for all the spawns at the lab? Anyway, I tried again after setting total zombies a further one step lower, and decreasing animals by one step. I still had those warnings but this time I made it through. I was lucky to find a laser M60 which helped but also didn't have trouble with controls.

14 hours ago, zeke24 said:

That seems to be the map not loading properly not a mod issue. Usually when the map isn’t loading there’s issues with the amount of ram being allotted to your game server if you are on a shared machine or VDS specially if it’s a large map.

usually reloading a new game save with the map can potentially fix that.

So it seems like the only building that are disappearing are the prefabs from the mod. the Vanilla prefabs are the only buildings that are NOT disappearing. I have tried 3 different saves, i have tried 4 different worlds, and all the same stuff. I'm at a loss for why this is happening.

Hi Khaine -

I play on an LG OLED TV. As such, I attempt to do everything I can to minimize the chance of image burn in.

A couple of requests/questions:

1. can you advise and/or incorporate the ability to turn the game version text in the upper-right corner off?

2. I can lower the UI transparency, but the text in the UI is still glaring - can you set it so the text on the UI (for example, on the toolbelt, the number of ammo you have) reduces with the UI transparency setting?

I'd also like to hear from other OLED users interested in minimizing static images in 7D2D to see what you are doing.

Unfortunately, F7 to toggle the HUD breaks the ability to interact with game objects.

Thanks everyone! And special thanks to Khaine for such an awesome mod and community support!

Edited by Loftus (see edit history)

I have a question about screamer spawning. I understand how to minimize screamer spawn when I am mining.  The problem I am having now is with screamers showing up when I am trying to clear POI's.  I am not sure what triggers them to appear when clearing a POI so I don't know what to do differently to minimize spawn. Since I am not digging I assume it is not a heat map issue ?  Does adding silencers to my guns help in a meaningful way ? What else can/should I be doing to prevent screamer spawn ?

Thanks in advance for any tips..  

It is basicly the same like digging.

Creating heat at 7days, isn't only about creating fire (campfire,furnace) it is about noise too.

That why at mining with a pickaxe a screamer appear much later then when you use an auger.

Same with weapons, silencer helps alot to reduce the heat amout you create.

Robotic turrets don't wake sleeper (unless triggered) and don't generate heat (so far i know), unless you use them from the toolbelt.

13 hours ago, Loftus said:

Hi Khaine -

I play on an LG OLED TV. As such, I attempt to do everything I can to minimize the chance of image burn in.

A couple of requests/questions:

1. can you advise and/or incorporate the ability to turn the game version text in the upper-right corner off?

2. I can lower the UI transparency, but the text in the UI is still glaring - can you set it so the text on the UI (for example, on the toolbelt, the number of ammo you have) reduces with the UI transparency setting?

I'd also like to hear from other OLED users interested in minimizing static images in 7D2D to see what you are doing.

Unfortunately, F7 to toggle the HUD breaks the ability to interact with game objects.

Thanks everyone! And special thanks to Khaine for such an awesome mod and community support!

1) You can't turn it off.
2) No

And it's an OLED. You shouldn't be having image burn in. Image burn in hasn't been an issue since CRT, Plasma and ORIGINAL LCD days. I've got a 13 year old monitor on my desktop that's been in use for various different things (more recently, static text for coding) and i've never had image burn in.

6 hours ago, newbie said:

I have a question about screamer spawning. I understand how to minimize screamer spawn when I am mining.  The problem I am having now is with screamers showing up when I am trying to clear POI's.  I am not sure what triggers them to appear when clearing a POI so I don't know what to do differently to minimize spawn. Since I am not digging I assume it is not a heat map issue ?  Does adding silencers to my guns help in a meaningful way ? What else can/should I be doing to prevent screamer spawn ?

Thanks in advance for any tips..  

Guns are loud and summon screamers. Use silencers.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)