Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

9 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Your map is missing razor so the quest auto fails.

Sorry for disturbing more, but what kind of map do you recommend me to play, we are 2 or 3 people who play or if we can somehow get razor on this map

Thank you very much

Edited by EDETA (see edit history)

Any map with DF prefix is made for this overhaul and contain all DF related POIs.

The suffix CP mean, combopack POIs are at the world, and now guess what noCP could mean.

When you generate a random map, you need to be sure all DF related POIs are generated too. Since it is random, there isn't a garanty that they are there.

On 7/4/2022 at 10:42 AM, Poundshop_Paladin said:

Hi all,

Having a bit of an issue with some of the traders on my solo DF game. about half of them work as intended, but a few(including the mod trader) are bringing up a console error message along the lines of 'Object Reference not set'. Had a sniff around for answers online but turned up nothing so found myself here. Any way around it? I've tried killing a couple to see if they respawn and work, but just trying to establish whether there's a fix or they're just gonna remain bugged for this run. Bit rough as I'm struggling to source a laser bench at the moment and my gear is getting obsolete!

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

This is an old topic, but I was able to reproduce it and found the cause.

It is caused by incorrect settings for POIs included in the CP map.
POIs with part_ and rwg_tile_ in their names should not be quest targets, but they are incorrectly designated as targets.

The following files included in the DF are incorrect :

rwg_tile_industrial_straight_asylum_03.xml
rwg_tile_downtown_cap_skyscraper_04.xml
rwg_tile_downtown_intersection_villa_03.xml

You will need to remove the line '<property name="QuestTags"~' in these files.
The original CompoPack has the same mistake, but it can be fixed in the same way.

You can easily check for errors by using an appropriate string search tool.
For example, at the DOS prompt, go to the mod folder and type :

findstr /s QuestTags *rwg_tile_*.xml

Check the '*part_*.xml' files in the same way.

If the above POI is selected as the target, you will get the following error when talking to the trader :

ERR [XUi] Error while updating window group 'radial':
EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

This error only occurs when the above POI is selected as the quest target :
- This will only happen for traders with the above POI nearby.
- It does not happen until the quest reaches Tier 5 (all problematic POIs were Tier 5).
- If the above POI is not selected as one of the randomly selected POIs after talking to it many times, only then the error does not occur.

On 8/2/2022 at 10:36 PM, HarleyD said:

Can we not add prefabs to this mod or am I missing something?

You should be able to

4 hours ago, kanealpha said:

SO from 41. on DF will not have Compopack and the included POIs anymore?

Nope. I'm going to make sure the compopack we have in 4.03 will be a modlet that you can easily add though. I just dont want it in the base install. Causes too much lag.

Hi, just registered an account to ask a few questions in this thread.  I really enjoy the mod, thanks for your efforts.

1.  If Compopack is taken out, will there still be a lot of new/different POIs compared to vanilla?  I'm new enough to DF that I don't know what's from compopack and what's not.  If you don't recommend compopack is there some other collection of POIs in a mod or modlet that people recommend to use with DF?

2.  I game on a PC, things work great.  But I have a friend with a 2019 macbook pro (nvidia gpu).  Searching this thread, there's nothing about mac installs since early 2021.  Is anyone running the current version on a mac, and if so, what instructions did you follow so that I can tell my friend?   (thanks)

3.  What are the most popular mods/modlets to install alongside DF?  I see that Sorcery is supported and looks interesting.  Anything else people frequently recommend?

4.  I have a really fast PC built at the start of this year.  intel 12th gen alder lake, gen4 pcie ssd, nvidia 3060, 32gb ddr4.  But loading into a DF game takes ages compared to vanilla, or any other game really.  It's surprising.  medium size DF map.  Is that due to compopack, or is there some magical setting I should tweak?

1. Not for 4.04. We're working on our own pack for 4.1 though.

2. Honestly, it's easier if they just bootcamp windows or linux.

3. This is an overhaul. Most mods/modlets aren't going to work.

4. Put it on your nvme drive. It takes ages on both my laptop and desktop too. It's because it needs to decompress the extra models included in the mod, which vanilla DOESNT need to do.

9 hours ago, pmchem said:

3.  What are the most popular mods/modlets to install alongside DF?  I see that Sorcery is supported and looks interesting.  Anything else people frequently recommend?

You shouldn't add modlets that add new items. Since crafting is different at overhauls, you might not be able to craft them or at the wrong quality.

But some QoL mods works with DF like Quickstack,Craft from container,pin recipe.

Sorry for google translate.
I read today that you are making a new version of the mod.
Listen to my suggestions, maybe they will help make the mod even better. (although there will be a lot of work :(:) )

Now in fashion, the relationship of items from the level of pumping is broken.
1. Loot at high levels of development does not drop out of the color that I can already craft, so it becomes useless.
2. Zone of radiation contamination, appears too late. You can only go to the radiation zone for fun or find a workbench of the future! Strange as it may seem, but it will be used to make items necessary to defeat the demons in the radiation zone.
At this stage of the game, it is no longer necessary to go to the radiation zone after receiving the workbench.

I propose to increase the radiation zone, at the time of the game, when it is not yet possible to fully make a protective suit, there should be very good loot in the zone.
You can periodically risk your health to run there to get super loot.
At high LVL, this will no longer be relevant.
Radiation is an invisible, inaudible enemy, remove the creepy green filling in the eyes, so that nothing is visible, let there be a slight light, but that would not interfere with the game.

Everything inside the radioactive zone should have a bonus 2-3 times higher - loot, crops, (however strange it is, in fact).

In the first versions of your mod it was much more interesting.
It was necessary in small shelters to farm keys and red cards.
I used to run in a half suit of protection to this area in order to knock out energy armor from monsters. Was in this area to raid, now not.
In the same place it would be possible to make weapons against demons on the machine.
Sorry, but the presence of upgrader mods for any armor, radiation protection, killed all the point in this zone. This is equivalent to a radiation switch in the game, put everything on and it became an ordinary area.
I have already described new progress, developments in one of the topics, please search. I only apologize for Google translator.

What I dream about, from what you don't have at all!

In one of the ancient mods of another author, it was like this - You live in a forest biome and after a few days everything is covered with snow and the temperature drops terribly, and after a couple of days it's summer again. It was very beautiful and realistic!
Thank you for your attention

6 hours ago, User2010w said:

1. Loot at high levels of development does not drop out of the color that I can already craft, so it becomes useless.

Get higher level.

Special when you come to craft items from the laser-workbench, you craft boni from the class don't count.

And even you can craft 70 quality, you still need other items to repair them, since when you would repair them with the repairkit they would degrade.

2. Zone of radiation contamination, appears too late. You can only go to the radiation zone for fun or find a workbench of the future! Strange as it may seem, but it will be used to make items necessary to defeat the demons in the radiation zone.

Looks like you don't progress into the storyline.

Even when you can find a laser-workbench very rare at Jens secret stash, your pimary goal is to craft a laser-worklbench at the research lab, which is located at the wasteland.

Radiation is an invisible, inaudible enemy, remove the creepy green filling in the eyes, so that nothing is visible, let there be a slight light, but that would not interfere with the game.

Craft anti-rad pills and use them before you enter the wasteland. Or use a hazmat suit or hazmat mods.

17 hours ago, Canute said:

Get higher level.

Special when you come to craft items from the laser-workbench, you craft boni from the class don't count.

And even you can craft 70 quality, you still need other items to repair them, since when you would repair them with the repairkit they would degrade.

Looks like you don't progress into the storyline.

Even when you can find a laser-workbench very rare at Jens secret stash, your pimary goal is to craft a laser-worklbench at the research lab, which is located at the wasteland.

Craft anti-rad pills and use them before you enter the wasteland. Or use a hazmat suit or hazmat mods.

Honestly, feel free to ignore that person. They come on here and complain a lot about how much the mod has changed and how it's not as good as it used to be...

When, in actual fact, it really hasn't. There's been some tweaks based on user feedback, but it's largely the same. And they refuse to accept that.

Just now, KhaineGB said:

Честно говоря, не стесняйтесь игнорировать этого человека. Они приходят сюда и много жалуются на то, как сильно мод изменился и что он не так хорош, как раньше...

Хотя на самом деле это не так. Были внесены некоторые изменения, основанные на отзывах пользователей, но в основном это то же самое. И они отказываются принять это.

And no one comes here to whine!
There is a logical sequence of the game, but here it is broken, since all the actions in the radioactive zone are an artificial tightening of the gameplay!
You are offered food for thought!
If you build a step-by-step diagram with branches and dependencies, then you yourself will see everything!

Excuse us dumb-headed idiots and moron for having dared to mess with your forum!!
My time is very valuable to spend on you!

You do realise that radiation you're complaining about has been a core component of Darkness Falls since Alpha 16?

Right?

You understand that?

Because if you do, then you will understand my comment.

Just accept this mod is not for you and move along.

23 hours ago, User2010w said:

Sorry for google translate.
I read today that you are making a new version of the mod.
Listen to my suggestions, maybe they will help make the mod even better. (although there will be a lot of work :(:) )

Now in fashion, the relationship of items from the level of pumping is broken.
At this stage of the game, it is no longer necessary to go to the radiation zone after receiving the workbench.

I propose to increase the radiation zone, at the time of the game, when it is not yet possible to fully make a protective suit, there should be very good loot in the zone.
You can periodically risk your health to run there to get super loot.
At high LVL, this will no longer be relevant.

Everything inside the radioactive zone should have a bonus 2-3 times higher - loot, crops, (however strange it is, in fact).

In the first versions of your mod it was much more interesting.
It was necessary in small shelters to farm keys and red cards.
I used to run in a half suit of protection to this area in order to knock out energy armor from monsters. Was in this area to raid, now not.
In the same place it would be possible to make weapons against demons on the machine.
Sorry, but the presence of upgrader mods for any armor, radiation protection, killed all the point in this zone. This is equivalent to a radiation switch in the game, put everything on and it became an ordinary area.
I have already described new progress, developments in one of the topics, please search. I only apologize for Google translator.

What I dream about, from what you don't have at all!

In one of the ancient mods of another author, it was like this - You live in a forest biome and after a few days everything is covered with snow and the temperature drops terribly, and after a couple of days it's summer again. It was very beautiful and realistic!
Thank you for your attention

Although since you seem to apparently want a response to this pure nonsense...

1) No it's not. Repairing causes quality loss. Combining 2 of the same item does NOT cause quality loss. Therefore lower level loot is still useful to repair your items without losing quality levels.

2) DF has always been like that. Your comments on radiation will therefore be ignored unless you're volunteering to write a C# patch so I can apply it randomly to biomes and POI's?

No, crops are not getting a bonus to being grown in the wasteland/radiation.

Wasteland/radiation already has a loot bonus just from being within the biome (along with a gamestage increase as well).

You still need to farm keys. Why you think you don't, I have no clue.

And this is why I told the other user to ignore your comments.

You claim things have changed since earlier versions. They haven't.

Now go away.

Oh, and the weather stuff?

That was Starvation mod. I'm not morte. I'm not a god tier coder.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

On 8/6/2022 at 7:20 PM, KhaineGB said:

1. Not for 4.04. We're working on our own pack for 4.1 though.

2. Honestly, it's easier if they just bootcamp windows or linux.

3. This is an overhaul. Most mods/modlets aren't going to work.

4. Put it on your nvme drive. It takes ages on both my laptop and desktop too. It's because it needs to decompress the extra models included in the mod, which vanilla DOESNT need to do.

hey, thanks.  looking forward to 4.1.   regarding #2/#3, if any other users have comments regarding installation of DF on macs or modlets, I'm all ears.  re: #4, yeah, it's on my gen4 nvme drive already (only drive in system).  it was just unusually slow enough that I thought I'd mention it.  I suspect 4.1 will be better -- we'll find out soon enough.

Hello all...new here and absolutely adore this mod and all the work.-thank you.

I have run into an issue when using the Big Forge and trying to make any item:

1642.049 EXC NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Anyone help?  I would greatly appreciate it.  

It is all about the water, check if there are still water there.
I tried the underground water things self once, but i wasn't satisfied with it, so i switched back to 2 rows plot with 1 row water left and right.
Once you got irrigation you can place the pipes below the plots and it is working well.