Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

8 hours ago, Beeradd said:

Hello,
I recently updated to A20.5 and keep getting some XUi bugs on startup. My console starts automatically and the serverBrowser, optionsVideo, and optionsAudio window all pop up at once. The windows are throwing an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error. I checked the output_log file and those errors were not there after I closed the game.
I've also never posted on this forum and have no idea how to share the screen shot of the bug (yes I know how dumb). 

Make sure you've downloaded the latest DF, which is 4.03A.

3 hours ago, 8 Ball said:

I’m having an issue progressing the story line. I’ve done 15 white river scout missions but every time I click the open trade routes mission from her it just says failed automatically. Do you have a fix for this? 

Then your map is missing Razor.

You miss one or more DF related POIs.

If you want to continue, you just should modify an existing POI with the missing POI .

From the discord FAQ

RWG (Random World Gen) now works for Darkness Falls, in that it will place POIs in the correct biomes - however (and this is especially true for small maps) it is not guaranteed to place all POIs. ⚠️If you’re going to use RWG, you must check that the following POIs exist. If not, you can manually place them (although that’s beyond the scope of this FAQ).

DFalls_Annas_House - Any non-wasteland city, Khaine prefers forest. DFalls_Eves_Camp - Desert DFalls_Military_Bunker - Snow DFalls_Razors_House - Forest (desert would probably be ok too) DFalls_Resarch_Lab1 - Wasteland DFalls_settlement_caitlin - Wasteland To check if a POI exists, you enable debug mode, then choose POI Teleporter from the in-game menu, then search for DFalls. @DF insane is the real experience has a video showing how to do this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff2vTqGy0fI

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

There is no DFpregen6k.

There's DFalls-Vsmall1-NoCP, DFalls-Vsmall2-NoCP, DFalls-Vsmall1-CP, DFalls-Small1-NoCP, DFalls-Small2-NoCP, DFalls-Small1-CP, DFalls-Medium1-NoCP, DFalls-Medium2-NoCP, DFalls-Medium1-CP, DFalls-Large1-NoCP, DFalls-Large2-NoCP, DFalls-Large1-CP, DFalls-XLarge1-NoCP, DFalls-XLarge1-CP, DFalls-Navezgane

And that's it. Any other world that has "pregen" in the name is NOT a DF world and thus does not have the POI's.

15 hours ago, zeke24 said:

Is that on a yellow error? In the 7days to die console ?

No they are red errors in the console on startup. 

10 hours ago, Canute said:

At first, did you turn EAC off ? Or simply use the 7DaysToDie.exe not the 7DaysToDie_EAC.exe.

When that wasn't he problem, you should start from the beginning.

Have a clean 7d2d installation, no other modlets.

Made a copy of that installation and instal/unzip/copy DF into that.

Start the 7DaysToDie.exe.

I've tried both, launching the 7DaysToDie.exe and trying the launcher and disabling EAC. Yes I've tried clean installs 

Playing Darkness Falls, ive met all the stated reqs for making steel.

weapon 2, tool 2, science 3. Ive made an advanced forge and put all 4 items in crucible tool/die ect ect

The game still says i dont meet the req to make forged steel, what am i doing wrong please ?

58 minutes ago, Beeradd said:

This seems to have done the trick thank you, is there a way to see what version of the mod you have in the files/repo? 

No but i'm making sure it's in the modinfo.xml from 4.1 onwards. When I remember.

25 minutes ago, DiesFourth said:

Playing Darkness Falls, ive met all the stated reqs for making steel.

weapon 2, tool 2, science 3. Ive made an advanced forge and put all 4 items in crucible tool/die ect ect

The game still says i dont meet the req to make forged steel, what am i doing wrong please ?

Did you take Steel Crafting?

I was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I was able to install the mod, log in, create a player profile, and play the game for 6 hours a couple days ago. I logged in today and my player profile does not exist.  I looked through the game and mod files and it doesn't appear that any player profiles exist anywhere there either. I was trying to find a fix somewhere but wasn't able to.  Does anyone know anything about this?

On 7/19/2022 at 5:24 PM, Giakou said:

Hi, I'm having a bit of an issue with this mod. When I make the irrigation pump, place it and then exit the game, it is gone the next time I continue the game. So every time I launch the game I have to make and place a new one.

It happens every single time. I'm making my 24th irrigation pump right now.

I have no other mods so it has to be this one.

Or am I doing something wrong? I make a rain catcher, wait for the water to show up and then place the pump in the water.

13 hours ago, Giakou said:

Or am I doing something wrong? I make a rain catcher, wait for the water to show up and then place the pump in the water.

I don't think you do anything wrong from the gameplay side.

It is more an issue with the installation, with the world/savegame or whatever.

Try at first,

create a new world at Singleplayer, be sure cheating is on.

When you are in at the world, open the creative menu, at the backpack the "new" lamp icon.

Give yourself an irrigation pump, pipes, raincater and whatever you want else.

Setup a small field with that stuff.

Logout, login and check if anything is there.

- When anything is working and the pump isn't gone, then is something wrong with the world.

- When the pump is gone , you should consider a complete new install, or just try at first to overinstal the latest DF version and try again.

Is anyone having issues with the 6x8 sized Elevator? I have two elevators going from all the way to the bottom till past ground level, maybe 6 blocks above it. Mine gets stuck saying it's in use even though it already has reached the level, but it keeps playing the sound as if it is moving. The slightly smaller 4x6 one works properly, and the 2x2 that I have is also working good.

To get the 6x8 working I have to bring it further down, decrease the height it moves vertically.

I really would like the 6x8 as the 4x6 is pretty tight fitting most big vehicles.

Edited by funk (see edit history)

On 7/22/2022 at 11:30 PM, Giakou said:

It's not working with the spawned blocks of the raincatchers(or close to them, might just be a waterblock spawning in them or smth). Use a bucket and place it yourself. You can't pick up water from raincatchers with buckets up either, their waterblocks don't seem to have a hitbox at all. 

Edited by Darklight (see edit history)

Not sure if this has happened to anybody else, but just after my first horde night, I was level 250. This in itself wasn't the problem. I stopped getting xp for the next few days like it's supposed to work, but when I was expanding my underground storage base, I suddenly rolled over to level 1. It seems like I'm leveling much slower than the first time around as well, like the level scaling didn't reset. Currently around lvl 127 again.

Hello,

I started to play 7dtd A20.5 few days ago with my twitch chat while streaming and later decided to add Darkness Falls overhaul mod. We played for few days with only some issues like sometimes console pop up with some error, or twitch action window enlarge to the margine of screen and shrink back later.

Now I played for maybe 2 hours, than did fast relaunch of game and from that time, when I enable twitch integration, console show up with infinite errors (the first 3 rows are from console and log, rest is from log):

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) [0x00029] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () [0x00000] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0
at XUiC_TwitchCommandList.SetupCommandList () [0x00161] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0
at XUiC_TwitchCommandList.TwitchManager_CommandsChanged () [0x00000] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0
at Twitch.TwitchManager.ResetDailyCommands (System.Int32 currentDay, System.Int32 lastGameStage) [0x001e1] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0
at Twitch.TwitchManager.Update (System.Single deltaTime) [0x00768] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0
at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x000c4] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0
at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0

Didn't find anything about this at google, so I am trying this forum. File verify done. Thank you for your help.

5 hours ago, Chivalric said:

Not sure if this has happened to anybody else, but just after my first horde night, I was level 250. This in itself wasn't the problem. I stopped getting xp for the next few days like it's supposed to work, but when I was expanding my underground storage base, I suddenly rolled over to level 1. It seems like I'm leveling much slower than the first time around as well, like the level scaling didn't reset. Currently around lvl 127 again.

Haven't had that one myself, but i've increased the level cap to 500 for 4.1.

2 hours ago, Hromotvor said:
Hello,

I started to play 7dtd A20.5 few days ago with my twitch chat while streaming and later decided to add Darkness Falls overhaul mod. We played for few days with only some issues like sometimes console pop up with some error, or twitch action window enlarge to the margine of screen and shrink back later.

Now I played for maybe 2 hours, than did fast relaunch of game and from that time, when I enable twitch integration, console show up with infinite errors (the first 3 rows are from console and log, rest is from log):

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) [0x00029] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () [0x00000] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0
at XUiC_TwitchCommandList.SetupCommandList () [0x00161] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0
at XUiC_TwitchCommandList.TwitchManager_CommandsChanged () [0x00000] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0
at Twitch.TwitchManager.ResetDailyCommands (System.Int32 currentDay, System.Int32 lastGameStage) [0x001e1] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0
at Twitch.TwitchManager.Update (System.Single deltaTime) [0x00768] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0
at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x000c4] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0
at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0

Didn't find anything about this at google, so I am trying this forum. File verify done. Thank you for your help.

This was answered in this thread already. There's a replacement file posted in the discord and linked here.

Posted this on discord but crossposting here.

V4.04-DEV-B1

- Updated for A20.6.
- Should include the fixed twitch file if I copied the right one, because twitch nerds apparently can't live without twitch integration.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YzbZdW5UuYhextWaw_VGVPlOpLREAC41/view?usp=sharing

And before anyone asks.

IT ONLY WORKS ON A20.6 EXPERIMENTAL!!!
NO IT'S NOT ON THE LAUNCHER.
YES THAT'S THE ONLY LINK YOU GET.
YES YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY INSTALL.

There.  😛