Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

First of all, thank you very much for this mod!

Just a quick question, but I noticed that when I select laborer it locks me out of getting skills such as Steel Tool Crafting. As a result, I can't get skills such as the last rank of Ammo Crafting as it requires steel tool crafting. This is the same with other skills like Workbench Tools, which requires Forge Ahead. I was wondering if there's a workaround to this?

First of all, thank you very much for this mod!

Just a quick question, but I noticed that when I select laborer it locks me out of getting skills such as Steel Tool Crafting. As a result, I can't get skills such as the last rank of Ammo Crafting as it requires steel tool crafting. This is the same with other skills like Workbench Tools, which requires Forge Ahead. I was wondering if there's a workaround to this?

I think you will get it automatically once you meet all the requirement. In my case, I need level 80 to buy a level 4 perk (science perk I think)

I think you will get it automatically once you meet all the requirement. In my case, I need level 80 to buy a level 4 perk (science perk I think)

Hmm... I was doing some tests earlier and boosted myself to around level 100, got Steel Tool Crafting, and was able buy the last level of Ammo Crafting. But when I added laborer as one of my classes, suddenly I was locked out of the last level of Ammo Crafting (it had a red 3/4 displayed instead of 4).

Is it inteneded for power attacks to not freeze the stamina regen for a few seconds? Was on day 7 and accdentally used one and was like "Wait a minute here..." *tries again* "Stam regen isin't temp frozen after hitting with a power atk?" Also I know laborer is a class, but I feel steel crafting should be much higher, I don't mind being able to MAKE Forged Steel, but to make stuff out of it should need lv 50 or 70, as 20 is too early imo. Also with Miner 69'er 3 I am getting 205 wood from choping down a fruit tree in 1 hit to get the fruit.

Edited by Scyris (see edit history)

Hmm... I was doing some tests earlier and boosted myself to around level 100, got Steel Tool Crafting, and was able buy the last level of Ammo Crafting. But when I added laborer as one of my classes, suddenly I was locked out of the last level of Ammo Crafting (it had a red 3/4 displayed instead of 4).

That was my bad. I had steel crafting as a requirement for the last level of ammo crafting.

I shall remove it for 2.11. :)

Is it inteneded for power attacks to not freeze the stamina regen for a few seconds? Was on day 7 and accdentally used one and was like "Wait a minute here..." *tries again* "Stam regen isin't temp frozen after hitting with a power atk?" Also I know laborer is a class, but I feel steel crafting should be much higher, I don't mind being able to MAKE Forged Steel, but to make stuff out of it should need lv 50 or 70, as 20 is too early imo. Also with Miner 69'er 3 I am getting 205 wood from choping down a fruit tree in 1 hit to get the fruit.

No, that's not intentional for the stamina regen. May have to look into why it does that... but I'm also semi not concerned about it.

The only thing the laborer can really make early is the steel tools, which I think is fine. Maybe guns if they get the schematics and lathe because RNG loves you. Steel armor is going to need a high level no matter what and most other stuff can be made with iron.

Any way to get a better performance? With this mod, my fps go from 20 to 40

This issue doesn't happen with vanilla :(

Turn off shadows, reflections or try gfx pp enable 0 in the console.

Sounds like the mod may be loading more assets than RAM you have available though. It typically uses 6-7GB RAM while playing for me... and that's just for 7DTD.

Yeah You still need a few levels into the Sex t-rex and the weapon of choice perk before you can really spam power attacks a ton. evenb with 3 sex rex, 3 in bluntsm which is 30% less stam used iirc, sledge power attack still takes a decent chunk, after a few I gotta stop and rest.

Hi,

Is Xyth's NPC Modlet still compatible with the experimental version of this Mod? I did encounter SphereII NPC several times lately but the others are nowhere to be found.

Also i started my game with the stable version of this mod, then switched to experimental (same savegame). I finished my class quest in stable but in experimental they are greyed out. And i cannot buy the skills. When i craft a class book in experimental and select the class that i already finished in stable it won't let me read it. Can this be solved by going back to stable branche?

Edited by RevX99 (see edit history)

Hi,

Is Xyth's NPC Modlet still compatible with the experimental version of this Mod? I did encounter SphereII NPC several times lately but the others are nowhere to be found.

Also i started my game with the stable version of this mod, then switched to experimental (same savegame). I finished my class quest in stable but in experimental they are greyed out. And i cannot buy the skills. When i craft a class book in experimental and select the class that i already finished in stable it won't let me read it. Can this be solved by going back to stable branche?

Its possible, but some advice: Don't mix saves between stable and experemental, bad things can happen like your class book issue.

Also is there a purpose to half just about of a 8k map being radiation zone, with super op zombies and stuff? I mean the stuff in there looks like it'd take forever to kill. Do enemies like the Succubus have special boss-like drops? considering she has 15000 hp or so. I can't even think how you'd kill something like that with how weak the guns are generally in the game. I'm also not a fan of how op the debuff is for going into radiation you even touch it for half a second, and if you got no anti-rad meds, your pretty much dead, as it seems to do 4 damage a second and lasts 5000 seconds.

Lastly anyway to disable the behemoth zombies? Just started a new game got stuck in the wasteland one spawned and killed me, because nothing I could do at night would get it off me, as stealth does not work at all on them. Normally you can run away a bit go into stealth and get away if its dark out, doesn't work on those though so its pretty much guarnteed death if you lack a vechicle. At least i've never managed to get away from one on foot yet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28472[/ATTACH]

So I have just started playing Darkness Falls and made it to the 1st trader, when I go to the traders inventory, this is what I see.. Can't sell anything at all. Not sure what has happened.

Not sure why it's doing that. It WAS doing it in an old experimental version, and I fixed it, so that's very odd.

Hi,

In theory the modlet is compatible because the SDX dependencies are already compiled and included.

As for the class issue, it SOUNDS like it might have partially reset your character, which is very odd since I've got testers switching back and forth without issue.

Its possible, but some advice: Don't mix saves between stable and experemental, bad things can happen like your class book issue.

Also is there a purpose to half just about of a 8k map being radiation zone, with super op zombies and stuff? I mean the stuff in there looks like it'd take forever to kill. Do enemies like the Succubus have special boss-like drops? considering she has 15000 hp or so. I can't even think how you'd kill something like that with how weak the guns are generally in the game. I'm also not a fan of how op the debuff is for going into radiation you even touch it for half a second, and if you got no anti-rad meds, your pretty much dead, as it seems to do 4 damage a second and lasts 5000 seconds.

Lastly anyway to disable the behemoth zombies? Just started a new game got stuck in the wasteland one spawned and killed me, because nothing I could do at night would get it off me, as stealth does not work at all on them. Normally you can run away a bit go into stealth and get away if its dark out, doesn't work on those though so its pretty much guarnteed death if you lack a vechicle. At least i've never managed to get away from one on foot yet.

Mmmmkay. There IS a point to it.... but there's not supposed to be that much radiation. I'm gonna be tweaking the RWG to see if I can fix that.

You can disable them in entitygroups. I don't recommend disabling them in entityclasses because it'll screw up some POI's.

Not sure why it's doing that. It WAS doing it in an old experimental version, and I fixed it, so that's very odd.

In theory the modlet is compatible because the SDX dependencies are already compiled and included.

As for the class issue, it SOUNDS like it might have partially reset your character, which is very odd since I've got testers switching back and forth without issue.

Mmmmkay. There IS a point to it.... but there's not supposed to be that much radiation. I'm gonna be tweaking the RWG to see if I can fix that.

You can disable them in entitygroups. I don't recommend disabling them in entityclasses because it'll screw up some POI's.

Like which Poi's and how would it mess them up?

Like the bunkers and because they spawn in there.

So going into the bunker would cause an NRE if they're removed from entityclasses.

Oh yeah that'd be bad for sure. I assume a modlet with this in it would work?

<configs>

<remove xpath="/entitygroups/entity[@name=DFzombieBehemothFemale]" />

<remove xpath="/entitygroups/entity[@name=DFzombieBehemoth]" />

<remove xpath="/entitygroups/entity[@name=DFzombieBehemothFemaleRadiated]" />

<remove xpath="/entitygroups/entity[@name=DFzombieBehemothRadiated]" />

</configs>

Main reason I want em gone is they are just way to tanky and do way to much damage both block and player, I don't even see how a player could manage to kill one in a single player game. If they got you in the open I mean.

Also did you up the resources things give? I don't remember a 1200 hp tree giving almost 600 wood. with a Iron fireaxe an miner 69'er 2 and around 15 or so mining skill.

Great mod 10/10 absolutely love it, just wanna leave some bug reports here, I've found a L O T and i keep forgetting to write them down to report them so here's to starting xD.

These are all latest 2.1 update on A17.3 will fresh install and all that jazz.

1:Tailoring Workstation will duplicate leather indefinitely, 1 leather into 4, then 4 leather into 16.. so on and so forth.

2: Recipe to craft steel armor unobtainable.

3: Recipe to craft wheels unobtainable.

4: The stats for some items tier 7 and 8 are absolutely bonkers. Some rifles get up to 28k durability, some like the augur lose 80% of the durability. Worst of all is that Military Armor gets 14 armor rating and becomes the best armor in the game. Like pretty much every item t8 is broken in some way.

5: Most of the weapons added by this mod with few exceptions have wonky ADS in first person view. As in the gun is misaligned with the reticle/too low almost off the screen. Notable is Porkins shotgun is far off to the right and the M4a1 is way down there at the bottom of the screen. But most guns were off.

6: The titanium armor is beyond overpowered sporting higher armor than steel and no mobility cost with less stamina reduction than military.

It's a light armor/heavy armor/better than both tribrid monstrosity. Also if you put customized fittings on it you start to believe your character is Sonic.

7: Most of the titanium weaponry (club/sledgehammer) has 0 or extremely low stamina cost with 1 tap potential so outrageous that zombies get sent to the stratosphere in one hit every time.

8: Almost all of the custom vehicles have hard to find hitboxes, and are not flat on the ground but slanted or twisted in ways that put their models inside of the ground or walls nearby.

9: No idea if this is a vanilla bug or related to mod but the blunderbuss which is shooting stones you craft in your backpack deals significantly more damage than the shotgun. Twice as much base damage on the ammo and on the shotgun itself. Really boggles the mind.

If it's vanilla please look at changing it because it's actually stupid. Much cheaper easier to craft ammo using crap materials shouldn't deal twice the damage of high grade shotgun shells. Also why do shotgun slugs even exist? They deal less than normal shells.. Like.. FFS TFP

10:Generic Schematics are too rare, most mods weren't really even uncommon before it was just a few mods were pretty rare and while I like the idea of Generic Schematics in this current playthrough have yet to see them appear in a trader and are only rarely found elsewhere in quantities of around 3. It makes just getting basic mods a complete pain in the ass where before you'd be swimming in them, there must be a middle ground?

11: There is a POI (dunno its name no idea how to find out) but this POI has Working Stiff Tools signs right out front, 2 of them. And this POI only has a single freaking bookcase for loot. One of the weird bookcases that looks like it has stone inside of it. Either way. This POI absolutely must go or be changed to actually be a working stiff tools because it's so infuriating to go inside and find a whole lot of office space and no loot. 1 story small building mostly office looking. Pls delete it.

Will add more later when I remember them or encounter them again.

Btw really love the mod, it completely revitalized the game for me in a way none of the other overhaul mods have before. 200 hours of playtime last 2 weeks alone just having a blast <3 Thanks for making it and updating it and all that good stuff.

About the blunderbus, many mods increase the power of it due to its one shot nature. Its also not modable if I remember right. A fully modded shotgun will vastly out perform it more than likely. Its spread is also insane to the point the barrel has to be bascally inside the targets head to get a head shot. That said I never use the blunderbus, I never seen a point to it. Tried it a few times, but never used it long, prefer the bow.

As for the stuff above t6 and titanium stuff, that stuff is endgame, so it probally has not been balanced properly yet. I also assume its meant to be used on stuff like behemoths and the 1000+ hp enemies in the rad zone, of course its going to slaughter normal zombies. I always felt the armor slowing you down was stupid, especally when the skill meant to make the armor better does nothing to lower its downsides.

As for the car issues, you mean for looting? if so I agree, some of the hit boxes where you hit E to loot on them is bad at times.

As for what I was talking about with the biomes, this is my current world I am on, the brown is radiation. Every workd I generate has a large section like in the lower left of radiation, and its always in the same spot. biomes.thumb.jpg.6f9b6ad86893fd88a253b6d7bdf33aab.jpg

Also do those weird portals in the radiation zone do anything yet? other than look cool as hell?

How do i adjust the spawn rate of succubus and behemoth on blood moon? I wish to increase the number of those bosses during the blood moon to experience zombie invasion..........

wish i could encouter multiple succubus on late game like level 80+

any idea how to change the maximum zombie number on BM?

Oh yeah that'd be bad for sure. I assume a modlet with this in it would work?

<configs>

<remove xpath="/entitygroups/entity[@name=DFzombieBehemothFemale]" />

<remove xpath="/entitygroups/entity[@name=DFzombieBehemoth]" />

<remove xpath="/entitygroups/entity[@name=DFzombieBehemothFemaleRadiated]" />

<remove xpath="/entitygroups/entity[@name=DFzombieBehemothRadiated]" />

</configs>

Main reason I want em gone is they are just way to tanky and do way to much damage both block and player, I don't even see how a player could manage to kill one in a single player game. If they got you in the open I mean.

Also did you up the resources things give? I don't remember a 1200 hp tree giving almost 600 wood. with a Iron fireaxe an miner 69'er 2 and around 15 or so mining skill.

You don't wanna mass remove them. You only want to remove them from the ZombiesWasteland2 and ZombiesWastelandNight groups. Those are the wasteland spawns. :)

For the record, I can consistently kill them in the open with an automatic weapon and steel/military armour. If you can keep pouring on the damage, they basically get stuck in a pain anim loop so they can't attack. They're also slower than ferals, FYI.

I didn't increase the amount of resources on blocks. Perks and tools give a bonus, so it'll be miner 69'er helping out. Mining skill also increases resource gain.

Great mod 10/10 absolutely love it, just wanna leave some bug reports here, I've found a L O T and i keep forgetting to write them down to report them so here's to starting xD.

These are all latest 2.1 update on A17.3 will fresh install and all that jazz.

1:Tailoring Workstation will duplicate leather indefinitely, 1 leather into 4, then 4 leather into 16.. so on and so forth.

2: Recipe to craft steel armor unobtainable.

3: Recipe to craft wheels unobtainable.

4: The stats for some items tier 7 and 8 are absolutely bonkers. Some rifles get up to 28k durability, some like the augur lose 80% of the durability. Worst of all is that Military Armor gets 14 armor rating and becomes the best armor in the game. Like pretty much every item t8 is broken in some way.

5: Most of the weapons added by this mod with few exceptions have wonky ADS in first person view. As in the gun is misaligned with the reticle/too low almost off the screen. Notable is Porkins shotgun is far off to the right and the M4a1 is way down there at the bottom of the screen. But most guns were off.

6: The titanium armor is beyond overpowered sporting higher armor than steel and no mobility cost with less stamina reduction than military.

It's a light armor/heavy armor/better than both tribrid monstrosity. Also if you put customized fittings on it you start to believe your character is Sonic.

7: Most of the titanium weaponry (club/sledgehammer) has 0 or extremely low stamina cost with 1 tap potential so outrageous that zombies get sent to the stratosphere in one hit every time.

8: Almost all of the custom vehicles have hard to find hitboxes, and are not flat on the ground but slanted or twisted in ways that put their models inside of the ground or walls nearby.

9: No idea if this is a vanilla bug or related to mod but the blunderbuss which is shooting stones you craft in your backpack deals significantly more damage than the shotgun. Twice as much base damage on the ammo and on the shotgun itself. Really boggles the mind.

If it's vanilla please look at changing it because it's actually stupid. Much cheaper easier to craft ammo using crap materials shouldn't deal twice the damage of high grade shotgun shells. Also why do shotgun slugs even exist? They deal less than normal shells.. Like.. FFS TFP

10:Generic Schematics are too rare, most mods weren't really even uncommon before it was just a few mods were pretty rare and while I like the idea of Generic Schematics in this current playthrough have yet to see them appear in a trader and are only rarely found elsewhere in quantities of around 3. It makes just getting basic mods a complete pain in the ass where before you'd be swimming in them, there must be a middle ground?

11: There is a POI (dunno its name no idea how to find out) but this POI has Working Stiff Tools signs right out front, 2 of them. And this POI only has a single freaking bookcase for loot. One of the weird bookcases that looks like it has stone inside of it. Either way. This POI absolutely must go or be changed to actually be a working stiff tools because it's so infuriating to go inside and find a whole lot of office space and no loot. 1 story small building mostly office looking. Pls delete it.

Will add more later when I remember them or encounter them again.

Btw really love the mod, it completely revitalized the game for me in a way none of the other overhaul mods have before. 200 hours of playtime last 2 weeks alone just having a blast <3 Thanks for making it and updating it and all that good stuff.

Oooookay...

1) I knew about this, I just didn't bother to fix it in 2.1. I figure if you need to dupe leather, you probably have bigger problems. :p

2) Known and fixed.

3) Grease Monkey 1. It absolutely exists. You also don't need to craft wheels.

4) That's kinda the point since you need to finish a class AND get it's mastery AND take the appropriate crafting perk to level. It's called a reward for spending a ton of time doing something. As for the military armor, it absolutely doesn't have an armor rating that high. It's 8 PER PIECE at T8, which caps out at 48 physical damage resistance in total for all 5 pieces. Anything else is likely mods you have installed.

5) Will probably revisit this later, but how about using the crosshair? :p

6) That's the point. It's end game armor.

7) Again, that's the point. ;) Titanium takes ages to get to, as such you should feel suitable rewarded.

8) Twisted into the ground is something to do with POI's, and it doesn't do it with all POI's. It seems to be mostly compo pack ones and I have no idea why. It ALSO does it with vanilla cars on occasion.

9) It also has a range of basically point blank. The base damage of the ammo is 25, which is the same as a stone arrow... so by that logic, should the wooden bow be nerfed too for having more damage than a shotgun? Also, shotgun SLUG base damage is 80.

10) Most folks in the discord seem to feel it's about right since you can get them from bookcases or safes. I MAY consider tweaking this, but it sounds like you may need to hit up places with lots of bookcases and safes, like a bank.

EDIT: Double checked the loot. They're also in filing cabinets and desks.

11) Compo pack POI. Not my problem. I suggest reporting it in their thread.

About the blunderbus, many mods increase the power of it due to its one shot nature. Its also not modable if I remember right. A fully modded shotgun will vastly out perform it more than likely. Its spread is also insane to the point the barrel has to be bascally inside the targets head to get a head shot. That said I never use the blunderbus, I never seen a point to it. Tried it a few times, but never used it long, prefer the bow.

As for the stuff above t6 and titanium stuff, that stuff is endgame, so it probally has not been balanced properly yet. I also assume its meant to be used on stuff like behemoths and the 1000+ hp enemies in the rad zone, of course its going to slaughter normal zombies. I always felt the armor slowing you down was stupid, especally when the skill meant to make the armor better does nothing to lower its downsides.

As for the car issues, you mean for looting? if so I agree, some of the hit boxes where you hit E to loot on them is bad at times.

As for what I was talking about with the biomes, this is my current world I am on, the brown is radiation. Every workd I generate has a large section like in the lower left of radiation, and its always in the same spot. [ATTACH=CONFIG]28482[/ATTACH]

Also do those weird portals in the radiation zone do anything yet? other than look cool as hell?

Yep, I know about that with the radiation. As mentioned, I'm working on it. I'm also trying to get rid of the random patches.

And yes, they do something.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

I dunno man, it'd piss me of if I was to bust into a bunker only to get 1 shoted by a behemoth the second I finally get inside.

As for the resources, Nevermind I see what ya did and its intended, found this on the tools. 2-2.5x base for iron 3-3.5x base for steel. Thats why I am getting the numbers I do. Well it does get rid of a lot of the grind for mats thats for sure.

<passive_effect name="HarvestCount" operation="perc_add" value="2,2.5" tier="1,6" tags="oreWoodHarvest"/> for Iron tier

and

<passive_effect name="HarvestCount" operation="perc_add" value="3,3.5" tier="1,6" tags="oreWoodHarvest"/> for steel.

Love the mod btw, always have. Now if Only I can get these trader npc's to stop giving me tier 1 quests going into the radiation zone when I got 0 way to deal with it. Will probally not be an issue once the rad zone is not so big. I just have bad luck with every 1st trader I get always behind right by radiation. Is there a way to force it to not spawn traders so close to each other? earlier I had a seed with 4 active traders not even more than 100 meters apart from each other. 2 of them were right side by side too.

Hey guys, yet another question. How do I unlock the tech tree? I have mastered all the class quests and thought that that would do it, but nope. What am I missing?

you will need to go scavenge the science labs and bunkers specifically added by DF to get the purple papers and when you get 10 you can craft the book. No other way ;)

Khaine I presynced the mod ( after a week or so ) and now crafting time everywhere is always at 00:00 so near instantaneous. Forge, personal crafting, workbenches - same Poof and its crafted. bad download or something got overwritten during the upgrade?

P.S. I also noticed ability to craft any forge now is gone - like advanced forge, steel tools... are unlocked but turned red.

Edited by Bhaaltazar (see edit history)