Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I actually started an FAQ channel in the discord. Don't have enough time to work, work on the mod and help folks fix bugs. ;) But I do want to transfer as much info as possible into the in-game journal system now I can actually do that.

Off the top of my head, I don't know how to fix it, but I'm SURE I saw someone else have this issue in the discord. I'll have a look over the next hour or so. Need to run and do some shopping first.

Thanks for looking!

As a small update, i managed to get the DF experimantal working, but its a whites screen exept for the s ky, but im sure iv seen that mentioned here alread so will look into that more, but stable still wont launch at all for me yet.

Hi Khaine

I have done what you guys mentioned regarding updating the game via steam, and I launched your mod and, despite being Alpha 17.3. it didn't work. I eliminated again all data from the game, updated to alpha 17.3 and deleted your mod and reinstall it and it still doesn't work :(

Edited by Henky (see edit history)

Thanks for looking!

As a small update, i managed to get the DF experimantal working, but its a whites screen exept for the s ky, but im sure iv seen that mentioned here alread so will look into that more, but stable still wont launch at all for me yet.

DF Stable only works on 17.2. DF Experimental only works on 17.3. That should be noted in the Launcher if I did it right.

Hi Khaine

I have done what you guys mentioned regarding updating the game via steam, and I launched your mod and, despite being Alpha 17.3. it didn't work. I eliminated again all data from the game, updated to alpha 17.3 and deleted your mod and reinstall it and it still doesn't work :(

I honestly don't know what to tell you. It's worked for basically everyone else.

DF Stable only works on 17.2. DF Experimental only works on 17.3. That should be noted in the Launcher if I did it right.

I honestly don't know what to tell you. It's worked for basically everyone else.

Guess what? I now works! I don't know what has happened, but now everything works just fine! By the way, I've seen that now I can destroy zombie's arms (I know that in previous alphas, desmembering was an actual thing, but I've only played 17 onwards). Love that! Does it also work with the legs? If so, the shotgun's previous ability (the one in the stable version that provided 100% leg desmembering) will be missed :p

So apparently 17.3 went stable while I was asleep. So here's a heads up for folks.

Darkness Falls Stable, which is the links on this forum, does NOT work on 17.3. Do not update if you are playing this version of the mod.

Darkness Falls Experimental, which is available on the launcher, DOES work on 17.3. It is save-game compatible with the EXPERIMENTAL branch previously running on 17.2. It is NOT save-game compatible with the stable branch.

I will be doing my best to get 2.1 released as stable this week, but no promises. :)

May i inquire about the "smallengine" quality factor?

I tried to craft an engine for my car and of course looked forward to get a tier 7 or 8 and only get tier 1 engines :miserable:

After a few failed tries i went behind the curtains and checked if there is a requirement i missed .. turns out that there seems to be no mentioning of "smallengine" in regards of "CraftingTier" aside the unlock from "Mechanic Mastery" in any file what so ever.

Do i guess right that we are not supposed to craft tier 7 engines then??

Will double check that. I think engines don't have T7 and T8 quality effects right now because I couldn't get it to affect vehicles.... so it was kinda pointless.

But I'll make sure the progression file has a crafting tier increase for them up to 6 as I believe that matters for the generator.

EDIT: Checked and crafting tier increase had been forgotten. Have added it to science crafting since vehicles also level off that. Maxes out at 6.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Yesterday my server went down and I was unable to get back in so I updated my game and server to 17.3 thinking it would fix the issue. After reading that darkness falls stable only works in 17.2 is there anyway to revert back? Friends and I just started playing two days ago and we’re all dying to get back to playing.

Hi first off I have been playing your mod for a bit but have a few questions. A:) Where do I find titanium ore? B:) Are there supposed to be areas that have an infinite spawn of enemies? And finally where do I find the Energy Cells?

Other than that I'm REALLY having a blast with the mod. Great job and I'm SOOOO glad I finally decided to play it. :)

Hi first off I have been playing your mod for a bit but have a few questions. A:) Where do I find titanium ore? B:) Are there supposed to be areas that have an infinite spawn of enemies? And finally where do I find the Energy Cells?

Other than that I'm REALLY having a blast with the mod. Great job and I'm SOOOO glad I finally decided to play it. :)

A- Dig long, dig hard. There is titanium down there somewhere... Also on the surface, you can find it occasionally in the wasteland.

B- Enemies should always be spawning infinitely unless you put something down like a bedroll or I think the claim block stops zombie spawns. It might take a day or 2 or 4 or whatever for them to respawn in the places you looted. There needs to be some sort of timer, I just don't know exactly or if there is some give and take.

C- dunno what you mean. Solar cells were only bought from trader in alpha 16, I don't think that has changed. Look in trade "secret stash".

Hi Zyamaia,

1. Open the map and look for a forest bio. Do you see like roundish spots/stains in the terrain? They are usually under the biggest rocks. Well, dig down there and dig down until you hit bedrock (a stone that you will not be able to destroy). Then just dig around. This is how I found my titanium in all my games. I say bio forest because t hat's where I found titanium all the time, but I haven't tried other biomes.

2. Spawning is a bit weird in DF, so if you are looting a place and you feel enemies are coming up all the time...well, that's normal

3. I think you need uranium (found in wastelands bio) and then you need the technology class (you need research notes, found in bunkers or loot -rarely- from lab zombies)

Looks like most folks have answered the questions for you. ;)

Titanium is 5-10 blocks above bedrock, so that should help find it.

Depends. There are some POI's that have spawners in them which constantly spawn zombies until destroyed, but we're talking like... 1 biome and 2 POI's. Other than that, there are a few more zombies in the wilderness than I'd like so I'm experimenting with spawn numbers on that right now.

Energy Cells can be made at super high level or found on very tough soldiers, lab zombies and hazmat zombies. They can also be looted in special POI's.

Hope someone can help. Game was working fine. Then today it won't start. I get NiteNetLib.NetManager.MergeEnabled not found. I've deleted the game, game files, saved games, registry and reinstalled five times. I finally got 17.2 vanilla game to run. But when I copied the Darkness Falls folders to the 7Day2Die folder, as I've done so many times, I get that same error message again. This is when trying to either create a game or rejoining our game that we've been playing for weeks. Please help.

Looks like most folks have answered the questions for you. ;)

Titanium is 5-10 blocks above bedrock, so that should help find it.

Depends. There are some POI's that have spawners in them which constantly spawn zombies until destroyed, but we're talking like... 1 biome and 2 POI's. Other than that, there are a few more zombies in the wilderness than I'd like so I'm experimenting with spawn numbers on that right now.

Energy Cells can be made at super high level or found on very tough soldiers, lab zombies and hazmat zombies. They can also be looted in special POI's.

I had found an under ground bunker and the zombies just wouldn't stop spawning with in seconds of the first group dying. So I was wonder if that was intentional or a bug. Got my butt handed to me quite quickly LOL. I went back and turned on god mode to see if killing a set number of the zombies stopped the spawn but nope. LOL kept spawning.

Hope someone can help. Game was working fine. Then today it won't start. I get NiteNetLib.NetManager.MergeEnabled not found. I've deleted the game, game files, saved games, registry and reinstalled five times. I finally got 17.2 vanilla game to run. But when I copied the Darkness Falls folders to the 7Day2Die folder, as I've done so many times, I get that same error message again. This is when trying to either create a game or rejoining our game that we've been playing for weeks. Please help.

Experimental is for 17.3, not 17.2, so that might be the issue.

I had found an under ground bunker and the zombies just wouldn't stop spawning with in seconds of the first group dying. So I was wonder if that was intentional or a bug. Got my butt handed to me quite quickly LOL. I went back and turned on god mode to see if killing a set number of the zombies stopped the spawn but nope. LOL kept spawning.

Aaaaaaaaand that's the POI I meant. ;)

Destroy the body bags.

So, I have another silly question to ask. I promise I have looked on the forums and this thread but I can't find an exact answer. Maybe there isn't an exact answer. Anyway, I'm playing DF Alpha 17.2 on the small map (not small 2, just small). I'm absolutely loving this game but I'm to the point now where I can craft titanium and looking into solar panels. I read that titanium is on top in the wastelands and Trader Caitlin is there as well. By any chance does anyone have coordinates for her or approximate coordinates? If not, that's ok. I will keep looking. I just have a really slow computer and run the game on minimal settings so it takes me a bit longer to find places. Thank you in advance and thank you for reading :)

I was also wondering if there was a way to set it to a certain day in the game? I had wanted to set the day back a bit cause I was afk for a period of time and the game just kept running. When I tried doing this, it sent me back to Day 16 (I was on Day 35). I can not get the slide bar in the debug options menu to go past Day 16. Am I doing something dumb or what?

Edited by Lorri (see edit history)

So, I have another silly question to ask. I promise I have looked on the forums and this thread but I can't find an exact answer. Maybe there isn't an exact answer. Anyway, I'm playing DF Alpha 17.2 on the small map (not small 2, just small). I'm absolutely loving this game but I'm to the point now where I can craft titanium and looking into solar panels. I read that titanium is on top in the wastelands and Trader Caitlin is there as well. By any chance does anyone have coordinates for her or approximate coordinates? If not, that's ok. I will keep looking. I just have a really slow computer and run the game on minimal settings so it takes me a bit longer to find places. Thank you in advance and thank you for reading :)

I was also wondering if there was a way to set it to a certain day in the game? I had wanted to set the day back a bit cause I was afk for a period of time and the game just kept running. When I tried doing this, it sent me back to Day 16 (I was on Day 35). I can not get the slide bar in the debug options menu to go past Day 16. Am I doing something dumb or what?

Caitlin locations.

Caitlin 1.
West: -3544
North: 3278

Caitlin 2.
East: 3456
South: -3664

As for time, you can use settime, or you can type DM, hit esc and set day/time with a slider on the menu. :)

Darkness Falls v2.1 has now been released to the STABLE branch for everyone. This is the full list of changes compared to v2.04. It has been uploaded to GitLab, so it's available on the launcher under the stable branch. Links on page 1 are valid for this new version. Have fun. :)

• Updated for 17.3.
  • Added skill notes to quest rewards.
  • Added blank class book to loot as a very rare drop.
  • Rewrote progression again. Now functions more like A16 with per category crafting tier increase perks
  • Changed perks to unlock based on Action Skills, not levels, except for Steel+.
  • Removed perks that increase weapon damage from classes. They are now generic perks and rely on action skill levels instead.
  • Locked perks based on if the relevant class perk has been gained so they cannot be purchased. Should stop players buying them twice.
  • Altered clothes and mods so insulation stuff and impact bracing can be installed on normal clothing.
  • Altered clothes to take the storage pocket mod.
  • Increased inventory size to 96.
  • Locked all inventory slots as encumbrance slots.
  • Reduced encumbrance penalty so the player can still move if all slots are full.
  • Added backpacks. Uses the shirt slot, so shirts may become unequiped.
  • Player granted a Small Backpack on spawn.
  • Added new carry capacity mods for armor.
  • Added 2 extra quality levels.
  • Lockpick crafting tier determined by lockpicking skill. Lockpicks now work on doors.
  • All bolt/arrow recipes should now be craftable without needing a perk. Arrowheads/Boltheads are still locked.
  • 308's CCTV system added.
  • Near Death debuff scrapped and rewritten. Sets Health, food and stamina to 50, and player takes a 25% XP penalty for 30 minutes
  • Food and Drink have custom buffs added to help mitigate the health/food/stamina effects of Near Death.
  • Changed RWG so caitlin and the supercorn POI have a minimum count of 1 per map.
  • New bunker POI's added to RWG.
  • Uranium and Plutonium added to RWG. Found underground in the wasteland.
  • Added new radiated biome with demon portals. Works with 17.3 RWG.
  • Hazmat suit now works vs radiation, but NOT the radiation biome at the edge of the map. This is intentional.
  • Changed titanium ore texture to ice.
  • Got rid of the XP popup in the bottom right.
  • Mod schematics removed. Generic schematic item added. Needed to craft mods but should make doing that easier now.
  • Mod recipes removed from Yeah, Science and added to the Science crafting skill. T1 mods unlocked at level 1, T2 mods unlocked at level 3, T3 mods unlocked at level 5.
  • Tool XP requirements reduced by 25% so they should level faster.
  • Weapon XP requirements increased by 25% so it should level slower.
  • Guppy's motorized shopping cart added. Slightly faster than the bicycle, slower than the minibike but has minibike storage.
  • Action skills now PERMANENTLY unlock. No more green number.
  • Titanium frames removed. 47-ish titanium blocks added. This is basically every steel block shape I could find. Added to laborer mastery instead of the frames.
  • Steel now upgrades to stainless steel. Stainless steel upgrades to titanium.
  • Titanium downgrades to stainless steel. Stainless steel downgrades to concrete like A16.
  • High-end Future Techology skill tree added. Perks only gained via items. Have fun with lasers.
  • Muscle car added. It is mecanic mastery only, faster than the motorcycle and has the most storage.
  • Lower 7 day horde gamestages tweaked to see if it helps with hordes not turning up.
  • Traders can now die. They still respawn.
  • Arrows and bolts can now cause bleed out like they did in A16.
  • Animals and animal husbandry added.
  • Melee bandits and melee survivors added.
  • Sphereii's Localization Patch added to assist with modlet integration.
  • Dire wolves are black again.
  • Some A16 zombie textures re-added so they don't all have black hair.
  • Infection will now kill you if left untreated.
  • All quests changed to Gather instead of Craft to make things easier. Also fixed a rare quest-based NRE.
  • Removed rabbits because they're buggy. Tweaked quests to ensure any referencing rabbits can still be completed.
  • Cement added to Hammer and Forge.
  • Steel tools moved to Hammer and Forge 5. Steel armor removed.
  • Charismatic Nature localization fixed. Now displays that it works like daring adventurer + better barter.
  • Changed sleeper spawning to work more like A16
  • Books no longer have durability.
  • Updated the compo pack to V38.
  • Made sure all compo pack POI's have Copy Air Blocks turned on so they're less likely to be partially underground now.
  • New journal entries added. All class information will now display in the journal as SOON as you make the book. You don't need to read them first.
  • Lowered mastery perk point costs so buying them is more viable.
  • Illnesses now skip stage 0 and go to stage 1. This should help with the illness bug.
  • Antibiotics and honey overhauled to work more like A16.
  • Guard AI changed to work based on faction, so they'll actually shoot Behemoths and Night Stalkers now.
  • Class specific perks are now easier to unlock. Level 3 requires finishing the class quest, levels 4 and 5 require player levels 10 and 20.
  • UI Display re-done for custom workstations to fix the flicker issue. This has caused some minor issues with the trader. Workaround patched in but it doesn't "look" very good.
  • Increased the heal value of the sterile bandage so it's halfway between the normal bandage and the medical bandage.
  • Lowered the stamina and water values of coconut water since it's so easy to get.
  • Grandpa's Awesome Sauce now grants ranged damage instead of bartering increases.
  • All eyewear now has special bonuses. Check item descriptions instead of the stats page for these increases.
  • Fixed damage on Porkins' Shotgun.
  • Kages book and generic skill point book no longer scrap into blank class books.
  • Slightly increased titanium club damage.
  • Radiation biome won't kill you if you have the newbie buff (level 5 or lower)
  • Wandering traders added. They have a VERY low spawn chance and carry a much smaller version of Caitlin's list.

Please be aware there have been a LOT of progression changes. You WILL NEED a new save going from 2.04 to 2.1.

Going from experimental to stable does NOT need a new save.