Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Hi Khaine,

Yesterday I played the game normally (everything went perfectly fine), today I initiate the game and I can only see blue light (blue kind of like night time) and a light in the center. Nothing else renders. I sync the mod again but it doesn't work....any help? :p

Reinstall, same happened to me today. After reinstall all is fine. Ofcourse in steam make sure you have selected latest experimental - in this case you will have A17.3.

Edited by Bhaaltazar (see edit history)

Ok, so live and learn I suppose. The mod is probably associated with a specific 7D2D build isn't it? After trying to backup the folder and then deleting (which for some reason destroyed my backup folder saves as well) it went back to 17.2 no matter what I was trying. I downloaded Darkness Falls experimental and its on 17.3 now. So yeah... I think that is what is happening anyway. I guess if I would have been more patient I would have gotten 17.3 on the "stable" darkness falls eventually...?

Reinstall, same happened to me today. After reinstall all is fine. Ofcourse in steam make sure you have selected latest experimental - in this case you will have A17.3.

Thanks for the message, but I've tried and it still doesn't work (the game is now in its Alpha 17.3 (b20something) but everything is still black). Any other suggestions? :( I'm afraid that save is dead (which is a shame, because I got to build a nice, little house T_T)

Thanks for the message, but I've tried and it still doesn't work (the game is now in its Alpha 17.3 (b20something) but everything is still black). Any other suggestions? :( I'm afraid that save is dead (which is a shame, because I got to build a nice, little house T_T)

Remove everything, except saves. Get a clean install of A17.3 from steam. Then download DF exp b10 from here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TivmAls2ZqBtqVPtZQKAptPdfoprS1Fa

And install it manually (just by dragging over the files to your A17.3 copy and agree on overwrite)

Note. Providing your output_log.txt might resolve your issues faster (\7DaysToDie_Data).

1.) How do you learn how to use schematics?

2.) Where the heck do you find the papers to make class papers? I've found (3) and it requires (120!?)

Thanks for your help!

put the books on your belt and right click it

scrap the schematics books you already learned

Remove everything, except saves. Get a clean install of A17.3 from steam. Then download DF exp b10 from here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TivmAls2ZqBtqVPtZQKAptPdfoprS1Fa

And install it manually (just by dragging over the files to your A17.3 copy and agree on overwrite)

Note. Providing your output_log.txt might resolve your issues faster (\7DaysToDie_Data).

My output_log is "output_log_2019-05-12_18-50-53"

So what I did yesterday was open steam library, right click on 7 days to die, uninstall it, reinstall it and it still didn't work. I'm not very good at installing mods manually (I tried, but I can never manage to make them work, that's why I use 7D2D mod launcher), so...is there any other way so that a useless guy like me can manage to upload everything without having to do it manually (and therefore doing it wrong)? :p

Hey mate, put it in your hotbar and then when you have it selected, left mouse click. Most of them will say you just gained........ or you already know this....... you will also get a few that won't do anything, this, I have found, is because you all ready know it and you are good to scrap it because if you actually select it in the inventory screen and hit USE it will cause the screen to flicker and disappear giving you nothing and wasting the 3 scrap papers you could have got from scrapping it instead.

Thank you. Yesterday I was playing, and I can confirm that this is working.

My output_log is "output_log_2019-05-12_18-50-53"

So what I did yesterday was open steam library, right click on 7 days to die, uninstall it, reinstall it and it still didn't work. I'm not very good at installing mods manually (I tried, but I can never manage to make them work, that's why I use 7D2D mod launcher), so...is there any other way so that a useless guy like me can manage to upload everything without having to do it manually (and therefore doing it wrong)? :p

I had similar issues upgrading to build 10 on my dedi. Its now working on my A17.2 Build 8 save though. On the client side I used the mod launcher's "Complete Delete" option to start fresh (note: my dedi save file is in a separate directory so wasn't deleted). Then I set Steam to latest experimental version, and let that update the game files, validating after to confirm. Next I used the launcher to install a new copy of the mod. I then deleted my dedi install (not the save directory) and reloaded the 17.3 dedi, then manually copied the DR dedi files over the vanilla dedi ones.

Seems save game compatible after playing a few hours on it.

^ This.

For whatever reason, going fron 17.2 to 17.3 is causing issues. Almost seems like steam isn't properly patching the game. Deleting in steam, then going into steam/steamapps/common and making sure the 7 Days to Die folder is gone, and then doing a full re-download seems to work well.

Also follow xyth's steps to make sure it's competely deleted from the launcher. Saves games ARE working, so make sure you back those up first.

^ This.

For whatever reason, going fron 17.2 to 17.3 is causing issues. Almost seems like steam isn't properly patching the game. Deleting in steam, then going into steam/steamapps/common and making sure the 7 Days to Die folder is gone, and then doing a full re-download seems to work well.

Also follow xyth's steps to make sure it's competely deleted from the launcher. Saves games ARE working, so make sure you back those up first.

Hi Khaine,

I've tried everything; deleted the game in its enterity (making sure all folders were erased), I have completely deleted the mod and re-install it, I have deleted first the mod again, then the game, then installed the game, then install the mod...and no matter what I do, it still doesn't work :( not even on a new game

Hi again,

Sorry for the double post, but I think I've discovered the reason of my DF not working; I started the normal version (after uninstalling and reinstalling) and I've realized that the version I have is 17.2 (B20 something). I don't know why it doesn't update to 17.3. Any idea about how can I force it to upload to 17.3?

Hi again,

Sorry for the double post, but I think I've discovered the reason of my DF not working; I started the normal version (after uninstalling and reinstalling) and I've realized that the version I have is 17.2 (B20 something). I don't know why it doesn't update to 17.3. Any idea about how can I force it to upload to 17.3?

In your steam library, right click on 7 days to die and select properties. When that window pops up choose the "Betas" tab. There is a pull down on that tab to select "latest_experimental - Unstable build" choose that. Once that is done close the window and try to play the game again in vanilla. you should see 17.3 then.

Note 17.3 is an experimental build. Not official yet.

Still looking for an answer on

1.) How to learn how to craft schematics (ie. wood splitter, rad remover, etc)

2.) How to obtain skill notes (I've been playing for quite a while and could only find 3, its takes 120 for a new class!?!)

Any help would be appreciated. I was told hotbar and click but I dont think they were referencing craftable schematics unless I'm doing something wrong.

1) If you're playing experimental, then Science Crafting. It tells you in the actual level descriptions of the perk. Level 1 = T1 mods. Level 3 = T2 mods. Level 5 = T3 mods. If playing stable, then exactly the same way as vanilla.... Yeah, Science.

2) That's because this question has been answered SEVERAL times. Scrap any schematic you don't need. You get skill notes. Scrap books you don't need, they give skill notes. If playing experimental, do trader quests, they can give skill notes.

1) If you're playing experimental, then Science Crafting. It tells you in the actual level descriptions of the perk. Level 1 = T1 mods. Level 3 = T2 mods. Level 5 = T3 mods. If playing stable, then exactly the same way as vanilla.... Yeah, Science.

2) That's because this question has been answered SEVERAL times. Scrap any schematic you don't need. You get skill notes. Scrap books you don't need, they give skill notes. If playing experimental, do trader quests, they can give skill notes.

Geez sorry dude. 160pgs I only got thru about 20 of them. Too bad theres not a wiki available so people dont ask repeat questions

And I didnt see any perk that said anything about schematics. Still dont but w/e, dont wanna bother anyone on here by asking something. Pricks

I will apologise for coming across harsh over the skill note thing. It's been answered several time over the past week, within the last 3 pages once and definitely within the last 10 so it's not hard to find information.

And the mod schematic thing, this is from 2.04

perkYeahScienceRank1Desc,"You can craft chemistry stations, standard ammunition, alcohol, pipe bombs, hub cap mines, cooking pot mines, gasoline & oil. Can use tier 1 schematics."
perkYeahScienceRank2Desc,"You can craft military fiber, dynamite, air filter mines, advanced bolts and arrows. Can use tier 2 schematics."
perkYeahScienceRank3Desc,"You can craft advanced firearm ammunition. Can use tier 3 schematics."
perkYeahScienceRank4Desc,"Rocket Science! Now you can craft rockets and advanced fuels.\nCan use tier 4 schematics."
perkYeahScienceRank5Desc,"You can craft battery banks. Can use tier 5 schematics."

And this is from 2.1 experimental build 10.

perkCraftScienceRank1Desc,"Crafting Tier: 2 for vehicles. Unlocks T1 mod crafting.\nDecrease crafting time by 10%"
perkCraftScienceRank2Desc,"Crafting Tier: 3 for vehicles.\nDecrease crafting time by 20%"
perkCraftScienceRank3Desc,"Crafting Tier: 4 for vehicles. Unlocks T2 mod crafting.\nDecrease crafting time by 30%"
perkCraftScienceRank4Desc,"Crafting Tier: 5 for vehicles.\nDecrease crafting time by 40%"
perkCraftScienceRank5Desc,"Crafting Tier: 6 for vehicles. Unlocks T3 mod crafting.\nDecrease crafting time by 50%"

So the info is absolutely present in-game within the perk descriptions.

However, being totally honest, I think I need to go through all of the mods and add what tier they are. That info isn't present in vanilla, so that might help clear up some confusion for players.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

I personally think it'd be worth it to create a FAQ page of sorts. I don't think newer players would know that the question had been answered dozens of times within the last 10 pages of this thread, and I, for one, wouldn't want to search 160 pages of mod discussion, bug reports, other questions to find the info I'm looking for...

Can anyone help me fix this issue im having at all please!

MissingFieldException: Field 'LiteNetLib.NetManager.MergeEnabled' not found.

Fully uninstalled everything involved, including a long overdue windows reset at the same time, still gtetting the same message, tried on latest exp[erimental and 17.2

Thanks if you can help!

I personally think it'd be worth it to create a FAQ page of sorts. I don't think newer players would know that the question had been answered dozens of times within the last 10 pages of this thread, and I, for one, wouldn't want to search 160 pages of mod discussion, bug reports, other questions to find the info I'm looking for...

I actually started an FAQ channel in the discord. Don't have enough time to work, work on the mod and help folks fix bugs. ;) But I do want to transfer as much info as possible into the in-game journal system now I can actually do that.

Can anyone help me fix this issue im having at all please!

MissingFieldException: Field 'LiteNetLib.NetManager.MergeEnabled' not found.

Fully uninstalled everything involved, including a long overdue windows reset at the same time, still gtetting the same message, tried on latest exp[erimental and 17.2

Thanks if you can help!

Off the top of my head, I don't know how to fix it, but I'm SURE I saw someone else have this issue in the discord. I'll have a look over the next hour or so. Need to run and do some shopping first.