Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

If this is about the life bar, I hope they do this, even better if they make it a options in the standard options thats client side, whether to show the hp bar for zombies or not.

It would be very nice if it's just an option. If not, it's a simple edit in xui.xml :)

Hello! I, as a fan of your modification, very much wait when there will be an adaptation for 17 alpha! :smile-new:

Well, I got the UI ported over, so that bit is done.

The rest is going to take a while. :D

• 3 weeks later...

So playing A17e for quite a number of hours I find that I really miss leveling on use.

I also like the rpg system of A17e too so I'm wondering if they can be combined.

My thought is that levels of a skill are also progression gates for leveling the skill.

So if mining level 1 adds 10% to the amount of resources collected instead of automatically jumping to 10% for mining it allows you to progress to 10% in mining, as you mine you level up to the 10% gate that Mining level 1 allows.

I also think there should be a little bonus for reaching the max gate from each level.

So if there are 5 levels for a total of +50% resources, you would get a small bonus at 10,20,30,40 and a special bonus at 50.

Level and/or Master attribute gates still apply.

This could be applied to almost, if not all, the skills (gun,tools, armor,etc)

Thoughts?

So playing A17e for quite a number of hours I find that I really miss leveling on use.

I also like the rpg system of A17e too so I'm wondering if they can be combined.

My thought is that levels of a skill are also progression gates for leveling the skill.

So if mining level 1 adds 10% to the amount of resources collected instead of automatically jumping to 10% for mining it allows you to progress to 10% in mining, as you mine you level up to the 10% gate that Mining level 1 allows.

I also think there should be a little bonus for reaching the max gate from each level.

So if there are 5 levels for a total of +50% resources, you would get a small bonus at 10,20,30,40 and a special bonus at 50.

Level and/or Master attribute gates still apply.

This could be applied to almost, if not all, the skills (gun,tools, armor,etc)

Thoughts?

Forums didn't show me this reply... so thanks for that. Bloody annoying.

I'm sort-of working on that. I've got "skills levelling on use" working, up to 100 like they were in A16. I've also found I can gate perks behind those skills... so you know how you used to need Construction Tools 15 for the workbench? I can totally do that.

It also looks like I could apply mini bonuses every X levels as well. So, like your suggestion of 10% extra resources, I could apply that at... say... 25 mining tools.

Right now I'm still playing with the system, tweaking it, seeing how the XP is in terms of leveling, etc. :)

Forums didn't show me this reply... so thanks for that. Bloody annoying.

I'm sort-of working on that. I've got "skills levelling on use" working, up to 100 like they were in A16. I've also found I can gate perks behind those skills... so you know how you used to need Construction Tools 15 for the workbench? I can totally do that.

It also looks like I could apply mini bonuses every X levels as well. So, like your suggestion of 10% extra resources, I could apply that at... say... 25 mining tools.

Right now I'm still playing with the system, tweaking it, seeing how the XP is in terms of leveling, etc. :)

Thanks for your efforts. Definitely interested to see how this pans out, as it's probably my biggest issue with A17 game mechanics changes.

Alpha 17 Stable is now live! We will be waiting for your modification!

Probably going to be new year before it's "properly" out, but there is a test build posted in the discord. :) I'm working on getting a test build added to the launcher as well so folks can help find bugs/balance issues.

Thanks for your efforts. Definitely interested to see how this pans out, as it's probably my biggest issue with A17 game mechanics changes.

Seems to be working well, though I'm still a little unsure on the XP needed to level up. Definitely needs more testing but at least it works!

Probably going to be new year before it's "properly" out, but there is a test build posted in the discord. :) I'm working on getting a test build added to the launcher as well so folks can help find bugs/balance issues.

Seems to be working well, though I'm still a little unsure on the XP needed to level up. Definitely needs more testing but at least it works!

Any info on changes specific to a17 version of the mod?

Any info on changes specific to a17 version of the mod?

- Gun parts are back and you're more likely to find gun parts rather than guns.

- Added some "weak" zombies for the daytime. Half HP, half XP, never run but do the same damage as normal zombies.

- Increased amount of zombies in the world (with all the new weak zombies).

- Pipe Rifle and Pipe Pistol added. Easy to repair and make since guns are harder to find, but do degrade quickly and do NOT take mods.

- Schematics and books are back, like Forge Ahead (most books also available as perks so you don't HAVE to rely on RNG).

- Lots of vanilla perks removed and added to action skills instead, so there's a point to levelling them.

- Attributes (Strength, Agility, Fortitude, Intellect, Perception) changed to Perks just to stop clutter on the progression page.

- Clothes add carry capacity (you'll need these + armor mods + levelling strength to unlock ALL 60 slots).

I think that's most of it. :)

EDIT: Also adding French and German translations for all of my new items/blocks/perks/etc via Google Translate... so it won't be great, but it'll be better than nothing!

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Yep, known issue.

I mean, it's also kinda funny, but I'm pretty sure it's due to the new "sticky arrow" system. :) Have mentioned it to Sphereii since it only happens with custom entities and it's on his "to fix" list.

If I seen that bug i'd know its a bug but i'd also probally laugh my butt off at the same time because of how cartoony it looks. Thats some looney toons acme brand level shenaigans there.

Merry Christmas KGB and family. Do you foresee a lot of modding potential for A17? So far It doesn't seem better than your mod. What do you hope/plan for your future mod? What I wish for the most is building and managing a

community kind of like in Starvation.

If I seen that bug i'd know its a bug but i'd also probally laugh my butt off at the same time because of how cartoony it looks. Thats some looney toons acme brand level shenaigans there.

Pretty much what I thought too!

What's annoying is I tested new entities with rifles rather than arrows/bolts, so I didn't know it was a thing until someone posted it in the discord. :)

Merry Christmas KGB and family. Do you foresee a lot of modding potential for A17? So far It doesn't seem better than your mod. What do you hope/plan for your future mod? What I wish for the most is building and managing a

community kind of like in Starvation.

There's definitely a lot of potential, especially with the buffs system and how that interacts with progression and items.

I still don't FULLY understand it, but I'm working on it. Building and managing a community basically isn't possible because players can't spawn entities that aren't vehicles. The reason Starvation can do it is because they have custom C# code to do it.

I would absolutely LOVE to be able to have that in DF, I just don't have the coding knowledge to do it.

RWG is like Lancelot Link Secret Chimp wrote the coding for it. I have not got a stable server running yet and barely a halfway stable client!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone have a batch file to start a dedicated server? I can not get the batch file the moderators for the Pimps say will start it to run. Easy to read a script when you don't run a server and say the batch file will work.

Little bit of an update on what I've done.

- The type of metal that a tool is made out of AND the quality tier matters. I've attached a resource bonus to all of them. Only a small one, but hopefully it'll help.

- Guns now have effects based on tier. The "damage fall off range" increases depending on the quality of the gun. The entity damage bonus from mods ALSO increases based on the quality of the gun (Example: Most guns have +100% damage if you have 6 mods in a T6 gun)

I'm looking at making melee weapons use less stamina based on the quality of the weapon as well, and probably more damage based on mods too (same as the guns in that regard).

• 2 weeks later...