A16 - Tin'sMod: The Dying Lands.

Tin

Good Day Tin

I have a suggestion and maybe it is already in the works: But, could you add SMX ui and even the SMX big back Pack to the game as part of the mod.

I started playing this mod yesterday and I'm really enjoy how you changed it up ... the only Issue is the ui .. that is one area the Fun Pimps need to improve on also.

Just a thought from an Old Gamer .. that has over 2300 hrs in 7d2d and being 72yrs young at heart.

Thank you and Enjoy

i am unable to loot dead zombies when i kill them they turn into the broken generic zombies in less than 3 seconds and are unlootable my friends downloaded the same mod and were unable to loot them either and we have not changed any files. we are also using the launcher so idk if thats the problem please let me know please and thank you

Not broken .. it makes it more challenging .. you have less time to loot .. ( think of it as hit - chop and RUN ) or just forget it and save your ass. LOL.

Also .. do not add another big mod to this game .. it will mess up How this game plays. (as WoW) Just a thought

Fists?? You can use your fists?? Ahhhh I missed out on so much loot lolol! I actually like it the way it is now, using a shiv or knife to gut them.

Does it make a difference if you loot them before they turn into a blood and guts pile?

Good Day Tin

I have a suggestion and maybe it is already in the works: But, could you add SMX ui and even the SMX big back Pack to the game as part of the mod.

I started playing this mod yesterday and I'm really enjoy how you changed it up ... the only Issue is the ui .. that is one area the Fun Pimps need to improve on also.

Just a thought from an Old Gamer .. that has over 2300 hrs in 7d2d and being 72yrs young at heart.

Thank you and Enjoy

I added unofficial support for SMX with Bigger back pack in the mod launcher. If it breaks your game, come see me, not Tin :)

- - - Updated - - -

Also .. do not add another big mod to this game .. it will mess up How this game plays. (as WoW) Just a thought

Definitely do not mix this mod with any other mod (aside from the previously mentioned Bigger Back Pack mod I spun up. ).

Contrary to some, it cannot be merged with any other mod.

Fists?? You can use your fists?? Ahhhh I missed out on so much loot lolol! I actually like it the way it is now, using a shiv or knife to gut them.

Does it make a difference if you loot them before they turn into a blood and guts pile?

I just added the fist harvest deal as a low end means. It's basically == to the lowest shiv and wont get (er shouldn't get) any better, so using tools = better always :)

I would wait till the bodies turn into the piles since I removed the loot list from the entities themselves, so you shouldn't get anything if 1 shot them before they switch over. I'm still waffling if I should keep the switch over at 3secs or drop it to 2secs to make it more a smooth transition. Although when I did have it a 2sec before, sometimes the body didn't reach the ground fast enough and it made the pile fall and break every so often. Which results in a even less chance to get anything since the break more often.

- - - Updated - - -

I added unofficial support for SMX with Bigger back pack in the mod launcher. If it breaks your game, come see me, not Tin :)

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely do not mix this mod with any other mod (aside from the previously mentioned Bigger Back Pack mod I spun up. ).

Thank you for going the extra mile! come on ppl give sphereii some rep love for giving over the top service ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Aw really? So there's no way we would be able to have this + the Valmod Expansion on the same server?

Good day Tin

I'm so glad you put Sphereii ... Note about mixing this mod with others on Main page.

There is a Youtuber that is running this with " War of the Walkers " and I have told him it is Not recommended. Because the 2 mod are different animals per-say and will not work together .. as I watched his series .. I think WoW is overwriting a lot of this game files.

But anyway .. just thought I would give you a heads-up on that ... because a lot of his viewers are trying to do the same. Channel is "GameEdged".

PS: But I'm Enjoying the game so far .. and really since Sphereii added the smx to it.

Good day Tin

I'm so glad you put Sphereii ... Note about mixing this mod with others on Main page.

There is a Youtuber that is running this with " War of the Walkers " and I have told him it is Not recommended. Because the 2 mod are different animals per-say and will not work together .. as I watched his series .. I think WoW is overwriting a lot of this game files.

But anyway .. just thought I would give you a heads-up on that ... because a lot of his viewers are trying to do the same. Channel is "GameEdged".

PS: But I'm Enjoying the game so far .. and really since Sphereii added the smx to it.

Yeah, I watched it. Didn't see anything of mine in it but was an interesting experiment none the less. Can't fault him for trying something new but a definite fail on the merge. I don't think he's actually played my mod to know the difference that it didn't work. Hopefully at some point he does then he'll know for sure.

Anyhow glad Sphereii got you worked out on the smx stuff :) I don't have anything against any mod but I probably won't work on any merges or addons in the near future. There's still too many things changing in the game that it would become a full time job to do so atm. I just really don't have the extra time to make sure they or mine stays compatible with each other, plus I haven't ask any of their permission to do so. Doesn't mean I wont in the future though as things calm down for me some. ;)

updates are awesome tin working good but im cheating my clay in as its a bugger findign it let alone getting enuff :)

The nodes for clay are pretty small. Was looking for them for a bit the first time i decided to get some. When you find it, you will see there is quite a lot of clay all around :)

PS: tin is there a way u could add a better looking UI to ur mod as the plain one is kinda dull and boring :)

Check the OP update and the part of what sphereii has done. ;)

I may do one at a later time once I get some free time.

***Updated News***

V0.0.8 is out Jan 30th 2018

• Can Food Pass: All canned food has a chance to make you lose wellness *It has a built in 2minute safety feature though, so you can't keep on losing wellness every time you eat canned goods*
  • Biome spectrum changed to give a more hazy look *Let me know if this is better or go back to the clearer one*

The item changes should take affect without needing to start a new game.

The biome spectrum changes 'Might' need a new game .. not sure tbh but it shouldn't affect your current game either way.

**Note** Version 0.08 is NOT in the launcher yet will post an update when it is.

Hey, quick question since you didnt go in too much detail in OP:

Why do you recommend client side to install your mod? Why is not server only inuf, iam not an expert, but i dont see that you have put any new textures or anything else that server doesnt push to clients? am i worng? I laso did (very small tho) testing and it seemed fine.

Could you give few details what wont work if it is on server only?

p.s. Great mod, i love that there isnt new items and whole skill system. Great work!

Hey, quick question since you didnt go in too much detail in OP:

Why do you recommend client side to install your mod? Why is not server only inuf, iam not an expert, but i dont see that you have put any new textures or anything else that server doesnt push to clients? am i worng? I laso did (very small tho) testing and it seemed fine.

Could you give few details what wont work if it is on server only?

p.s. Great mod, i love that there isnt new items and whole skill system. Great work!

Some particle effects don't get pushed from the server like they should among some blocks properties (again from the particle effects attached to them). Not really needed to do so but more to make sure everyone is seeing them.

And TY for the kind words :)

Some particle effects don't get pushed from the server like they should among some blocks properties (again from the particle effects attached to them). Not really needed to do so but more to make sure everyone is seeing them.

And TY for the kind words :)

Oh ok, thanks for information. And regular zombies claiming walls is intended change, am i right? :p

Oh ok, thanks for information. And regular zombies claiming walls is intended change, am i right? :p

I'm going to use your post to unload info but still answer your question :)

I have 4 categories of zeds:

Sleepers (SLPR): or poi found zeds and they can climb vertically.

Leaders (LDR): mostly biome zeds some can climb ie Cheerleader and such.

Fodder (FOD): mostly biome zeds they can't climb walls.

Feral: sprinkled can be found in pois or biomes.

Poi's themselves can spawn a mix of any zed but mostly SLPR types.

Biome Zeds are mostly FOD types (85% or so) with some LDR types and a few feral.

FOD have lower HP than Vanilla

LDR Have a range of low HP for the smaller thinner zeds all the way up to Vanilla HP

SLPR have a range of HP much like the LDR types

Feral types are = to Vanilla feral in hp.

FOD walk 24/7.

LDR are a bit faster but varied on zed size.

SLPR are a bit faster but varied on zed size.

Feral are the fastest but are actually lowered from vanilla speeds.

FOD types don't attack as often as LDR and SLPR types.

Feral attck more often than LDR and SLPR types, pretty much can do everything.

All zed damage is no greater than Vanilla set damage same with HP The Vanilla setting of HP and dmg are the tops in this mod.

FOD will only do 5 hp dmg

It's the aggressiveness of the way I did the AI that makes them appear to be more damaging.. and plus the majority of the zeds actually will focus on the player more and path better (mostly) although I still do have some edge cases that just react funky. xD

Interesting mod.

Definitely a tricky aspect to the never-ending biomes, as the one I have ended up in, that seems to go on for forever, doesn't appear to contain any clay. This makes for a very tricky start. Especially given the 'no rest, no stopping, no time to gather, no time to build, never ending hordes' nature of the mod. Then again, maybe I shouldn't have gone with survivalist?

First day: After a trek across the world in which I never had a moment to slow down, in which there were always more zombies around than I felt I could deal with, in which I kept running into cops out in the wild, I found myself at a city. I know that cities aren't recommended until one is built up, but I found no pois that weren't swarmed along the way, most seemed to have cops inside. This has been pretty absurd.

Anyway, I finally decided to make my stand. Spent ~4 hours circling a small area, gathering mats to craft arrows and spike traps to deal with the ever-replenishing mini-horde that I'd managed to gather. I finally dealt with them all by nightfall, and found a(miraculously) uninhabited BoobyTrap. Solid brick walls give me some small sense of comfort, and the place had some food and water. And of course I now have plenty of leather and iron pipes. All I lack is clay to start forging. I am considering ripping up the floor, as each block contains 2 clay. This feels silly, but I'm not really certain what else I can do.

Where does one find clay in the new burnt biome? It's a lovely biome, much more interesting than the classic one, but the lack of clay is disgruntling.

And then I learned that your zombies can see me through walls if i happen to have a torch in hand.....

Thank goodness the boobytrap is... well.. boobytrapped. Yay mines.

Also, I found clay. Having read through the thread, I noticed it was a concern of others, and saw someone mention the patches were 'small'. And indeed, there are tiny brown patches all over the map that are apparently clay. Good to know.

I'm getting this message in the console when I try to start the server, I thought I found one in the biomes.xml file, but I'm seeing looking at the file in totality there are many of these but here is the error I get and the server will not start...

2018-01-31T03:46:19 13.152 ERR Loading and parsing xml (comments cannot contain '--' Line 2704, position 5.)

Neelix: This sounds like there was an error in the launcher updating, if you are using the launcher. Best bet is to delete it and do a clean download(check the box 'download from Steam' or copy in a fresh/clean vanilla if you have one backed up to make sure you are starting clean).

Barring that, check through the log to be sure you know which file is being loaded. What you will probably be looking for is a comment that wasn't correctly closed, which therefor ended up enclosing a second comment. That's usually what causes that error, since the contents of a comment can't contain '--', and the opening of a comment is: <!-- The closing is --> so if you can figure out where the comment was supposed to close, you can do so using that syntax.

If you open the file in NotePad++, stuff that is encapsulated in comments will show up green. That could help you find the run-on comment.

Archived