A16 - Tin'sMod: The Dying Lands.

Tin

I'm confused. I decided to try this mod today and i turned "always run" on. I've encountered only few zombies so far but none of them are running. What aren't i getting?

EDIT:

Oh, i see, they have different walking/running speeds no matter the setting.

Yes, I went with variety. I may need to have 2 different versions though at some point. It's seems ppl are pretty split on difficulty.

For now you can open the spawning.xml and just increase the the max_count for the differing biomes in the "Day" lines if the challenge for you seems underwhelming just out n about.

Either way, thanks for trying it out and hope it fulfills in some parts some of what you're looking for.

the current city im in tin is roughly 750x750 took me 3 days to uncover it all and im sticking with the original downlaod i took as i hate decreased spawns its how i am :)

heh, the spawns haven't been downgraded just shifted. Hotels are full like they should be (imo) Stores are packed, gas stations are actually occupied etc,.. It's all good though, enjoy it how you like it ;)

.. and awesome about the city :)

Looks like all the excitement has died down a bit :)

After running this for several days, I really don't have any complaints. I haven't yet found and significant cities - so far just small towns. I found a Higashi Pharma, and one construction site, but that is it for big buildings. Still looking for that big hub/city/town :)

I did nerf the zombie spawn a bit, and due to requests from players, nerfed feral run speed also as the lesser experienced players go tired of being run down by ferals right off the bat. Just a bit of tweaking to help level the playing field a bit. I also tweak player run speed, stack size, and a few recipes, but that has nothing to do with your mod.

Excellent work! I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again - the biomes are beautiful! I didn't know you could get rwgmixer to do this, the scenery is so much more natural and playable. Gone are those miserable continent sized lakes, gone are those mountains-mountains-everywhere, gone are those water-water-everywhere worlds :).

Looks like all the excitement has died down a bit :)

After running this for several days, I really don't have any complaints. I haven't yet found and significant cities - so far just small towns. I found a Higashi Pharma, and one construction site, but that is it for big buildings. Still looking for that big hub/city/town :)

I did nerf the zombie spawn a bit, and due to requests from players, nerfed feral run speed also as the lesser experienced players go tired of being run down by ferals right off the bat. Just a bit of tweaking to help level the playing field a bit. I also tweak player run speed, stack size, and a few recipes, but that has nothing to do with your mod.

Excellent work! I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again - the biomes are beautiful! I didn't know you could get rwgmixer to do this, the scenery is so much more natural and playable. Gone are those miserable continent sized lakes, gone are those mountains-mountains-everywhere, gone are those water-water-everywhere worlds :).

Thanks. The finding of those massive sized hubs was my doing in that they just had too much stuff and you were set for the rest of the game just finding one. You can set a couple of the hubs bigger if you want but I would suggest not to exceed 1281x1281.

If I was to pick:

<hub_rule name="mediumOutpost">

<hub_type value="rural"/>

<width value="252, 294" /> <-- change to "[color="#FFFF00"]1281,1281[/color]"
<height value="252, 294" />  <-- change to "[color="#FFFF00"]1281,1281[/color]"

<path_material value="asphalt" />
<path_radius value="11" />

<prefab_rule name="Settlement_Pois"/>

<street_gen level="20" length_multiplier="3">	<!-- street_gen= How many time the rules will get run through. length_multiplier= Each street sections length. -->

<axiom value="[-FFT][-FFT][-FFT]-FF[+FFT][-FFT][-FFT]"/>   <!-- Main rule used for streets before using the rules -->

<rule char="T" replace_with="[+FFF*][-FFF*][-FFF*]-FFF[+FFF*][-FFF*][-FFF*]"/>
	<rule char="I" replace_with="[-FF*][-FF*][-FF*]-FF[+FF*][-FF*][-FF*]"/>
	<rule char="N" replace_with="[FF*][-FF*][+FF*][--FF*][+FF*][-FF*][++FF*]"/> 						
	<rule char="A" replace_with="[-FFFI][-FFFI][-FFFI]-FFF[+FFFI][-FFFI][-FFFI]"/> 					
	<rule char="B" replace_with="[FFFF*][-FFFF*][+FFFF*][--FFFF*][+FFFF*][-FFFF*][++FFFF*]"/>
	<rule char="C" replace_with="[FF+FF*][-FF+FF*][+FF+FF*][--FF+FF*][+FF+FF*][-FF+FF*][++FF+FF*]"/>
	<rule char="D" replace_with="[FF-FF*][-FF-FF*][+FF-FF*][--FF-FF*][+FF-FF*][-FF-FF*][++FF-FF*]"/>
	<rule char="E" replace_with="[FFF+F*][-FFF+F*][+FFF+F*][--FFF+F*][+FFF+F*][-FFF+F*][++FFF+F*]"/>
	<rule char="G" replace_with="[FFF-F*][-FFF-F*][+FFF-F*][--FFF-F*][+FFF-F*][-FFF-F*][++FFF-F*]"/>

<alt_commands chars="T,I,N,A,B,C,D,E,G"/>

</street_gen>

</hub_rule>

This is the hub I would change to increase in size. You definitely wouldn't want every hub max size but changing the medium settlement hub would give you quite a bit to choose from.

tim is there a way u could remove that smoke screen in ur mod as it makes some days near impossible to play or do anything as it makes visibility zero

'?' Guessing: Single player game. You'll be playing for a few day's in game and it get's a really heavy fog and it just sticks until you exit the game and then when you load the game again it's all clear for a few days then get's that real heavy fog again?

If so, that is something internal with the SP game itself (in vanilla as well) and I can't do anything about it. Only solution that I know of is exit than reload or set up the game on a server and play it that way and you'll not have an issue. I run into the same issue every 5th or 6th day in game when playing SP (or just hosting and it'll just be on my end). The issue has been around for awhile.

If that's not it, I'll need more info to go on or a pic as to what you're seeing followed with a touch more explanation on whats occurring.

'?' Guessing: Single player game. You'll be playing for a few day's in game and it get's a really heavy fog and it just sticks until you exit the game and then when you load the game again it's all clear for a few days then get's that real heavy fog again?

If so, that is something internal with the SP game itself (in vanilla as well) and I can't do anything about it. Only solution that I know of is exit than reload or set up the game on a server and play it that way and you'll not have an issue. I run into the same issue every 5th or 6th day in game when playing SP (or just hosting and it'll just be on my end). The issue has been around for awhile.

If that's not it, I'll need more info to go on or a pic as to what you're seeing followed with a touch more explanation on whats occurring.

I experience this bug in vanilla often.. do u know if the Devs are aware?

I experience this bug in vanilla often.. do u know if the Devs are aware?

Yeah pretty sure they know about it ;)

It may just be one of those things that's a pain to fix but it doesn't warrant a concentrated effort to rectify till later down the road. It sux and all that but going by default that's 5 or 6 hours of game play and may be a beta thing to tackle in their minds xD

Just a little heads up info:

Came across a really good resource saver that I just can't ignore. So in the process of tweaking it into the game and then some further testing but it should be coming in the near future.

Thanks. The finding of those massive sized hubs was my doing in that they just had too much stuff and you were set for the rest of the game just finding one. You can set a couple of the hubs bigger if you want but I would suggest not to exceed 1281x1281.

If I was to pick:

<hub_rule name="mediumOutpost">

<hub_type value="rural"/>

<width value="252, 294" /> <-- change to "[color="#FFFF00"]1281,1281[/color]"
<height value="252, 294" />  <-- change to "[color="#FFFF00"]1281,1281[/color]"

<path_material value="asphalt" />
<path_radius value="11" />

<prefab_rule name="Settlement_Pois"/>

<street_gen level="20" length_multiplier="3">	<!-- street_gen= How many time the rules will get run through. length_multiplier= Each street sections length. -->

<axiom value="[-FFT][-FFT][-FFT]-FF[+FFT][-FFT][-FFT]"/>   <!-- Main rule used for streets before using the rules -->

<rule char="T" replace_with="[+FFF*][-FFF*][-FFF*]-FFF[+FFF*][-FFF*][-FFF*]"/>
	<rule char="I" replace_with="[-FF*][-FF*][-FF*]-FF[+FF*][-FF*][-FF*]"/>
	<rule char="N" replace_with="[FF*][-FF*][+FF*][--FF*][+FF*][-FF*][++FF*]"/> 						
	<rule char="A" replace_with="[-FFFI][-FFFI][-FFFI]-FFF[+FFFI][-FFFI][-FFFI]"/> 					
	<rule char="B" replace_with="[FFFF*][-FFFF*][+FFFF*][--FFFF*][+FFFF*][-FFFF*][++FFFF*]"/>
	<rule char="C" replace_with="[FF+FF*][-FF+FF*][+FF+FF*][--FF+FF*][+FF+FF*][-FF+FF*][++FF+FF*]"/>
	<rule char="D" replace_with="[FF-FF*][-FF-FF*][+FF-FF*][--FF-FF*][+FF-FF*][-FF-FF*][++FF-FF*]"/>
	<rule char="E" replace_with="[FFF+F*][-FFF+F*][+FFF+F*][--FFF+F*][+FFF+F*][-FFF+F*][++FFF+F*]"/>
	<rule char="G" replace_with="[FFF-F*][-FFF-F*][+FFF-F*][--FFF-F*][+FFF-F*][-FFF-F*][++FFF-F*]"/>

<alt_commands chars="T,I,N,A,B,C,D,E,G"/>

</street_gen>

</hub_rule>

This is the hub I would change to increase in size. You definitely wouldn't want every hub max size but changing the medium settlement hub would give you quite a bit to choose from.

Just now trying that. Is there some significance to the number 1281? I look at that and I go hmmm 1024 or 1280 maybe.....

And here is a question you could probably answer - if I make this change, will it effect un-generated chunks, or do I need to create a new world to see it?

I haven't really tested that out so I'll always say you'll need a new world but I have a -->feeling<-- it'll be fine but no promises.

I haven't really tested that out so I'll always say you'll need a new world but I have a -->feeling<-- it'll be fine but no promises.

I actually answered this but my reply seems to have vanished. Changes to rwgmixer that effect geography seem to take effect immediately but don't over write existing terrain - sometimes with disastrous results, mile high cliffs are very common at the transition between the old and new. If you are lucky, you end up with navigable cliffs where old meets new. We are on day 14 in game, with one game our set to 120 minutes real time. Makes the day/night cycles progress slower, gives us more time to do stuff before the next 7 day horde arrives. So for a default settings it would be the equivalent of day 25 or so. My users would come after me with pitch forks and torches if I wiped the world :smile-new:.

Existing cities have not changed, so I'm not sure if I have traveled far enough to find new chunks or not, I'm tempted to reset some of the non-critical chunks just to see what happens.

Any idea how to reset/regenerate specific chunks in the world? Without screwing the world in general?

I actually answered this but my reply seems to have vanished. Changes to rwgmixer that effect geography seem to take effect immediately but don't over write existing terrain - sometimes with disastrous results, mile high cliffs are very common at the transition between the old and new. If you are lucky, you end up with navigable cliffs where old meets new. We are on day 14 in game, with one game our set to 120 minutes real time. Makes the day/night cycles progress slower, gives us more time to do stuff before the next 7 day horde arrives. So for a default settings it would be the equivalent of day 25 or so. My users would come after me with pitch forks and torches if I wiped the world :smile-new:.

Existing cities have not changed, so I'm not sure if I have traveled far enough to find new chunks or not, I'm tempted to reset some of the non-critical chunks just to see what happens.

Any idea how to reset/regenerate specific chunks in the world? Without screwing the world in general?

I think there is a thread about doing just that but not sure where it's at. I've never done the regional reset deal myself so I can't say for certain either way. Maybe ask guppy? I think he does that in his games at times but I also think he uses stompyNZ server stuff so I don;t know if that would be applicable to you.

Changes to be done soon: Still doing some testing to make sure everything is running good.

• Zombies looting changed to a "harvest" event instead of being a container (performance reasons).
  • Added the ability to harvest zombies with player hands to increase loot speed of gore blocks *equivalent to a 25 quality bone shiv. Does not affect zed damage* using the better quality tool for the job will always be better (actual shivs/Knives etc,.).
  • Reduced time when zeds convert to a gore block.
  • Itemized all zeds loot to reflect each zed this includes clothing drops.
  • Increased zombie presence in most prefabs (by A LOT!).
  • Reduced loot gathered from zombies to focus more on players looting prefabs (want more loot from zeds? then increase your harvest ability for items that can harvest them better FE: knives/shivs) ..Also not to overload your bag with garbage ;)
  • All hubs (city/towns) increased in size by 25-100%
  • Increased chance to find a Abandoned Town.
  • Lowered Snake spawn chance.

would said changes affect current game saves?

yeah, had to make a lot of new blocks and change all the zombie entities in the entityclasses.xml

Another reason why Im holding off on releasing it without giving a good and proper heads up.

The new addition will most likely drop tomorrow on Jan 17th 2018.

Had a good run last night with no issues creeping up. Also a nice pleasant side effect that occurred. You know how sometimes you kill a zed and the body rag dolls down a hill and sometimes you lose the gore block? Well since I have the change over happen quicker once you kill the body soon after it turns into a gore block and makes it less likely you lose it.. so another plus.

*Jan17th 2018 update*

The Dying Lands v0.0.5 updated and ready to go.

Good luck and have fun surviving ;)

The changes will require a new world just by way of all that was changed.. srry but I think it's worth it and I hope you do as well.

So I discovered an interesting side effect. If you copy your files to the client, and then startup a new Navesgane single player game, your world will have HUGE holes in it. Unplayably huge holes :D. I think it's the biomes.xml that is the culprit, because the holes seem to follow biome transitions. I ended restoring the entire prefab directory (not sure if that was necessary) as well. I'm not complaining, mind you, just thought I'd mention that if anyone wants to visit Navezgane County, you should probably restore the original prefabs and config files just to be safe :tickled_pink:

Archived