A16 - Tin'sMod: The Dying Lands.

Tin

not exactly sure what you're asking so I'll guess increasing the the play field? if so I already have it set to almost 19k of the play field. If you want to get it bigger.. You'll need to open the rwgmixer.xml file..

1) at the top you'll need to find:

<ruleset name="tinsRules" cell_cache_size="8" cell_size="2100" cell_offset="0" generation_distance="[color="#FFFF00"]21000[/color]" terrain_generator="tinsWorldGen1" biome_generator="tinsBiomeGen2">

2) then towards the bottom of the same file:

<biome_spawn_rule name="radiated">
	<distance_from_center range="[color="#FFFF00"]18900,21000[/color]"/>	
</biome_spawn_rule>

Change the generation_distance="" to desired play field size (world size).

Then

Adjust the radiation biomes max size to the same number you set in the generation_distance=""

That's it! wouldn't set it super big like 60k or something the shakes wouldn't be all that pleasant of a playing experience. That's just my opinion but IDK you may not mind it <shrug>

Thanks, that's right, what's the maximum limit for 7dtd's generation_distance?

100k?

Thanks, that's right, what's the maximum limit for 7dtd's generation_distance?

100k?

You can actually make it infinite but it breaks the map, put a "0" in the generation_distance="" and remove the radiation zone. 30K seems ok as far as the shakes go and performance wise if you have a decent amount of ram and HD/SSD space.

- - - Updated - - -

"New Learning Curve" for you, or for us poor souls that have to live in your world? :)

I'ma scared!!!!!

Both. he..he..he ;)

Good day Tin

Just wanted to let you know that "Trader Issue" is on other mods also .. So don't worry about it ..

I've run into it on Ravenhearst _ Valmod and a couple of others .. I think it most like TFP issue as well.

But .. anyway _ you are doing a Great job on Mod and I'm really enjoying it .. can be brutal at times and have almost died several times .. but so far still kickin

Have yourself a great week and Thank you from an old gamer that play's many games ... :02.47-tranquillity:

Good day Tin

Just wanted to let you know that "Trader Issue" is on other mods also .. So don't worry about it ..

I've run into it on Ravenhearst _ Valmod and a couple of others .. I think it most like TFP issue as well.

But .. anyway _ you are doing a Great job on Mod and I'm really enjoying it .. can be brutal at times and have almost died several times .. but so far still kickin

Have yourself a great week and Thank you from an old gamer that play's many games ... :02.47-tranquillity:

Thanks and you do the same :peace:

***Update*** Version 0.0.9 is now available for D/L. Highly suggest completing the first beginner quest!!! ***Update***

New wilderness entities: The Ghouls introduced.

Ghouls are the prominent entity in the wilds. They will attack Zombies animals and the players sometimes each other ;)

• Vultures: Spawn rate has bet slightly tweaked down in certain biomes.
  • Cops: Have been temporarily removed from being a sleeper till they work properly again, more Military have taken their place instead in poi's.
  • Added: "Hunting rifle and ammo" to the first beginner quest as a reward.
  • Slightly increased animal meat harvest for Boar/Dear/Rabbit/Snake.
  • Many other minor tweaks...

Really liking my first go through with this mod, was a very fun and very different experience. Thanks for popping into the stream last night Tin :D

TY for trying it out. Was fun! I don't usually get a chance to watch the live streams.

Okay, thanks, I thought so. However, any idea if update would wreck a saved game I'm currently on? I don't run through the launcher, to protect the version I have now. But, I'd like to see the Ghouls... I'm only on day 12, so I guess would not be a complete waste to wipe and start over (though, I do have a minibike, so that would suck to give that up).

Okay, thanks, I thought so. However, any idea if update would wreck a saved game I'm currently on? I don't run through the launcher, to protect the version I have now. But, I'd like to see the Ghouls... I'm only on day 12, so I guess would not be a complete waste to wipe and start over (though, I do have a minibike, so that would suck to give that up).

I always suggest starting new so no guarantees or anything. BUT! That being said, It didn't appear to interrupt a current game.

You might want to make a backup copy and put it in a new folder so you can go back to it if it does.

Hello Tin!

Playing the new update, very early gameplay, but nice, get a rifle. XD Also there seems to be a issue, when a Ghoul is chasing me, the game doesn't tell me I'm being 'Hunted', and they don't flail around/announce their position as per the usual zombies.

Not really an issue but for whatever reason uma stuff (which are what the ghouls are) doesn't acknowledge sneak mode, so you don't rely on the sneak eyeball. Vanilla thing.

Yeah, I didn't want the ghouls to just swing at everything, to further differentiate them from the zeds and since they are mostly in the wilds, being more quite fit them. I kinda liked the feeling of always needing to pay extra attention when doing something. helps brings back that horror feels (imo).

..and now you know why I gave you a rifle in the beginning xD

Welp, it certainly has made me more paranoid, got a few startles - one ran right past me... to chase after a wild boar, the night before, got jumped in a campsite during the night, much spook. XD Never quite relied upon the sneaky-eye, but it's nice to hear/know you're being targeted before you get spooked.

Haven't used a single shot yet - conserving it for bigger threats or the horde night, that and thinking one shot will bring others, old habits. -Holds the rifle and hides.-

Welp, it certainly has made me more paranoid, got a few startles - one ran right past me... to chase after a wild boar, the night before, got jumped in a campsite during the night, much spook. XD Never quite relied upon the sneaky-eye, but it's nice to hear/know you're being targeted before you get spooked.

Haven't used a single shot yet - conserving it for bigger threats or the horde night, that and thinking one shot will bring others, old habits. -Holds the rifle and hides.-

Oh! haha.. I forgot to add to the the additions list I reworked the blood moon hordes ;)

Is there any way to set planting time through XML, to be mature with 1 or 2 days?

Not a 100% sure because I haven't played around with it but I am going to say yes!

example:

<block id="20" name="fertileGrass">
<property name="Extends" value="grass"/>
<property name="CustomIcon" value="grass"/>
<property name="CreativeMode" value="None"/>
<property name="Class" value="PlantGrowing"/>
<property name="PlantGrowing.FertileLevel" value="0"/>
<property name="PlantGrowing.Next" value="grass"/>
[color="#FFFF00"]<property name="PlantGrowing.GrowthRate" value="1"/>[/color]
<property name="PlantGrowing.IsRandom" value="false"/>
<property name="PlantGrowing.LightLevelStay" value="0"/>
<property name="PlantGrowing.GrowOnTop" value="treeTallGrassDiagonal"/>
<property name="PlantGrowing.IsGrowOnTopEnabled" value="true"/>
</block>

I may be wrong but that seems to suggest you can. Like I said not a 100% sure though..

CropsGrowingMaster in blocks.xml has this line.

<property name="PlantGrowing.GrowthRate" value="63.0"/> <!-- setting 1 is erratic. Recommend 2+ for testing or use -->

So that would be how you determine how long it takes for a plant to grow :) I think that's set to 63 real-life minutes as default, but haven't played around with it to confirm.

Is the launcher updated with the current version? I thought I downloaded correctly from dropbox and updated my files (though, I think I extracted only into the TempMod folder... don't remember now), loaded a new world, but the starter quest (normal one) was all I got. Did I do something wrong or do I have to wait for the new quest?

Oh, by the way Tin, your wonderful mod spawned me on top of one of those new dirt/rock mounds that have the wolf/zed lair. So, yeah, WELCOME to the world Goat... enjoy 5 zeds before even moving a muscle!!!!!

Oh, by the way, thanks for all you guys do. I'm really loving this game and its community. All the talented people working and producing so much great stuff to enjoy. Obviously goes for Sphereii and Tin here, but also all the Developers, and other modders too (I've played most, I think). This has been the most enjoyable 900+ hours of gaming that I can remember (and I've been gaming since my Sear's Intelivision from the 1970s). Maybe when I retire this summer, I'll dust off my Apple IIe and start doing my own programming and develop a mod of my own! :)

My tech skills are trash... but I'm a decent author/screenwriter. I wonder how hard it would be to add a "story" into the game... if somebody (ahem) would create/write something.

CropsGrowingMaster in blocks.xml has this line.

<property name="PlantGrowing.GrowthRate" value="63.0"/> <!-- setting 1 is erratic. Recommend 2+ for testing or use -->

So that would be how you determine how long it takes for a plant to grow :) I think that's set to 63 real-life minutes as default, but haven't played around with it to confirm.

like this? where I set the harvest time, as I'm playing 120min, it takes 240min to get ripe.

<block id="259" name="plantedPotato1">

<property name="Extends" value="cropsGrowingMaster"/>

<property name="CustomIcon" value="PotatoSeed"/>

<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity"/>

<property name="Model" value="Entities/Plants/potato_plant_sproutPrefab"/>

<property name="Collide" value="melee"/>

<property name="Stacknumber" value="250"/>

<property name="PlantGrowing.Next" value="plantedPotato2"/>

<property class="UpgradeBlock">

<property name="ToBlock" value="plantedPotato2"/>

<property name="Item" value="Fertilizer"/>

<property name="ItemCount" value="1"/>

<property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="1"/>

</property>

<property name="Group" value="Food/Cooking"/>

<drop event="Destroy" name="plantedPotato1" count="1" tool_category="Harvest"/>

</block>

<block id="260" name="plantedPotato2">

<property name="CreativeMode" value="Dev"/>

<property name="Model" value="Entities/Plants/potato_plant_growthPrefab"/>

<property name="PlantGrowing.Next" value="plantedPotato3Harvest"/>

</block>

<block id="261" name="plantedPotato3Harvest">

<property name="Extends" value="cropsHarvestableMaster"/>

<property name="Model" value="Entities/Plants/potato_plant_harvestPrefab"/>

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="plantedPotato1"/>

<drop event="Harvest" name="potato" count="1" tool_category="Crops"/>

<drop event="Harvest" name="potato" count="1" prob="0.25" tool_category="Crops"/>

</block>

Will this work? every 60 min = upgrade in the potato, 2 upgrade a total of 120min = 1 day in the game

<block id="259" name="plantedPotato1">

<property name="CustomIcon" value="PotatoSeed"/>

<property name="Model" value="Entities/Plants/potato_plant_sproutPrefab"/>

<property name="Stacknumber" value="250"/>

<property name="PlantGrowing.Next" value="plantedPotato2"/>

<property name="PlantGrowing.GrowthRate" value="60"/>

<property class="UpgradeBlock">

<property name="ToBlock" value="plantedPotato2"/>

<property name="Item" value="Fertilizer"/>

<property name="ItemCount" value="1"/>

<property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="1"/>

</property>

<property name="Group" value="Food/Cooking"/>

</block>

<block id="260" name="plantedPotato2">

<property name="CreativeMode" value="Dev"/>

<property name="Model" value="Entities/Plants/potato_plant_growthPrefab"/>

<property name="PlantGrowing.Next" value="plantedPotato3Harvest"/>

<property name="PlantGrowing.GrowthRate" value="60"/>

</block>

<block id="261" name="plantedPotato3Harvest">

<property name="Extends" value="cropsHarvestableMaster"/>

<property name="Model" value="Entities/Plants/potato_plant_harvestPrefab"/>

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="plantedPotato1"/>

<drop event="Harvest" name="potato" count="1" tool_category="Crops"/>

<drop event="Harvest" name="potato" count="1" prob="0.25" tool_category="Crops"/>t="1" prob="0.25" tool_category="Crops"/>

</block>

Checking out the update and it seems i'm encountering some problems...

1. Went into the city and suddenly got performance problems... Died because i had a drop to less than 1 FPS. My assumption is concerning the Ghouls...

2. ...because i decided to change the quality of UMA Textures in the settings after i came back to the city (which helped a lot for FPS), but the Ghouls disappeared... or rather went invisible...

3. Luckily i placed a bedroll this time, but that didn't stop me from dying a couple times to invisible ghouls... Lowered difficulty and ghouls back to normal after going to menu and back.

Archived