A16 - Tin'sMod: The Dying Lands.

Tin

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23943[/ATTACH]Good day Tin

Must be an issue with this New UPDATE .. at the Trader .. got near it and the NEW Z's were chasing me .. opened the gate and Got the " Null Refer " freeze .. got the gate close after a bunch of ESC and walk forwards .. and Now I'm stuck inside the traders.

This is THE First issue of any kind with mod .. I'm on day 28 and hoping I don't have to start a new game.

Thought maybe this might help if needed: https://pastebin.com/yG8ZCkqM

Must be an issue with this New UPDATE .. at the Trader .. got near it and the NEW Z's were chasing me .. opened the gate and Got the " Null Refer " freeze .. got the gate close after a bunch of ESC and walk forwards .. and Now I'm stuck inside the traders.

This is THE First issue of any kind with mod .. I'm on day 28 and hoping I don't have to start a new game.

First time I ran into this I am working on it... srry for the inconvenience :(

***Update*** Feb 7th 2018 v0.0.9b

Fixed trader issue.

That can happen if any entity is tagged with something other than EntityPlayer or EntityZombie.

So EntityNPC, EntityBandit and EntitySurvivor ALL trigger it at traders. >_<

Go to your prefab folder. Find the settlement_trader01-05.xml

Comment out the highlighted lines and turn the "TraderArea" value="" from True to False and rock n roll. the building is still protected ;)

<property name="TraderArea" value="[color="#FFFF00"]False[/color]" />
[color="#FFFF00"]<!--<property name="TraderAreaProtect" value="20,0,20" />
<property name="TraderAreaTeleportSize" value="36, 20, 36" />
<property name="TraderAreaTeleportCenter" value="1, 1, 1" />-->[/color]

Got a fix in and updated the d/l with it. You can do it manually refer to post #279 and it won't affect your existing game :)

Checking out the update and it seems i'm encountering some problems...

1. Went into the city and suddenly got performance problems... Died because i had a drop to less than 1 FPS. My assumption is concerning the Ghouls...

2. ...because i decided to change the quality of UMA Textures in the settings after i came back to the city (which helped a lot for FPS), but the Ghouls disappeared... or rather went invisible...

3. Luckily i placed a bedroll this time, but that didn't stop me from dying a couple times to invisible ghouls... Lowered difficulty and ghouls back to normal after going to menu and back.

Regarding invisible ghouls.

Every time you adjust the uma texture mid game it'll do this or some other freaky visual effect.

Best practice is to make the adjustment and exit the game, reload and enter and they won't be invisible anymore.

I personally have my setting like:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23945[/ATTACH]

and don't have an issue. May not work for you since all rigs are different but it's worth a shot.

Huh. I had to turn trader area off for my mod as well, and it removes the building protection.

The trader is apparently god though. I buried him at bedrock and he was still alive. :D

Haha, yeah Idk but my ghouls couldn't destroy the poi and I let them bang on it for awhile. Meh, either way, as long as ppl can still use the trader I'm happy :)

At 1 trader per town/city that's more traders than players. ;)

Regarding invisible ghouls.

Every time you adjust the uma texture mid game it'll do this or some other freaky visual effect.

Best practice is to make the adjustment and exit the game, reload and enter and they won't be invisible anymore.

I personally have my setting like:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23945[/ATTACH]

and don't have an issue. May not work for you since all rigs are different but it's worth a shot.

I had similar settings, with texture quality at high. No worries though, i don't mind playing on medium quality. The most important thing is for the game to run smoothly :)

Regarding the update:

SPLENDID WORK! Went into a new game on Survival, but that is freakishly hard (toned it down for the first few days). Ghouls that could appear everywhere, with smaller sight radius than zombies but way more deadly... Made me more paranoid... I even checked on my previous world and you encounter them really often even in the city.

On the plus side, you have to think of new ways to live through... So... nothing like a couple wood spikes placed onto which the ghouls can impale ;) Still, i don't know which game i will play... The previous world where i already have quite a lot or the new with quite low stats and yet building a stronghold...

I had similar settings, with texture quality at high. No worries though, i don't mind playing on medium quality. The most important thing is for the game to run smoothly :)

Regarding the update:

SPLENDID WORK! Went into a new game on Survival, but that is freakishly hard (toned it down for the first few days). Ghouls that could appear everywhere, with smaller sight radius than zombies but way more deadly... Made me more paranoid... I even checked on my previous world and you encounter them really often even in the city.

On the plus side, you have to think of new ways to live through... So... nothing like a couple wood spikes placed onto which the ghouls can impale ;) Still, i don't know which game i will play... The previous world where i already have quite a lot or the new with quite low stats and yet building a stronghold...

Awesome! Yeah, Spikes became my new friend in the early game as well. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Mod launcher is updated :)

Ty Ty!

Good day Tin

I got out of Traders with no problem and it seems that "null Ref " might be fixed .. ( that was just 1 try ) SO I'm hoping all is good.

But something has happened with FPS .. I normally run a consent 60-61 ... But when I left the trader they were all over the place .. never have I hit a lower of 46 fps in 7D2D .. which in turn is causing a bad shudder effect.

So There might be something else going on or a missed code .. But all is good other than that for now on my system.

Just Thought I would give you a heads up. Have a great day and Enjoy

Good day Tin

I got out of Traders with no problem and it seems that "null Ref " might be fixed .. ( that was just 1 try ) SO I'm hoping all is good.

But something has happened with FPS .. I normally run a consent 60-61 ... But when I left the trader they were all over the place .. never have I hit a lower of 46 fps in 7D2D .. which in turn is causing a bad shudder effect.

So There might be something else going on or a missed code .. But all is good other than that for now on my system.

Just Thought I would give you a heads up. Have a great day and Enjoy

If you are using the launcher it probably updated with the patch that came out. Im not exactly happy with the performance hit that the ghouls are introducing but it's not overly bad, at least nothing that I've seen so far. I am looking into (hopefully) a way to redo them and make it less intensive.

In case it matters, I haven't had any performance issues yet with the latest update, and even had no issues fighting/kiting 6 Ghouls at once (after running to an airdrop). No real issues inside a large town, and no issues with the trader yet (still on day 3 in this new world).

By the way, I was able to acquire the new opening quest from the creative menu, so I was able to do the first part for the gun, even on day 2. So, I feel better.

Also, HOLY CRAP with that day 2 air drop.... Sniper (yeah, only level 50+), but schematic for Sniper, Rocket Launcher AND AK-47. My oh my!!!

Guess it was my payback for spawning on a Zombie lair, and getting a town that is crawling with zombie bears (so far, spotted 3 different bears after two full days)

In case it matters, I haven't had any performance issues yet with the latest update, and even had no issues fighting/kiting 6 Ghouls at once (after running to an airdrop). No real issues inside a large town, and no issues with the trader yet (still on day 3 in this new world).

By the way, I was able to acquire the new opening quest from the creative menu, so I was able to do the first part for the gun, even on day 2. So, I feel better.

Also, HOLY CRAP with that day 2 air drop.... Sniper (yeah, only level 50+), but schematic for Sniper, Rocket Launcher AND AK-47. My oh my!!!

Guess it was my payback for spawning on a Zombie lair, and getting a town that is crawling with zombie bears (so far, spotted 3 different bears after two full days)

haha! awesome! The game must have taken pity on you for the overly rough start :)

Yeah, IDK why ppl are getting such different performance results but I'm chalking it up to the game itself not being that well optimized yet.

Absolutely sure it was at least 2 bears... maybe 50% sure the third one was different, but at that point, maybe I was just upset and confused. Saw the first bear as I headed out of my night 1 hiddie-home, and said, "nope" not going that way... turned around 180 degrees nd wandered down that part of town, and soon thereafter, saw bear #2. Again, said, "nope" not dealing with that, and headed what I think was 90 degrees, and about two hours later, came across another bear... could have been the first one if it wandered around to a different part of town (though, it was day 2, was not very familiar with the town yet, so maybe I was back where I started the morning). Either way, I'm going to embellish and blame TIN!!!!!! That's my right as a 'Merican and entitled old-foggie

Absolutely sure it was at least 2 bears... maybe 50% sure the third one was different, but at that point, maybe I was just upset and confused. Saw the first bear as I headed out of my night 1 hiddie-home, and said, "nope" not going that way... turned around 180 degrees nd wandered down that part of town, and soon thereafter, saw bear #2. Again, said, "nope" not dealing with that, and headed what I think was 90 degrees, and about two hours later, came across another bear... could have been the first one if it wandered around to a different part of town (though, it was day 2, was not very familiar with the town yet, so maybe I was back where I started the morning). Either way, I'm going to embellish and blame TIN!!!!!! That's my right as a 'Merican and entitled old-foggie

Yogi was just trying to steer you in the right direction. ;) I'm sure everything would have just been fine :thumb:

Playthrough, Day... 3 or something.

Lost in the pine woods, couldn't find a cooking pot, had to resort to drinking dirty water, got dysentery, getting hit by ghouls sneaking up. Stuck on minimal health due to lack of medical supplies and moving at a near-crawl if I have to do anything more than swiping once, and more Ghouls chasing me.

Feelings of them below.

Mixed feeling about them - on the one hand, making me paranoid as they can pop up anywhere and move quite swiftly during the day, their appearance during the night is surreal in a way as they move so quietly and blend into the night... and good lord, some sprint so quickly. I'm not entirely sure if it's health-wise, but they actually feel tougher than the standard zombies, less stagger/more head-health. That and the average speed means it's quite hard to out-run them unless you already have a lead - means you have to fight them to either cripple the legs or kill them outright or risk being run down.

From personal experience, they have a talent for startling me when I happen to look at the map, craft-menu, lose attention for a moment etc. Good jump-scare for the first few times, but admittedly after a few times it becomes a bother, as before, the lack of player-feedback regarding movement noise (same as vanilla previous to ranged-flailing) and the lack of a UI warning/hidden eyeball thing does make you act more aware, but given all the other enemy types alert you somehow, and the fact Ghouls can/will be encountered from the start in no small number, is a little stumbling, for lack of better wording. As before, it's a issue with UMA from what is said, not with the mod specifically so please don't take that as direct criticism.

Makes the use of spike-traps seem perfectly fine resource-wise during travel.

Personal feelings and such without complaining. They do feel like a more threatening enemy that is encountered before the typical foes.

Might try another play-through given the health/stamina. XD

Why are you outside at night man?!?! Good lord, who does that? :)

Maybe I've been super lucky with my spawn locations. First world (pre-Ghouls) I spawned in a nice biome and luckily found a road to a nice village very early on. Got lucky finding a forge house just outside of town (forge was broken, but at least it was a full house with walls and stable upstairs), and fought off the Zeds inside prior to 10pm. Made it to day 12 before starting a new world with Ghouls... was super careful, but survived pretty decently (got a few nice drops and a lot of tires to sell every 3 days).

Most recent world, luckily got a good biome spawn and found a larger town very close by. Trader had a working forge and I was able to get enough supplies to make some iron arrowheads right away. Got enough tires to sell to buy a decent crossbow, and was able to clear a barn before 10pm to make it safely upstairs before everything started running. Aside from the Bears roaming the streets on day 2, been able to do a bit of looting in town with minimal ghouls (though did kite 6 or so around as I ran to the air drop).

Keep at it, this is an awesome mod (fits my playstyle really well)

Archived