A16 - Tin'sMod: The Dying Lands.

Tin

Just giving a heads up! Feb 19th 2018.

A new update will be coming down the pick in the near future.

If you're using the launcher please uncheck the auto update if you are not ready for it.

Pls and TY.

A full write up will be coming with most of the changes once it's uploaded to the launcher.

Hey, this looks like a pretty interesting mod, and am wondering how to install it without the launcher? I tried using the launcher, but it would never install this mod no matter what I did, though I was able to install others. Thanks :)

Highly suggest you contact Sphereii if you're having issues with the mod launcher just makes things easier to manage once you get it working.

Anyhow-

D/l the mod. Make a folder and extract it in that folder.

It'll have 3 folders:

Config/Prefab and UMAtexture folders..

Find where you have the game on your computer.

Generally: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data..

• Once you open the data folder you'll see the 3 folders you need to replace..
  • Copy the three folders you got from the D/L.
  • Then open the data folder for the game.
  • Paste and replace the three folders.

Back out of everything.

Load the game up and start a new world :)

Highly suggest you contact Sphereii if you're having issues with the mod launcher just makes things easier to manage once you get it working.

Anyhow-

D/l the mod. Make a folder and extract it in that folder.

It'll have 3 folders:

Config/Prefab and UMAtexture folders..

Find where you have the game on your computer.

Generally: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data..

• Once you open the data folder you'll see the 3 folders you need to replace..
  • Copy the three folders you got from the D/L.
  • Then open the data folder for the game.
  • Paste and replace the three folders.

Back out of everything.

Load the game up and start a new world :)

Awesome, thanks. :)

Hey Tin!

The update seems pretty cool so far. Restarted on a new world and quickly found a good city in a forest biome (started at the edge of burnt). Zombies, ghouls, dogs and vultures try to mess me up, but so far the luck is on my side. Found myself a good house and boarding it up, not to mention a cooking pot and antibiotics dropping from the start.

I like how the weapons and tools have their durability maxed with higher levels and not the damage itself. Will make an interesting game later on :) Now to find a grill and make a forge... Great job as always!

Just giving a heads up! Feb 19th 2018.

A new update will be coming down the pick in the near future.

If you're using the launcher please uncheck the auto update if you are not ready for it.

Pls and TY.

A full write up will be coming with most of the changes once it's uploaded to the launcher.

THANK YOU for the heads up ... and sure glad I checked the page again today. ......... Enjoy .. :02.47-tranquillity:

TIN .. Just read the FINE PRINT .. Love it.

The fine print stuff:

Things I will not do to this Mod:

I will not be adding any other additional mods.

This is just for me personally and I thought I would let you know. I don't have the extra time to do so and keep track of every other mod addition and every time they update it etc,.

'IF' you want to add in the "compo pack" or the "Bigger back pack" or the "X" mod to this! You are more than welcome to do so. I like playing those mods as well so it's not about not liking any particular mod.

'IF' you want to take portions of this mod and put it into other mods Knock yourself out!

'IF' you do end up taking portions of this mod and adding it to your mod just a friendly tip of the cap mention is all I ask... If you remember

Tin I am absolutely loving this Mod especially after the recent update. I have been living in the wastelands and after this update boy have they got exciting with cops spawning. Love the terrain generation. Thanks again for your hard work on this mod.

THANK YOU for the heads up ... and sure glad I checked the page again today. ......... Enjoy .. :02.47-tranquillity:

TIN .. Just read the FINE PRINT .. Love it.

The fine print stuff:

Things I will not do to this Mod:

I will not be adding any other additional mods.

This is just for me personally and I thought I would let you know. I don't have the extra time to do so and keep track of every other mod addition and every time they update it etc,.

'IF' you want to add in the "compo pack" or the "Bigger back pack" or the "X" mod to this! You are more than welcome to do so. I like playing those mods as well so it's not about not liking any particular mod.

'IF' you want to take portions of this mod and put it into other mods Knock yourself out!

'IF' you do end up taking portions of this mod and adding it to your mod just a friendly tip of the cap mention is all I ask... If you remember

Hehe I didn't add any additional mod ;) that was all through the kindness of Sphereii :)

- - - Updated - - -

What would I need to just get the same terrain you use in this mod? I love it so much and I would love to use it with another couple mods but I’m not to sure how I would go about doing it?

Any tips would be perfect and a big thank you.

About the only thing you can do is just splice my terrain generator and biome generator into theirs from rwgmixer.xml. I have unique blocks and some prefabs So if you want to go deeper than that it'll take some work.

- - - Updated - - -

Tin I am absolutely loving this Mod especially after the recent update. I have been living in the wastelands and after this update boy have they got exciting with cops spawning. Love the terrain generation. Thanks again for your hard work on this mod.

TY appreciate it! glad you're liking it so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome, thanks. :)

No worries ;)

first tin im using ur name as my seed and second first zombie i killed and harvested gave me a 278 iron club :) and damn the increase on zombie numbers had a dozen come out of one house

Only a dozen? I recently decided to go through a Pop'n Pills (which was next to a Working Stiff) medium sized building. First i got zombies crawling from the roof (Working Stiff also), before i even got the chance getting closer to the door. Then i had to kill a big number crawling out of the main shop floor (some ghouls came along, but they didn't last long). Finally when i got inside (was going in and out a few times with new zombies appearing here and there) i decided to open the back door. Yup, another 8 zombies clumped inside. I feared they would wreck the shelves, but luckily they didn't...

Makes me wonder what they were doing in the back... :distrust:

Good day Tin

I'm playing on the New Update .. I just noticed something .. hope it " Isn't " intended .. But headshots are not killing on 1 or even 2 .. Now in most cases it is taking 5+ .... And normally I'm 85% of the time can kill in 1 shot .... Hoping you bring this back if intended on this update.

I still enjoy the mod .. but this is a bit much ....... I ran out of ammo on first horde night and have never done that in any 7D2D games.

Thank you from the Old Gamer .. Have Fun and Enjoy .... :02.47-tranquillity:

I believe he's scaled the headshots to skills, so that the more you do the better you are? I dunno, I remember reading something like that somewhere.

That and the zeds are unified in HP as well. All zeds and ghouls have 350hp, undead equality and all that. They even protested with picket signs and everything! :) So it takes a bit more in the beginning to get them ded dead. Not going to raise it any higher because then it's bullet sponge stuff.

The better your skill is, the more likely you're going to 1 or 2 shot them again it just takes a bit more time to do so. Rambo we are not in the beginning.

Still tweaking things so it may change..

Tin

Just wanted to say thank you and it sound good to me also .. I can live with it.

But next one I will be ready better. :02.47-tranquillity:

I may have a new zed killing system in the works and it'll change how ppl go about defending themselves from hordes and the like. Well, "If" everything works out the way I would like that is. Still very much and experiment atm. haha testing testing and more testing lol

Just got by the first bloodmoon... why does the trader not have any hunting knife books? :apathy:

I noticed that when looting certain items they appear 4 times in the inventory instead of 1. These include Facial Piercings, Press Boy Cap and probably something else i forgot. It's not a problem as these items aren't worth much, but it's a repeatable thing and seems a bit off.

Just got by the first bloodmoon... why does the trader not have any hunting knife books? :apathy:

I noticed that when looting certain items they appear 4 times in the inventory instead of 1. These include Facial Piercings, Press Boy Cap and probably something else i forgot. It's not a problem as these items aren't worth much, but it's a repeatable thing and seems a bit off.

Yeah I need to touch up the harvesting a touch more. Make certain items only give 1, the issue is harvesting increases are also a percentage on the items themselves as well. which means even if I make the item 1 initially, the harvesting skill can increase that 1 to many.

icon/Ui issue

Hi, not sure if anyone can help me. But my UI is covered in red and white question marks. I have installed the game from fresh and installed the mods now 3 times. Looked online for answers and tried some things. But nothing has worked. An idea of the problem and how to fix it?

Thanks

Hi, not sure if anyone can help me. But my UI is covered in red and while question marks. I have installed the game from fresh and installed the mods now 3 times. Looked online for answers and tried some things. But nothing has worked. An idea of the problem and how to fix it?

Thanks

Yes, you'll need to contact sphereii to get possible answers.

I currently don't support any of the UI's nor BBG mods at this time and that was something he added out of the kindness of his heart for those that wanted it. All my UI is still using vanilla.

So if you want to use the enhanced UI stuff you'll need to direct it towards him.

He may check in here every so often but you may also want to give a post on the mod launcher thread as well to make sure he see's it.

And TY for trying the mod! Hopefully sphereii can help getting it going for you with the UI stuff and all that :)

Hi, not sure if anyone can help me. But my UI is covered in red and white question marks. I have installed the game from fresh and installed the mods now 3 times. Looked online for answers and tried some things. But nothing has worked. An idea of the problem and how to fix it?

Thanks

Mac or Linux?

Archived