A16 - Tin'sMod: The Dying Lands.

Tin

Any good seeds you wish to share? :smile-new:

heh, It's a little late for me to give a couple seeds since I'm working with the version that has the new terrain tweaks in them. So any I give will be different from what you all atm. :wink-new:

***Update Feb 12th 2018***

• v0.1.0
  • Tweaked terrain generator for better performance reasons and clean up.
  • You now have a chance to collect feathers from all trees. Better quality tool/skill more feathers.
  • Adjusted how Ghouls are looked at by the system.
  • Adjusted Ghoul spawn rate in the biomes.
  • Adjusted loot from Zeds and Ghoul harvesting.

***Update Feb 12th 2018***

• v0.1.0
  • Tweaked terrain generator for better performance reasons and clean up.
  • You now have a chance to collect feathers from all trees. Better quality tool/skill more feathers.
  • Adjusted how Ghouls are looked at by the system.
  • Adjusted Ghoul spawn rate in the biomes.
  • Adjusted loot from Zeds and Ghoul harvesting.

This may have been addressed already, but with each of these updates do we need to reinstall the mods and start fresh?

The Wasteland UI package of Dying Land's does not have Bigger Back Pack. Only SMX UI Bigger Back Pack is supported.

Does this mean only SMX BBP works with Dying Lands? Does Guppycur’s Wasteland UI work? Tin’s Wasteland isn’t working for the UI either for me.

Does this mean only SMX BBP works with Dying Lands? Does Guppycur’s Wasteland UI work? Tin’s Wasteland isn’t working for the UI either for me.

Tin has one mod in the Mod Launcher that he supports: Dying Lands.

As a courtesy to players, and with Tin's permission, I am offering SMX Bigger Back Pack Mod from Sirilion, and Guppycur's Wasteland UI through the Mod Launcher.

Guppycur's Wasteland UI worked when I tested it. What seems to be the issue?

I think the question was for BBP. Currently BBP was added with SMX UI, Wasteland UI doesn't have BBP, nor the core The Dying Lands mod.

Concerning the recent updates... I have been plundering the bushes so much i'm settled with feathers for ages... And now we will have more feathers? Gonna have to rain arrows on everything now to get rid of the surplus ;) It's a pity though, i got a 526 machete from bloodmoon zombies and it's laying in the trunk unused...

I think the question was for BBP. Currently BBP was added with SMX UI, Wasteland UI doesn't have BBP, nor the core The Dying Lands mod.

Concerning the recent updates... I have been plundering the bushes so much i'm settled with feathers for ages... And now we will have more feathers? Gonna have to rain arrows on everything now to get rid of the surplus ;) It's a pity though, i got a 526 machete from bloodmoon zombies and it's laying in the trunk unused...

Quit being so efficient with the arrows >.> :playful: Nah I think I nerfed the ghoul spawn a touch much. Im going to let this play out a day or Two but I'll probably readjust their spawn up or introduce more zeds in the biomes.

- - - Updated - - -

This may have been addressed already, but with each of these updates do we need to reinstall the mods and start fresh?

This latest patch yes, a new game should be re-rolled just because of the terrain gen tweaks.

Tin has one mod in the Mod Launcher that he supports: Dying Lands.

As a courtesy to players, and with Tin's permission, I am offering SMX Bigger Back Pack Mod from Sirilion, and Guppycur's Wasteland UI through the Mod Launcher.

Guppycur's Wasteland UI worked when I tested it. What seems to be the issue?

Well, I removed Tin's UI/BBP mods and then installed both SMX BBP and Guppy UI (each separately) and neither worked. I will reinstall Tin's DL mod again, reroll and then try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quit being so efficient with the arrows >.> :playful: Nah I think I nerfed the ghoul spawn a touch much. Im going to let this play out a day or Two but I'll probably readjust their spawn up or introduce more zeds in the biomes.

- - - Updated - - -

This latest patch yes, a new game should be re-rolled just because of the terrain gen tweaks.

Thanks Tin, you're the best! I actually don't mind rerolling at all. I kinda like the whole "starting out" thing :)

Well, I removed Tin's UI/BBP mods and then installed both SMX BBP and Guppy UI (each separately) and neither worked. I will reinstall Tin's DL mod again, reroll and then try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Tin, you're the best! I actually don't mind rerolling at all. I kinda like the whole "starting out" thing :)

Thanks! and yeah, I don't really support any UI mods atm But sphereii is being kind enough to offer everyone options for it. So if you have questions about any of the UI or BBM stuff you'll need to direct them to him as I don't have the knowledge into them yet.

Thanks! and yeah, I don't really support any UI mods atm But sphereii is being kind enough to offer everyone options for it. So if you have questions about any of the UI or BBM stuff you'll need to direct them to him as I don't have the knowledge into them yet.

I reloaded everything and it works fine now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23984[/ATTACH]

- - - Updated - - -

Tin ........ I know you are updating the mod and that is ok ....... But I just got finished building my floating base .. just in time for Day 35 Horde

If I must start over again .. THEN I must and I think I will not make permit bases at this time.

I have noticed something and I don't know if you planned it or not .. Shotguns will not target ghouls and when you are in sneak they do not show up as be hunted.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23984[/ATTACH]

Tin ........ I know you are updating the mod and that is ok ....... But I just got finished building my floating base .. just in time for Day 35 Horde

If I must start over again .. THEN I must and I think I will not make permit bases at this time.

I have noticed something and I don't know if you planned it or not .. Shotguns will not target ghouls and when you are in sneak they do not show up as be hunted.

Oh you have time..

Everything seems to run better as it is right now so anything I release in the short term will just be minor updates that shouldn't require a restart.

The UMA ghouls don't have the stuff in them to use the sneak feature, same with the vultures n such.

Obviously the shotgun turrets have something in them that doesn't acknowledge them either.

It's not something I can change unless I make this mod a non xml only mod. Not really sure I want to do that at this time.

Perhaps when A17 drops I'll have more options but I'll also probably need to totally revamp this mod when that happens.

Edit:Nice fort BTW ;)

Oh you have time..

Everything seems to run better as it is right now so anything I release in the short term will just be minor updates that shouldn't require a restart.

The UMA ghouls don't have the stuff in them to use the sneak feature, same with the vultures n such.

Obviously the shotgun turrets have something in them that doesn't acknowledge them either.

It's not something I can change unless I make this mod a non xml only mod. Not really sure I want to do that at this time.

Perhaps when A17 drops I'll have more options but I'll also probably need to totally revamp this mod when that happens.

Edit:Nice fort BTW ;)

Thank you on base design and the quick Reply ... As always .. really enjoying the mod .. from the old gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Hey Tin,

Are roads being disconnected between cities a "Feature" in your mod? It seems like every seed i play, none of the cities connect...all the roads leading out of them dead end somewhere along the way.

I did some testing and it looks like this is due to the cell_size you set in the rwgmixer file. Anything 2100+ seems to break road connections between hub cells, but anything 2099 or less makes the roads connect even through cells that have no cities.

Hey Tin,

Are roads being disconnected between cities a "Feature" in your mod? It seems like every seed i play, none of the cities connect...all the roads leading out of them dead end somewhere along the way.

I did some testing and it looks like this is due to the cell_size you set in the rwgmixer file. Anything 2100+ seems to break road connections between hub cells, but anything 2099 or less makes the roads connect even through cells that have no cities.

Nope not a feature :( It's been bothering me to no end. I'll try 2099 xD and see if that fixes them, If so I'll put it in the next update! If so awesome find!!

My cells may be a bit smaller but meh it'll work. More connecting roads will be better.

Edit: yep works like a charm! simply Awesome! very awesome find!

Huzzah!

Admittedly burnt out a little with the game, or just 'meh' lately, been messing around with a overly modified all-pine world, wanting to make a spooky forest region.

If I get back into the game, looking forward to whatever next might pop into this mod.

Yeah, I get burnt out myself that's why I mod ;) As of right now I mod the game more than I play as of late.

I like making terrain generators and biome decorating the most.

Yeah, I get burnt out myself that's why I mod ;) As of right now I mod the game more than I play as of late.

I like making terrain generators and biome decorating the most.

I have to make a third on that! I'm glad you're modding, it's like playing a new game almost... Also, this has to be the friendliest and most helpful mod community I've ever dealt with! Everybody keep it up!

Special shout out to Tin, Sphereii and Khulkhuum!

Thanks, but i only play, not mod ;) Tin, Sphereii and Guppycur need all the attention!

Currently i am expanding at my city base #1, created a few patches to grow plants and went into "i can kill anything" mode... Which is a bit boring in some ways (less ghouls to kill, more time to loot). BUT! I do need to up my skills, because i still can't kill cops with my hunting knife, don't have a minibike, no chemstation and no weapon recipies found yet... 14 Day Horde will be fun.

Cool mod!

I really like that zombies see you from further away and tail you unless you break the line of sight. Also i like zombies swinging their arms while walking towards you.

I have a question though, can you make zombies run at night like in vanilla? (various speeds are cool but at night it should be more scary)

Cool mod!

I really like that zombies see you from further away and tail you unless you break the line of sight. Also i like zombies swinging their arms while walking towards you.

I have a question though, can you make zombies run at night like in vanilla? (various speeds are cool but at night it should be more scary)

I don't know what version you're on but all the Ghouls run at night and all the sleepers, while not full out running, are faster at night. Although things are changing a touch in the next update ;) The Fodder zeds (walkers 24/7) are pretty much gone except for some waves of the bloodmoon (for pacing). That's probably what you're seeing is most of the zeds are walkers.. but that's changing :evil:

Welcome to:

The Dying Lands

(Very small back story to account for the vast amounts of dilapidated homes and bldgs)

It's was a 150 years since the Zombies first appeared. At 50 yrs in, People were finally starting to band together to counter the threat. 50yrs later humanity was finally starting to make a comeback..or so we thought!

It was about that time strange occurrences began happening, A new threat was emerging and coming out of the shadows! No one really knows why or how the Ghouls appeared! Ghouls.. heh Just another word for Monster but that's what we call them. So now, a 150 years since this madness began, humanity is once again struggling just to survive...

D/L Link -->

The Dying Lands v0.1.0 Feb 12th 2018 <--

***Important*** Highly suggest you complete the first beginner quest!

**Note** v0.1.0 is in the launcher ty sphereii!!.

Giving a shout out to: Skippy0330 and his YouTube channel for doing a "First Look" video of the mod.

Giving a shout out to: GameEdge and his YouTube channel for doing a "First Look" video of the mod.

They Just do a better and more entertaining job of it then anything I can write about. So stop in and give him some love.

Giving a shout out to: Lost Soul and allowing me to use this link. ;)And you thought you were safe :evil:

Now I don't know if this will happen every time, since I never tested the AI tweaks with underground structures. Either way it can happen.

As of Jan 28th 2018...

Unofficial and requires the use of the launcher: Concerning the SMX UI with the Bigger backpack and merging other mods with this through the launcher..

Sphereii also added

First things first.

This is just (imo) enhancing whats already in the game itself. You won't find complex crafting or progressions etc,. here. You won't need a wiki or complex in game instructions in order to play this since it's still basically the same in most areas.

Biomes:

Have been redone top to bottom to give a different feel than the vanilla game. Iv'e hand made some new prefabs as well to help change it up (hopefully for the better).

You'll also notice that the dithering between biomes will give a much smoother transition than before.

The biomes themselves are in general much larger and will take more time to get through them.

One thing that will become pretty clear early on is there's no standalone "Snow" biome but snow covered mountains instead.

Water is also drastically reduced but there's still plenty. The water biome itself also has increased spawning.

The weather:

Has been tweaked in such a way to actually be a more pleasant gaming experience and less psychotic in 'temperature' fluctuations. In certain biomes you will get cold at times and other you will get hot at times but it'll be bit more fluid and not quite as jarring.

The terrain has totally been revamped as well and closer to how I want it (still may tweak it here and there).

*Note* Roads are still an issue and do not always lead to Cities/Towns and just end at times. I have tried everything I can think of to counter this from happening with no success. It is what it is and I have no control over it.

AI:

I have spent a couple months on trying to find a work around to get the pathing of entities better. I think I have succeeded! but it's at a cost.

During the day sneaking will be mostly unattainable. Losing the zeds actual line of sight for a period of time is the key. At night you can still sneak, it's more difficult but you can still do it. Sleepers are more prone to wake up! So I would prepare before entering.

*Special Note* Please let me know whether you like the crazy zed frenzy of swatting everything and anything in it's path as they make their way towards you. This was more of a personal preference as I liked watching them just go nuts periodically swatting each other when they couldn't get to me, as almost in a frustrating response. Also it's funny as you knock em on their back and they are twitching and flailing away "Twitchers" (somebody should get that reference;)).

I can easily change them to be more attentive on when and what to focus on if ppl seriously have issues with it.

Zed's: Are a lot more aggressive in nature now. Once they see you, they will go into a frenzy swiping and swatting at the air and anything around them but ever walking closer and closer to you anticipating their next meal.

Not all zeds are created equal. Some will attack more often others won't. Some hit harder some lighter Etc,. Variety is the spice of life and all that.

The majority of zeds are walkers 24/7 but there are other types that are faster day or night.

***If you want to change them to more a vanilla attacking goto this link and it explains how to do so (really easy):https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?79029-Tin-sMod-The-Dying-Lands&p=775309&viewfull=1#post775309***

Wandering hordes: Have been toned down quite a bit to almost be a rare occurrence. Mostly what you'll find is boars/snakes or vultures rolling into your area and every so often a group of zeds to follow.

To counter the toned down wandering hordes there are more zeds in the biomes in general and they will spawn back faster than the vanilla 5 days. So just a little warning. Don't get complacent that your area will be free of zeds for 5days.

Ware the Vultures! Wandering horde or not. These aren't you typical Vultures They are A LOT more aggressive than normal.

The Screamers: Are deadly and close to on par with the bloodmoon hordes in the later gamestages. So be careful and don't let them get the better of you.

*In return for making them more deadly* The heat map has been toned down on some item's so it should give you a touch more breathing room but not a ton ;)

Bloodmoon Hordes: Will last, on average, till 4am every time they occur.

Forest: Forest are Forest whether they are mostly Pine or Maple. Trees trees trees galore! I've decorated those biomes in such a way to hopefully (for the majority of players) not drop the fps.

Hubs (Town/Cities): Will vary in a variety of sizes but they CAN get pretty big!

All Trader pois: Are located in Towns/Cities and no longer in the wilderness. Want to find a trader? Locate a town or city! The Trader quest has also been removed from the beginner quest chain.

High Value prefabs: Have had their spawns re tweaked. Bookstores, Gun stores, Apartment bldgs, Diners and Fast food, Pharmacies, Hospitals, Police stations and many more.. to help make the world more alive...er undead?! This has been done to make prefabs matter a bit more and increased the threat at places that would likely see high population counts.

Nice work I love it !!

Archived