Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Hi I am trying to play 2.05 but the game hangs on "Creating Player" with an error of NullReferenceException from the console.

Can anyone help?

Here is what the output.log file repeats over and over:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at EntityPlayerLocal.XIQ (Single , Vector3i ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayerLocal.isHeadUnderwater (Single shift) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayerLocal.isHeadUnderwater () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Entity.checkIsUnderwater () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayerLocal.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Oh, and trying the seed "Ravenhearst2.05".

Edited by Loftus (see edit history)

So I'm waiting for PingPerfect to install this mod on their servers. the 21 days horde dedicated version, and unfortunately they can't seem to get it up and installed. It's been approximately 24 hours since I set up the initial server stuff. Any suggestions to recommend to them to get it up and going?

It's a simple server install using the files in the first post. Im not sure what advice I can offer on that front except...download the zip and drop the files onto the server.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi I am trying to play 2.05 but the game hangs on "Creating Player" with an error of NullReferenceException from the console.

Can anyone help?

at EntityPlayerLocal.isHeadUnderwater (Single shift) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Im not entirely sure what the issue could be but it sounds like you MAY have spawned inside water?

Tried a different seed "Ravenhearst2.04" and received the same NRE. The following is what's in the output.log, the last 3 lines just repeat infinitely and hangs the game:

2017-11-29T21:45:31 123.245 INF Loading player data

Exception: Item with name 'classSelection' not found in class playerMale

at EntityAlive.CopyPropertiesFromEntityClass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayer.CopyPropertiesFromEntityClass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayerLocal.CopyPropertiesFromEntityClass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Entity.Init (Int32 _entityClass) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.Init (Int32 _entityClass) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayer.Init (Int32 _entityClass) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayerLocal.Init (Int32 _entityClass) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityFactory.CreateEntity (.EntityCreationData _ecd) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager+ZU.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayer.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Could it be that I am not letting the Mod Launcher complete the install? There really isn't much feedback from its UI as to when it's done, etc.

Good lord, is this download massive on a very slow server? I have a 300Mbps down connection and it looks like the ModLauncher is downloading at 8Mbps. If this is a 2Gb download, it will take 35 minutes?

Wow, waited and now it's hung at "Loading main menu...." Here is what the output.log says now:

HandleD3DDeviceLost

HandleD3DDeviceLost: still lost

Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

(Filename: Line: 1254)

HandleD3DDeviceLost

HandleD3DDeviceLost: needs reset, doing it

FullResetD3DDevice

ResetD3DDevice

dev->Reset

D3Dwindow device not lost anymore

.... can't get past "loading main menu..." screen ......

So now there are no discernable errors reported in the output.log file, but I am still hanging at "loading main menu" screen with a cursor and music.

Since setting up my server I'm the only player and none of my friends can get the mod to work. Perhaps you guys need to check your files and refresh them or something - and maybe look at how they are compressed ? It really looks like something has gone wrong somewhere for so many people to be unable to get the mod to install and run.

Since setting up my server I'm the only player and none of my friends can get the mod to work. Perhaps you guys need to check your files and refresh them or something - and maybe look at how they are compressed ? It really looks like something has gone wrong somewhere for so many people to be unable to get the mod to install and run.

I am sorry you are having these issues. Perhaps if you provide more information what the issues are we can help. We have helped dozens of other players who could not get the install done properly get into the game and we would love to help you as well.

The files themselves are fine as there are a large number of players who are not having any issues including our community on our server. We would love a chance to help you and your friends enjoy the mod.

I can play it and its a good mod. ( I've played plenty of mods too so congrats on all the hard work) But my friends cant seem to get the mod to download/install. They are all trying the 7 day horde file. I've got them to delete their folders and try again, point the launcher to a new place and try again nothing seems to work. The mod just wont complete. Either it wont download or it hangs on the clone process. Can you let me know of any strategies they could try to make sure the file downlaods and the clone doesnt hang ? thanks.

I have this error here :upset:

So far I've tried manually installing it and that didn't work out.

Then I deleted my 7D2D folder and got Steam to verify/install 7D2D again.

I then used the 7D2D Launcher to install the mod again, same result.

Any help is appreciated, can't wait to try this beast out over the weekend :02.47-tranquillity:

error.jpg.dd585347b2330cb59596459c64c8c693.jpg

Edit: Sorry found the other post about this problem and didn't realize you couldn't see the attachment. I'm trying a full uninstall and re-install now!

Problem was;

2017-11-18T21:27:48 160.982 ERR Laoding and parsing 'Blocks.xml' (Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

2017-11-18T21:27:48 160.982 ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!

2017-11-18T21:27:48 160.982 ERR at SDX.Payload.ResourceWrapper.Load (System.String names.System Type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown> :0

at BlockShapeModel Entity.TW () [0x00000] in <filename unknown. :0

at BlockShapeModel Entity.Init (.Block _block) [0x00000] in <filename unknown. :0

at BlocksFromXml.CreateBlocks (.XmlFile_xmlFile, Boolean_fillLookupTable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown> :0

2017-11-18%21:27:38 161.531 ERR Loading and parsing items xml file (Unknown block name 'cucumber1' in use_action/ at ItemActionPlaceAsBlock.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperites_props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown> :0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile_xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown> :0

2017-11-18%21:27:38 161.532 ERR Loading of items aborted due to errors!

2017-11-18%21:27:38 161.532 ERR at ItemActionPlaceAsBlock.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties_props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown> :0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile_xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown> :0

Exception: Block with name 'plantedAppleTree3Harvest" not Found!

Edited by KMinos
possible fix (see edit history)

I am sorry you are having these issues. Perhaps if you provide more information what the issues are we can help. We have helped dozens of other players who could not get the install done properly get into the game and we would love to help you as well.

The files themselves are fine as there are a large number of players who are not having any issues including our community on our server. We would love a chance to help you and your friends enjoy the mod.

This may help? I downloaded the files and one of them got corrupted in the Download process. The error was found by 7zip extractor. I Re-downloaded and it was fine. I cant see how this would really be an issue with the mod per say, since compression happens on githubs side. It was one of the unity assets IIRC.

- - - Updated - - -

I can play it and its a good mod. ( I've played plenty of mods too so congrats on all the hard work) But my friends cant seem to get the mod to download/install. They are all trying the 7 day horde file. I've got them to delete their folders and try again, point the launcher to a new place and try again nothing seems to work. The mod just wont complete. Either it wont download or it hangs on the clone process. Can you let me know of any strategies they could try to make sure the file downlaods and the clone doesnt hang ? thanks.

Depends on the server provider. Basically, they have to allow you to modify/add DLL files. Some hosts don't let you do that through FTP. The only one I know of that allows you to modify DLL files is bluefang, though I am 100% sure there are others.

TLDR; If your host allows you to modify/add DLL files, you can copy the files over yourself.

So I'm waiting for PingPerfect to install this mod on their servers. the 21 days horde dedicated version, and unfortunately they can't seem to get it up and installed. It's been approximately 24 hours since I set up the initial server stuff. Any suggestions to recommend to them to get it up and going?

Give them this link to the direct download

https://github.com/JaxTeller718/MainVersion/archive/master.zip

Tell them to copy the contents into the games root folder and overwrite the existing files.

If they can't figure that out, request a refund and switch hosts.

Can anyone help?

I have no idea if this is the case or not, but maybe the RWG doesn't support "." in the "2.05" Do you still get the error if you don't use "."

Regarding a period in the seed name ...

Possibly, but I don't think so. I will try once I am able to launch the game again. I can't get past the "loading main menu..." screen at this point.

Anyone able to help with that?

Checked the log and this is the only line I could find that's an exception:

The file 'F:/7D2D/Ravenhearst/7_Day_Horde_Streamer_Edition/7DaysToDie_Data/level1' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!

[Position out of bounds!]

(Filename: Line: 223)

What's unity?

Regarding a period in the seed name ...

Possibly, but I don't think so. I will try once I am able to launch the game again. I can't get past the "loading main menu..." screen at this point.

Anyone able to help with that?

Checked the log and this is the only line I could find that's an exception:

The file 'F:/7D2D/Ravenhearst/7_Day_Horde_Streamer_Edition/7DaysToDie_Data/level1' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!

[Position out of bounds!]

(Filename: Line: 223)

What's unity?

That error is 'fine'. It's not critical. Unity is the game engine that the game is built in. It can take 5 to 10 minutes to start the game.

Thanks sphereii - when you say 5-10 minutes, do you mean from starting to download and install mod or after that? As far as I know, I've completed the download and install and when I launch by hitting Play in the launcher, the game starts and goes to the black "loading main menu..." screen but hangs.

The most recent instance I've tried to launch has been sitting at that screen for 9 minutes.

Thanks sphereii - when you say 5-10 minutes, do you mean from starting to download and install mod or after that? As far as I know, I've completed the download and install and when I launch by hitting Play in the launcher, the game starts and goes to the black "loading main menu..." screen but hangs.

The most recent instance I've tried to launch has been sitting at that screen for 9 minutes.

This will vary a lot, on your internet speed, hard drive, CPU, and how much fairy dust is in the atmosphere...

Expected download, like just pressing Test Mod Sync: 10 to 190 minutes. ( The range is what I've heard from the users )

Expected Start Up, like you just pressing Play with the mod already downloaded: 5 to 15 minutes before you see the Main Menu

Average time for download should be about 20 minutes though. Subsequent downloads should be faster.

Common problems are:

1) Poor internet connection to GitHub

2) Possibly filtering or packet shaping on the download (ISP)

3) Possibly throttling from Github

4) Norton or Avast nuking the installer or blocking it from reaching the internet

5) Patience

Those are the challenges we are trying to overcome, and it's more prevalent in the larger mods. Some we have possible ideas on how to resolve, whereas others are outside of our ability to do anything about it.

That error is 'fine'. It's not critical. Unity is the game engine that the game is built in. It can take 5 to 10 minutes to start the game.

That's why I asked earlier about the "Refresh Mod Automatically" checked box. Does that reinstall the mod each time the launcher starts the game? Also what will unchecking it do?

That's why I asked earlier about the "Refresh Mod Automatically" checked box. Does that reinstall the mod each time the launcher starts the game? Also what will unchecking it do?

Oh I'm sorry, I must have missed it.

Refresh Mods Automatically - Allows test Mod Sync to re-download / re-verify. If unchecked, it skips the download, and copies TempMods into the game folder.

If Refresh Mods Automatically is Checked:

Test Mod Sync - Downloads the Mod into TempMods

Play -> Downloads the Mod Into TempMods, and copies it into the game folder. Launches the game.

If it's not checked:

Test mod Sync - Does nothing

Play - Copies the TempMods folder into the game folder, and launches the game.

Direct Download - Skips the GitHub API and downloads the zip file directly, either through the Test Mod Sync button or the Play button.

It seems excessively confusing, however, all the user should have to do is just "Install Mod", then "Play" and it works. Most of the users just need to do those steps. All these extra steps become relevant and important when we start experiencing trouble. 95% of the Mod Launcher users never have to do any of those steps.

We just see the corner cases here :)

Hi The Lorax,

Here is the hang message when starting:

HandleD3DDeviceLost

HandleD3DDeviceLost: still lost

Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

(Filename: Line: 1254)

Let me try to install Discord and get on there.

Can someone point me to how to get on 7D2D Discord?

Not really. Just saves you the re-verification step, which can be long or slow. However, you'll still take the hit of 1.2 Gs of files being opened and loaded, and there's just no getting around that.