Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

So happy to see Ravenhearst is happening in A17. Hands down the best mod out there for my taste and I can stop being worried to much over the nerfbat that is slowly working its way through Vanilla=)

Loads of cred to you Jax and the team working with this.

So happy to see Ravenhearst is happening in A17. Hands down the best mod out there for my taste and I can stop being worried to much over the nerfbat that is slowly working its way through Vanilla=)

Loads of cred to you Jax and the team working with this.

Thank you for the kind comments. I think the biggest thing that makes us so cherished by our community is that we all PLAY the game a lot. Ive done at least 4 plays to day 21 now with shorty and we take notes every single time.

Work is in full swing on RH 5. Right now its me porting over the best features from the previous RH. We have some great and talented people this go around. I'm excited for what Makabriel is going to bring to our maps, w00kien00kie is a recent addition but his knowledge is unmatched and he is the one who is rigging up the quality system again for us.

Im currently figuring out our perks and progression with the rest of the team, and just recently added gun parts back into the recipes for all guns. It may not be assembly like we knew and loved.... yet but its been nice to not find a box of full guns at my base on day 7.

We have already ported over a few models and are working on more too

You can see some of them here https://imgur.com/a/rhP1iVF

All in all once stable is released I will be sharing way more news and updates.

By bringing back the old quality system, is it going to be say 1-100 no mods, 101-200 1 mod, etc? Also, would say having a weapon that's 65, you get parts that make it 145, would it then open a mod slot or would mods slots just depend on when picked up? Would that also then make weapons way overpowered with the new mod system going with it too? It seems like you can get say a 400+ weapon with no mods be as strong as the current system now with a 6 and full mods. I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of balancing to go along with it too so it wouldn't be that way since mods were to take place of the old quality system with all the weapon stats. Figuring it would be smaller gains with higher quality than previously so that mods still take some kind of importance. Unless just replacing mods with gun parts and ridding mods all together? Just have to wait and see, I've enjoyed the mod in A16.4, with all the changes, curious to see what it'd be like now.

By bringing back the old quality system, is it going to be say 1-100 no mods, 101-200 1 mod, etc? Also, would say having a weapon that's 65, you get parts that make it 145, would it then open a mod slot or would mods slots just depend on when picked up? Would that also then make weapons way overpowered with the new mod system going with it too? It seems like you can get say a 400+ weapon with no mods be as strong as the current system now with a 6 and full mods. I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of balancing to go along with it too so it wouldn't be that way since mods were to take place of the old quality system with all the weapon stats. Figuring it would be smaller gains with higher quality than previously so that mods still take some kind of importance. Unless just replacing mods with gun parts and ridding mods all together? Just have to wait and see, I've enjoyed the mod in A16.4, with all the changes, curious to see what it'd be like now.

When Jax says you are in good hands, you are in good hands. Credit to w00kien00kie for figuring all the logistics out, now its up to me to balance it all.

Mods will still be VERY important. the plan is for the qualities to give a small bonus in all areas, with mods giving the rest. As you can see from the pic, when you loot you can find any number quality.

Here is how it works thus far:

- Quality is now 1 - 120 (instead of 1 - 6). 6 colours as usual.

- Tools and Weapons (melee, ranged and guns) now have a sliding dmg instead of a fixed dmg for all quality levels.

- Quality on crafted items are linked to the int perk as current setup but with slightly reworked levels (perk descriptions not updated yet).

-- Level 1 int = 1 quality items

-- Level 2 - 3 int = 20 quality items

-- Level 4 - 5 int = 40 quality items

-- Level 6 - 7 int = 60 quality items

-- Level 8 int = 80 quality items

-- Level 9 int = 100 quality items

-- Level 10 int = 120 quality items

- Loot boxes should contain items lvl 1 - 120, percentage chances are standard atm

- Trader should have items with lvls 1 - 120, percentage chances are standard atm

- Quest rewards should have items with lvls 1 - 120, percentage chances are standard atm

- Treasures should have items with lvls 1 - 120, percentage chances are standard atm

- Air Drops ... should be working as well

A17.0_2018-12-11_12-53-36.jpg.03507c250d0d9a7ee92bfa0fffa13b72.jpg

When Jax says you are in good hands, you are in good hands. Credit to w00kien00kie for figuring all the logistics out, now its up to me to balance it all.

Mods will still be VERY important. the plan is for the qualities to give a small bonus in all areas, with mods giving the rest. As you can see from the pic, when you loot you can find any number quality.

Here is how it works thus far:

- Quality is now 1 - 120 (instead of 1 - 6). 6 colours as usual.

- Tools and Weapons (melee, ranged and guns) now have a sliding dmg instead of a fixed dmg for all quality levels.

- Quality on crafted items are linked to the int perk as current setup but with slightly reworked levels (perk descriptions not updated yet).

-- Level 1 int = 1 quality items

-- Level 2 - 3 int = 20 quality items

-- Level 4 - 5 int = 40 quality items

-- Level 6 - 7 int = 60 quality items

-- Level 8 int = 80 quality items

-- Level 9 int = 100 quality items

-- Level 10 int = 120 quality items

- Loot boxes should contain items lvl 1 - 120, percentage chances are standard atm

- Trader should have items with lvls 1 - 120, percentage chances are standard atm

- Quest rewards should have items with lvls 1 - 120, percentage chances are standard atm

- Treasures should have items with lvls 1 - 120, percentage chances are standard atm

- Air Drops ... should be working as well

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26209[/ATTACH]

So if I'm lucky enough, day 1 I could have 120 quality items?

Currently only from the trader and that's only because the trader is bugged and isnt limiting stock to lower levels of quality.

ah, so what you see drop is also based on intellect, along with the quality that can be crafted? Or would there be something to do with player level that would increase what is dropped?

Guys your work is amazing.

This mod is just so much fun. The variety of crafting is giving me a glorious time.

For the two problems we are occuring at our game at hands:

we are around day 55 right now and still in the need of the sewing kit for unlocking the second set of classes. Is the timeframe of ~60 days to get that done on par with your experience? If not, where to look for that damn sneaky kit?

And our master of the concrete is missing a "putty knife/trowel". Not sure which the term is you use ingame. The term itself would go a long way. Is it craftable or is it a loot-only item?

Given that we haven't played that much overall, we might be missing out on good tacticsand therefore we are running out on options to fend of hordes without creating concrete ourselves.

We'll manage somehow surely, but those two hints would go a long way.

Thanks again for your great work guys!

I just got a new asus TUF gaming laptop. When I try and run 7D2D ravenhearst I get a black screen before it loads to the main menu and just sits there. I haven't been able to find a solution to resolve this. The Nvidia control panel have a setting for auto scaling.

Hello, sry for my english, is not my Mother language, so im a Fan of Version 3.1.5, but it seems to be its not working, i load the game and there are issues, i think some Files are not working.

I just got a new asus TUF gaming laptop. When I try and run 7D2D ravenhearst I get a black screen before it loads to the main menu and just sits there. I haven't been able to find a solution to resolve this. The Nvidia control panel have a setting for auto scaling.

Most issues with installing mods are an installation problem. Please make sure youve got a clean version of A16.4 (or the relevant version for RH 3.1.5), it will NOT work with A17. If you have installed A17 youll need to do a full reinstall to the previous Alphas.

Try the following : https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/0/618458030657680536/

Most issues with installing mods are an installation problem. Please make sure youve got a clean version of A16.4 (or the relevant version for RH 3.1.5), it will NOT work with A17. If you have installed A17 youll need to do a full reinstall to the previous Alphas.

Try the following : https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/0/618458030657680536/

I got a clean A16.4B8 Version, still Issues at the Loading Screen (Items).

Look the Screenshot from Loeading Screen

http://prntscr.com/m14jds

Edited by Sky83
Screenshot (see edit history)

sorry we're not in here too much, atm

if you're still having issues, you could paste your output_log (located in the 7daystodie_data folder) contents @ http://www.pastebin.com and shoot the link in here. the root of the problem usually doesn't show in the console drop down.

I got a clean A16.4B8 Version, still Issues at the Loading Screen (Items).

Look the Screenshot from Loeading Screen

http://prntscr.com/m14jds

Hello, just for ask if you have an estimate when Ravenhearst mod will be update for A17, just for know. I love your mod and i can't play without, I am so impatient. Thx for your work and good year. :rapture:

PS : Sry for my english I am french. :)