Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Trader Spawn Issue

The thing is i can only find a single trader and some destroyed settlements with no traders in every seed i've tested so far. I concluded this after hours of exploration in my mini bike and using cheats to make sure i didn't miss any traders, i would be grateful if someone could help me with this issue.

i'd be happy if i had 3 or 4 traders but a single trader in each seed is kinda annoying, can you tell me your seed.

The trader availability is very intentional, its supposed to be difficult, its designed to curtail trader exploits. Other than certain station tools there really isnt a need for traders, in theory.

Can you eventually learn all classes?

Also could use some advice, how does nomad diffculty in Ravenhearst compare to diffculties in the base game? I been having issues starting out, mostly zombies just feel a bit too tanky, the spawn rate I also feel is way to high both in the open and defently in the poi's, I was in some random house with 5 zombies, 5 of them in a tiny room, never mind the 3 in the hallway and who knows how many more behind that door I can't see. Thats not including the 5 or so I killed on the first floor. The spawn rate would be fine, if the zombies weren't so tanky.

Melee kills to slow starting out, and I picked archer, and those arrows don't last when it takes 4+ to down a non-hive zombie. Don't even wanna see how many pistol shots it'll take if the pistol is as useless in this mod as it is in vanilla. In no way should a pistol be weaker than a bow or a crossbow, the round flies much faster and has that much more force behind it, but thats a vanilla issue.

Right clicking for power attacks doesn't seem to do enough bonus damage for how much stam they eat. I suppose thats just a starting issue, once you got more stamina and some sex rex perks its probally not bad.

So bascally, looking for advice? should I swallow my pride as a gamer and lower the diffculty so the zombies don't take forever to kill? or can you suggest a better starter class to go with? I really wanna experence what this mod has, but my first few days are always slow and boring.

Seems the casual version would fix my zombie hp issue, but I got a question, what If I wanted the base experence except for the zombie health? which file from the casual version do I need to overwrite the base version with, as I just want the less tankier zombies.

Edited by Scyris (see edit history)

Can you eventually learn all classes?

you absolutely can. i'm going to post the notes from our discord on casual mode, some of it is out of date, for instance encumbrance was removed from all modes later on for the time being.

largely the main things affected ARE zombie health and spawning, second class (support, so take an offensive class to start) awarded at the end of the survival quests, and a small nerf to knowledge points needed to progress through classes. so it really might be what you're looking for.

---

-Cars do not respawn any more (Removed for Realism in Casual Mode)

-Plants take 5 in game hours now

-Animal Traps, Chicken Coops, Composter, Bee Hives and Rain Collectors take 2 in game hours

-Slight reduction in amount of XP needed to level (17,000 down to 14,000)

-Second Support class selection awarded at the end of the Opening questline

-Zombie HP Lowered

-Prisoner and Herd Health Lowered

-Terror Health Lowered

-Backpack now Stays 2400

-Remains now stay 600

-Dropped Loot now Stays 900

-Reduced KP Cost on Items

-Skill Points Awarded when Levelling Raised to 7

-300 Level axe, pickaxe and bow along with 150 arrows awarded as you quest in Basic Survival

-Break removed from the Quest reward tools and weapons so you will not lose them anymore

-Encumbrance removed

-Fuller RWG with more towns and cities

-Gamestage Increases slowed down a bit

-Reduced Zombie Spawning

-Animals will respawn every 5 days instead of 7

you absolutely can. i'm going to post the notes from our discord on casual mode, some of it is out of date, for instance encumbrance was removed from all modes later on for the time being.

largely the main things affected ARE zombie health and spawning, second class (support, so take an offensive class to start) awarded at the end of the survival quests, and a small nerf to knowledge points needed to progress through classes. so it really might be what you're looking for.

---

-Cars do not respawn any more (Removed for Realism in Casual Mode)

-Plants take 5 in game hours now

-Animal Traps, Chicken Coops, Composter, Bee Hives and Rain Collectors take 2 in game hours

-Slight reduction in amount of XP needed to level (17,000 down to 14,000)

-Second Support class selection awarded at the end of the Opening questline

-Zombie HP Lowered

-Prisoner and Herd Health Lowered

-Terror Health Lowered

-Backpack now Stays 2400

-Remains now stay 600

-Dropped Loot now Stays 900

-Reduced KP Cost on Items

-Skill Points Awarded when Levelling Raised to 7

-300 Level axe, pickaxe and bow along with 150 arrows awarded as you quest in Basic Survival

-Break removed from the Quest reward tools and weapons so you will not lose them anymore

-Encumbrance removed

-Fuller RWG with more towns and cities

-Gamestage Increases slowed down a bit

-Reduced Zombie Spawning

-Animals will respawn every 5 days instead of 7

Ahh cool, all I am really intersted in though is the reduced zombie health. Seems entityclasses.xml is what controls this, so I can just overwrite the one in my base install with the one from the casual version.

If you really want a map with multiple traders. Try seed "fukjax" [sorry jax]. Got 4 traders in four adjacent towns.

Hmm... your seed got me 5 traders within a short period, maybe i should stop mashing my keyboard when it asks for seed name, anyways ty guys appreciate your help.

Quick question to creator.

Any plans on making this amazing (my #1 mod) to A17 ?

100 percent yes. We have our work cut out for us because from what I have seen the Pimps did a nice job in increasing difficulty but Ravenhearst will definitely live on in 17.

It may be a few months though, learning the new systems and playing it to fully understand and grasp what we have to work with. Number one priority for us is to make sure we provide a properly balanced challenge so research is necessary. We do not want to drag and drop RH into 17, rather we want to reinvent things.

I can promise that RH 17 will be the biggest version ever. On top of adapting all the new features to our mod we will ensure as always everything remains based in realism and we will always ensure that no matter what our fans get a true challenge to their gameplay. After speaking to some players in Grumbuls stream the general feeling is that we need to ramp up the difficulty to new levels. This will be a challenge because everything needs to make sense of course. But I look forward to it.

Ill be sharing more with everyone as go further along in development. Thank you to everyone for making our first year as a mod a success. The support and kind words from everyone has been humbling. Looking forward to your ideas and to what 17 has in store for us!

Edited by JaxTeller718 (see edit history)

we will definitely be going to look at adding more drivable vehicles in 17 yes, like the cars you now find in the street in RH.

Also not making any promises but if i can i MAY be able to drop that FINAL RH Patch for those of you staying in RH for a bit until 17 Stable. I'll have more news on that during the week.

Is there any chance to get a key like "R" to grab all Items in a Chest for the othersite. A Key that put all the Inventory stuff

(without the underst fast-slots and without the uppest inventory slots) in a Chest?

We need some Tools for better combine inventories, if you play and loot with other peoples. So much wasted time for ask, have anybody stone, and this, to combin inventory. Most after combining inventorie stuff, all have half emty inventory. But it nervse extremly.

Sorry for my bad english, i hope the sense of my text are understandable.

we will definitely be going to look at adding more drivable vehicles in 17 yes, like the cars you now find in the street in RH.

Also not making any promises but if i can i MAY be able to drop that FINAL RH Patch for those of you staying in RH for a bit until 17 Stable. I'll have more news on that during the week.

that would be SOO cool Jax.

hope you can make it happen :)

cheers

Canadus

Hi Jax :) Love your mod very much :) After playing your mod it's impossible for me to go back to the vanilla version of the game. Love the cars many great models in the game. But I am not sure If you know your guns ;) Becasue there are a couple of wepons wrongly done. Especially Desert Eagle has a wrong pistol model and one of the Squad Automatic Weapons has a wrong icon. I belive it was LSAT had a M4 icon. There are a ton of cool weapons in Experimental Recepies mod maybe you could prot some of them to your mod? Especially two variants of shiny Desert Eagles :) 50 BMG version and Magnum :) and my favorite Colt 1911 :) I remeber in the first Ravenhearst mod there was a flintlock pistol a shame it's not in the current. I noticed a couple of farm animals roamig the land Cows, pigs etc. Will there be animal husbandry in the game later on?

• 2 weeks later...