Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Getting a little frustrating. Day 41 and level 50. Still have not found: drill, welding torch, welding mask/hood, blender, and several other items.

Hints? Which POI?

blender could be in plain cardboard boxes or cabinets in kitchens.

drill: idk for sure.

welding torch / mask : working stiffs and construction boxes, maybe a few other spots.

Pray to the RNG Gods harder since its all random.

all right i hope this is not complain because i really love this mod

first my trader disappear although i upgraded his walls <snow trader> and i can put another one but he keep disappearing after i close my game so any solution? i feel op <overpowered> when i put new one as i get new stuff < i bought 3 beaker in 2 days>

2nd i got my first steel pickaxe 24 quality with block damage 140 but it cause 210 to stone ore and 140 to iron ore ;;i hope this is correct

3rd i can sell weapons with higher price ,,all i need to remove 1 part and kaboooom <SMG 74 quality worth 887 but remove 1 part now 2136 coins :) :) :)

i was not telling you that as you keep nerf traders in almost every way,,hope you make trader moderate not like now with almost nothing to sell or buy except feeble items

last thing those items like ink pen and others are not spawn like ravenhearst 3 ,,may be intended<idk>.......

Edited by mhwaso (see edit history)

all right i hope this is not complain because i really love this mod

first my trader disappear although i upgraded his walls <snow trader> and i can put another one but he keep disappearing after i close my game so any solution? i feel op <overpowered> when i put new one as i get new stuff < i bought 3 beaker in 2 days>

2nd i got my first steel pickaxe 24 quality with block damage 140 but it cause 210 to stone ore and 140 to iron ore ;;i hope this is correct

3rd i can sell weapons with higher price ,,all i need to remove 1 part and kaboooom <SMG 74 quality worth 887 but remove 1 part now 2136 coins :) :) :)

i was not telling you that as you keep nerf traders in almost every way,,hope you make trader moderate not like now with almost nothing to sell or buy except feeble items

last thing those items like ink pen and others are not spawn like ravenhearst 3 ,,may be intended<idk>.......

1. pick a trader from the persistent list not static

2. tools have modifiers vs type (stone or iron)

3. thats a work in progress still, even during testing things could be missed.

feedback and bugs/exploits can be reported in the discord channel (#errors and logs)

in4Sinder

OK, I've been having a BLAST with 4.3 after I got over how infuriating it was. However, as I explored and climbed levels, I didn't find any traders at all, in a half dozen cities and down every path. Now at skill level 65, with 7 cardboard boxes stuffed with trade goods, I finally tried the map explorer tool. ...and, there are none, at all, anywhere. I don't mind starting over - obviously I was doing so well I didn't even need traders - but is this something that's going to happen again? Traders add flavor and make early game easier and obscure station tools easier to find.

Am I just missing something? Or is this something I should be concerned about starting 4.3 again? Thanks

OK, I've been having a BLAST with 4.3 after I got over how infuriating it was. However, as I explored and climbed levels, I didn't find any traders at all, in a half dozen cities and down every path. Now at skill level 65, with 7 cardboard boxes stuffed with trade goods, I finally tried the map explorer tool. ...and, there are none, at all, anywhere. I don't mind starting over - obviously I was doing so well I didn't even need traders - but is this something that's going to happen again? Traders add flavor and make early game easier and obscure station tools easier to find.

Am I just missing something? Or is this something I should be concerned about starting 4.3 again? Thanks

Name is "rh 4.3 ran 00" if that matters.

they change cities size so small cities means no trader in them and big ones has trader

look for those big cities and you will find,,if you have bad seed you can move your character to new seed and not begin from zero

So...the 4.3 default RWGmixer claims to be an "improved" balance, and I WANT traders to have a chance in small cities. And in big cities and off on their own. What I got is nothing, nowhere. Did I just had extraordinarily bad luck here or is this normal bad luck? I invest a lot of time into this game and hate to see it wasted. Moving characters/worlds and hacking xml are big ruiners of verisimilitude.

they change cities size so small cities means no trader in them and big ones has trader

look for those big cities and you will find,,if you have bad seed you can move your character to new seed and not begin from zero

You will find traders in large cities that have dark color asphalt road, the light colored roads are concrete.

Small cities as you put it, are more or less, considered Towns.

Edited by Death2gnomes (see edit history)

So...the 4.3 default RWGmixer claims to be an "improved" balance, and I WANT traders to have a chance in small cities. And in big cities and off on their own. What I got is nothing, nowhere. Did I just had extraordinarily bad luck here or is this normal bad luck? I invest a lot of time into this game and hate to see it wasted. Moving characters/worlds and hacking xml are big ruiners of verisimilitude.

It is intentional that Traders be only spawn in large cities. So yes, it seems you just have had bad luck. It means you have to explore more of the map.

i passed level 60 and purchase quality joe 4/5 but the best quality i got is around 250 and very rare green or above ,,most item from 100 to 250 ,,how scavenging work ? you removed that skill although you can just show it with remove of buy option like other skills!!!!!!

is the last quality joe will even do anything 45points needed to just increase loot quality by 30 !!!!????

iam confused ,,,what should i do to loot green or blue items as no savenging skill found

one more thing about quest those we loved its requirement holding your start firearm??? how this supposed to be iron bow for archer class or what!!!!

Edited by mhwaso (see edit history)

Hello, i was wondering, what (where) is the makasin tower the hint info on the ESC screen thats shown? (or at leas how to identify it, anyone has a SS of it?

Also, it says ground zero, city UNDER, is there a city beneath the ground?

I read that the speed decrease on diferent biomes was removed, why im walking (and driving on the minibike) still slow for example on desert biome? or did i miss something?

Thanks for the info.

Hi,

I am looking for the Corporate Secrets evidence in the Higashi tower, I looted all possible places on all floors (including safes), files nowhere to be found. Did anyone experience this? Should I wait for loot to respawn and try again?

Found mine in a trash pile on roof near main stairwell.

in vanilla, it works as vanilla intended.

in ravenhearst, it works as the author intended. this isn't a mod for quick loot and fast results.

if the ability should give an improvement in the quality of things, but I continue to find gray things with full skill - this is not correct. It's not about survival or fast leveling...

i passed level 60 and purchase quality joe 4/5 but the best quality i got is around 250 and very rare green or above ,,most item from 100 to 250 ,,how scavenging work ? you removed that skill although you can just show it with remove of buy option like other skills!!!!!!

is the last quality joe will even do anything 45points needed to just increase loot quality by 30 !!!!????

Quality Joe skill does exactly what it says - increases quality of found loot by the particular amount. So with level 4/5 you should be getting all the loot with +70 quality.

Now for the base quality, for your level 60 character base quality is 51 - 150. And you won't ever get items better than quality 350.

The reason devs removed scavenging skill is to get around it's broken (or intended?) mechanic. Authors of this mod want for loot quality and level (common, uncommon, rare, untrarare) to scale with player level instead.

OK, I found a single trader in a single city after 48hrs of straight road running (thanks grain alcohol I found stashed in a car for helping with that case of dysentery - I didn't gear up because it was a suicide mission since I never thought I'd last the night). 7.5km as the crow flies, with a giant lake between home and it. But I give it a shot anyway, 9km of running filled with the priciest loot hoping for the best in my newly-pumped Secret Stash. An even sorer wrist later, I reach the trader. However, there is a bear sitting outside with a group of zombies fighting it, and despite trying to lure it away, it just manages to slip through the door before I close it. Fine, I know my way around and dash around some stairs and doors and finally meet with Trader Rekt and proceed to do my trades. However, there's kind of a lot of noise going on outside, and when I open the door to look, a zombie flies in and attacks me from the patio he's broken down. I kill it and slam the door shut, finish my trades as fast as possible, and bolt out the door. 2 rocket launches in the face fail to bring down the bear that follows me out, so I run on and out of the city thanks to some Red Bull. Only to be killed from excessive drunkenness in the next town after 10pm, but that's a different story.

So...what do you suppose happened to the trader after I left? I can't ring him up, and it's more than a day's round trip travel. Did the zombies go dormant when I left the sector at least? Will they still be there and start back up when I return? I've heard you can buff the traders now, so I'm back at my forge and cement mixer and trap-crafting pumping out resources, but what happens when I get there? Do you still get kicked out of traders' at night or can I stay within the walls I put up and defend it until I can get it trapped properly? Or do I have to work on it during the day, and instead intend on finding a new base and pumping it up enough to defend regular nights? I'm still about 10 days out from horde... Is the horde attracted to the trader as well as the player?

That just poses more questions!

Thanks

Edited by frinetik (see edit history)

OK, I found a single trader in a single city after 48hrs of straight road running (thanks grain alcohol I found stashed in a car for helping with that case of dysentery - I didn't gear up because it was a suicide mission since I never thought I'd last the night). 7.5km as the crow flies, with a giant lake between home and it. But I give it a shot anyway, 9km of running filled with the priciest loot hoping for the best in my newly-pumped Secret Stash. An even sorer wrist later, I reach the trader. However, there is a bear sitting outside with a group of zombies fighting it, and despite trying to lure it away, it just manages to slip through the door before I close it. Fine, I know my way around and dash around some stairs and doors and finally meet with Trader Rekt and proceed to do my trades. However, there's kind of a lot of noise going on outside, and when I open the door to look, a zombie flies in and attacks me from the patio he's broken down. I kill it and slam the door shut, finish my trades as fast as possible, and bolt out the door. 2 rocket launches in the face fail to bring down the bear that follows me out, so I run on and out of the city thanks to some Red Bull. Only to be killed from excessive drunkenness in the next town after 10pm, but that's a different story.

So...what do you suppose happened to the trader after I left? I can't ring him up, and it's more than a day's round trip travel. Did the zombies go dormant when I left the sector at least? Will they still be there and start back up when I return? I've heard you can buff the traders now, so I'm back at my forge and cement mixer and trap-crafting pumping out resources, but what happens when I get there? Do you still get kicked out of traders' at night or can I stay within the walls I put up and defend it until I can get it trapped properly? Or do I have to work on it during the day, and instead intend on finding a new base and pumping it up enough to defend regular nights? I'm still about 10 days out from horde... Is the horde attracted to the trader as well as the player?

That just poses more questions!

Thanks

Great read, and likely a fun, little adventure. Also very curious if the trader kicks you off the premises as night falls. Want to stay and improve the defenses of the store front from would-be zombie looters, but haven't had a chance to test anything as i haven't actually found a store as of yet...also, i'm a coward and don't want to get kicked out at night and crap myself :D

Great read, and likely a fun, little adventure. Also very curious if the trader kicks you off the premises as night falls. Want to stay and improve the defenses of the store front from would-be zombie looters, but haven't had a chance to test anything as i haven't actually found a store as of yet...also, i'm a coward and don't want to get kicked out at night and crap myself :D

Finding the one trader was nuts. That generated map is huge! The amount of rewarding game time possible in each generated map is crazy, especially with all the extra Ravenhearst POI. I was running with Athletics 80 and Road Runner for 48 game hours without backtracking and only a little overlapping, and saw the outside of a LOT of cool buildings. I found about a dozen towns, but only one city, per the description above with the asphalt vs concrete.

I have to figure out town relocation at this later stage in the game (class level 66, which is about as high as I've gotten before getting distracted) and grind for a minibike. It looks like I've found the city to live in if the trader pulls through. I'm just not sure how complicated the move will be. It seems like you can generate pretty much every station easily once you've built an Advanced Workbench & Forge, but I don't know how the new encumbrance is going to act carrying things like a forge, a cement mixer, every kind of building material and the rest of my needed gear for 9km. I'm going to need a lot of Red Bull and beef jerky, and I might have to grind more locally for the minibike first. If anybody has any tips for that kind of move LMK.

Oh, I dropped a backpack about 7km from base. Is there anything I need to know about for how long it'll last in 4.3? I'd love to leave it a couple weeks but really don't want to lose it. It's like 70min realtime of running round trip tho.

Finding the one trader was nuts. That generated map is huge! The amount of rewarding game time possible in each generated map is crazy, especially with all the extra Ravenhearst POI. I was running with Athletics 80 and Road Runner for 48 game hours without backtracking and only a little overlapping, and saw the outside of a LOT of cool buildings. I found about a dozen towns, but only one city, per the description above with the asphalt vs concrete.

I have to figure out town relocation at this later stage in the game (class level 66, which is about as high as I've gotten before getting distracted) and grind for a minibike. It looks like I've found the city to live in if the trader pulls through. I'm just not sure how complicated the move will be. It seems like you can generate pretty much every station easily once you've built an Advanced Workbench & Forge, but I don't know how the new encumbrance is going to act carrying things like a forge, a cement mixer, every kind of building material and the rest of my needed gear for 9km. I'm going to need a lot of Red Bull and beef jerky, and I might have to grind more locally for the minibike first. If anybody has any tips for that kind of move LMK.

Oh, I dropped a backpack about 7km from base. Is there anything I need to know about for how long it'll last in 4.3? I'd love to leave it a couple weeks but really don't want to lose it. It's like 70min realtime of running round trip tho.

Encumbrance has been disabled, so don't worry about how much loot you can carry. Be more concerned that if you die with your backpack completely loaded up, you risk the chance of not being able to make it back to it before it disappears. In the past i've carried a bedroll and placed it in my toolbar. If things get harry i tend to drop it so if i do get wrecked i can spawn closer to my latest backpack. Doing this means your original base may have z's in it upon your return...

There was a post in this thread not too long ago that talked about adjusting the length of time your backpack remains. It definitely isn't long enough for you to make the trip. The post also gives instructions on what change to make to have it remain in the world for longer. You can follow that to help. In the future, craft or find a box, and dump all your loot in that. Mark it on the map, and you'll be good to go.

if the ability should give an improvement in the quality of things, but I continue to find gray things with full skill - this is not correct. It's not about survival or fast leveling...

Working as intended.

Quality Joe skill does exactly what it says - increases quality of found loot by the particular amount. So with level 4/5 you should be getting all the loot with +70 quality.

Now for the base quality, for your level 60 character base quality is 51 - 150. And you won't ever get items better than quality 350.

The reason devs removed scavenging skill is to get around it's broken (or intended?) mechanic. Authors of this mod want for loot quality and level (common, uncommon, rare, untrarare) to scale with player level instead.

Scavenging is broken when you can find a purple level items prior to day 7. Cant count how many complete augers I found on day 1 that were not grey. Scaling with player level is brilliant.

Encumbrance has been disabled, so don't worry about how much loot you can carry. Be more concerned that if you die with your backpack completely loaded up, you risk the chance of not being able to make it back to it before it disappears. In the past i've carried a bedroll and placed it in my toolbar. If things get harry i tend to drop it so if i do get wrecked i can spawn closer to my latest backpack. Doing this means your original base may have z's in it upon your return...

There was a post in this thread not too long ago that talked about adjusting the length of time your backpack remains. It definitely isn't long enough for you to make the trip. The post also gives instructions on what change to make to have it remain in the world for longer. You can follow that to help. In the future, craft or find a box, and dump all your loot in that. Mark it on the map, and you'll be good to go.

There is the halocopter "box" that is disabled for MP, but may, or may not, work in SP.