Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

I'm not sure if I have an issue or its just working as intended.

I'm having issues with the advanced workbench. Extreme interface lag...and I'm not exaggerating. All other benches and such do not experience this. Combining was a pain to do because of this interface lag. Secondly, I can't craft basic items with it. Items like wood spikes for example. I had to craft stone axes on a basic workbench to take them to the advanced workbench for combing.

Is this normal? I just don't remember it being like this, but there hasn't been an update in the past few weeks according to mod launcher. Any advice is welcome :).

Patrick

I'm having issues with the advanced workbench. Extreme interface lag...and I'm not exaggerating. All other benches and such do not experience this. Combining was a pain to do because of this interface lag. Secondly, I can't craft basic items with it. Items like wood spikes for example. I had to craft stone axes on a basic workbench to take them to the advanced workbench for combing.

Is this normal? I just don't remember it being like this, but there hasn't been an update in the past few weeks according to mod launcher. Any advice is welcome :).

Patrick

yes, sadly it is normal, the recipes bog down the menu. in a17 none of that kind of lag will exist and everyone will rejoice.

when combining, put your bench on an empty tab, or hit the star for favorites to clear the loaded recipe list.

adv workbench and deco station are the far worst, which is why we separated into multi stations to begin with.

that means it was far worse than it is now :)

you'll notice all work stations open on a now empty left category, that's to at least get you into the station quicker.

also helps if you clear your searches when you leave stations, so you come back in to an empty list.

yes, sadly it is normal, the recipes bog down the menu. in a17 none of that kind of lag will exist and everyone will rejoice.

I didn't know the menu lag was fixed. If so then that would be so friggin awesome.

According to the XML you need to use butcher's knife when harvesting stag and bear to get those items.

After playing for hundreds of hours SP and MP I always used butcher's knife (after finding one) and have yet to get dear head or bear skin.

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a shot, but it doesn't sound optimistic. It's frustrating wanting to make something and simply not being able to. I figure a deer trophy and a bear rug are on the bottom of Jax' to do list though. Can't blame him.

Not sure what your point? Crossbow with steel cross bolts explodes heads same well, but very slow to reload.

Also I was not talking about legolas skill. Even without it head explode with archery skill above 40 (nomad difficulty).

And I've been playing RH 3 for hundreds of hours both SP and MP, and watched number of streamers playing it. Think by now I know what I'm talking about.

the first sentence was referring to someone else sorry for lack for clarity.

Patrick

using the favorites work around still works as long as the list stays on the first page, also using find recipes when clicking on an item helps too. I log in and go to each station and click favorites before doing anything else.

using the favorites work around still works as long as the list stays on the first page, also using find recipes when clicking on an item helps too. I log in and go to each station and click favorites before doing anything else.

ooh, I'll have to try this! for my main crafting window I usually just typed number strings into it to get the lag to stop but typing numbers into the crafting stations only worked once and then I'd have to redo it each time I checked that station, so this might make things easier.

Thanks!

Hello, I have accidentally deleted the missions of the farming class, can it be recovered again? Thank you

To give yourself a quest run this command in the console "givequest <quest name>". For quest name it's quest_FarmerClass01 - quest_FarmerClass11 whichever one you were on.

Having trouble finding "Chisel". Got every other tool (scavanging or at trader) so I em wondering if it is special places for chisel to look into? Can't seem to find Working Stiffs or Crack a Book so much in my seed - like 1-2 of each in like 7-8 cities.

Collecting all that tools gives me a new class crate to craft?

Really enjoying this mod but lack of spare time stopping me from progressing at pace I would like. Only at day 32 (lvl42) but getting there. Really great work Jax. ;)

Having trouble finding "Chisel". Got every other tool (scavanging or at trader) so I em wondering if it is special places for chisel to look into? Can't seem to find Working Stiffs or Crack a Book so much in my seed - like 1-2 of each in like 7-8 cities.

Really enjoying this mod but lack of spare time stopping me from progressing at pace I would like. Only at day 32 (lvl42) but getting there. Really great work Jax. ;)

I bought it in the trader

I've only seen it there.

ooh, I'll have to try this! for my main crafting window I usually just typed number strings into it to get the lag to stop but typing numbers into the crafting stations only worked once and then I'd have to redo it each time I checked that station, so this might make things easier.

Thanks!

using favorites in the main craft window works well there too, still only use typed searches as a very VERY last resort.

Great, thanks. Will go on a run in a day or two once they reset loot.

take a couple stacks of dukes with you. I wound up buying after day 50 too ( 2 hour days), I almost didnt have enough when I ran across the trader with one, I bought so much other stuff along the way lol.

I know it'll take a while to reach this point but the radiation zone drops them too

Thank you all for suggestions. First morning after my mining for stone I took all my duke's (around 25k) and on trader run. And still can't believe it that first trader did have chisel!

Need to find few more towns because I only found one Crack a Book tower and few day cares for books. Need more.

Anyway, thank you all for tips and advices.

I've noticed that this mod makes zombie health doubled and experience received - halved. While that may be good for servers with a lot of people, but for a single player game it's just... ridiculous. Quite quickly mod becomes boring and grindy.

Can we have a SP version of the mod, please? With normal hp and exp values.

Thanks!

I've noticed that this mod makes zombie health doubled and experience received - halved. While that may be good for servers with a lot of people, but for a single player game it's just... ridiculous. Quite quickly mod becomes boring and grindy.

Can we have a SP version of the mod, please? With normal hp and exp values.

Thanks!

this possibly isn't the mod for you, it's designed to slow everything down :)

get some skills going and get out of the beginner phase, and the zombies aren't so bad.

- - - Updated - - -

OMFG. "Just one last gun safe before bed"

CONGRATS

Dealing with heat in the rad zone.

Hi Everyone

First I'd like to say a huge thank you to Jax and the team for all their hard work with this mod. I've enjoyed every bit of it and continue to do so!

Currently I'm on day 87 and have reached level 110. I've managed to loot all the parts of the hazmat suit and some trioxin so I thought I'd take a little dip into the radiation zone last night. After seeing one of Max Fox's Starvation episode, I reasoned it might be a little hot so I wore a vest (-10f, the only thing I could wear under the suit) and drank some chilled red tea (14% reduction in core body temp) and even tested this in the desert before going into the rad zone. It wasn't enough to stop me overheating. Nevertheless I thought I'd try the rad zone anyway. I rode in on my bike which very quickly broke (from the radiation?) and sure enough I started overheating. So quickly in fact that I had to run out of there even before the Trioxin ran out. I just made it but my question is, if this is working as intended (which I believe it is) then what else can I do to stop overheating in the radiation zone?

Thanks in advance

Paul

this possibly isn't the mod for you, it's designed to slow everything down :)

get some skills going and get out of the beginner phase, and the zombies aren't so bad.

Meh, I ended up making a script that just halves the hp and doubles the exp (though not higher than hp*3,5). :)

Currently I'm on day 87 and have reached level 110.

On our server it's day 213 and we are in the 90's... You are a leveling machine. :p

I didn't have issues with heat in the rad zone. I did choose an area next to a nordic forest zone (dark green), and also I only wore boots, pants and gloves (91% rad resistance on the equip screen). I was not taking any damage, even though the blood splotches were appearing (and the armor skill increased on it's own). Of course, touching the radiated containers gives the rad sickness anyway, even if you are in hazmat.