Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Giving RavenH a run through before A17. Looking great!

Few issues on day one. Loot is doubling on goreblocks, always. Beginner weapon quests requiring using woodclub and woodbow exclude using starter weapons like iron bow and siked club. Those are easy fixes in xml.

Hey Sinda, I have a game log with the crash showing - https://pastebin.com/EHYeysTA

I did notice that in my mod launcher copy of the game it still had some old logs from over a year ago. It clearly didn't get rid of everything when I did a clean install. Made sure I deleted everything in the 7D2D steam folder after I uninstalled. Then re-installed clean and made my game copy from there. But guess what? Still crashing.... sigh

I've tried absolutely everything I can think of so I'm hoping there is something in the log that you notice.

Thanks

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I've reviewed your log files, and haven't seen anything too alarming yet.

What kind of anti-virus software do you have? Any other kind of performance-tuning software installed?

Giving RavenH a run through before A17. Looking great!

Few issues on day one. Loot is doubling on goreblocks, always. Beginner weapon quests requiring using woodclub and woodbow exclude using starter weapons like iron bow and siked club. Those are easy fixes in xml.

I think its intentional since the iron bow/spike club are part of the class quest line after you used weapons like reinforced club. the iron bow is next after wooden bow in the archer quest line.

I think its intentional since the iron bow/spike club are part of the class quest line after you used weapons like reinforced club. the iron bow is next after wooden bow in the archer quest line.

yeah and the bow line is a little janked up in rhythm because the starting weapon used to be the xbow. got changed and didn't get the tweaks it should have.

JaxTeller718 In the quest, it is proposed to make Research Desk, but the description does not say that you need to pump skill Research to 10.

some things are left to player exploration, as you'd expect in a game like this. just like the workbench quest does not describe that you must reach x level of construction tools. people need to use their heads for things that are easily discernible. like you did :)

some things are left to player exploration, as you'd expect in a game like this. just like the workbench quest does not describe that you must reach x level of construction tools. people need to use their heads for things that are easily discernible. like you did :)

omfg people are supposed to think here? wtf! I been lucky so far!

some things are left to player exploration' date=' as you'd expect in a game like this. just like the workbench quest does not describe that you must reach x level of construction tools. people need to use their heads for things that are easily discernible. like you did :)[/quote']

The workbench has its own skill, which is visible and can be opened. The Research Desk does not have it. I had to go into progression.xml to figure out how to activate it. It is not right!

Another unpleasant change is due to the cooking of dishes. Why did you remove the microwave, and instead offered a appliance Table?

I have the eighteenth day and I can not cook anything except boiled meat. About a hundred cans I can not boil. I had to correct this stupidity myself. Now I can warm up the canned food on an advancedCampfire.

in changing the way food is heated, you've cheated your way past the "eating bugs" phase of the survival process. The game is meant to be an extended playing experience with a progression of increasing skills over time. If you want to curtail that experience you're missing the whole point of the mod. The game is attempting to model the survival process. It takes perseverance and attention to detail to survive. It is not broken. It is simply not the way you imagine it to be. But reality is the same way. It too, is often not the way you imagine it to be. Gonna cheat your way there, too?

The workbench has its own skill, which is visible and can be opened. The Research Desk does not have it. I had to go into progression.xml to figure out how to activate it. It is not right!

Another unpleasant change is due to the cooking of dishes. Why did you remove the microwave, and instead offered a appliance Table?

I have the eighteenth day and I can not cook anything except boiled meat. About a hundred cans I can not boil. I had to correct this stupidity myself. Now I can warm up the canned food on an advancedCampfire.

the research desk, shows your impatience and blindness from reading too many patch notes is unlocked via reading Knowledge points, 20 blue papers (EDIT: its actually 10 KP papers), right-click to read and there you go, the research desk recipe. Maybe next time ask first? Discord is open to everyone, even my selective brotherhood of trolls is there. (@sinder)

AS for heating food, the appliance table has a microwave and you can heat food in there just fine. Infact, the table is part of a quest line that is required you make one and place it. its pretty obvious you didnt bother with much of the quests, so keep trying.

Edited by Death2gnomes (see edit history)

Hello :) can anyone help me? Do I really need some hamburger/cheeseburger recipe that doesn't even use pickles to make pickles for Sinder's Pickles? I thought reading the Sinder's Stewing recipe would help that but still says I need some recipe. Halp! ahah

Hello :) can anyone help me? Do I really need some hamburger/cheeseburger recipe that doesn't even use pickles to make pickles for Sinder's Pickles? I thought reading the Sinder's Stewing recipe would help that but still says I need some recipe. Halp! ahah

There are a bunch of recipe books with several recipes.

OMG, who puts pickles on a cheeseburger! @cinder!

Jax, are there any restrictions on working on a "mod of this mod" for my server? I want to keep it clear:

- I would just make xml changes on top of ravenhearst

- credits would be given upon starting the game

- I wouldn't distribute it anywhere, only use in my own server

is it ok?

Molds not working in the Blacksmith Forge for me.

I was wondering if someone could help out and let me know what I could be doing wrong I have all the right materials but I can't even make a blank one In the blacksmiths forage. Version number 4.2

I believe you make a blank mold in your inventory with clay and water. Then you put it in the blacksmith forge.

Thank you I've tried that and I've also tried completing it with whatever I'm trying to make in the backpack but when I put it into the blacksmiths forage in the column they split and there's no craft button.

Thank you I've tried that and I've also tried completing it with whatever I'm trying to make in the backpack but when I put it into the blacksmiths forage in the column they split and there's no craft button.

Sorry for the inconvenience it was my stupidity instead of picking on the forge what I wanted I was clicking on the mold the forge works perfectly.

Well it's day 50 and another trader bites the dust. Great mod in most respects, but I have to disagree with the decision to not protect the traders. Sorry, but this is too frustrating for me (I could spawn them in, but don't feel I should have to do this).

Guess I'll take a break from 7DTD and play some Darkest Dungeon while I'm waiting for A17 to drop.