Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Tried that. Cars and chairs give iron, leather strips, weird car parts and other not so useful bits [yet]. Haven't seen a mechanical part from wrenching yet, and I have to be careful with my wrench. Hard to repair until I get advanced workbench, which requires lots of mechanical parts...

Lvl 26, found one 64ql wrench so far.

you most definitely get mech parts from carts, office chairs, air conditioners, they are my primary wrench targets early on.

Yeah I like alot of aspects of it, but here is one aspect I dispise: the zombies are way to damn tanky even on nomad diffculty, seriously, 30 headshots with a 300 quality wooden club and a utility worker type zombie still wasn't even knocked down once. Are all the headshot mults removed or something? It should not be taking 30+ headshots to kill zombies. I know about the right click power attack, But I doubt it does enough extra damage to even be worth the insane stamina it uses.

Fought this one zombie named a Bolivar, and it took almost 5 minutes of headshotting it to kill it. I also am unable to loot poi's as the zombies are so tanky, I can't kill them in the poi, and leading them out doesn't work as they just insta respawn back inside. Been trying to find a second twine for this adv survival intro quest for 2 days in game now.

Looked into the xml's and that explains the tanky zombies, even the basic male template has almost 500 health.

Lastly I am having a weird technical problem, when the game first loads it literally maxes out my SSD's bandwith or whatever, but its not 7daystodie.exe thats doing it, its the system thing in task manager. Might be a issue on my end though and not the mod itself, but any advice both on killin the zeds in this mod, and my SSD performance issues with it.

Any zombie with a helmet on has reduced blunt damage. Utility workers are the worst against blunt weapons. Decapitation from blades might help to compensate for low blunt skill levels. Bolivar is a boss-type so has higher HP than surrounding zombies.

Edited by Death2gnomes (see edit history)

Hi!

Can anyone send me seed wich have new Apocalyptic City with Makasin tower? Oh and cord to find it faster i just cant find any on my worlds thanks!

The Apocalyptic city is supposed to be rare and well hidden on the map. Restart the same seed over and you could find it in a different location.

So, I was on night one and hiding in a half destroyed house, First thing outside at night creeps me out, but its not as creepy as the thing that sounded like a little girl walking by outside asking if I knew where her mommy was. Gave me chills.

Anyone got a picture or preferably a video with that thing on screen saying that line? I wanna scare some people XD.

- - - Updated - - -

Any zombie with a helmet on has reduced blunt damage. Utility workers are the worst against blunt weapons. Decapitation from blades might help to compensate for low blunt skill levels. Bolivar is a boss-type so has higher HP than surrounding zombies.

That explains why that Utility worker zombie I tried to fight took like 30+ hits from a ql 300 wooden club and still wasn't knocked down once yet. I hope that the devs fix the hitboxes, because its pretty hard to hit a zombie in the head if it has its arms out in front, with melee anyway.

Question is there any way my girlfriend, while having the mod installed on the launcher join my game and have the mod installed or how can I make this happen? So it's just us two in this mod online? Basically asking how do I start a co-op game with my gf and I. When using vanilla she can just join my game through steam. But when using the launcher it doesn't work. What's the work around?

Edited by MrSamuelAdam (see edit history)

Question is there any way my girlfriend, while having the mod installed on the launcher join my game and have the mod installed or how can I make this happen? So it's just us two in this mod online? Basically asking how do I start a co-op game with my gf and I. When using vanilla she can just join my game through steam. But when using the launcher it doesn't work. What's the work around?

I play with a friend all the time doing just this. We both installed the mod. Launch the game. Make sure you have your game as a multiplayer map (recommend pw to prevent anyone else joining). Then, using Steam, she can either join (using the friends pop-up), or you can invite her to lobby. Either way she should be in without issue...

I liked the ability of the character to climb into one block, it helps a lot. But with the traders you screwed up, they disappeared. A significant drawback of the new generator in the absence of large settlements. On a huge map there is only one big city and two middle ones. The mod is designed for group passage with respawn loot, waiting for the SP version.

@ JaxTeller718

Good day JaxTeller718 .. Maybe it's a case of just a bad map .. But on Traders: Been playing since (4.3 came out on 14 day Horde - SP) and I'm having a major issue in Finding "A Trader" (found one outpost - overrun - no trader) been thru 5 cities some large with the large POI's in them and a couple of the smaller cities .. No traders

TO BE Honest .. I even went air borne .. still Could Not find any.

Also while in airborne motion I found several POI's that you could see in the distance, but as soon as you got close - they would disappear and could not be seen again .. but at a distance:

So far … A train on bridge … a mini warehouse yard type structure and a looked to be maybe an walled Army base.

Just I would let you know about those … But the trader issue, not sure what that is all about .. just 1 trader outpost in all my searching and it being over run (that part No biggie) .. I'm good on that after playing "Darkness Falls"

Have a good one and Enjoy … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

I liked the ability of the character to climb into one block, it helps a lot. But with the traders you screwed up, they disappeared. A significant drawback of the new generator in the absence of large settlements. On a huge map there is only one big city and two middle ones. The mod is designed for group passage with respawn loot, waiting for the SP version.

consider traders and cities working as intended. If you do any reading, look in the Extras Folder for alternate map generation. There is no SP version, you can play any version as SP. There is a Casual version. all versions are in the modlauncher

Edited by Death2gnomes (see edit history)

consider traders and cities working as intended. If you do any reading, look in the Extras Folder for alternate map generation. There is no SP version, you can play any version as SP. There is a Casual version. all versions are in the modlauncher

The default is a small generator. Today I will put the middle one and try it from the beginning. Jax said that they were working on a SP version.

Survival 4.3 Is a great fight for life.

There are problems -

1. minibike on any road moves more slowly than on biome (forest steppe destroyed burned)

2. too often in loot books with rare recipes of weapons, tools

3. when you turn off the respawn loot after a while again appear disassembled earlier cars that can be searched again and again to disassemble and so on - Maybe it's a vanilla problem.

4. if you play for a long time without exit to the menu - stops spawn animals and zombies - Maybe it's a vanilla problem too.

Edited by Slicker (see edit history)

Disassembled cars leave behind a a tuft of grey grass. That's an in game placeholder for the car to respawn. If you don't want cars to respawn, just destroy the grey grass they leave behind and they won't. The grey grass has a lot of health, so the quickest way is to drop a hay bale or wood frame on it. Squash. It's no more. and no more car respawn.

The default is a small generator. Today I will put the middle one and try it from the beginning. Jax said that they were working on a SP version.

you want casual if you want it easier.

- - - Updated - - -

2. too often in loot books with rare recipes of weapons, tools

4. if you play for a long time without exit to the menu - stops spawn animals and zombies - Maybe it's a vanilla problem too.

book loot has been very hard to fine tune, sometimes the slightest up or down in values has a much more drastic effect than you want it to.

with a17 on the horizon (for weeks) we lightened up on the loot a little bit to give people more of a chance to have satisfaction.

we never expected v4.3 to be out more than maybe.... 2 weeks before a17 dropped :)

if you're in one area too long, it dries up. explore more or leave and come back. animals and npcs all have settings per days for respawn.

just like loot it requires the player leaving the area.

all that said, we provided access to 3 different styles of rwg with 4.3, as well as 3 seperate difficulty downloads.

casual

normal (default)

hell on earth

all available on the launcher.

the 3 different rwg are just city population pretty much.

sparse

normal (default)

dense

so combining those with the vanilla game options on the selection screen (loot % should mention, not just respawn), offers a pretty solid path for finding the game difficulty you crave.

---

discord! lots of people. lots of help. lots of rambling. too many channels, guaranteed!

ff87e9e7d2.jpg

Edited by sinda (see edit history)

sinda You are wrong the default is RH Lesser Cities Mixer. Do not offer me casual, I'm a hardcore. I'm playing the standard 21 day version, with the reclaimed loot turned off and one life in warrior.

How can I turn on the sound of the steps of the awakened zombie? The disorderly spawn of a zombie behind his back strains.

Fashion is certainly good, but a lot of kinks, i have to correct some details. For example, for slicing bread or cheese, you do not need to know the recipe. Tea can be cooked on a conventional fire in a can...