Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

So, is it intended that there is no "pre-buff" like "dirty" or something else that tells you -> it could be getting worse when still go on?

I was rage quiting yesterday because i got a minor infection 5 minutes after the buff "nice and clean" disapperead and thats all what was listed.

your game must be borked because there are clearly listed negative buffs... dirty...then grimy...then minor infectio

Well seems the "Farming Skills 14/14" is also broken, though I can't seem to figure out why. I have made the composter and filled it multiple times. It changes to the "Composter_Filling" block but the quest just won't update.

I have gone through the code, and unless I just don't see it, the code looks correct, almost identical to the "Basic Survival 7" quest in vanilla. It just won't read the update.

your game must be borked because there are clearly listed negative buffs... dirty...then grimy...then minor infectio

Nothing wrong with his game.

Infection is a hidden stat. Various things make it go up. Getting hit by zombies is an obvious one but it also goes up over time. It goes up FASTER the more dirty you are, but even when nice and clean it seems to go up slowly.

As far as I can tell there are only two things that make the infection stat go down. The first is the recovering buff, which is tuned to remove minor infection over the duration of one minor buff (vitamin pills or honey) so long as you remain pretty clean. The other is resting in bed, the better the bed the faster it goes down.

When this hidden stat "infection" passes certain thresholds you get debuffed with first minor infection, then infection and finally major infection.

So you can be out and about and accrue nearly enough infection for a minor infection debuff then wash, getting "nice and clean" and dramatically slowing the rate at which you get it... but the total is still there, waiting... and later you are in your base but havent been to bed and removed the total when "nice and clean" falls off. You get a few more points of infection in the next minute or 2 and suddenly you have enough infection stat to trigger the minor infection debuff.

To fix this you have to keep using your bed, just stand on it any time you can. Also, minor infections are pretty easy to fix, like I said. Stay clean and just carry some vitamins. Take one when you get infected and forget about it. The additional hunger actually makes stacking wellness easier because you can cram in farmed food every minute while infected, and almost all farmed food heals.

A far bigger problem is that I am nearly at the stage of unlocking steel tools... but dont have a hacksaw. It is depressing to be using stone tools when my talents are about to let me unlock steel ones... but I cant make them... fkn 250 stone pickaxe... I hates you! Mining is like 76 and all i can use are stone tools!

I think that it would be far better if you were rewarded a hacksaw for completing the blacksmith training quest, when you make your first axe head.

well... I just tried to make steel. The recipe uses carbon. You cant get carbon from charcoal or from coal, only from "scrap carbon" which only drops from normal stone (rarely).

I have spent at LEAST 12 hours mining in my current game (with my trusty 250 stone pick - gimme fkn hacksaw already) and havent found one piece of scrap carbon. I have found lots of coal, limestone, no lead.

It appears nitrate, lead and carbon wont drop from normal stone without iron or better tools. I cant quite see why from the xml's but a sample space of thousands of blocks over hours is convincing.

I really want to give your mod the benefit of the doubt but Im 52h in and using tier one harvesting tools because literally EVERYTHING is gated behind a 1/571 drop from working stiff crates. I have found two crowbars... I have opened SO MANY crates.

So you beat me to posting this, spent the last few hours trying to figure it out, and I did.

The issue is:

"Craft Human Turd - 0/5"

"Craft Rotten Harvest - 0/5"

"Craft Plant Fiber - 0/20"

The problem being only plant fiber is craftable, and that is by scrapping items where plant fiber is the first item in recipes. The other 2 items are only gatherable... and thus the solution.

In the quests.xml file you need to make a quick change and the quest is fixed...

changed to

The same change of "Craft" to "FetchKeep" needs to be made to "rottingHarvest" line and I also changed "yuccaFibers" line to keep with symmetry.

Thanks for that, i'm on a server so i can't fix it, any official word on how this is supposed to work?

Farmer is actually a pretty strong start, doesn't sound as sexy as some of the others but you get 2 nice weapons and the ability to plant food.

There is so much food in world and from animals to you dont need that class at all.

well... I just tried to make steel. The recipe uses carbon. You cant get carbon from charcoal or from coal, only from "scrap carbon" which only drops from normal stone (rarely).

I have spent at LEAST 12 hours mining in my current game (with my trusty 250 stone pick - gimme fkn hacksaw already) and havent found one piece of scrap carbon. I have found lots of coal, limestone, no lead.

It appears nitrate, lead and carbon wont drop from normal stone without iron or better tools. I cant quite see why from the xml's but a sample space of thousands of blocks over hours is convincing.

I really want to give your mod the benefit of the doubt but Im 52h in and using tier one harvesting tools because literally EVERYTHING is gated behind a 1/571 drop from working stiff crates. I have found two crowbars... I have opened SO MANY crates.

we had our admin spawn one hacksaw in after 40 real life hours of noone on the server finding one. You will never find one :D

And about infection. The "invisible" debuff prior to infection sucks like hell. Getting minor infections all the time for no reason depletes the stock of medicine and as the beehive is not working (after 14 ingame days and it did not get to the stage where you can loot it affter using bees on it) the best option you have is to simply die when you have an infection

And about infection. The "invisible" debuff prior to infection sucks like hell. Getting minor infections all the time for no reason depletes the stock of medicine and as the beehive is not working (after 14 ingame days and it did not get to the stage where you can loot it affter using bees on it) the best option you have is to simply die when you have an infection

Just bath every other day and you will never get it. At least it works for me last 20+ days.

So, after I got to level 50, after roughly 54 irl hours, I "magically acquired" a hacksaw (I have found 3 crowbars and if I could buy a hacksaw for 100 snake antivenom I would have got one 10 levels ago).

I then made an iron pick (250 quality) and have maxed out miner 69'er. An hour of mining stone at level -50 netted me 2 scrap carbon. "Fixing" the materials xml so that the forge category for mcarbon_scrap is now carbon and not iron lets me melt it into the forge... for 1/10th of a steel bar.

From the materials xml you will need to break around 400 stone blocks with a steel pick and maxed miner 69'er to get one steel bar. To make a single master pick (one gunsafe) needs 2000 stone blocks, which is a room 30x30x2, and to make a set of steel armor you will need to bore a hole 30x30 from the surface at 0 to bedrock... roughly 50,000 blocks of stone.

I am not mining 50k blocks to make a set of armor.

Clearly nobody, ever, anywhere bothered to test this. Hang on to your 3.1 installs because 4.0 is not ready.

//edit "I derped the mafs"

Edited by Poetry (see edit history)

I believe that the infection is not fully thought out. The permanent inscription is confusing. If you take the medicine there is no idea whether the process of recovery has begun or not. The infection as was and is. There is no information about slowing it down or healing it. For example on my 7th day the infection had not gone at all, no matter what I did - took a bath, took medicines, rested in bed. NOTHING helps. It's annoying. And tell me where I can fix the loot time in the different blocks? closed Cabinet loot time2sec, box 5 sec and shelves 8 seconds this is not correct. What file is this?

The Weight of the World Is On ME

Encumbrance makes its debut in 7 Days to Die. Carry what you like, but mind the weight. Larger heavier items can weigh you down if you carry too many like engines. Guns and weapons are mid level. Special care has been taken to ensure building wont be TOO impacted by this, but it wouldn't be a world of living anguish if there was not SOME penalty for carrying 5000 cement around now would it. The Minibike is now your best friend.

I wanted to take this out and just modify buffs.xml

HeavyEncumbered

MaxEncumbered

Unencumbered

<modify id = "0" stat = "speedmodifier" setValue = "0" />

Not to be slow

Is this what I have to change?

Yes or no?

My opinion did not like.

Good day to everyone.

I love the elevators but I see a couple of problems:

The most advanced, when you build it, notify the server through the chat that you have put it. Can you avoid that message or be private?

Because the first elevators can be used by several players at the same time, but the last and most advanced, can only be used by the one who has built it, if you are with it, it crosses you and does not raise you.

Would there be a way to put a password on the elevators?

And as for the difficulty ... I LOVE HIMSELF and that I'm still with the stone axe, hahahaha

******************* SPANISH **********************

Buen dia a todos.

Me encanta lo de los ascensores pero le veo un par de problemas:

El mas avanzado, cuando lo construyes, avisa mediante el chat a todo el servidor de que lo has puesto. Se puede evitar ese mensaje o que sea privado?

Por que los primeros elevadores los podemos usar varios jugadores a la vez, pero el ultimo y mas avanzado, solo puede usarlo el que lo ha construido, si estas con el, te atraviesa y no te sube.

Habria forma de poderle poner contraseٌa a los elevadores?

Y en cuanto a la dificultad.... ME ENCANTAAAAA y eso que aun estoy con el hacha de piedra, hahahaha