Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Thanks for the answers. So, just to clarify: a wrench is no option here, it must be the crowbar?

You can get engines and batteries from wrenching cars. The chance is lower than if you use a crowbar and you don't get car parts (the item named car parts) with a wrench.

open invitation for everyone to please join our discord, much friendly help and such!

b7292aa990.jpg

Can heartily recommend this channel to anyone who is curious about this mod. People are really amazing there, both with being friendly, answering questions about the mod or just goofing around. :)

Can someone clarify what the Disabled temperatures files do? I know it says Disabled temp but then in the readme it says disabled weather. These are 2 very different things.

I really like the weather with the winds and the storms and stuff but would love to get rid of having to swap puffer coat and stuff constantly.

Thanks.

Can someone clarify what the Disabled temperatures files do? I know it says Disabled temp but then in the readme it says disabled weather. These are 2 very different things.

I really like the weather with the winds and the storms and stuff but would love to get rid of having to swap puffer coat and stuff constantly.

Thanks.

it's just the temperatures. but the game calls it weather.

if you toggled it manually in the console, it would be <weathersurvival on/off> for instance

vegetable juices

Hi, I got this quest to make some "refreshing drinks". No problem with the Blender to make yucca juice, but what do I need to make the tomato, carrot, vegetable (and cucumber I think) juices? I cannot see it in the advanced cooking or alike. Is it a perk or a recipe one has to find?

Great MOD btw. :strawberry:

Hi, I got this quest to make some "refreshing drinks". No problem with the Blender to make yucca juice, but what do I need to make the tomato, carrot, vegetable (and cucumber I think) juices? I cannot see it in the advanced cooking or alike.

You need tomato, snowberry, carrot, yucca, and vegetable juices. Carrot and tomato juices are under advanced cooking level 4.

Think the problem you are seeing, vegetable juice called "vegetable drink". You do not need to unlock it.

A few questions about radiation:

- Radiation (the debuff, not the radiated ground damage) seems permanent until death or when you take Trioxin, even if you are wearing full hazmat. By design?

- How does one increase the Radiation skill/perk and would it help against the sickness? I couldn't see that it does anything in the progression.xml file.

- Other than looting, to make Trioxin you need to be level 120 (for Science 10), isn't that a bit high?

My only real issue with this mod is that stealth is no longer viable for looting buildings, since it's been nerfed into the ground so much. Everything is always facing the doors (even if you go in via an alternate entrance, which is stupid imo), so even if you try to crouch they'll still see you almost instantly because of the ridiculous aggro range. you'd think with their push for everything to be active at night, that daytime stealth wouldn't be such a chore. lul nope

really lame that going guns-blazing is the only option. At least give us a stealth skill that we can pump points into or something, sheesh. :(

agreed. Not having stealth really hurts, especially in skyscrapers. Not to mention zombies seem to sense me from 3 rooms away and have a knack for destroying loot containers

My only real issue with this mod is that stealth is no longer viable for looting buildings, since it's been nerfed into the ground so much. Everything is always facing the doors (even if you go in via an alternate entrance, which is stupid imo), so even if you try to crouch they'll still see you almost instantly because of the ridiculous aggro range. you'd think with their push for everything to be active at night, that daytime stealth wouldn't be such a chore. lul nope

really lame that going guns-blazing is the only option. At least give us a stealth skill that we can pump points into or something, sheesh. :(

the only things we've done with zombies is increased their view distance so you don't stand 3 blocks next to a wandering horde waving your arms trying to get them to see you so you can take them on. we've done nothing to sleepers and stealth itself. the sleepers that appear in buildings are how they were set up from whoever made the poi's.. and in most cases have 10x the potential spawns than what actually does spawn.

does this make looting a little more dangerous? sure, welcome to ravenhearst where the zombies actually see you.

crouch before you trigger the sleeper volumes, sometimes it helps.

if you're in sunlight it doesn't do much good... what are you hiding in if you're in full view?

in a16 vanilla or modded (even in ravenhearst) night time is still a huge detriment to zombie sight. very easy currently to side step zombies in the dark and lose them as long as you're not shining a light on their faces. i doubt it will stay this way in a17 once they get all the senses working again.

just because it's interesting, these are taken from one of madmole's preview videos, this is what sleeper volumes look like in placement, you don't get all of them, it's random. lay them on thicker if there's an area you want to make sure has a few opportunities for zombies to be in.

so yes they have all kinds of positions, and they aren't aimed specifically at one entrance or another. a good sleeper volume will ensure that someone one sneaking in through a back window or side entrance isn't a cake walk.

608ebab253.jpg

db2caa9163.jpg

You'll also find that most vanilla prefabs (a16, anyway) have only ONE sleeper volume, covering the entire border. I find this crappy. Placing a volume at the bottom of stairs ensuring sleepers at the top of the stairs spawn is the way to go IMO.

Hopefully, in a17 the prefabbers take better advantage of the potential for their system.

You'll also find that most vanilla prefabs (a16, anyway) have only ONE sleeper volume, covering the entire border. I find this crappy. Placing a volume at the bottom of stairs ensuring sleepers at the top of the stairs spawn is the way to go IMO.

Hopefully, in a17 the prefabbers take better advantage of the potential for their system.

i always guess that the "one big volume" thing is also what causes sleeper ganking for some people? cause they can reload any freaking where after you kill one?

A few questions about radiation:

- Radiation (the debuff, not the radiated ground damage) seems permanent until death or when you take Trioxin, even if you are wearing full hazmat. By design?

- How does one increase the Radiation skill/perk and would it help against the sickness? I couldn't see that it does anything in the progression.xml file.

- Other than looting, to make Trioxin you need to be level 120 (for Science 10), isn't that a bit high?

Also, why aren't there radiated zones inside wastelands, and just around the border of the map?

i always guess that the "one big volume" thing is also what causes sleeper ganking for some people? cause they can reload any freaking where after you kill one?

Yeh, like if you miss one say on a roof, the volume says "not cleared".

...it's actually an easy way to farm zombies, too.

Also, why aren't there radiated zones inside wastelands, and just around the border of the map?

guessing because he didn't want them mixed in other biomes?

and yes you need the pills AND the hazmat suit. by design.

first pass on radiation in general, it's supposed to be end game-ish, see how it goes as far as level.

Edited by sinda (see edit history)

Please make TWINE graffiti.

Very difficult to find on the map.:lock1:

Get stuck in the RACK

Without RACK I do not have leather to make the forge:lock1:

Sorry my english i'm

PT-BR

Many thanks I love your Mod Ravenhearst.:stupid:

twine is almost everywhere- trash, cabinets, loot houses!

Please make TWINE graffiti.

Very difficult to find on the map.:lock1:

Get stuck in the RACK

Without RACK I do not have leather to make the forge:lock1:

Sorry my english i'm

PT-BR

Many thanks I love your Mod Ravenhearst.:stupid:

Jax has made it easy to get twine.

Just do Jax's quest, "working for the man".

easy peasy. :)

Don't take too long now!

Guppy, I thought if you do 1 big volume for the whole prefab and place enough sleeper blocks to cover the max spawn number, once they've been triggered and you stay inside the volume border they stay where they are, no stealth spawning behind your back. So I'd actually think this is preferable?

If this has already been mentioned, I didn't see it: the minibike will fall through the 2x2 lift, at least in MP. Hence, it is unusable in MP with a minibike.

It works fine with the platform elevator, but the latter has strange positioning (2x2 to position, but it's 2.5x2 and is off center to one side).

EDIT: Also for the platform elevator, logging out and then back in MP, it will show on the ground position, even if it is actually not. Activating it will make it snap to top and come down.