Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Im at gamestage 1200 right now in my current game and im thinking about the difficulty of the blood moon. I thought it would get a lot harder at 1000 but thats not really the case. Can someone tell me just how difficult the blood moons can be? I know the gamestage can still rise higher, but right now im thinking it may be too easy because the lack of radiated zombies.

Up till now the mod was just right, early game was difficult. Difficult crafting and lots of zombies when you roam around, its just the blood moon which feels too easy.

Something I noticed in playing v.3.0 last night, the Steel Chainsaw schematic recipe, it requires 4 copies of Part 1 of the Steel Chainsaw books, but the other 3 parts of the Books arent used for anything except scrapping for Knowledge Points.

I passed this along to the devs. They're aware and hopefully this'll get adjusted in the coming patch!

Im at gamestage 1200 right now in my current game and im thinking about the difficulty of the blood moon. I thought it would get a lot harder at 1000 but thats not really the case. Can someone tell me just how difficult the blood moons can be?

I was playing v2.2 and got plenty of radiated cops and spider zombies during blood moon. I hadn't seen radiated wights yet, but plenty of non-radiated wights and a couple of oversize boss type zombies. I believe I was around 1200 gamestage as well.

Hey couple of questions if anyone knows:

1.- There is a fishing rod recipe, was wondering if fishing got enabled again?

2.- How long are crops taking to be ready? im not sure but it looks like an entire week? isnt it a bit too long?

3.- Are there any mini bosses popping at night? i mean like the nightmares and stuff? i havent seen 1 at night and im at day 36, was wondering if its related to gamestage or are they purposly disabled.

4.- The old skyscrappers, are they only located on radiation zones now? you could usually find 1 or 2 on every town befoer i havent seen a crack a book for example yet.

Thanks

Hey couple of questions if anyone knows:

1.- There is a fishing rod recipe, was wondering if fishing got enabled again?

2.- How long are crops taking to be ready? im not sure but it looks like an entire week? isnt it a bit too long?

3.- Are there any mini bosses popping at night? i mean like the nightmares and stuff? i havent seen 1 at night and im at day 36, was wondering if its related to gamestage or are they purposly disabled.

4.- The old skyscrappers, are they only located on radiation zones now? you could usually find 1 or 2 on every town befoer i havent seen a crack a book for example yet.

Thanks

1) No idea, haven't gotten that far yet. Can't craft fishing rod (bug developers know about).

2) Looks like it was slowed down to x0.3 the vanilla for crops and x0.15 for trees (63 GrowthRate vs 210/420 RH 3.0)

3) All I've seen so far were night crawlers (very slow, with lots of HP). Dunno if it's them making all the noises. Haven't seen but heard bandits firing in wasteland at night.

4) I've seen all 3 of them in a city. But over my 3 playthroughs only 1 big city had them. And another had only crack-a-book.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24291[/ATTACH]

You CAN NOT USE " EAC " with most MODS that use Bigger Back Packs and this is ONE .... NO TO EAC .. " UNCHECK " if you are using the 7D2D Launcher.

Also after A17 comes out ... 98% of all mods will NOT be EAC friendly and it will have to be unchecked.

ALSO: Wait for UPDATE 3.1

Prepare for what?

A Wipe. It is unavoidable. Single Player games may NOT experience these issues but that is a complete unknown at this point. Our DLLS have been changed, our rwgmixer is completely redone, corrupt or out of date POIs have been removed. If you decide to update you WILL need a fresh install. It is best to treat this release as the ACTUAL launch. You will need to remove ALL of your Ravenhearst 3.0 data when you install 3.1.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Congrats on such a successful mod.

I really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't.

Constructive Criticism, as obviously, I'm the one that can't suspend enough belief for game play to enjoy it.

Single player, warrior difficulty.

1) 300 level spiked club, blunt weapon class chosen, takes 4 hits to kill a zombie in the beginning. Even after getting two pummel pete's it still took a min of 3 hits.

2) Cheese-it's give you more fullness (+6) and better stam (I believe) than boiled meat (+4). Protein is ALWAYS more filling than carbs. just the way it is.

3) Shooting a cow with a sniper rifle(low level) took around 15-20 shots. seriously? Then only 3 or so meat from it, which as mentioned in two is pretty much a waste of resources.

4) cooking, holy sweet cheesus really? I Have a crap load of ramen noodles but heaven for fend my character is too colossally stupid to boil the hot water in the fire pit I have a POT HANGING OVER and put the noodles in, he'd rather wait until he has a microwave. oi vey. it's a survival game for goodness sake, he'd eat them raw but screw it I'm not cooking them unless I have a microwave or a stove?!

5) cooking continued, I can't cut white meat into slices unless I have a butcher knife?? It's the end of the world, I'm all alone, I'm hungry, I've got white meat and eggs, but shoot, I don't have a butcher knife, this damn katana is too unwieldy, this knife well... nah I'd rather use a butcher knife, oh, I have the bone shiv I got the meat originally with but it's dirty. I could make a new one! On second thought I'm just not that hungry I'll wait for the butcher knife. sigh.

6) mortar and pestle for making seeds??? the idea of having to unlock levels of seeds is beyond frustrating to begin with, and you don't use a mortar and pestle for making seeds it's for destroying seeds. Unless you're the preppiest city slicker going, most people have a pretty good idea of how to make a seed from a plant.

Many other issues that I just find too frustrating to enjoy the game.

I love the quests, those are great, the different vehicles and zombies are awesome. Lots about the mod that is incredible, it's just the skill gating, the level gating, and sheer frustration of not being able to eat food simply because you haven't unlocked the skill or found an item to make it with.

Adding tedium to a game simply to make it "last" longer doesn't add enjoyment to it. In my humble opinion.

But then perhaps it's just me, you have a good following and people are playing it, so hey have fun. I just wanted to love it but I couldn't get past the tedious nature of the skill system.

I apologize if tone or comments offend. It's one man's opinion and I tried to add levity to my frustration. And really, it's kinda sad that I got that frustrated playing the mod. So take these comments at your own discretion.

I hope people continue to love and play your mod, it's just not for me.

Edited by leaderdog (see edit history)

Constructive Criticism, as obviously, I'm the one that can't suspend enough belief for game play to enjoy it.

Thanks for your comments.

Please look at this mod from a different perspective. It meant to make things difficult without any concern for realism, but not stupidly grindy (hello spam crafting). This mod is not an extension of vanilla game play. And is heavily balanced around late game.

With that said, on higher levels all exclusive weapons start dealing enough damage to kill most common zombies in one hit. Unfortunately game mechanics does not allow for zombie scaling the same way weapons scale with quality and skill.

Few points:

- Any class can make microwave oven day one (just need resources to do it)

- Low quality weapons & tools do significantly less damage than high quality ones.

- 1/100 skills eventually add up to substantial increase in DPS

- Head shots always do much more damage even to animals. However some hit boxes might be off and not all head shots register as such.

- On average zombies have 300% more HP. Lowering difficultly can help. Vanilla warrior =/= RH3.0 warrior difficulty

- Everything is rebalanced to reward for difficulty and skill. Recipes with more steps and ingredients give more benefits.

To sum it up:

Focus on the journey, not the destination. Savor every skill point, every great scavenging find. Don't expect impenetrable fortress for day-7 horde.

Thanks for your comments.

Please look at this mod from a different perspective. It meant to make things difficult without any concern for realism, but not stupidly grindy (hello spam crafting). This mod is not an extension of vanilla game play. And is heavily balanced around late game.

To sum it up:

Focus on the journey, not the destination. Savor every skill point, every great scavenging find. Don't expect impenetrable fortress for day-7 horde.

That's fair. My brain just has trouble working that way, probably the same way I can't enjoy some movies when you need to leave your brain at the door to watch it. I see it as a survival game/situation, and gating just hinders survival.

When the fun pimps added the skills I was fully against it, it was refreshing having a game that didn't require nonsensical skill leveling for things that work the way they should, a shovel is a shovel regardless of the store or house you steal it from.

For me the skills would be gone, quality levels mostly gone, recipes could remain within reason, and stats like

strength, for damage

accuracy for shooting

endurance for the obvious,

would be all that was needed. Since any gun, such as a sniper rifle, will yield the exact same damage with either a noob or an expert using it, the only difference is the strength to hold it steady, and the accuracy to fire the weapon. The gun never changes... except with lots of use, obviously it would require cleaning. Well kept weapons even used frequently last for decades and beyond.

And the sheer number of zombies would be the dilemma with other quests of course.

But I'm not a modder so I'm at the mercy of those smart and creative enough to build them.

Regardless, I don't want to derail the thread/mod, it is what it is, and it's a great game for the people who love to play it this way.

Have fun :)

Edited by leaderdog (see edit history)

Please stop, just please stop....im getting long and hairy balls of all your bitching

Let me tell you one thing you seems to have forgotten... ITS A GAME !!!!

Its not rl, for crying out loud, and if we ever get a place in time where zombies walk the steets, then im glad JaxTeller718 didn't write the script for it since that would be to hard ;-)

Please understand that everything made in this mod is made to make it harder, so if you cant cook noodles but can do other stuff, its because you have to starve for the beginning and really look for food, and the reason you cant make arrowsheads of iron is because its to be hard and not like main game where we all have max lvl tools and gun around day 7 to 8 and get bored at day 12 when we build our minibike.

And yes, there is stuff in this mod i find stupid or annoying to, but then change it or go find another mod if it annoys to much. please dont keep coming back to this forum and think just because you you type 'Constructive Criticism' to start with it ppl want to hear about it.

So for the love of god, stop...stop...my balls are getting to a length where i get blue toenails if i drop my underwear from reading 'Constructive Criticism' that is comparing the MOD to RL stuff.

Thx for letting me blow out some steam ;-)

That's fair. My brain just has trouble working that way, probably the same way I can't enjoy some movies when you need to leave your brain at the door to watch it. I see it as a survival game/situation, and gating just hinders survival.

When the fun pimps added the skills I was fully against it, it was refreshing having a game that didn't require nonsensical skill leveling for things that work the way they should, a shovel is a shovel regardless of the store or house you steal it from.

For me the skills would be gone, quality levels mostly gone, recipes could remain within reason, and stats like

strength, for damage

accuracy for shooting

endurance for the obvious,

would be all that was needed. Since any gun, such as a sniper rifle, will yield the exact same damage with either a noob or an expert using it, the only difference is the strength to hold it steady, and the accuracy to fire the weapon. The gun never changes... except with lots of use, obviously it would require cleaning. Well kept weapons even used frequently last for decades and beyond.

And the sheer number of zombies would be the dilemma with other quests of course.

But I'm not a modder so I'm at the mercy of those smart and creative enough to build them.

Regardless, I don't want to derail the thread/mod, it is what it is, and it's a great game for the people who love to play it this way.

Have fun :)

with the changes you propose u will have nothing to do by day 14 (especially for veteran players), those changes from the pimps and ravenshead mod meant to extend the playable time. Maybe in the future someone can think in a better way to do it but for now its the best we got.

Axebeard,

I didn't post to start a flame war. I, just as you said, couldn't wrap my head around the non logical steps. But if others are cool with that, then hey who am I to judge. I thought maybe this was just oversight on the mod creators part.... or at least hoping.

Hydr0, I have over 1600 hours in the game. I was bored of Ravenhearst after a few days of play because it made no sense. My suggestion can't be done until the fun pimps can optimize the zombies. There used to be waay waaaay more zombies before the mocap zombies came in, but now it eats memory like a fat kid on his birthday, and it's not doable. HOpefully one day. ;)

and as Lictor70 said, go play a different mod, and he's right. That's what I'll be doing.

Those who love it, play it. Those that don't let's just move onto something else, leave this thread. It's for those who have questions, suggestions and not for arguments.

take care all. :)

Believe me, I'm still grinding my teeth every time I can't do something in this mod by day 30 I was able to by day 7 in vanilla. But then reminding myself why I'm playing this mod and not vanilla. That's why you almost have to think about Ravenhearst as a completely different game in the same setting.

That's the thing, like I said in my first post: I love 95% of the mod. But there are a handful of things that make no sense. Fortunately, it seems like they're all easy XML fixes. If Valmod doesn't do it for me, I might come back to Ravenhearst and fix what I don't like and release it as an addon.

Please stop, just please stop....im getting long and hairy balls of all your bitching

Lets all be calm about constructive here. Yes, it's a game. But people can get really passionate about game they love, some time for years.

Game balance is incredibly difficult thing to do, especially in the game like this! Vanilla is not balanced by any means. Ravenhearst is closer, but is limited by what game lets modders do. Which means there isn't a middle ground. And definitely no way to satisfy full range of players.

GOD PEOPLE ... GIVE IT A REST

IT'S A GAME .... AND .... You act like you paid for it .. HINT _ It is a Free Mod and is Made by group of people INCLUDING JaxTeller718 _ who love doing what they do For the community.

At the moment it is Broken and they are HARD at it and spending their Time to fix it ... 3.1 will be out soon and IT WILL BE FOR THE MEDIUM to HARDCORE .. Player Who enjoys getting their Ass delivered to them now and then.

SO just give it a rest .... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)