Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

I am amazed by the amount of complaints and outright disrespect by some in this thread.

The reason you see so many complains is because mod attracted more players. And not everyone is a hard-core 1000s of hours 7D2D player. They find it too difficult and do not want to adapt or change their play style. Or just don't know how to with their limited game experience.

Making a game that can be played in many different ways, like 7D2D, is a very hard work. Especially balancing all aspects. Not to say vanilla is well balanced.

I just wish that there would be a way to make more people happy with the mod without affecting it's core audience too much. Lowering difficulty setting might not be enough because it only changes damage by 50%, which can't offset 300% HP increase.

PS: I'm not complaining, I want to see an awesome mod succeed and be played by many many people.

I honestly have no idea yet other than it would appear to need to be used with the black and white cow. Brown and white chased a buddy all over the map for about 15 minutes until he turned it into steak lol...

Confirmed. It's the black & white cows that you can use the milk bucket on. Not the brown & white ones.

Me & my partner played this for about 2 hours before the sever corrupted the save.... what we saw upto that point was.... Campfire needed coal ? Coal happens after wood is burnt so bit confused as to why its not stone & wood or just stone like before... Found a level 56 AK & couldnt kill anything without using a FULL clip lol..... I mean I found a Pig 2 clips, wolf 1 clip which confused me... Zombies they just saoked up every shot even using the iron sight... Ferals, that was a joke as I had to spawn up 1000 rounds just to see what I was doing wrong.. I never got to see a horde but can imagine it wouldnt be fun at all, There needs to be a balance & at the moment 3.0 is NOT balanced at all if anything its totally unbalanced & needs looking at...

Great MOD & want to play 3.0 so much so ive put 2.2 back on the server as we both enjoy playing it.... Hope you get all those pesky bugs sorted & balance things a bit better as a new player with 0 skills & even a player with 25 in pistols & Rifles your still not able to kill 90% of anything without using 2 or 3 cips of a rifle & multiple clips of the 9mm, Once again thanks for a fab mod...

All I can say is stick with it. I felt the same way until I got my bow skill up a bit, it makes a huge difference. They balanced the mod around being a higher lvl. If the zombies are too easy at lvl 1 they will be a joke when you are lvl 30. There's no way to scale zombie strength as you level up it needs to be hard at the start so you have some sense of progression. just need to suck it up until you power up.

Pigs are still messed up though, too hard. I think I saw Jax write he was looking into that.

Just a Thought if you are having it to Hard .. YOU Have a Hardness setting in the 7D2D Launch Window ... USE IT

I'm Really Enjoying the Mod ... Yes there are couple balancing issues still _ but nothing major .. This Mod is not for the Faint at heart players.

I'm kind of in the middle ground, I feel that the very early game is a little too rough, Especially with how durable animals are, But I like the idea that I can't just hack my way through everything. I also think I'd have less of a problem with how tough zeds were now if they didn't also seem far more plentiful than before. I cant even go looting sometimes because in the time it takes me to kill a zed (even quietly) I've usually encountered 3-4 more of them, repeatedly, until I'm overwhelmed by 2 dozen or so and have to flee. Like, I like that the zombies are hard to kill but when a basic house POI at level 5 has ~10 of these zombies in it, How am I supposed to advance myself to the point where i am more capable? It just feels like smashing my head against a wall sometimes.

That said, I'm still mostly enjoying myself, and am that much more excited to make progress because of it.

I actually kind of like it, so many zombies. I don't even need a horde night anymore. Every POI is a horde night in of itself!

- - - Updated - - -

From what some other people have said, changing the difficulty setting does almost nothing.

Lowering the difficulty helps for sure. It's not going to be super EZ mode but it goes from 20 head-shots to kill to 5 or 6. Pigs are still insanely strong though.

From what some other people have said, changing the difficulty setting does almost nothing.

It's does change difficulty .. But not to a Big degree ... Try wimp vers survivalist or insane.

Anyway .. I play all of my game at Survivalist setting .. But I also have over 2600 hrs in the 7D2D modded and Vanilla Games.

Have Fun and Enjoy ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

thank you everyone for your kind words, patience, and yes, criticisms!

jax, sphere, and our server player base have been hard at work figuring out the few things that are either wrong, or aren't playing nicely with each other.

this mod was never made to be released as a mod... and was indeed made for veteran players, and perhaps those that like to take a beating.

it's not for everyone, and we're still beyond floored at how much you all enjoy it.

I am amazed by the amount of complaints and outright disrespect by some in this thread. To keep things polite, if you don't like the way the mod plays either uninstall it and play something else or adjust to the way it has been made. There are certainly a few bugs but many like the dupe bug (not saying this is a bad comment) exist in vanilla.

Jax and his team have put countless hours and effort into this and to see some of the whining and complaining just makes me sick. This is my opinion so take it for what its worth but with a few tweaks this will be a stellar mod. He has already stated there are some issues and they will work to correct them but my god people... really wtf.

I agree with what you said. Some people gets really angry and prolly loose it a little bit when the frustration kicks in, however it isnt a justification to go ape ♥♥♥♥ on others cause simply everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Me personally enjoy the mod a lot, iv always liked ravenhearst over all the others cause of how slow, hard and "locked" it is, i know its not for everyone and again, there are other alternatives to whoever finds it either too hard or just simply not fun.

I guess there is always a posibility that Jaxx and his team can make a "ridiculously easy variant" i dont know, it surelly isnt for me, but might get others the fun they are lacking atm. Im no sage or diviner, but i will bet you that even if this "mode" existed, there would be still people complaning about something, you know hard to please em all lol.

I keep reading complains (critics) about pigs health, seriously, there are other animals you can kill for meat, the regular boars can be 1 shotted with a good weapon, hell maybe 2-3 iron crossbow bolts and he will go down and there you go, your meat. I tend to ignore the other pigs. Cows, black and white one die of 2-3 shots and they run away, i kill those ones and ignore (watch them kill the zombos) the other ones that fight back and chase you. Its all about picking your fight imo.

- - - Updated - - -

It's does change difficulty .. But not to a Big degree ... Try wimp vers survivalist or insane.

Anyway .. I play all of my game at Survivalist setting .. But I also have over 2600 hrs in the 7D2D modded and Vanilla Games.

Have Fun and Enjoy ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

I disagree on the changes almost nothing, in fact it changes a lot, me and my mates play insane on the server and i play default on single player, and i can tell you, SP you kill way easier and faster, zeds hit you for way less, so under my eyes there is a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a lockpick in the game, opens containers not doors

The lockpicks work on the locked coffins? damn i didnt thought about that, thanks for the info my mate!

- - - Updated - - -

Confirmed. It's the black & white cows that you can use the milk bucket on. Not the brown & white ones.

You are a kind sir to let us all know about this haha. Question, you use the bucket on the body of the cow or just smack her chasing her like it used to work on Starvation?

Latest Information

We have identified several issues that were causing server crashes and game corruptions. Not everyone will see these issues, but these issues ARE present. We spent the entire weekend hammering our test servers in multiple ways, sphereii has been absolutely instrumental in digging into our error logs further than what they can normally display and we have identified several problems and have corrected them. Here is what we have done so far:

1. Custom animals were NOT taking any spike damage. For now we have removed them. Bulls, Cows and Pigs would walk into a spike but just stand there. This would throw a flood of server errors until the server eventually stopped loading the world and would crash. We are now testing extensively HOW to get the animals back in.

2. Several POIS from Magolis Pack are VERY old. Some had block ids that were no longer being used and since our mod uses these block ids things like carrots in place of a door no longer used or a decorating station in stonehenge would be seen. We removed these pois for now until myself or the amazing dancapo can get them fixed up.

3. Some pois are just TOO large. Several POIS like Hotel De Stallion are just too big for the mod. Our mod ius resource heavy as is. Addding a POI like the Hospital (which has 5 times the amount of sleepers as Red Mesa) caused servers with multiple people to lag out and crash. These crashe could cause save corruptions and we would see things like day rollbacks. For now we have removed them and several POI makers are reworking these POIs for us and they will be added back in the future.

4. Conflicts with Server Managers. Adding our custom items to Server Managers or spawning in Custom Zombies would SOMETIMES throw a Server Manager error. These arent fatal but if you looked at the logs you would notice them.

THE PLAN: We are taking a few more days to ENSURE these errors are corrected. I know this is frustrating. No one is more let down or frustrated than our team. We put hours into testing but unfortunately these were the kind of errors you can only find by mass releasing. We will be releasing a fixed version this week that will also include several fixes to other reported issues.

THE LAUNCHER: We will be removing ALL 2.2 links from the Launcher to ENSURE that 3.0 games and saves will NOT get accidentally overwritten. When the fix is released you will still see the RH 30 links in the Launcher. You can STILL play and load from them. BUT There will be new Links for 3.1 added to the Launcher for those who wish to upgrade and wipe. 3.0 links should be considered unstable as of that point and the recommended install will be 3.1. 2.2 Links will be available to download directly but you will no longer be able to find those links in the Launcher. So please plan now. It is recommended everyone upgrade to 3.1 when it releases. We will not be accepting any bug reports from people who did not wipe FULLY for 3.1. We are already aware of all the 3.0 bugs.

Once again our entire team is very sorry for this entire ordeal. I believe we will come out of this stronger. Ravenhearst is not going anywhere and every mod has its missteps. This is a very kind and forgiving community and it is you guys and girls that drive me to continue even though I am extremely disappointed in myself for all of this. . A special thank you and HUGE debt of gratitude for my Whitelist server who had to endure a reboot every hour while they hammered on it looking for bugs. Without them we would have never gotten these fixes found. And as always this whole thing would have fallen apart without sphereii and his genius. Seriously. You have saved my life more than you can ever know or understand.

Even with this supposedly bugged version 3.0, me and the gf have just had the best 7dtd gaming weekend ever. We LOVE the challenge and the gritty feeling of this mod. It's so nice to be able to get excited for the small victories, and it promises an epic experience in the long run. Again, thank you! :) :)

Hi all!

Awesome mod. We played 3.0 for a few days now and greatly enjoy it.

What I've been wondering about. I'm playing the blunt weapons class and I'm player level 22. Scavenging, construction tools and so on is also pretty well leveled. But I've so far not received the scrap iron tools recipes. Were they removed from 3.0? I remember getting them in version 2 after I think scavenging 15 or something like this :-)

Many thanks and all the best,

Michael

@JaxTeller718 Thank you very much for your hard work! Really appreciate keeping us in the loop and staying transparent. This is how any game developer should stay in touch with their fan base! In some ways the 7 days to die game and Ravenhearst mod in particular are way better than many released titles.

Mistakes happen, this is the way of life. The only people who do not do mistakes are the ones who do nothing!

Keep up the good work!

You are a kind sir to let us all know about this haha. Question, you use the bucket on the body of the cow or just smack her chasing her like it used to work on Starvation?

I will be super impressed if you can catch a cow to milk it while it's alive. They run really fast lol. I only tried it on the corpse and it worked and gave me 3 milks.

I am amazed by the amount of complaints and outright disrespect by some in this thread. To keep things polite, if you don't like the way the mod plays either uninstall it and play something else or adjust to the way it has been made. There are certainly a few bugs but many like the dupe bug (not saying this is a bad comment) exist in vanilla.

Jax and his team have put countless hours and effort into this and to see some of the whining and complaining just makes me sick. This is my opinion so take it for what its worth but with a few tweaks this will be a stellar mod. He has already stated there are some issues and they will work to correct them but my god people... really wtf.

I agree. Be nice people. There are ways to give feedback without being a jerk.

And what is with this hangup on "realism"? How can you ask for that with a straight face? It's a zombie game ... you're okay with being stupid enough to go running around whacking zombies with a stick ... but complain that you can't shoot a crow with a 44 ... have you ever SHOT a 44 before? Or tried to shoot a flying bird? Did you suddenly become Wyatt Earp when you reincarnated in the middle of nowhere wearing nothing but your underwear and a backpack?

And feral pigs the size of small cows ARE going to hand you your rear end on a platter if you mess with them. Go run around Texas brushlands and poke a javelina with a stick ... see how that turns out for you. And that's not mentioning shooting a grizzly bear with a bow ... go try that and let me know how that works for you in reality.

When you die you reincarnate miles away on a magic bedroll, with no harm done. Zombie bites can give you an infection, but you don't become a zombie.

I mean really folks ... complaining the game is not realistic is like standing in the snow and complaining that Frosty the Snowman isn't playing with you.

I worry about you guys .... I really do.