A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Unfortunately, the API doesn't have a speed or progress indicator available. It's because it does not know how much it needs to download. We have noticed some Europeans having really slow speeds through the download.

I believe one person went to a local hot spot, that was with another internet provider, and they were able to download much faster.

well I wish if I could do that......still I am having a free time now as I am not in a rush but the thrill of testing the mod is killing me!

P.S: I am waiting to check if either the sync doesnt work or the down speed is slow.....just to inform you sphereii and to help you find the reason of this problem.Capture3.jpg.4065a08637221dd57d22453eb9534018.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I also got this picture for the devs....I know it is false negative but just wanted to inform alsoCapture.jpg.43183305a6480cdec9d45643f0a6113d.jpg

Capture2.jpg.94edca89ea3cb3830839c93d6b02b999.jpg

well I wish if I could do that......still I am having a free time now as I am not in a rush but the thrill of testing the mod is killing me!

P.S: I am waiting to check if either the sync doesnt work or the down speed is slow.....just to inform you sphereii and to help you find the reason of this problem.[ATTACH=CONFIG]23090[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23091[/ATTACH]

- - - Updated - - -

I also got this picture for the devs....I know it is false negative but just wanted to inform also[ATTACH=CONFIG]23092[/ATTACH]

the 7dlauncher.exe is from the Fun Pimps :)

Pear & cherry tree already fully grown but can't collection pear & cherry from tree, I been chop 1 tree give me 1 pear :(, I still scurvy all time haven't got fruit yet they keep lost wellness. I was played True Survive mod have chopped tree give 5-10 apples.

sxY2oEz.jpg

You don't chop trees... You harvest them with your hands, as described here (WARNING: wiki is work in progress).

this is for you sphereii....after 4 hours of downloading..........it worked! sure it may not show what was it doing but if u check task manager it is downloading something so it wudnt be using internet for nothing lol. I only did this cuz if anyone asks for a solution tell em to remove C:/7D2D then press download mod then DONT PRESS OPEN MOD or PLAY MOD press "sync"....it may take time but check task manager...if downloading....it is coming for ya

this is for you sphereii....after 4 hours of downloading..........it worked! sure it may not show what was it doing but if u check task manager it is downloading something so it wudnt be using internet for nothing lol. I only did this cuz if anyone asks for a solution tell em to remove C:/7D2D then press download mod then DONT PRESS OPEN MOD or PLAY MOD press "sync"....it may take time but check task manager...if downloading....it is coming for ya

Great to hear. Enjoy the mod.

I was told I should come on here and voice some of the issues that are making starvation not as fun for me as it was in a15. And to the point that I am not wanting to play it like I did then. There are so many things I do love about this mod and I hadn't came and voiced these others things as I didn't want to seem negative to people that are working so hard on a mod.

So lets get down to business.

1. The flys - too often, too loud, too long of a buff. Was very cool the first time and then after that super annoying. As a streamer that sound isn't something I want my viewers having to deal with much either. I think the bees being added was enough buzzing. If they are kept maybe drop the sound some, make it way more rare, and reduce the length, and add some bug spray to keep it from happening at all. Something craftable or lootable in the first week of play.

2. Stealth/Sneaking. Seeming nearly impossible to keep from being found by the zombies in the day time. Plus zeds are seeing me from way too far away. Feels this needs drop just a tad. I have not been out at night to see how that is working.

3. Nearly run speed zombies. With all the other stuff in game that can kill you adding that too is just over kill, especially since it seems you can't seem to avoid the zeds as stated above.

4. Hills and this might be just the map I got with the seed Starvation but really having a hard time finding a decent flat spot to build. I like to build outside of a town and not right in it. But again this just might have been my seed.

5. Lastly. Pack space. Way too much added in this mod to be able to enjoy looting/game-play with the size pack that it has. I know there has been talk of maybe a 10ish more slots. That would help but in all honesty the best thing I think could happen would be choices in the launcher for a small (current size), medium and large packs. Choices like that are a good thing and tend to make way more people happy.

Lastly I would like to say thank you to all the modders working on this mod. I know you guys put in a lot of your time and love into this.

I was told I should come on here and voice some of the issues that are making starvation not as fun for me as it was in a15. And to the point that I am not wanting to play it like I did then. There are so many things I do love about this mod and I hadn't came and voiced these others things as I didn't want to seem negative to people that are working so hard on a mod.

So lets get down to business.

1. The flys - too often, too loud, too long of a buff. Was very cool the first time and then after that super annoying. As a streamer that sound isn't something I want my viewers having to deal with much either. I think the bees being added was enough buzzing. If they are kept maybe drop the sound some, make it way more rare, and reduce the length, and add some bug spray to keep it from happening at all. Something craftable or lootable in the first week of play.

I provided Morte with new fly particles with sound turned down, 50%, 25% and to 10%. Morte will pick one to his liking. I hope you like the choice as well. We will probably also reduce the probability of flies living in trash too.

2. Stealth/Sneaking. Seeming nearly impossible to keep from being found by the zombies in the day time. Plus zeds are seeing me from way too far away. Feels this needs drop just a tad. I have not been out at night to see how that is working.

Starvation has much more aware zeds than the dumb and deaf ones in vanilla. Line of sight is critical now. You cant stealth in the light and expect not to be seem. Sound is also more important now, they can hear you looting if not stealthed. Stealth does work, its just not a get out of jail free card like it is in vanilla. You have to use the shadows and things that block line of sight now. Ever play Thief? Think that way.

3. Nearly run speed zombies. With all the other stuff in game that can kill you adding that too is just over kill, especially since it seems you can't seem to avoid the zeds as stated above.

We might dial it down a notch, but I hear a lot of folks like it so finding a balance will be hard.

4. Hills and this might be just the map I got with the seed Starvation but really having a hard time finding a decent flat spot to build. I like to build outside of a town and not right in it. But again this just might have been my seed.

5. Lastly. Pack space. Way too much added in this mod to be able to enjoy looting/game-play with the size pack that it has. I know there has been talk of maybe a 10ish more slots. That would help but in all honesty the best thing I think could happen would be choices in the launcher for a small (current size), medium and large packs. Choices like that are a good thing and tend to make way more people happy.

I'm pushing for a 45 slot bag when the new UI is released. You got my vote on this one!

Lastly I would like to say thank you to all the modders working on this mod. I know you guys put in a lot of your time and love into this.

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm pushing for a 45 slot bag when the new UI is released. You got my vote on this one!

Why not have support for bigpack mod. UI mod is one thing- 45 sure- I mean most people will enjoy that.

But why not just add the support for SDX or bigback mod in the first place?! If people want it- they will download it. Its not like you have to add it by default- just give mod support.(option)

Other mods have done so and are they worse because of that? On the contrary. If you can give people options to choose- options are nice every time.

How does one level the sanity skill so I can get my carpet again? I have one character on day 9 now with 120 minute days and his exp bar for resistance is 2% at lvl 1. I feel like I'm wasting my life sitting on a bedroll trying to recover sanity now.

Also is there a way to find out what is needed to craft certain items? I spent about 30 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't craft aloe bandages. I feel like I'm going to miss out on a lot of early progression just due to the fact I'm not sure what I can/can't build.

Other than that, loving it.

I believe the sanity skill only goes up when you actually gain sanity from meditating. If your bar is full, no skill gain. At least that's how it has worked in the past.

I completely agree about the need to know what is required to craft items. A hammer icon next to everything doesn't help because we don't know which crafting machine each item is made from. Any way to get custom icons for each workstation on the recipe? (forge, big forge, workbench, etc) I have this problem with the beaker. I still can't figure out how to make one, but the recipe is there.

There's an idea, too. Perhaps a treatment to cut the debuff duration in half, like splints do for sprained/broken legs.

I like this idea, or maybe make the treatment for spider/snake bites easier to craft early on, but require you to apply it every 4 hours or so until cured, kinda like antibiotics in the real world.

Why not have support for bigpack mod. UI mod is one thing- 45 sure- I mean most people will enjoy that.

But why not just add the support for SDX or bigback mod in the first place?! If people want it- they will download it. Its not like you have to add it by default- just give mod support.(option)

Other mods have done so and are they worse because of that? On the contrary. If you can give people options to choose- options are nice every time.

My vote is for some sort of bag functionality, where you have our current default inventory space when you start, but you can craft bags and backpacks to equip that either increases your inventory size, or maybe right click the backpack to open it's inventory to be used like a chest. If the latter, you'd need some sort of deterrent to keep people from using more than one, like reducing your movement speed to really low or zero if the bag is unequipped to your inventory. Something like that.

Most other mods (if any) don't have as much custom C# code that effects the UI like it does in Starvation. The UI is not just XML driven, so custom UI edits may break starvation badly. The exo suit heads-up display for example probably would not work without serious UI hacking, if at all.

So basically, its a workload issue to support more than 1 UI build. Once the new UI is built and running, we can take a look at what might be done but we are not investing any more time in the current UI.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe the sanity skill only goes up when you actually gain sanity from meditating. If your bar is full, no skill gain. At least that's how it has worked in the past.

I completely agree about the need to know what is required to craft items. A hammer icon next to everything doesn't help because we don't know which crafting machine each item is made from. Any way to get custom icons for each workstation on the recipe? (forge, big forge, workbench, etc) I have this problem with the beaker. I still can't figure out how to make one, but the recipe is there.

Yup, this is on the issues list, will be fixed in the next major release

I like this idea, or maybe make the treatment for spider/snake bites easier to craft early on, but require you to apply it every 4 hours or so until cured, kinda like antibiotics in the real world.

We also discussed this and will do something to help mitigate bite early on.

My vote is for some sort of bag functionality, where you have our current default inventory space when you start, but you can craft bags and backpacks to equip that either increases your inventory size, or maybe right click the backpack to open it's inventory to be used like a chest. If the latter, you'd need some sort of deterrent to keep people from using more than one, like reducing your movement speed to really low or zero if the bag is unequipped to your inventory. Something like that.

We have discussed having the player start off with more slots that are locked until unlocked by perks, quests etc. That can be done in code, and might make it into the next UI at some point after release.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

We have discussed having the player start off with more slots that are locked until unlocked by perks, quests etc. That can be done in code, and might make it into the next UI at some point after release.

That would be a super cool way of doing it too.

Hey there.

How big it the mod and is it possible to get it without the mod launcher?

Tried to load the mod launcher but it didnt work a quick tracert with ping plotter shows me a huge packet loss at the source.

No i managed to get te loader from another player, i copied from my steam folder and snyced mod. It didnt work. Its vanilla

Ok, i redownloaded 72d2 via steamcmd and sync... now its refreshing... the network monitor shows me a traffic from 2.1 mbit/s. The launcher didnt give any information how much time it will take. Hours? Minutes?

Hey,

I dont read anything about that issue before. U can avoid food from spoiling in ur base( or whereever) easily....just keep the food/drink in the fireplace, and it will never spoil. A Bug, a feature, an unknown problem?... maybe one that cant be solved...dont know.

My proposal, let it spoil (maybe even faster then in backpack/chest) ..so u have to take a look at ur cooking place.

Edited by Penzed (see edit history)

Just home from work and followed the dedicated server guide and FRIED GOLD first try. My dedicated server is up and running was quick and painless!! So the step I was missing was using the SteamCMD to set up the server instead of the dedicated.bat file in the steam directory. Thank you very much for the guide would love to stay and chat but got some zombies to deal with :-) !!!!!

Most other mods (if any) don't have as much custom C# code that effects the UI like it does in Starvation. The UI is not just XML driven, so custom UI edits may break starvation badly. The exo suit heads-up display for example probably would not work without serious UI hacking, if at all.

So basically, its a workload issue to support more than 1 UI build. Once the new UI is built and running, we can take a look at what might be done but we are not investing any more time in the current UI.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh I see. Thx for clarifying.

Basically that leaves 3 options.

* Your team with know-how does a separate mod and uploads it just for this feature.

* Your team invents new ways to increase it in game. (current option)

* A programmer comes along this thread and spends his time to implement option 1 or 2

Anyhow:,

Modular slots unlocked via perks sounds good.

How about slots for exoskeleton? Like left arm or right arm- you need to find/ assemble a special slot item on your exo that increases your carry ability.

A flying drone (think mule with wings) that follows you until it needs refueling. I'm sure someone has already thought about that.

Ofc this all comes to time and priorities. Content/ features/ bugs etc.

Any time date you guys aiming with the next content version?!

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing idea!