A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Why do my animals keep disappearing? My NPCs too.. I have my NPCs working ,and the yare fed, then poof, they disappear one day.. Do they only last so long? Same for my animals. They will be fine in my farm then suddenly poof gone.. the males disappear more than the females, but they too will end up disappearing. i make sure they have access to both food and water. does water need to be in the trough? why do they vanish, and why arent they breeding?

We have been playing for quite a while, but none of us have found any GUN books, has this changed in some way from before.

CrossBows etc we have found books. But nothing on Guns in BookStores. Been checking Military camps too and no luck.

Some clue would be nice if you know what was changed. We have hit level 100 and still not found any.

We have been playing for quite a while, but none of us have found any GUN books, has this changed in some way from before.

CrossBows etc we have found books. But nothing on Guns in BookStores. Been checking Military camps too and no luck.

Some clue would be nice if you know what was changed. We have hit level 100 and still not found any.

Hello.

That are no more weapon books. You need a weapon workbench to assemble / disassemble guns.

Quick question: Is there a way to move the text in the upper right hand of the screen that displays the month and day to the left side of the screen because the client's alpha text is right over it making it hard to decipher?

I've looked into the UI config myself but couldn't find it. Thanks in advance! :)

Quick question: Is there a way to move the text in the upper right hand of the screen that displays the month and day to the left side of the screen because the client's alpha text is right over it making it hard to decipher?

I've looked into the UI config myself but couldn't find it. Thanks in advance! :)

I even used creative to spawn in a book to read, and I would unlearn it in about 2 minutes. Gotta use the dang bench. :( cant even repair anything without it lol.

----------

would love to see some of these question / answers in the wikidot or on the website for easier access.. this is alot of pages to read through to learn stuff...

-----------

some problems we've run into:

....... NPC workers will randomly die, even when fed and working

....... guns dont seem to be able to hit old models (bears, wolves, ect) but arrows work fine

...... when workstations are making items, sometimes the item they are making, or the parts they are using will magically create a huge stack of like 13k or more of the item.

...... the quest to kill the rad ape will not count the ape kill

...... my farm animals will dissappear, wont breed. mostly its the males that vanish. does the trough need water?

...... Is there no use for the boy?

...... sometimes when i pick up an item, my inventory will get filled up with copies of that item.

..... small generator and diesel generator should have different amounts of engine slots.

..... water collectors are just vanishing, and they flood through walls.

..... Ultrasonic rodent Repellers do nothing.

...... Radio says you can plug it in, but you cant.

...... cant change the channel on the tv

...... some of the zombies "unrendor" when you change camera angle. (bikini, rezzer, and parasite to name the most offenders) they still there just "blink" out and back in.

...... sometimes when shooting, if the gun has a silencer on it, the gun sound bugs out and just keeps repeating.

...... if you are using the 50 cal gun, and you roll the mouse wheel up to change weapons it dupes the browning and destroys w/e was in that slot, then the new browning bugs out.

...... sometimes when using insert to put a mod on a gun you get a null ref.

...... if you have a flashlight on a gun and the flashlight breaks, the whole gun breaks.

..... Avocado and Dates say we can use them in juices and stuff, but there is no recipe options for them. (jerky also says it can be used in juices..... bleh)

...... Lemon juice should be lemonaid (give sugar another use :D )... can you imagine drinking straight up lemon juice! whew boy!

..... mechanic says he can make nails, but he wont make them.

..... tamed cougar is very noisy, its sound file just constantly repeats, its like having a mac truck idol in your ear.

..... i have food and water in the dog trough for my pets but they dont eat, nor sleep in the bed.

..... what the hell do i do with rats after i loot them? lol I cant figure this one out other then sell them to the trader and troll players.

list was bigger than i expected, lol. just a few things we've noticed... we really love this mod, and look forward to see what's next :D

Edited by PurgatoryWolf (see edit history)

Thanks for the input!

I even used creative to spawn in a book to read, and I would unlearn it in about 2 minutes. Gotta use the dang bench. :( cant even repair anything without it lol.

----------

would love to see some of these question / answers in the wikidot or on the website for easier access.. this is alot of pages to read through to learn stuff...

-----------

....... NPC workers will randomly die, even when fed and working Cant reproduce this, so will need to know the conditions that lead up to this)

....... guns dont seem to be able to hit old models (bears, wolves, ect) but arrows work fine (In my play, at least the hunting rifle always hits)

...... when workstations are making items, sometimes the item they are making, or the parts they are using will magically create a huge stack of like 13k or more of the item. Cant reproduce this

...... the quest to kill the rad ape will not count the ape kill Noted, easy fix

...... my farm animals will dissappear, wont breed. mostly its the males that vanish. does the trough need water? Cant reproduce this

...... sometimes when i pick up an item, my inventory will get filled up with copies of that item. Cant reproduce this

..... small generator and diesel generator should have different amounts of engine slots. Working as intended

..... water collectors are just vanishing, and they flood through walls. when properly installed with complete surround, a block above all around as well,and space for water, i dont see this ever happening

..... Ultrasonic rodent Repellers do nothing. Cant reproduce this, they seem to work on dedi

...... Radio says you can plug it in, but you cant. Noted, will try to reproduce

...... cant change the channel on the tv Noted, will try to reproduce

...... some of the zombies "unrendor" when you change camera angle. (bikini, rezzer, and parasite to name the most offenders) they still there just "blink" out and back in. Will fix this someday, low priority

...... sometimes when shooting, if the gun has a silencer on it, the gun sound bugs out and just keeps repeating.

...... if you are using the 50 cal gun, and you roll the mouse wheel up to change weapons it dupes the browning and destroys w/e was in that slot, then the new browning bugs out. Noted, will try to reproduce

...... sometimes when using insert to put a mod on a gun you get a null ref. Noted, will try to reproduce

...... if you have a flashlight on a gun and the flashlight breaks, the whole gun breaks. Noted, will try to reproduce

..... Avocado and Dates say we can use them in juices and stuff, but there is no recipe options for them. (jerky also says it can be used in juices..... bleh) New recipe systems incoming

...... Lemon juice should be lemonaid (give sugar another use :D )... can you imagine drinking straight up lemon juice! whew boy! New recipe systems incoming

..... mechanic says he can make nails, but he wont make them. Noted, will try to reproduce

..... tamed cougar is very noisy, its sound file just constantly repeats, its like having a mac truck idol in your ear. Noted, they are loud creatures

..... i have food and water in the dog trough for my pets but they dont eat, nor sleep in the bed. Noted, will try to reproduce. May need admin rights for this to work

..... what the hell do i do with rats after i loot them? lol I cant figure this one out other then sell them to the trader and troll players. No current purpose

list was bigger than i expected, lol. just a few things we've noticed... we really love this mod, and look forward to see what's next :D

My feedback is above in red. Thanks for the feedback, it really helps.

My feedback is above in red. Thanks for the feedback, it really helps.

^_^ No problem. I feel like im complaining, but im not! :D

okay..... lets see..

-------------------

....... NPC workers will randomly die, even when fed and working Cant reproduce this, so will need to know the conditions that lead up to this) We don't know. They will have food, and they will be working, then suddenly, BAM they die. I notice when they get bored they die/vanish, but it just seems to happen. Working then poof. We have plenty of food and work. We cant seem to reproduce it, seems random.

....... guns dont seem to be able to hit old models (bears, wolves, ect) but arrows work fine (In my play, at least the hunting rifle always hits) This is with the "new" guns, sorry I should have clarified,

like desert eagle, the new rifles/pistols and the edited psg.

...... when workstations are making items, sometimes the item they are making, or the parts they are using will magically create a huge stack of like 13k or more of the item. Cant reproduce this we cant either, it seems to happen at random, mostly when we forget about him and hes working on the same project for a long time, especially if the boxes get full

...... my farm animals will dissappear, wont breed. mostly its the males that vanish. does the trough need water? Cant reproduce this We've got them in a 20x20 ish area one wall has water,

and we have the mfenced in, and they have food. we've got one pair each, maybe once every few "months" we will get a random baby, but most of the time we will go check and a male will be gone. rarely the female is gone. The bull and ram vanish most often. we dont know whats causing it. (death by snu snu?)

...... sometimes when i pick up an item, my inventory will get filled up with copies of that item. Cant reproduce this use either, seems random

..... water collectors are just vanishing, and they flood through walls. when properly installed with complete surround, a block above all around as well,and space for water, i dont see this ever happening we first had them ontop our roof, and it flooded the whole base, all 3 floors, lol. now we have them in a 10x10 pit, but they dissappear.

..... Ultrasonic rodent Repellers do nothing. Cant reproduce this, they seem to work on dedi installed several over our garden, rats just walk right over em, lol, perhaps because garden is underground? tried them both uptop and below and both.

..... i have food and water in the dog trough for my pets but they dont eat, nor sleep in the bed. Noted, will try to reproduce. May need admin rights for this to work i have admin powers on the server.

I figured tiger, spider, hyena, cougar, dont need to eat, but thought the dogs did but the food never seems to deminish.

new one: summoning a tamed zombie bear freaks the server out causing massive null refs.

aslo new problem: when placing a new farmer and first talking to her, an error pops up.

guard stations causes errors after being given weapons/ammo.

We just started getting this error today, workers have all their stuff and wont work.. this error spams over and over like a 100 rows of error code every 30 seconds.

CrafterWorkScript: Crafter has no inventory

FarmerWorkScript: Farmer has no inventory

they were working fine before today (asside from the occasional disappearance) ... If we figure out how to purposely replicate any of these will let you know.

The zombieBear pet is fixed in next patch. Frankly it sounds like you have a bad install, maybe mismatched files? We have dozens of testers on many servers, and none are reporting even a fraction of these issues. I'd suggest a full wipe and re-install when that's possible.

The zombieBear pet is fixed in next patch. Frankly it sounds like you have a bad install, maybe mismatched files? We have dozens of testers on many servers, and none are reporting even a fraction of these issues. I'd suggest a full wipe and re-install when that's possible.

im not the only one with the issues, or do you mean for the dedi?

Hi, I found a bug with the insect repellent block. I think it loses power in the morning when the game switches between the battery bank and solar bank. In my video (below) I attached 4 insect repellent lights to a battery bank which in turn is attached to the solar bank. The repellent lights are not illuminated even though it is morning and the solar bank has enough output to power all my devices. I had to manually switch off/on the battery bank for the repellent lights to turn on again. Now I don't know if it is a just graphical issue, since the solar bank shows the same amount when the repellent lights are illuminated. Any ideas?

Also while I'm here, do normal trees require water to grow? I know the fruit trees do. Thanks.

im not the only one with the issues, or do you mean for the dedi?

The fact that it's more than one player in your group but no other groups means that it is not the client. As Xyth stated, these issues seem to be isolated to your group. Therefore the common denominator is the server install. Wipe the server, reinstall, and see what that brings you.

Hi, I found a bug with the insect repellent block. I think it loses power in the morning when the game switches between the battery bank and solar bank. In my video (below) I attached 4 insect repellent lights to a battery bank which in turn is attached to the solar bank. The repellent lights are not illuminated even though it is morning and the solar bank has enough output to power all my devices. I had to manually switch off/on the battery bank for the repellent lights to turn on again. Now I don't know if it is a just graphical issue, since the solar bank shows the same amount when the repellent lights are illuminated. Any ideas?

Also while I'm here, do normal trees require water to grow? I know the fruit trees do. Thanks.

Looks to me that because the batteries are dead, they are drawing all your solar power to recharge. Maybe? The reason turning them off and on allows power is that if gives you a hair over what the batteries require to recharge. That hair over remains positive as long as there is sun. Just an idea. Question here: Do you get plague if the lights aren't lit? If you still don't get plague than it's a graphic issue. If you do, than it's a power issue.

As for trees, if you plant it, it requires water. If the RWG placed it, it does not.

Edited by Rags (see edit history)

Just passing on some info. I wanted tp put on my server Magoli's , War of the walkers and Ravenhearst prefabs not included in Starvation. I put them all in the Starvation rwg file and that didn't work, so I put everything ( including the bespoke Starvation entries ) in Magoli's rwg file and that worked.

^_^ No problem. I feel like im complaining, but im not! :D

okay..... lets see..

-------------------

....... NPC workers will randomly die, even when fed and working Cant reproduce this, so will need to know the conditions that lead up to this) We don't know. They will have food, and they will be working, then suddenly, BAM they die. I notice when they get bored they die/vanish, but it just seems to happen. Working then poof. We have plenty of food and work. We cant seem to reproduce it, seems random.

....... guns dont seem to be able to hit old models (bears, wolves, ect) but arrows work fine (In my play, at least the hunting rifle always hits) This is with the "new" guns, sorry I should have clarified,

like desert eagle, the new rifles/pistols and the edited psg.

...... when workstations are making items, sometimes the item they are making, or the parts they are using will magically create a huge stack of like 13k or more of the item. Cant reproduce this we cant either, it seems to happen at random, mostly when we forget about him and hes working on the same project for a long time, especially if the boxes get full

...... my farm animals will dissappear, wont breed. mostly its the males that vanish. does the trough need water? Cant reproduce this We've got them in a 20x20 ish area one wall has water,

and we have the mfenced in, and they have food. we've got one pair each, maybe once every few "months" we will get a random baby, but most of the time we will go check and a male will be gone. rarely the female is gone. The bull and ram vanish most often. we dont know whats causing it. (death by snu snu?)

...... sometimes when i pick up an item, my inventory will get filled up with copies of that item. Cant reproduce this use either, seems random

..... water collectors are just vanishing, and they flood through walls. when properly installed with complete surround, a block above all around as well,and space for water, i dont see this ever happening we first had them ontop our roof, and it flooded the whole base, all 3 floors, lol. now we have them in a 10x10 pit, but they dissappear.

..... Ultrasonic rodent Repellers do nothing. Cant reproduce this, they seem to work on dedi installed several over our garden, rats just walk right over em, lol, perhaps because garden is underground? tried them both uptop and below and both.

..... i have food and water in the dog trough for my pets but they dont eat, nor sleep in the bed. Noted, will try to reproduce. May need admin rights for this to work i have admin powers on the server.

I figured tiger, spider, hyena, cougar, dont need to eat, but thought the dogs did but the food never seems to deminish.

new one: summoning a tamed zombie bear freaks the server out causing massive null refs.

aslo new problem: when placing a new farmer and first talking to her, an error pops up.

guard stations causes errors after being given weapons/ammo.

We just started getting this error today, workers have all their stuff and wont work.. this error spams over and over like a 100 rows of error code every 30 seconds.

CrafterWorkScript: Crafter has no inventory

FarmerWorkScript: Farmer has no inventory

they were working fine before today (asside from the occasional disappearance) ... If we figure out how to purposely replicate any of these will let you know.

Purgatory Wolf and myself are running a server with roughly 25 people on the server. If it helps the server is being run by Blue Fang Solutions.

Looks to me that because the batteries are dead, they are drawing all your solar power to recharge. Maybe? The reason turning them off and on allows power is that if gives you a hair over what the batteries require to recharge. That hair over remains positive as long as there is sun. Just an idea. Question here: Do you get plague if the lights aren't lit? If you still don't get plague than it's a graphic issue. If you do, than it's a power issue.

As for trees, if you plant it, it requires water. If the RWG placed it, it does not.

Yes the solar bank recharges the batteries in the battery bank if they are dead but there is still plenty left over to charge other devices. I have two fridges hidden in the corner and all the food in them appear fine (eg. do not spoil) with this setup. I recorded another video where at actually 6:00 AM the repellent lights turn off after being on all night with both banks on. I'll do more tests when I get a chance to see if the repellent lights are actually working even if they appear off.

This issue is easy to reproduce - attach solar bank to battery bank with both banks on. Then attach insect repellent or rodent lights to battery bank and wait till 6:00 AM in the morning or whenever dawn/zombies walk/light breaks out. Note, I am playing SP.

As for the planted trees requiring water, thanks for the clarification.

On the topic of water and trees many of my rain collectors did disappear. However, I'm wondering if they were destroyed by a wandering horde trying to attack trees and the collectors themselves got in the way. I have noticed that wandering hordes are much more frequent in A16, almost daily in my world.

On the topic of water and trees many of my rain collectors did disappear. However, I'm wondering if they were destroyed by a wandering horde trying to attack trees and the collectors themselves got in the way. I have noticed that wandering hordes are much more frequent in A16, almost daily in my world.

It's exactly once a day. Once per day the game will pick one random player on the server and send a horde towards them.

It's absolutely possible that the zeds are breaking the collectors. Try to fence off your farming area to protect them and see if they continue to disappear.

Try building it on the roof of your base. NOTE!!!! Make sure your roof is concrete as wood will let the water into your base. Then go for the living roof concept.

I'll see if I can replicate your power issue.

Edited by Rags (see edit history)

It's exactly once a day. Once per day the game will pick one random player on the server and send a horde towards them.

It's absolutely possible that the zeds are breaking the collectors. Try to fence off your farming area to protect them and see if they continue to disappear.

Try building it on the roof of your base. NOTE!!!! Make sure your roof is concrete as wood will let the water into your base. Then go for the living roof concept.

I'll see if I can replicate your power issue.

I have seen zeds seem oddly attracted to water collectors. Every time i put those in the open at ground level surrounded by woodblocks, they were attacked almost daily. Might be something in the code that makes the collector a target. Unintentional, i'm sure :-)

BTW, incoming Patch!!!!!! You have been warned........

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

CLIENT / SERVER 16.0.0.28

Christmas Update

StarvationSanta1.jpg.29f469a31306c2aa182421e54e2b1a41.jpg

• MINER EVENT
    • You can now craft a miner:
      • Miner Base (crafted in Mill)
      • Miner Blade (crafted in Lathe)
      • Miner Arm (crafted in Mill)
      • Control Box (crafted in Science Workstation)

[*]You should then find a suitable place to mine. The miner actually mines world mineral (3 block radius straight down). So placing it in a place with a lot of ore blocks will grant the higher results

[*]Keep in mind that it "depletes" the blocks it mines, so you can't camp a single spot, but it MIGHT last for more then 1 run.

[*]Once you find a suitable spot:

• Place the miner base. Make sure the spot is able to support it, you don't wanna loose it.
      • Open the tool box of the miner (click and hold for options).
      • Place the miner control box, arm and blade inside the tool box. This field assembles the miner.
      • Place a failure relay near the base.
      • Power up the failure relay
      • You will see a console coming up, and a booting up sequence
      • The event itself happens in 4 increasingly harder waves
      • Each wave will go deeper and deeper (10blocks, 20blocks, 40blocks, down to bedrock). Use common sense to understand your returns: if the closest ore is at 41 depth, waves 1 and 2 may return only a few things!
      • The deeper the miner goes, the higher the probability of finding rare gems and minerals, but the waves will also be harder.
      • You can interrupt the event at any time, by cutting off the power.
      • You can open the miner inventory at any time (click and hold for options)
      • You can pick up the miner, once you repair it and disassemble it by removing all tools and loot.
      • Failure Relay and Small Diesel Generators are now pickable EVEN WITHOUT LAND PROTECTION!
      • NOTE: some gems can drop anywhere, others only drop out of specific minerals.

[*]The event will error (stop) or reset if:

• No player stays within 10-15 blocks of the miner. At least one player should always be near. If no player is present, the current wave will reset.
      • Too many man made blocks near the miner, will trigger a failure protection and the miner will stop, so that you can't put blocks around it.
      • Having no open sky above will trigger a failure protection and the miner will stop.
      • Having no suitable place to spawn enemies will cause the miner to stop
      • Any missing miner tool will cause it to stop

[*]NOTE: repair hit box of the base is a bit "odd", so you need to move around it. We'll fix that asap.

[*]ORE SCANNER

• Using old Domonix ore scanner code, I improved it and made the brand new MinScan 1000
    • This rare loot device will allow you to scan the terrain under you for ores, in a radius of 3 blocks, making it an invaluable tool to use with the Miner.
    • The scanner can be found anywhere that drops "rare tools" in loot.
    • The scanner will display the quantity and mineral value of ores found, and well as the depth of the closest ore block.
    • NOTE that it will not tell you which ores are there.
      • The mineral value is a weighted sum of all ores available.
      • Based on current biome, ore quantity and mineral value, you'll have to use your wits to have an idea of what can be down there.

[*]RARE MINERALS/GEMS AND SOCKABLE UPGRADES

• With the miner, you can now find rare gems and rare minerals
    • Those can be used to either:
      • Increase max item quality, up to 650 (consumes the rare minerals)
      • Repair items without quality loss (consumes the rare minerals)
      • Increase entity damage (takes one slot)
      • Increase block damage (takes one slot)
      • If this feature has acceptance and works well, more combinations will come

[*]The following items are currently upgradable:

• Iron Armor
      • Steel Armor
      • Exo Suit
      • All ranged weapons
      • Iron and Steel tools
      • Machete, Iron Club, Sledgehammer, Hunting Knife, Saw Bat, Electric Speer, Lightsword

[*]How to upgrade:

• Hold the item
      • Press the - (the dash/hyphen/minus key)
      • Make the desired changes to the available gem sockets
      • Press ESC to apply the configuration
      • Invalid items will be returned to the inventory
      • You will be notified if there are useless gems for the current item in your configuration, but you wont be told which one
      • If any gem is consumed, you will be informed but you wont be told what it did.
      • If no warning messages appear it means your gem is doing something.
      • There is a small chance of failure, which causes the loss of the gem
      • It's up to you guys to figure out what does what to what.
      • I'll give you some pointers though, about previously existing ores. Some of them are now usable to repair or increase durability of certain items
        • Gold is now usable
        • Silver is now usable
        • Diamonds are now usable
        • Uranium is now usable
        • Depleted Uranium is now usable

[*]SANTA RESCUE EVENT

• Santa Claus is a random snow biome spawn
    • When a player gets close to it, a rescue event will be triggered and Santa will call out for help
      • 10s after the event is triggered, a first wave of enemies will spawn
      • The event consists of 4 increasingly harder waves, adding harder enemies then culminating with a boss
      • If you pay attention, Santa will give you a pointer that a wave spawn is incoming.
      • Player NEEDs to stay close to Santa (at least 1 player), and keep him alive
      • Santa will not accept dialogs for the duration of the event.
      • If all players leave Santa vicinity the event will reset.
      • If Santa survives the full event, he will be available to talk for 60 seconds. You will hear him thank you as a pointer, and dialogs will be available.
      • To open Santa presents, hold the item in hand and press right mouse button. Press ESC to close the Gift Box.

WORD OF ADVISE: do not engage on this new events alone, unless you're very well geared up and are not affraid of a challenge!

NOTE: if you guys find a way to "cheat" these events (which I know you will!), I ask you to contact us directly :)

I hope you guys have fun and enjoy this changes and, as always, keep us informed of problems, balancing issues or bugs. We'll get to them IF and WHEN possible, without overlooking our own fun!

So Merry Christmas, and go grab your presents!

PS - For people playing on official servers, updates should already be applied.

PS1- Public Server repo is already updated

Edited by Mortelentus (see edit history)